GUILTY CA - Debbie Hawk, 46, Hanford, 13 June 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
shannaleigh said:
Is there a link to any pictures of her husband? I haven't seen any.

I haven't seen one. We probably won't see him unless he is arrested for her murder. The way the sheriff was talking last night they are looking at several people as people of interest! He may not have done it but to my way of thinking he has motive...she wanted more time with the kids which would give him less time with them....she wanted more money too.

What do they mean that Debbie was about to publicly accuse him of stealing money from the kids' trust funds? In court?

The timing of all of this - from the shooting of the attorney the day before they were scheduled to be in court, to Debbie's disappearance in June when the previous court date was rescheduled for July, to this public accusation of her husband stealing from the trust fund - looks very suspicious.

OB, your article from earlier also states that Debbie filed for a restraining order against her husband back in 1998, prior to filing for divorce and prior to their "bitter custody battle".

New Evidence Found on Missing Woman's Van

...marks found on Debbie Hawk's minivan show the car was driven through rough terrain...Friends say they will hold a 47th birthday celebration for Hawk in Downtown Hanford on Monday.

JerseyGirl said:
I was thinking about this case before signing on this morning, and I was starting to lean toward this being related to her work. With the stolen license plate being put on her van, the van being found abandoned, etc., it seems so possible that this could be a robbery by experienced thieves. But hearing that investigators were at her ex's house for 7 hours yesterday has me back on the fence.
True, very true point. However, keep in mind Ben Fawley did this to Taylor Behl's car after he killed her and as far as I know, he wasn't an experienced killer.

I am wondering about the ex and what he did for income and what he did with the money from the trust fund. Could be drugs. Could he also have been taking prescription drugs from her work and selling them for cash?

This is a strange case.

Police have offered polygraphs to their persons of interest. Don't know if this is in any of the links or not. Dave Hawk has not taken one even though a couple of others have...

They revisited Dave Hawk's home too. I think his occupation is listed as farmer/rancher. 60 acres of orchard(s).

Large search today and this weekend. I'll be out this weekend. Search radius is 50 miles and there is a credible tip leading to this area.

Many agency's and Debbie's friends will be searching, I don't know if her ex will be. Her kids are now at their grandparents house on the coast for a couple of weeks....

Seeker said:
Police have offered polygraphs to their persons of interest. Don't know if this is in any of the links or not. Dave Hawk has not taken one even though a couple of others have...

They revisited Dave Hawk's home too. I think his occupation is listed as farmer/rancher. 60 acres of orchard(s).

You would think that Dave Hawk would be the first one to that the polygraph test as he is being so cooperative with LE. If I didn't have anything to hide I would want to make sure my name was cleared. But on the other hand, if I had something to hide you wouldn't be able to get me close to one of those machines unless I took some sort of drug that made me so layed back nothing would show up :p

Hawk case now a homicide
Hanford Police said they have reclassified the investigation of a Hanford woman's disappearance from a missing person case to a homicide case.

Lt. Darrell Smith said Tuesday that test results show that blood found in the home and the van of 47-year-old Debbie Hawk belongs to the Hanford mother of three.
http://www.fresnobee.com/home/story/12436853p-13158476c.html

cathieq said:
Hawk case now a homicide
Hanford Police said they have reclassified the investigation of a Hanford woman's disappearance from a missing person case to a homicide case.

Lt. Darrell Smith said Tuesday that test results show that blood found in the home and the van of 47-year-old Debbie Hawk belongs to the Hanford mother of three.
http://www.fresnobee.com/home/story/12436853p-13158476c.html

Well that isn't news is it. We have all known from the very first that it was a homicide or something horrible happened. Those poor kids walking into that.
I just wish they would find her. It has to be horrible for the kids not knowing what happened to their mom or where she is yet they must know that something awful happened. I would sure like to know if dad went anywhere while they were with him before he took them home. I mean anywhere for any period of time when he had them. If he did I'd like to know if he came home wearing the same clothes that he left in. Whoever did this had to have had blood all over them.

This is like Sue Ann Ray until they break someone they won't be able to find her. So very sad.

Some articles and programs have stated that Debbie was supposed to pick the kids up and many hours (the next day?) after she didn't show, their father dropped them off at home. If Debbie was normally a dependable person and never showed up to pick up the kids that day and never called, isn't it strange that their father would drop them off at home without walking them into the house to make sure that everything was alright?

From not walking his children into their home when Mom didn't show up, to his not taking a polygraph, to saying he has a "good" relationship with LE in regards to the investigation. And now finding out he has had no visiblle means of support and Debbie was about to publically accuse him of raiding the kids trust funds-add the shooting of her lawyer the day before Debbie was evidentally going to go into court and make her accusations public-it doesn't take much to connect the dots as to who should be numero uno on the suspect list!!

Newer articles sound as if there was more blood than I initially thought:

AP Wire | 07/12/2006 | News from the San Joaquin Valley

The bloody trail left in the house and van of a missing mother indicates she was killed, police said...

"It's a sad day ... but the facts we have right now tell us it's a homicide," police Lt. Darrell Smith said.

Hawk was reported missing after her children found her home bloody and ransacked. Her bloodstained van was found parked in a Fresno neighborhood two days later with the keys inside and a stolen license plate attached...

ABC30.com: Debbie Hawk Case Reclassified as Homicide Investigation

... Another search ... is planned for this Friday.

... damage to Hawk's minivan shows it may have left the roadway.

... Police say they have been able to reduce the number of people they consider persons of interest in the case significantly the past few days. Debbie Hawk's ex-husband, Dave Hawk, is still on that list.

Action News spoke with Dave Hawk and he said he is surprised that the case has been reclassified as a homicide investigation. Although he has declined to take a polygraph test, he says he and his family have cooperated with police in the investigation...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back