Still Missing CA - Classic (Orson West, 3) & Cincere (Orrin West, 4) Calif. City, *parents charged* 21 Dec 2020 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Translation skill issues aside. The entire pressor was IMO, awkward and hard to watch. Beyond what was said about the Kern County DA and a possible change of venue, I'm still not sure what the purpose was?
Are the West's attys PD's? if provided by the gov., do they get more than one each? Do we know yet if they will be tried together?
I wonder how that works, if one of them starts side eyeing the other.

Are the West's attys PD's? if provided by the gov., do they get more than one each? Do we know yet if they will be tried together?
I wonder how that works, if one of them starts side eyeing the other.
Torres Stallings and Hennessy were appointed through the Kern County Indigent Defense Program to represent Jacqueline and Trezell West, respectively.
Defense attorneys for adoptive parents of Cal City boys call DA's comments 'misinformation' during press conference

I wondered too if they are going to be tried together?

But neighbor, Jorge Quelopana saw something during his daytime walk weeks before the boys were reported missing.

“I remember seeing a van. I believe they had a white van. They had backed it up against the door, completely! Like they were trying to seal the scene, so that nobody could see who was going out or going in.”

Quelopana said he's seen kids at or by the house before but never the missing West boys. He added that the news that the Wests are being charged with Orrin and Orson’s murder came as no surprise to him or other neighbors.

“How can two kids disappear in an hour and fifteen minutes? He (Trezell) says he came out and started combing the streets looking for the kids after forty minutes, forty-five minutes, when he realized they were not there? I mean forty minutes is nothing for a couple of kids. They should be hanging around.”
https://www.turnto23.com/news/local...to-jacqueline-and-trezell-west-murder-charges

Torres Stallings and Hennessy were appointed through the Kern County Indigent Defense Program to represent Jacqueline and Trezell West, respectively.
Defense attorneys for adoptive parents of Cal City boys call DA's comments 'misinformation' during press conference

I would think that they have to be together. Although, if they keep sticking to the "story" that the kids just left out of the yard...and disappeared?

I think that there must be a significant amount of evidence that LEO has not made public. A Grand Jury found it credible enough.

I still think that this will stall for years. Change attorneys, competency exams, on and on.

Thanks for posting that. Imo it's not the most professional of tactics to start out by criticizing the DA of passing out misinformation, trying a baby murder case because of re-election, etc, but we'll see.

If it were a much lesser offense where baby murders weren't charged, like an overly politicized DUI, the PD's could maybe sway the people of the county, including prospective jurors, by insinuating foul play to get sympathy for their clients.

Actually it makes me happy, because it strengthens public opinion re the Prosecution.

As I pointed out before, the reason the case is being tried in an election year is because the adoptive parents allegedly didn't report the children as being missing in a timely manner, to say the least.

IMO

I would think that they have to be together. Although, if they keep sticking to the "story" that the kids just left out of the yard...and disappeared?

I think that there must be a significant amount of evidence that LEO has not made public. A Grand Jury found it credible enough.

I still think that this will stall for years. Change attorneys, competency exams, on and on.
That is certainly a possibility, but my speculation is one will cut a deal with the DA and rat out the other.

amateur opinion and speculation

That is certainly a possibility, but my speculation is one will cut a deal with the DA and rat out the other.

Well according to that article they've got 4 PDs, including the associate ones, so that means that 6 people will have to stick to a script, and 2 of those people will have their fingers in the air monitoring any favoritism of the other. Fat chance this huge team sticks together. The attys will also want favorable treatment for their own "client", and will be sticking out elbows.

Except for another set of little kids that didn't get to grow up, I'd say ha ha and get the popcorn ready.

Well according to that article they've got 4 PDs, including the associate ones, so that means that 6 people will have to stick to a script, and 2 of those people will have their fingers in the air monitoring any favoritism of the other. Fat chance this huge team sticks together. The attys will also want favorable treatment for their own "client", and will be sticking out elbows.

Except for another set of kids that didn't get to grow up, I'd say ha ha and get the popcorn ready.
My guess is JW will make DV claims, say she was forced to participate/remain silent. Only after being arrested and separated from TW, did she find the courage to tell the truth. Guess it depends on what type of evidence and testimony the DA has, most importantly from the other kids in the home. We'll have to wait and see ...

My guess is JW will make DV claims, say she was forced to participate/remain silent. Only after being arrested and separated from TW, did she find the courage to tell the truth. Guess it depends on what type of evidence and testimony the DA has, most importantly from the other kids in the home. We'll have to wait and see ...
I'd go along with that. I re-watched their interview recently, he was definitely in charge. The interview with the "hands" is the way I remember it. FWIW

I'd go along with that. I re-watched their interview recently, he was definitely in charge. The interview with the "hands" is the way I remember it. FWIW
However, if you go back and watch that first interview after the children went missing (where Bayan was interviewing them), JW def. seemed like the puppet master to me.

Amateur opinion and speculation

However, if you go back and watch that first interview after the children went missing (where Bayan was interviewing them), JW def. seemed like the puppet master to me.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Is there more than one interview? I thought it was a pool of reporters and didn't realize it was Bayan specifically who interviewed them? Maybe I need to go back and listen again.

Is there more than one interview? I thought it was a pool of reporters and didn't realize it was Bayan specifically who interviewed them? Maybe I need to go back and listen again.
I believe Bayan was asking the tougher questions until the bio mom (understandably) derailed the line of questioning with her accusations toward them. That Mom’s heart knew along…

Sorry but I guess I see the interview (in and of itself) very different. I can’t get the image of JW throwing her hand up (talk to the hand) at the bio family and blaming them for not coming out and talking and blaming the police for them not going out and searching. Both TW and JW are vile it’s just
I feel like we got to see JWs nastiness in that interview. The bio mom even said that TW was being apologetic (guilty conscience I imagine) and JW seemed annoyed she showed up asking about her babies. To me JW just seems cold and without remorse what so ever.

Sorry but I guess I see the interview (in and of itself) very different. I can’t get the image of JW throwing her hand up (talk to the hand) at the bio family and blaming them for not coming out and talking and blaming the police for them not going out and searching. Both TW and JW are vile it’s just
I feel like we got to see JWs nastiness in that interview. The bio mom even said that TW was being apologetic (guilty conscience I imagine) and JW seemed annoyed she showed up asking about her babies. To me JW just seems cold and without remorse what so ever.
I will have to watch the interview again….if I can stomach it.

I believe Bayan was asking the tougher questions until the bio mom (understandably) derailed the line of questioning with her accusations toward them. That Mom’s heart knew along…

That was the aunt who first spoke up and asked them questions. There was actually a man who spoke before her and said he would never leave his kids unattended like that. Then the aunt said she had 9 kids and started asking them questions. I remember her saying, you were supposed to take care of my nephews ! It was heartbreaking to me - the genuine emotion on display. Later you could hear wailing and I think that was the birth mom.

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KGET) — A defense motion was granted Wednesday ordering prosecutors to turn over information gathered in the case against accused child killers Trezell and Jacqueline West but redact material that would violate medical privacy laws.

Prosecutor Bryant Estep acknowledged defense lawyers Timothy Hennessy and Alekxia Torres Stallings were entitled to the discovery and said it will be provided.

https://www.kget.com/missing-cal-ci...s9JGwoAyaDjysnG55m3YN_OHPx7oLZW8UiKALU2cqsAlY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicolelynn92