CA CA - Daphne Webb, 21 mos, Oakland, 10 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I go into gas stations all the time and only get myself a drink.
My kids only drink water 90% of the time, so I never get them a drink there.
However, I would not say I was going to get them a drink... because I never do.
So, not getting Daphne a drink is not weird... saying he was going to and then not, is the weird part.

Oh I agree with you. I was going off og him saying he was getting her a root beer. That was what seemed so very hinky.

Hopefully she is with him, wherever he may be.

It's possible she was quietly put into adult foster care or placed with another relative if LE had concerns about her vulnerability

The new website (as opposed to the Facebook site) is www.findbabydaphnew.com and only has pictures from when Daphne was vey little. While I agree that they are adorable pictures of the sweet baby, it may also be helpful to have more recent pictures with her natural hair. She is 21 months now and is walking. Doesn't make sense to me. I'd also have the latest pictures of the dad and even the grandmother & SUV that they were in. JMO

The new website (as opposed to the Facebook site) is www.findbabydaphnew.com and only has pictures from when Daphne was vey little. While I agree that they are adorable pictures of the sweet baby, it may also be helpful to have more recent pictures with her natural hair. She is 21 months now and is walking. Doesn't make sense to me. I'd also have the latest pictures of the dad and even the grandmother & SUV that they were in. JMO

Putting the pieces together, I am thinking that Mom may not have real recent pictures of Daphne (and at that age they change by the month if not week still). She hasn't been around for awhile. It is her side of the family that is spearheading all of the media, FB, and website stuff. Dad is clearly not a part of this process with that side of the family and if anyone had recent pix of her, it would be him.

I go into gas stations all the time and only get myself a drink.
My kids only drink water 90% of the time, so I never get them a drink there.
However, I would not say I was going to get them a drink... because I never do.
So, not getting Daphne a drink is not weird... saying he was going to and then not, is the weird part.

Right I do the exact same. Living in the south where it gets so hot in the summer most parents I know with small children keep small water bottles with them at all times. (Plus I have nightmares of my car being flooded with juice. A boy and a girl about to turn 4) As you said saying he was going to though, and then not, that's beyond weird.

Right I do the exact same. Living in the south where it gets so hot in the summer most parents I know with small children keep small water bottles with them at all times. (Plus I have nightmares of my car being flooded with juice. A boy and a girl about to turn 4) As you said saying he was going to though, and then not, that's beyond weird.

We have extra clothes, food and water with us all the time.
But we are a bit neurotic about being prepared for anything... I teach my kids to be prepared. :seeya:

I had to remind them that this weekend when we go camping... we do not need to fear running out of food.
We will have 35 other family members around who all eat more than we do.
We also don't need to fear getting stranded, again all the other family members.

But when the kids and I head out alone to drive 2 hours... we are prepared to survive the week if needed.
"I Shouldn't Be Alive".... maybe I watched that too much. :blushing:

I just checked my phone. I have 500 photos of my 4 grandkids in the last 6 months. Providing a recent photo would not be difficult.

I just checked my phone. I have 500 photos of my 4 grandkids in the last 6 months. Providing a recent photo would not be difficult.

I would, because A. Im awful about taking pictures and B. I have a dumb phone, so I don't use that either very much.

Wonder if dad is at all suicidal, if he feels guilty about anything.....or just running.

Is Mom still in a therapeutic environment? If she is a recovering drug addict this would be an incredibly stressful time.

Wonder if dad is at all suicidal, if he feels guilty about anything.....or just running.

Is Mom still in a therapeutic environment? If she is a recovering drug addict this would be an incredibly stressful time.

This was my first thought too. I would imagine LE is keeping tabs on him, but I would feel better if we knew there was a welfare check on his mother.

:bump: Up you go, darlin' baby girl.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Daphne-Webbs-Mom-and-Dad-Speak-at-Vigil-216025771.html

"Oakland police want to know when was the last time anyone else saw the girl alive. Nobody, other than the father, reports seeing her since June 27. That's 12 days before she was reported missing to police.

Webb says there’s an explanation. “I talked to the mother on the phone and she heard the girl in the background. Even before any of this happened, I was a home body-I never went nowhere,” he said."

I have no idea what I think happened in this case, so don't read into this observation:

It's kind of odd and impersonal how he says "the mother" and "the girl" (BBM above), IMO.

DAPHNE WEBB
DOB: Oct 10, 2011
Missing: Jul 10, 2013
Height: 2'0" (61cm)
Eyes: Brown
Race: Black
Age Now: 1
Sex: Female
Weight: 30lbs (14kg)
Hair: Brown
Missing From:
OAKLAND
CA
United States

Daphne was last seen on July 10, 2013. She was last seen wearing orange pajamas and pink socks.

NCMC1219197c1.jpg

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1219197&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

Sweet Daphne, I pray you are safe and loved, and that you are found soon.

I had a paper to write for school and had to force myself to stay away until today. I was hoping she would have been found by now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back