CA - Dean Swartzmiller & Frederick Everts for child molestation, San Jose, 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I really do hope there is something that will help. If a simple operation will do it, I am sure the taxpayers won't mind paying for it.

I'll try to locate the link again so you can read for yourself.

From the article above:

By that time, Ann had separated from her husband. But a few months after an operation to remove the tumor they reconciled.
I understand that he was "cured" after the removal of the tumor, but who could stay with a man after he had done that to her daughter? No matter what the excuse?

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- A man who may be one of the nation's most prolific child molesters is set to go to trial Monday, more than a year after police found journals in his home believed to detail the abuse of hundreds of young boys.

Dean Schwartzmiller is accused of abusing two 12-year-old cousins and is charged with multiple counts of child molestation and child *advertiser censored* in connection with the boys, whom he befriended in December 2002.

If convicted, he faces life in prison.

Schwartzmiller, 64, has pleaded not guilty and intends to defend himself when his trial begins in a Santa Clara County courtroom. He recently dismissed his public defender.

http://hosted.ap.org/icons/spacer.gif

When Schwartzmiller was arrested in May 2005, San Jose police found notebooks containing 36,700 entries, with codes for each boy's anatomy and personality. It's unclear how many actual victims are represented - many of the line items are duplications, and police believe some may describe his fantasies. Nonetheless, police believe Schwartzmiller's victims number in the hundreds.

Police said he was also crafting a lengthy memoir about his sexual exploits with boys.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/S/SERIAL_MOLESTER?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

Beyond Belief said:
...Schwartzmiller, 64, has pleaded not guilty and intends to defend himself when his trial begins...
Though I know it's a given that he has a right to defend himself, I don't think he's entitled to it...nor a life.

Beyond Belief said:
...Police said he was also crafting a lengthy memoir about his sexual exploits with boys...
Nor should he be entitled to pen & paper...If he'd done this to "my" child it would be me on trial.

Thanks for the update.

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A man who may be one of the nation's most prolific child molesters is set to go to trial Monday, more than a year after police found journals in his home believed to detail the abuse of hundreds of young boys.

Dean Schwartzmiller is accused of abusing two 12-year-old cousins and is charged with multiple counts of child molestation and child *advertiser censored* in connection with the boys, whom he befriended in December 2002.

more:

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/ap/0806/2802_prolific_child_molester_trial.html

Jeana (DP) said:
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A man who may be one of the nation's most prolific child molesters is set to go to trial Monday, more than a year after police found journals in his home believed to detail the abuse of hundreds of young boys.

more:

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/ap/0806/2802_prolific_child_molester_trial.html
He's defending himself again. He has done well defending himself before, and gotten a few cases thrown out. The trial has been going on for a few days now. He's accusing the D.A of intimidating the poor illegal immigrant family to force their two 12 year old sons to testify against him.

Thanks for the info Buzz. Unfortunately, these pedophiles are not stupid. We'll have to keep an eye on this trial.

Opening arguments to begin in Schwartzmiller molestation case

The trial of Dean Schwartzmiller -- convicted pedophile and jailhouse lawyer extraordinaire -- began today in Superior Court in San Jose, with the man reputed to America's most prolific child molester acting as his own attorney in a case that could send him to prison for more than 150 years.

Schwartzmiller faces 11 felony counts and one misdemeanor count of molesting two 12-year-old cousins, both boys who live in South San Jose. He has pleaded not guilty.

A seven-woman and five-man jury was selected out of 109 possible jurors this morning. Opening arguments are expected to begin this afternoon.

Police arrested Schwartzmiller in May 2005 when a parent of one of the alleged victims discovered a CD-ROM that contained child *advertiser censored* and gave the disk to officers. Schwartzmiller, 64, is accused of giving that disk to the boy.

Police went to Schwartzmiller's residence, where he lived with another convicted child molester, Frederick Everts, and served a search warrant. Inside, officers found notebooks that contained 36,000 entries, believed to be a record of Schwartzmiller's activities. Police wonder if the notebooks, which contain cryptic notations, might be logs of how Schwartzmiller abused children or his attempts.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/15382286.htm?source=rss

Buzzm1 said:
He's defending himself again. He has done well defending himself before, and gotten a few cases thrown out. The trial has been going on for a few days now. He's accusing the D.A of intimidating the poor illegal immigrant family to force their two 12 year old sons to testify against him.
Actually, he hasn't defended himself before--just written appeals. Its a whole different ball game. His attempts at embarassing and trying to extract explicit sexual details from his victims on the stand--basically tormenting and re-victimizing them--is going over like a lead balloon with the largely female jury. He's going down and he's going down hard.

S.J. boy testifies to being molested
PEDOPHILE WAS LIKE A GRANDFATHER, HE SAYS

With his mother seated by his side, a 13-year-old boy testified that Dean Schwartzmiller cornered him alone in a South San Jose bedroom and then fondled and performed a sexual act on him.

``I was just moving and telling him to stop and he just wouldn't,'' the youth told Santa Clara County Deputy District Attorney Steve Fein.

Did you yell or scream? Fein asked.

``No,'' the boy said.

``Can I ask you why not?'' Fein said.

``I just didn't know what was going through my head. I don't know.''

``How do you feel about talking about this?'' the prosecutor asked.

``Nervous.''

The boy, wearing an oversize polo shirt and baggy black jeans, appeared on the third day of Schwartzmiller's trial, which is expected to last three or more weeks. Schwartzmiller, arrested in May 2005 by San Jose police, is accused of molesting two youths, both cousins, who are the same age.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/merc...s/schwartzmiller_case/15405206.htm?source=rss

Major events from Schwartzmiller's reported criminal history of child sexual abuse

_ 1970: Published reports indicate Schwartzmiller was in Kentucky, and traveled to Alaska, taking two boys with him. Neither the Kentucky Department of Corrections nor Probation and Parole have any record of Schwartzmiller.

_ Feb 12, 1970: Schwartzmiller was convicted in Juneau, Alaska, of three counts of lewd and lascivious conduct with three teenage boys. He was sentenced to two years' probation.

_ Sept. 30, 1972: Schwartzmiller was indicted in Alaska for allegedly molesting one of the boys he brought with him from Kentucky. He was charged with mutual masturbation and having anal intercourse with a 14-year-old boy. He apparently fled before he could be tried.

_ March 14, 1974: Police in Mountain Home, Idaho, arrested Schwartzmiller for molesting two 13-year-old boys. He made bail and fled to Brazil.

_ 1975: Interpol picked up Schwartzmiller in Brazil and extradited him to New York, where he was in jail for nine months. He was later sent back to Idaho on pending charges.

_ June, 1976: Schwartzmiller was convicted in Idaho of lewd and lascivious conduct with a minor under 16 and sentenced to a maximum of eight years. His lawyers appealed the case to the Idaho Supreme Court.

_ March 10, 1978: The Idaho Supreme Court reversed the conviction. The case was remanded for a new trial, and the defense lawyer talked the prosecutor out of a second trial. Because he was being prosecuted in Idaho, Alaska dropped its charges against him. Schwartzmiller was released.

_ May 1979: Idaho police issued an arrest warrant after two 14-year-old boys said he molested them.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/08/27/state/n084519D86.DTL&feed=rss.news

He won't ever see the streets again. He should have been put away, one way, or another, a long time ago. He has molested 1,000's of young boys.

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Jurors deliberated less than a day before finding a man guilty of sexually abusing two 12-year-old boys, who prosecutors said were just a small fraction of the serial child molester's victims.

Dean Schwartzmiller, 64, was convicted Monday of 11 felony counts of child molestation and one misdemeanor charge of child *advertiser censored* possession.

Schwartzmiller stood with his arms crossed as the verdicts, reached after just four hours of jury deliberation, were read.

He represented himself during the trial but asked for an attorney to represent him during the sentencing phase, which will begin Oct. 16.

Prosecutor Steve Fein said outside court that he will seek the maximum sentence of life in prison. He said Schwartzmiller failed in his attempt to act as his own attorney, subjecting jurors to unnecessary videotaped testimony and lengthy diatribes about how society doesn't accept pedophiles.
http://www.wftv.com/news/9879908/detail.html

I am glad this Judge finally put a stop to this guys molesting spree but why are we giving child molesters 3 chances? This man "may have molested hundreds of youngsters over decades." How many children could have been spared this if this monster hadn't of got 3 strikes?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,251242,00.html

SAN JOSE, California — The former roommate of one of the most prolific child molesters in the U.S. was sentenced Friday to at least 800 years in prison for sexually abusing three boys.

Fred Everts, 36, was convicted last year of molesting the youngsters, ages 3, 9 and 11. He was sentenced to 800 years to life.

Police discovered the crimes two years ago while investigating Dean Arthur Schwartzmiller, who authorities say may have molested hundreds of youngsters over decades and kept detailed logs on the children.

Schwartzmiller, 65, was sentenced in January to 152 years in prison for abusing two 12-year-old boys. He and Everts had met in prison on earlier molestation charges and eventually moved in together in San Jose.

Steve Fein, who prosecuted both men, said Everts admitted molesting about 40 children, including his 3-month-old biological son. He asked for the maximum sentence of 1,175 years to life.

Everts' sentence was compounded under California's three-strikes law — which sets stiff sentences for people convicted of three felonies — because of two prior felony convictions in Oregon in 1993 for sodomy and sexual abuse on his young stepson.

In asking for leniency, defense lawyer Steven Woodson asked the judge to disregard the previous two felonies and consider his client's admission to the crimes and cooperation with investigators.

Horrific crime and i'm glad he appears to be going inside forever.

but 1,175 years to life? i find this sentence completely illogical. :waitasec:

i have no idea why someone once caught for molesting a child is allowed to walk the streets and the 'three strikes' rule is ridiculous.

Dean Arthur Schwartzmiller was born on July 7, 1941. His arrest in Washington, in 2005, brought to light some gory details about this prolific child molester. He was convicted for child molestation when caught in the act with two 12-year old boys. The crimes unfolded have earned him 11 counts of child molestation and 152 years in prison.

Much, much more at link.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/dean-arthur-schwartzmiller.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98