CA CA - Coleen Harris, 25, from OH, went to Sacramento to see man she met online, his name & add were false, seen getting off plane, 15 Nov 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did Coleen share with her family the man’s name and address? Has LE been able to access all of her electronic devices?
@Teche Very good questions.

Not sure if this was asked earlier in the thread, but how did Coleen's family/friends find out about this man she went to meet? Did they know in advance that she planned to fly to CA and meet him? Why do they believe he may have been 'Mexican'? Did someone in her family see a photo of this man?

There are still several key pieces of information that are missing.

No one, yet.
The possibility was raised as she was meeting a man online, but this does not mean it was romantic.
It could be that some people just want friends and might be naive ?
Omo.
From her Facebook page, she and her husband were engaged over a year before marrying April 2022 to June 2023. Also, this meeting online friends might be her hobby way of traveling. From a small town, hop a plane to a new destination and have a tour guide lined up. Just a hobby.

Something that crossed my mind is maybe she got lured with a promise of $$$. If she was in need of money for a trip to Scotland or was wanting to sponsor her husband over she may have been financially vulnerable.

Airports are full of cameras. I haven’t seen any info about her being caught on camera once she got off the plane. Did she get a cab and leave the airport alone? I would think the person she was meeting would’ve maybe been picking her up at the airport??
Because of cameras everywhere, I'd think he would more likely NOT meet her at the airport. Probably have an excuse, depending on when the flight landed, and she was to take a taxi to a restaurant or hotel or somewhere. After a few minutes thought, I have considered that she perhaps thought she would be staying with her new friend and perhaps his family. So, she was to take the taxi to an address he provided, thinking that was where she would be staying. However, he would have checked to be sure it was free of cameras. Once she arrived at the fake location, the scenario I see is him meting her with a song and dance about he'd planned this or this and they hopped into his vehicle and took off . . . . Best guess, he was not in sight when the taxi dropped her at her "destination".

Last edited:
Because of cameras everywhere, I'd think he would more likely NOT meet her at the airport. Probably have an excuse, depending on when the flight landed, and she was to take a taxi to a restaurant or hotel or somewhere. After a few minutes thought, I have considered that she perhaps thought she would be staying with her new friend and perhaps his family. So, she was to take the taxi to an address he provided, thinking that was where she would be staying. However, he would have checked to be sure it was free of cameras. Once she arrived at the fake location, the scenario I see is him meting her with a song and dance about he'd planned this or this and they hopped into his vehicle and took off . . . . Best guess, he was not in sight when the taxi dropped her at her "destination".
He could have sent a "driver' for her. By "driver" I mean himself or one of his friends.

Since all major airports are heavily monitored by video cameras it should be possible to determine at least some of these facts. It seems logical LE has this information but I haven't seen MSM reports discussing these questions. If this "Mexican" man met Coleen at the airport then there should be video of them together. If Coleen left alone in a cab, the same should be true. In addition, if she did get in a cab, it should be possible to determine the identity of the cab driver and the location where Coleen left the cab.

I'd also like more information regarding the 'bad address' mentioned in this thread. By 'bad address' does that mean the address didn't exist or does that mean the address was a commercial building of some kind rather than a residence?
Bolding mine.
All of the above, esp. the bolded !

Here's a thought concerning the bad address.

The bad address also could have been a vacant building or lot, or is in a very bad area of town.
This was also one of my first thoughts and I agree with that thinking. But after some thought, if CH had been doing this for awhile, don't you think she might have checked addresses and other locations on Google Maps before agreeing to meet there? Any appointment I have I always check for a visual before leaving home.

Why had no one reported her missing for several weeks though? I don’t know if I can say here, but her husband alluded to not saying anything publicly at the request of her family. But why? Why wouldn’t you be screaming loudly if your loved one was missing? Why keep it quiet? Shame? Trying to protect her? Fear? Just seems very odd.

I may have missed this earlier in the thread, but who originally indicated the address was 'bad'? Was it Coleen's family, LE, a cab driver? If someone reported the destination address was invalid, or in a rough area, etc. then logically someone knew where Coleen planned to go after arriving in Sacramento.

I may have missed this earlier in the thread, but who originally indicated the address was 'bad'? Was it Coleen's family, LE, a cab driver? If someone reported the destination address was invalid, or in a rough area, etc. then logically someone knew where Coleen planned to go after arriving in Sacramento.
I believe it was LE according to articles ?

Martins Ferry Police tell 7News they have called in the FBI because this is an interstate case.

They confirm that Harris flew to Sacramento, and they say they’ve been in contact with police there who followed up a lead with an address where she may have gone, but it was “not a good address.”

This was also one of my first thoughts and I agree with that thinking. But after some thought, if CH had been doing this for awhile, don't you think she might have checked addresses and other locations on Google Maps before agreeing to meet there? Any appointment I have I always check for a visual before leaving home.
That's a very good thought here. Unless she was a very trusting person, you would think Coleen would have used Google Maps and also Streetview to get an idea of the address she was traveling to if she had made previous trips before to meet people.

Anytime I have to go someplace that I never been to before, I use Google Maps and Streetview to get a good visual of a location that I'm going to.

I'm wondering if Coleen actually went to another address after she arrived in Sacramento rather than the bad address that she said she was going to.

That's a very good thought here. Unless she was a very trusting person, you would think Coleen would have used Google Maps and also Streetview to get an idea of the address she was traveling to if she had made previous trips before to meet people.
Could it be that maybe she did and it was a nice house but not in anyway related to the person she was meeting? It could have just been a random address they gave her and whomever picked her up took her elsewhere.

Could it be that maybe she did and it was a nice house but not in anyway related to the person she was meeting? It could have just been a random address they gave her and whomever picked her up took her elsewhere.
It very well may be possible that Coleen was taken to another location rather than to the location where she thought she was going to.

I fear that Coleen thought she was meeting a nice person when she may have met someone that wanted to harm her.

There is only the one article on the case, nothing in Sacramento media. I found one update on Facebook Missing People of Sacramento under Coleen Adam, I think her married name. It gives the address of the last time her phone pinged, looks like a large apt complex. It also mentions she has an unclaimed paycheck waiting for her and birthday money (her bd was in early Dec) in a cash app.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back