Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search for ex-cop at center of LAPD revenge plot widens

snipped

Federal authorities, meanwhile, were asking anyone across the country with information about Dorner or his whereabouts to contact their local FBI or U.S. Marshals Service.

"Should any citizen have information, I encourage you to make that phone call," said Bill L. Lewis, the assistant director of the FBI's Los Angeles division.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/11/us/lapd-attacks/index.html

Cops with maps that have everything wrong?
Searching the same cabin within a 15 minute timeframe?
Hundreds of cops stumbling around the forest like an invading army?

No wonder they can't find this guy. Add in the fact that the cops are as jittery as can be and you have a recipe for disaster.

Rule #1 of unconventional warfare is that you DONT act conventional. If the cops want this guy they need to start thinking like him.

the phone serial number is what is used to activate a phone - that is what is needed to track it.

names are used by service providers if you choose to set up an account with them.

Pre-paid phones are sometimes used as "burners."

I'm not up-to-date on phone tech, but I'm wondering if the pre-paid smartphones can be used as an untraceable burner.

I'm thinking he is not using a phone for communicating, but for monitoring news reports. Seems to me that it would be difficult (if not impossible) for even the NSA to track someone who was not sending transmissions but was "tuning in."

I can't see him using a phone that could be tracked to him.

One thing that bugs the heck out of me is that the LAPD chief says it was not to appease the perp as they are now re-investigating his firing. To me, that is REWARDING this sociopath. Why not make a bargain with the perp that AFTER he surrenders, THEN they will investigate his firing? Why just make concessions without gaining anything in return? Makes zero sense.

Respectfully snipped.
It all has to do with the history of the LAPD. There are many in their community who were and are distrustful of LAPD, and in the past it was not unwarranted. LAPD has come along way since then so I've read, but this situation with Dorner can really set back some people's opinions of the LAPD so it is more about damage control than it is about Dorner.

The last thing the LAPD needs is people in the community supporting Dorner, and others taking up Dorner's cause. They've got one man who has declared war on them. They don't need others joining him in that war--the real worry for them. One false step by LAPD in the near future, especially in the area of perceived racism or any LEO shooting at innocents in CA could cause a firestorm. The situation is quite dicy. They've reopened Dorner's case to protect themselves, but I think they will decide his dismissal was correct and which most of us would agree with whole-heartedly. Still, it will not bode well in the minds of those who are convinced LAPD is still racist. That will only confirm it for them yet again. Then what? Riots? I hope not.

LAPD is caught between a rock and a hard place.

MsFacetious

I noticed the things you did too. I thought no wonder they did not find him. However, did think the lack of plowing may have been so they could track footprints, but, if everyone was just doing whatever they wanted to do, there would be a lot of footprints. Lost with a mismarked map is what got me. Where did they get the map? Did they have any local that was familiar with the area help them in the woods?

Im not sure they "really" wanted to find him...

No wonder they can't find this guy. Add in the fact that the cops are as jittery as can be and you have a recipe for disaster.

Rule #1 of unconventional warfare is that you DONT act conventional. If the cops want this guy they need to start thinking like him.
there were car-to-car conversations on the scanner where officers tried to find a location for 45 minutes. kept calling others to say where they were/ask where they were, kept making wrong turns. being familiar w/ the neighborhood I knew they were at most 2 minutes away from where they wanted to be ... if they'd known how to get there. not clear what maps they were using, if any, and they very obviously weren't equipped w/ a navigation device. which blew my mind

I agree!! I just don't understand their reasoning ....or their actions since this started...:(

I agree!! I just don't understand their reasoning ....or their actions since this started...:(

JMO, but I think their initial responses were reactive.

Definition of REACTIVE

: of, relating to, or marked by reaction or reactance
a : readily responsive to a stimulus
b : occurring as a result of stress or emotional upset <reactive depression>
&#8212; re·ac·tive·ly adverb
&#8212; re·ac·tive·ness noun
&#8212; re·ac·tiv·i·ty noun

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/reactive

I think they have settled down and are more contemplative and proactive than how they reacted in the beginning.

I understand what "reactive" means, thanks Lois. They haven't shot or shot at anyone for a while, so lets hope they have settled down. Shooting at innocent victims (if you hit them or not) is never a good sign. JMO

I understand what "reactive" means, thanks Lois. They haven't shot or shot at anyone for a while, so lets hope they have settled down. Shooting at innocent victims (if you hit them or not) is never a good sign. JMO

The definition was for anyone who might not know all of the definition.

As you say, let's hope things continue with no further shooting incidents by LE involving innocents.

Those actions are unacceptable.

the phone serial number is what is used to activate a phone - that is what is needed to track it.

names are used by service providers if you choose to set up an account with them.

The perp would have given a fake name to register the phone with said serial number, correct? Otherwise, LE would have caught the perp by now if he used the registered phone with the serial number.

The definition was for anyone who might not know all of the definition.

As you say, let's hope things continue with no further shooting incidents by LE involving innocents.

Those actions are unacceptable.

Thanks Lois-I thought it was just for me. Was gonna say-i might be young, but i am pretty smart (not countin triginometry) :floorlaugh:

I hope that they catch him soon, I can't imagine the stress level they are living with.

Social media support seen for ex-cop accused of killing spree

Christopher Dorner, the ex-cop accused of killing three people in a deadly revenge plot against the Los Angeles Police Department, has garnered support online from those sympathizing with his motives, CBS Sacramento reports.

The station reports one Facebook page has gone as far as proclaiming Dorner for President.

"We propose electing a man who could no longer sit idly by and watch as malicious tyrants abuse the innocent," the site says.

On another page entitled, "We are all Chris Dorner," someone posted, "Yes, this is war."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ort-seen-for-ex-cop-accused-of-killing-spree/

Respectfully snipped.
It all has to do with the history of the LAPD. There are many in their community who were and are distrustful of LAPD, and in the past it was not unwarranted. LAPD has come along way since then so I've read, but this situation with Dorner can really set back some people's opinions of the LAPD so it is more about damage control than it is about Dorner.

The last thing the LAPD needs is people in the community supporting Dorner, and others taking up Dorner's cause. They've got one man who has declared war on them. They don't need others joining him in that war--the real worry for them. One false step by LAPD in the near future, especially in the area of perceived racism or any LEO shooting at innocents in CA could cause a firestorm. The situation is quite dicy. They've reopened Dorner's case to protect themselves, but I think they will decide his dismissal was correct and which most of us would agree with whole-heartedly. Still, it will not bode well in the minds of those who are convinced LAPD is still racist. That will only confirm it for them yet again. Then what? Riots? I hope not.

LAPD is caught between a rock and a hard place.

Agree that the LAPD wants to resurrect its damaged image with the public. But to immediately concede to the perp by reinvestigating the allegedly wrongful dismissal at this point in time without requesting that the perp give himself up is putting the cart before the horse. The LAPD chief should have use the negotiation ploy to get the perp to surrender himself first.

Chief should have announced in the media, "Mr. Dorner, in good faith, we're willing to re-investigate your dismissal from the force but only if you show yourself and surrender to the police. We don't want anyone else hurt, especially not you. We believe you deserve to be heard and if it is found you were unjustly discharged, we will make necessary remedies." But that's not what the Chief did. He stated they were immediately re-investigating the Dorner case. That's surrendering to a murderer and criminal, letting the criminal have the upper hand. Not a good course of action in my book.

We used to have a cabin in the Sierras (Northern Cali) and that area was mostly vacation homes, LOTS of people only went to their cabin on weekends, and often not every weekend. If the cabins weren't rented, and only used by their owners there was no maid service either, the power would be on, the cabins would have plenty of food, etc...

For someone on the lamb it would be pretty decent as long as a recent snowfall hid their tracks. Suffice to say the people that own those vacation cabins are NOT going up there if they think there is a maniac on the loose which would be yet another benefit for someone hiding out.

I personally doubt if he would stay there. He would not blend in if spotted that is for darn sure.

As you say, most people with vacation homes there likely would not be hanging out there so pretty much this perp lucked out. He has all those homes to himself. So it's not likely he'd stand out if those homes are vacant at this stage in time.

Grrr. This domestic terrorist is holding Californians hostage and gaining fame and traction. SMH

Well the parts of the manifesto I read sure sound like he is trying to trigger another LA riot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!