CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what you're saying is that he may not have set up an account with his cell service provider and so there would be no reason for him to give his personal information to them (real or fake).I agree. I don't have an account set up with my service provider and I don't know many people that do.

You're completely missing the point.

1) When you want to use a cellphone that is not a prepaid phone, you have to select a service provider (AT&T, Verizon, etc.).

2) When you register your non-prepaid cellphone with the service provider -- which you are required to do in order to obtain cellular service for your cellphone and pay the provider for the usage of your phone -- you give a name and address as well as your Social Security Number. So I don't know why you say not many people set up accounts with service provider?

3) What I AM saying is that for Dorner who intended to use this phone during this criminal period, he likely gave a FALSE name/contact info/SSN so that the cellphone he uses will not be able to track the usage back to him.

That is what I'm saying and that is all I'm saying. QED :rocker:

BREAKING: One Federal agent tells @latimes that authorities no longer believe #Dorner fled to Mexico, but was best lead at Thurs filing.
Yeah, was wondering about that. Esp in light of the date and all that has transpired since that time.

@24K , 50+ rounds and there will be a better investigation ,with an independent team ,NOT LAPD , only when that happens ,the Public will want to Reconcile with LAPD's huge Flaws.that's why i keep getting e-mails from folks posting EBAY pics of bumper stickers saying " i'm NOT Dorner,Don't Shoot" . go to the internet it's everywhere.

I think it is a tough time to fault the LAPD while a wacko has declared war on them. Deflecting the balame to anyone other that Christopher Dorner doesn't fly. A little reckless sure, but to feel the need to overhaul an entire organization while they are under duress is counter productive to the task at hand. They should be more careful.

Well if they are wrong and he is actually in Mexico at least they won't have to waste time asking for an warrant.

I hope they catch this murdering lunatic wherever he is hiding -- Mexico, Tijuana, whatever. He needs to be brought to justice for his crimes against innocent people and holding cities hostage. I can't believe with all our advanced technology, they can't find this perp.

BREAKING: One Federal agent tells @latimes that authorities no longer believe #Dorner fled to Mexico, but was best lead at Thurs filing.

(This might be a dumb question but I am askin anyways)

If they used the fact they believed Dorner was in Mexico when they obtained the warrant-and now they don't think he is, do they have to refile the warrant?

I thought that USMs could go anywhere -to make an arrest...

I'm not a subject matter expert by any means, nor am I an attorney.

However, I don't believe they will have to refile the warrant.

BBM

Probable Cause.—The concept of "probable cause" is central to the meaning of the warrant clause. Neither the Fourth Amendment nor the federal statutory provisions relevant to the area define "probable cause;" the definition is entirely a judicial construct. An applicant for a warrant must present to the magistrate facts sufficient to enable the officer himself to make a determination of probable cause. "In determining what is probable cause . . . [w]e are concerned only with the question whether the affiant had reasonable grounds at the time of his affidavit . . .

http://law.justia.com/constitution/us/amendment-04/07-probable-cause.html

More at the link.

I do know that a warrant affidavit can contain erroneous information that an affiant believed in good faith to be true at the time.

See: YFZ Ranch

I think it is a tough time to fault the LAPD while a wacko has declared war on them. Deflecting the balame to anyone other that Christopher Dorner doesn't fly. A little reckless sure, but to feel the need to overhaul an entire organization while they are under duress is counter productive to the task at hand. They should be more careful.

I agree!

No one is supposed to be bashing LE here. We are supposed to stick to what is being reported by mainstream media regarding the search for this murderer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@24K , 50+ rounds and there will be a better investigation ,with an independent team ,NOT LAPD , only when that happens ,the Public will want to Reconcile with LAPD's huge Flaws.that's why i keep getting e-mails from folks posting EBAY pics of bumper stickers saying " i'm NOT Dorner,Don't Shoot" . go to the internet it's everywhere. http://weare1776.org/3221/featured-...g-unconstitutional-overreach-will-it-persist/

I agree that an independent investigation will have much more credibility. LAPD certainly is flawed- but they also do a lot of good for the community so it will be good all the way around to tease out the truth.

But everyone:
for discussion purposes at this time we are going to leave LAPD shootings out of the equation. There is an urgent situation at hand that is to be the main focus of this thread. Obviously the accidental shootings will be worthy of discussion in the future as this current situation is resolved. But for now it is only a distraction to discussion.
So as requested earlier- please leave intense analysis and discussion about the shootings for a later date and discussion.

Thanks all for your cooperation.

I have entertained a similar thought -- doing the old switcharoos with the cars and homes. But I don't think he's killing inhabitants as their murders and sudden disappearances in their neighborhoods would have been discovered over the course of 5-6 days now. I think he figured out which homes are vacant -- vacation/winter homes for instance -- and broke into them and are slumbering there, waiting for his next move. Then again, most peeps have housesitters or at least regular housekeepers to maintain their homes so I'm not sure. Hmm... Perhaps he figured out a way to be undetected while staying in homes with sporadic housekeeping staff.

Most likely though, he has a bunker or shed somewhere in a secluded area that he constructed just for his nefarious vindictive mission. He likely has a few vehicles which he exchanges every now and then to prevent easy identification.
Not all do. For many months, my father's property was unoccupied. There was some vandalism and someone used the driveway to change the oil in their car and left it a mess. I tried to convince him to turn it into a vacation rental, but he turned it into a permanent rental instead... I do agree with you in that I think he's still in Big Bear.

Im not sure they "really" wanted to find him...
Oh yeah they do! LE are very loyal to their own, and in addition to the 2 civilians he killed one LE and attemped to kill 2 others. I can guarantee they want his hide!!!

I Agree w/ J bean . Yes the LAPD do good .and i'm not bashing them . I said it would be a good time to reconcile the wrongs ,not of Dorner's dismissal , but other recent stuff . the shooting in anaheim .,the hog tieing of a 7 month pregnant woman, the killing of a man w/ gunshot in the back ,then claiming selfdefense , Kelly thomas,ETC. too many to list . I ,as a person who lives in this area feel protected by the LAPD , but i as a person who lives here and sees these stories, i would like to see a way to right the wrongs of LE in these matters. I believe the Black community is a possible "ally" to Dorner with a history in Los Angeles,CA. of getting no Justice from LAPD. My thoughts are this could be a time to HEAL and overcome these crimes and let the LAW work and arrest ALL involved. LAPD could be an example to other Police forces across the nation right now .these hard working folks need to feel like the community is working with them NOT scared of them . Over haul ,yeah too much , but a "STEP" a small step taken by LE ,Could lend them a REAL led on Dorner. right now ,they HAVE TO OFFER A MILLION DOLLARS,because they know the motivation won't come as quickly . Long gone are the days of "ask not what your country can do for you , ask what you can do for your country" that was spoken By JFK.

If he was able to leave Big Bear it would honestly be extremely easy for him to be hiding out in any one of the thousands of foreclosed homes in the surrounding area (which are very easy to spot.) He would park his car on a nearby street and come and go in the middle of the night without anyone noticing. No one would have a clue and, since they are foreclosed properties, no one has an interest in going inside or even checking that no one was living there.

Feels a bit warm in here. I rely on this thread to commiserate with other locals and catch up on news bits I missed out on while at work or chasing after my 3 year old. I would not be very happy if this got locked. Not at all!

Oh yeah they do! LE are very loyal to their own, and in addition to the 2 civilians he killed one LE and attemped to kill 2 others. I can guarantee they want his hide!!!

Did anyone hear the news state there were 3 wounded, and one dead, officer? I thought there were only 2 injured and one dead? I guess there were two injured in Corona?

The search now includes more patrols in the Big Bear Valley, where authorities are checking vacation homes and government-lease cabins in more remote areas, San Bernardino County sheriff's spokeswoman Jodi Miller said.

Miller said 30 additional law enforcement personnel are continuing to look for Dorner and provide additional patrols for the residents of the Big Bear Valley.

Read more: http://www.dailybulletin.com/breaki...itive-christopher-dorner-murder#ixzz2KewRFPAG

The search now includes more patrols in the Big Bear Valley, where authorities are checking vacation homes and government-lease cabins in more remote areas, San Bernardino County sheriff's spokeswoman Jodi Miller said.

Miller said 30 additional law enforcement personnel are continuing to look for Dorner and provide additional patrols for the residents of the Big Bear Valley.

Read more: http://www.dailybulletin.com/breaki...itive-christopher-dorner-murder#ixzz2KewRFPAG
That's interesting. To me that says they believe he's still in the Big Bear area, which is what I also think.
Previously we had reports that they had scaled back, leading posters to believe he'd fled the mountain and was in Mexico.

That's interesting. To me that says they believe he's still in the Big Bear area, which is what I also think.
Previously we had reports that they had scaled back, leading posters to believe he'd fled the mountain and was in Mexico.

At least we know they're still searching Big Bear. I just hope they find him before he can murder anyone else.

If he's still alive, I wonder if he's upset his entire manifesto didn't get published? The long version ends in the middle of a sentence. All this trouble and he didn't get all his rantings out to the world.

He "published" his manifesto himself by posting it on facebook.

Do you know the timeline? IIRC, he attempted to steal a boat at 3am on the 7th. His wallet & ID was found at the San Ysidro border crossing at 5am. Then his truck was found at what time on the 7th?

His known associate was under surveillance the entire time, so he didn't put the truck at Big Bear - so it must have been CD.

Do you remember what time his truck was found burnt out?

Re the ID, this report said it was found near the SD airport.
Murder suspect Christopher Dorner is wanted in connection with an attempted boat theft in San Diego. Police found clues of the suspect, including his photo identification and an LAPD badge, near the San Diego airport.
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Another-Car-Linked-to-Dorner-Discovered-in-San-Diego-County-190319011.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramsie101