CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first heard about the truck shooting, I figured the truck was the correct make , color and model.
I never dreamed the truck was the wrong make, model and year... WITH a 70 something year old paper delivery woman and her daughter the driver and passenger. :what:
I was shocked to learn the 70 yr old woman was shot...not once but twice. :banghead:

WHAT were the officers thinking? Did they maybe panic ......then jump to conclusions?
I also wonder if the cops will ever be street cops again? Can they be? :moo:

You all are way ahead of me so please forgive if already discussed but I read in an L A news article that although the truck was of a different description it was, the officers thought, acting oddly: driving down the middle of the street stopping and starting and with no lights.

Carranza would briefly slow the truck to throw papers on driveways and front walks, he said. While taking corners, the women typically turn off their lights to avoid disturbing neighbors.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-torrance-shooting-20130209,0,4414028.story

They were delivering near where LE was guarding a possible target and when they came under fire tried to flee towards the targets home:

But he did say that the gunfire occurred in two bursts: The first came from an officer positioned down the block from the LAPD official's residence, and the second when Carranza accelerated away from the gunfire and toward other officers.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-torrance-shooting-20130209,0,4414028.story

Poor things it must have been terrifying!

The perp wants media attention and exoneration for his being wrongfully fired from the LAPD. What better way to entice him to come out from hiding but to provide him with a sham heart-to-heart talk on Anderson Cooper? AC is one of his heroes, according to his Manifesto, so let him talk to AC. He's not going to kill AC, I don't believe.

Respectfully snipped

I was just looking through the 1st thread. Seems he sent a package for AC that had a few things in it, one was a coin shot through with bullet holes. (Yep, plural, don't know what coin that would be, but it was plural.) I'm thinking AC would say no way to that, I know I would! Otherwise it was a good idea.

ETA: Link about it:

Dorner sent Anderson Cooper LAPD gold coin shot with bullet holes

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...ation-in-package-sent-to-anderson-cooper.html

and here they have a pic of it, scroll down for it:

http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/07/anderson-cooper-christopher-dorner-shooting-package-bullet-coin/

I see three huge issues here.

1. The cops were lost... circling and checking the same cabins over and over again... how many did they miss?

2. The city didn't plow the search area, this explains why they spent as much time getting unstuck as they did searching.

3. People were just allowed to go into unoccupied cabins by themselves? Seriously?
Why didn't the cops say no one was allowed to do that without law enforcement present?

This is just so wrong. :banghead:

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2013/02/christopher_jordan_dorner_big.php?page=2

In the 15 minutes he was home, police came to the door twice with guns drawn.
They were canvassing our neighborhood, combing it with a fine-toothed comb, except they were lost.
They had a map that had every street name wrong.

--------------------------------------

The next morning, I ran into my friend M, who has a house-cleaning business.
The majority of her roster is vacation rentals, and part of her job is opening cabins before guests arrive.

That morning, M had about 10 houses to open in my neighborhood.

She was going in unaccompanied, crossing yellow caution tape, and she was a nervous wreck.
By the time I saw her, she was in tears and shaking. Her nerves were shot.

----------------------------------------

By the time I made it to the command center, I realized I couldn't even get home because the city had not plowed my neighborhood.
How weird is that? They didn't even plow the SEARCH AREA.

MsFacetious

I noticed the things you did too. I thought no wonder they did not find him. However, did think the lack of plowing may have been so they could track footprints, but, if everyone was just doing whatever they wanted to do, there would be a lot of footprints. Lost with a mismarked map is what got me. Where did they get the map? Did they have any local that was familiar with the area help them in the woods?

I think he figured out which homes are vacant -- vacation/winter homes for instance -- and broke into them and are slumbering there, waiting for his next move. Then again, most peeps have housesitters or at least regular housekeepers to maintain their homes so I'm not sure. Hmm... Perhaps he figured out a way to be undetected while staying in homes with sporadic housekeeping staff.

We used to have a cabin in the Sierras (Northern Cali) and that area was mostly vacation homes, LOTS of people only went to their cabin on weekends, and often not every weekend. If the cabins weren't rented, and only used by their owners there was no maid service either, the power would be on, the cabins would have plenty of food, etc...

For someone on the lamb it would be pretty decent as long as a recent snowfall hid their tracks. Suffice to say the people that own those vacation cabins are NOT going up there if they think there is a maniac on the loose which would be yet another benefit for someone hiding out.

I personally doubt if he would stay there. He would not blend in if spotted that is for darn sure.

Dorner manhunt: Border security bolstered, airports alerted by TSA

U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents at the San Ysidro and Otay Mesa ports of entry continued to monitor all southbound lanes into Mexico, creating hours-long delays during peak crossing times. Agents were also stationed at all pedestrian crossings into Tijuana, said Angelica De Cima, a Customs spokesperson.

Mexican authorities have also bolstered security at the ports of entry and notified local, state and federal police to be on the lookout for Dorner, though there's no evidence he has slipped into their territory.

"They’re pretty sure he’s still in California somewhere," said Alfredo Arenas, chief international liaison officer for the Baja California state police. "They don’t think he had a chance to cross."

The Transportation Security Administration has also urged pilots and aircraft operators to be alert and watch for stolen planes or suspicious passengers.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/dorner-manhunt-border-tsa-airports.html

Paul Zellerbach, DA for the County of Riverside. Filed charges this morning against Christopher Dorner. Murder + 2 special circumstances charges. 3 additional counts have also been piled on. (For a total of four separate charges). Also obtained a no bail arrest warrant for his arrest.

Strength in numbers, need help of the public, eyes and ears in assisting Law Enforcement in apprehending this individual.

Reminds of the million dollar reward.

Won't go into specifics of evidence they have against Dorner.

Question about drones. LAPD does not have any drones, not aware of other agencies use of drones.

I guess it was the charges that they filed that are the 'big deal' and the reason for the press conference.

Chief Diaz of City of Riverside says there is no known connection between the Riverside Police and Dorner. They believe he was passing through.

2 Officers had started shift at 10PM Wednesday night. Information about Dorner had been distributed that night.

No hard information either way whether Dorner might still be on the mountain or not. In other words they just don't know.

Now there is some Police Officer answering questions who doesn't know anything.

DA explains that a no bail warrant for arrest allows for him to be arrested ANYWHERE. Even out of the country. It also calls for his return to SoCal upon arrest. Where he would be prosecuted first has not been determined.

Thats All Folks!!!

There are literally gazillions of people with cellphones. How would they know which cellphone pinging off a tower is his if he didn't register it under his real name? :waitasec:

the phone serial number is what is used to activate a phone - that is what is needed to track it.

names are used by service providers if you choose to set up an account with them.

LE sense of humor ( link )

That happened in a case here. The man was in the attic of a vacant house watching t.v. news. His family turned him in for the reward for Christmas money. He was only a couple of houses away from them.

I wonder--- did they at least buy him a present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand