CA - David Douglas for kidnapping 7yo girl, Antioch, 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Katie Nelson ‏@katienelson210 1h
UPDATE: Per @garyscribe, N. C. was at hospital until 6 am Sat. but checked out "ok" @ecountytimes

Katie Nelson ‏@katienelson210 2h
TO ADD: David Douglas, susp. in #Antioch kidnapping, faces charges of kidnapping while att. a robbery and/or rape, per jail recs. @CCTimes

Damn!

https://twitter.com/katienelson210

Katie Nelson ‏@katienelson210 1h
UPDATE: Per @garyscribe, N. C. was at hospital until 6 am Sat. but checked out "ok" @ecountytimes

Katie Nelson ‏@katienelson210 2h
TO ADD: David Douglas, susp. in #Antioch kidnapping, faces charges of kidnapping while att. a robbery and/or rape, per jail recs. @CCTimes

Damn!

https://twitter.com/katienelson210

Oh no! You are in my prayers sweet little one. If someone can find the actual charges (I have no idea how to do that type of search), can a Mod remove NC's name from the thread????

So glad she's not only alive but apparently unharmed!!

Katydid I too shuddered when I heard marina. There are lots of them out that way, but having been there at night before (FIL docks his boat at a marina not far from there), it can be very quiet and dark. And not surprising to hear a splash and ignore it either, if there are a few people around... stuff falls off of docks and boats. Anyway not to dwell on the negative because THANK GOODNESS she is ok! I'm glad it's been so warm here the last few days because I bet the marina was much busier than usual for early January.

BBM

That was my first thought. I wondered if he planned to throw her in the water before he left. Or if he had known of an empty boat to hide in.

What a happy ending for a change.

Oh no! You are in my prayers sweet little one. If someone can find the actual charges (I have no idea how to do that type of search), can a Mod remove NC's name from the thread????

I mentioned it to SheWho and think it will be removed soon, I hope.

I'm not finding records easily available in this area. Not even bookings. The reporters must be going directly to the court house to find out info. I'll keep checking though.

He's at Costa Contra Sheriff's office per CA Vinelink. CC's record search gives an email address to contact for records.

http://ca-contracostacounty.civicplus.com/index.aspx?NID=167

Vinelink CA

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/s...0&countycommitagencies=-1&methodToCall=search

I mentioned it to SheWho and think it will be removed soon, I hope.

I'm not finding records easily available in this area. Not even bookings. The reporters must be going directly to the court house to find out info. I'll keep checking though.

He's at Costa Contra Sheriff's office per CA Vinelink. CC's record search gives an email address to contact for records.

http://ca-contracostacounty.civicplus.com/index.aspx?NID=167

Vinelink CA

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/s...0&countycommitagencies=-1&methodToCall=search

Thanks for your help Dr. Know!

She was found safe at about 11pm in his car.

David Allan Douglas was arrested, using information from the Walmart security video and information from the mother.

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Antioch-kidnap-suspect-linked-to-earlier-attempts-5114250.php

A person posted a comment that there is a person with the same name who was arrested in Idaho in 2005 for failing to register as a sex offender. He has the same age as this perp. It makes me furious to think this armed pedophile may have been out in the general public preying on kids, evidently for at more than 8 years. FURIOUS.

I really believe that pedophiles need to be executed. They cannot be cured and should never be allowed to slither silently around us and our children.

She was found safe at about 11pm in his car.

David Allan Douglas was arrested, using information from the Walmart security video and information from the mother.

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Antioch-kidnap-suspect-linked-to-earlier-attempts-5114250.php

A person posted a comment that there is a person with the same name who was arrested in Idaho in 2005 for failing to register as a sex offender. He has the same age as this perp. It makes me furious to think this armed pedophile may have been out in the general public preying on kids, evidently for at more than 8 years. FURIOUS.

I really believe that pedophiles need to be executed. They cannot be cured and should never be allowed to slither silently around us and our children.

That's a totally different person that is registered as a SO. I fell for it last night but it's not this guy arrested. Both have the same names. It's been stated many times in the media since last night that this guy was not an RSO. He will be soon though. Now he's just an "alledge" RSO. gah

I agree with you on pedo's, get them out of here!

I checked with SheWho and she said as long as I'm 100% sure this is David Allen Douglas' facebook page I could post it. Here it is. Sad he has a young child. I'll withhold my opinion for later.

https://www.facebook.com/Xcelerate99

Looking at his facebook, he's a former marine. Photo has him at 29 palms somewhere around late 2000 - early 2001 (if I believe his posting info.)

He's wearing lance corporal stripes, most likely was at San Diego boot camp and Camp Pendleton advanced infantry in early 2000ish.

Just extrapolating from photo's and postings, no verification.

The Amber Alert came on our television as an emergency alert interrupting programming and also here in CA we get cell phone text alerts. Maybe that's why so many people were OTLO for the car.

Anyway, glad to her she was found alive. So many of these stories end much differently. I would hate to be the PD who has to defend this guy.

Oh my gosh, I love you Leshay! She really is a hero. No doubt she saved that girl's life.

What's strange to me is how this guy just comes out all of sudden guns a blazin'. It seems as if he just woke up and decided to pack heat and start snatching kids and following people home from Walmart. It's not like he was sneaky about it or anything. So terrifying.

By the lack of smiling women/teens on his fb in pictures & his most applauds coming from his father or himself really is a red flag to me. Did he pick the worst pics of females? You can only slap yourself on the back so many times before your elbow hurts badly. Was he over doing it because of his son? Boy I wish records were available. jmo

According to his Facebook he is from my hometown of Fremont :/ I wonder how long this behavior has gone on undetected? Scary!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

Oh my gosh, I love you Leshay! She really is a hero. No doubt she saved that girl's life.

What's strange to me is how this guy just comes out all of sudden guns a blazin'. It seems as if he just woke up and decided to pack heat and start snatching kids and following people home from Walmart. It's not like he was sneaky about it or anything. So terrifying.

Absolutely terrifying! I'm saddened to hear that "unharmed" may have been wrong too (sounds like it was, actually). So thankful she's alive though.

So many questions, but one of many that comes to my mind is where was his child while he was out doing all this at least two days in a row? From his FB page it looks like he's the boy's primary caregiver, though granted FB can be deceptive. Also looks like he had two jobs, although at least one of the two (selling knives in peoples homes) would be pretty unsupervised. Was he noticed missing?

Another thought, he wasn't that careful if he was caught on the surveillance cameras over two days. I wonder if he's been seen on other cameras in that area, or other days? Ugh.. like I said so many questions.

Absolutely terrifying! I'm saddened to hear that "unharmed" may have been wrong too (sounds like it was, actually). So thankful she's alive though.

So many questions, but one of many that comes to my mind is where was his child while he was out doing all this at least two days in a row? From his FB page it looks like he's the boy's primary caregiver, though granted FB can be deceptive. Also looks like he had two jobs, although at least one of the two (selling knives in peoples homes) would be pretty unsupervised. Was he noticed missing?

Another thought, he wasn't that careful if he was caught on the surveillance cameras over two days. I wonder if he's been seen on other cameras in that area, or other days? Ugh.. like I said so many questions.

BBM :eek: WHAT? I've never heard of a door to door knife salesman! What happened to vacuum cleaners? What was his other job, I'm afraid to ask.

Oh no, I didn't realize she was hurt, poor baby. Again, no doubt LeShay saved that girl's life.

BBM :eek: WHAT? I've never heard of a door to door knife salesman! What happened to vacuum cleaners? What was his other job, I'm afraid to ask.

Oh no, I didn't realize she was hurt, poor baby. Again, no doubt LeShay saved that girl's life.

Cutco knives through Vector Marketing was the one that freaked me out. I don't know if they do door-to-door but they definitely do aggressive "family and friends" marketing. We've gotten hit up a couple of times by friends' college aged kids who were "just trying to practice the presentation" and it turned out to be more like "aggressive sales pitch." It's similar to the vacuum sales pitches, just scheduled in advance... and of course the nature of the product freaked me out. (ETA: oh and the fact that they have a full stock of samples to show you/bring to their presentations)

Other job listed on FB was some kind of financial advisor that sounded pretty normal.

Yes, I have no doubt LeShay saved her life. Maybe even saved her from more harm. I hope.

Gosh, I'd never let a knife salesman into my house. Although, I wouldn't let ANY kind of door to door salesman into my house. Scary, especially in light of what he's accused of now.

So glad to hear this precious baby is home with her family. I have no doubt she will be surrounded by all the love and support she needs to help her cope with this frightening ordeal.

ETA: And thank GOODNESS for La Shey (not sure how to spell her name). What an angel.

Gosh, I'd never let a knife salesman into my house. Although, I wouldn't let ANY kind of door to door salesman into my house. Scary, especially in light of what he's accused of now.<snipped for space>

I know... no idea if this had anything to do with his crime or if he's just your generic Walmart child-stalker (is it just me, or does that seem like an awfully major stalker hangout lately?), but it is scary.

Related to letting salesmen (knives or otherwise) into your house - I'd never let one I didn't know in, but when it's your friend's kid you've known since they were in elementary school, you've always known them to be a "good kid," and they're now in their late teens or 20s and "just want practice on future presentations" it's way harder to say no. It feels pretty harmless, although I've gotten a whole lot better at the whole "NO!" thing as I've gotten older.

I have absolutely no idea if this is related to this abduction, but it sure made me shudder when I saw this on his FB page as this man's recent new second occupation.

By the lack of smiling women/teens on his fb in pictures & his most applauds coming from his father or himself really is a red flag to me. Did he pick the worst pics of females? You can only slap yourself on the back so many times before your elbow hurts badly. Was he over doing it because of his son? Boy I wish records were available. jmo

yes,he definetely seems to have delusions of grandeur.Interesting what Wiki has to say about that Grandiose delusions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Also his father seems the same way.I wonder if he was raised by his father? And now seems to be a single father himself? Where are the mothers? He does have some posts about forgiveness,being hurt from the inside etc....as if he has gone through something major in the past and his dad is cheering him on.Little drawings become great masterpieces of art in his and his father's mind etc....The one with the crying soldier and the angel watching over him is interesting.He seems to see himself as a wounded warrior and some sort of supernatural hero.He checked into a hotel room to talk to god for a whole night? Maybe this isn't a case of the usual abduction by pedophiles? Not only because I hope she wasn't harmed in that way but this perp just doesn't seem to fit that description.Did he try to save these girls from some percieved wrong that was being done to them in his mind? Like someone said he just came out all of a sudden without even trying to hide and be discreet and just took this girl and tried to take another one a day before?
One thing seems aparent in his facebook: that he adores his son just like his father adores him and the grandchild.
Oh and he seemed to be out of a job for 2 years so there are definetely some struggles going on in his past.....

That's a totally different person that is registered as a SO. I fell for it last night but it's not this guy arrested. Both have the same names. It's been stated many times in the media since last night that this guy was not an RSO. He will be soon though. Now he's just an "alledge" RSO. gah

I agree with you on pedo's, get them out of here!

This guy doesn't have a record as a sex offender because he has never been turned in and successfully convicted. MOO 43 year old men don't suddenly become pedofiles but a whole heck of a lot of worthless perverts rape and assault babies and children for decades and never go to prison for what they really did. If they get arrested at all it gets plead down to nothing.

Perverts are free to ruin childrens lives because relatives and friends let them do it. Every time a person fails to immediately report improper contact to police they give that pervert permission to move on to the next of many victims. MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmann420
Back