CA CA - Dr. Enrique Garibay Ruiz, 51, Los Angeles, 6 Oct 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping for Enrique.

I can't find any real updates.

The fb page for him has a new post, but I think it's a repost:

The Toyota RAV4 plates 7VGJ780 he rented at Avis Car Rental hasn't GPS, and the company says they can't find the car by other way - We don't have an order to ask the company the videos of the cameras- Same at Carls jr - without the order they can not get the mails or localization of the last time his cellphone was online on october 5th - We already contact SRE Secretaría de Relaciones Exteriores de México ​ LAPD Headquarters ​ CONSULADO GENERAL DE MEXICO EN LOS ANGELES Embajada de México en Estados Unidos

https://www.facebook.com/pg/BuscoAQuique/posts/?ref=page_internal

Seems the family is stuck and don't know who to turn to.

I have gone out doing car searches on other cases in the past. The McStay case, a woman who disappeared on the way from Lompoc to Palmdale and never made it.

I live about 20 minutes from LAX and normally I would be on it, driving through parking garages looking for this rental.

But unfortunately I was recently diagnosed with cancer and have started chemo and right now I can be trusted to feed a cat let alone drive a vehicle. :scared::shame: Otherwise I would have been on it.

I sure hope Enrique is found safe. You would hink all rental cars in this day and age would have GPS. And added feature for the renter, and a means to get their property back for the rental company. But I imagine at this late date, finding the car may not tell us much. IMO

OH SEAJAY :gaah: i am sorry to read this, i feel for you and those in your circle. hoping there is some form of treatment, wishing you a strong recovery. rooting for you my friend. :grouphug:

I'm so sorry to hear that Seajay! Stay strong and positive, and take time for yourself and to be with your loved ones. All the best!

tarabull, Thank you for tracking down the links above. I went down a rabbit hole because I was interested in what he had published in the past and what he was seeking to make arrangements to publish during his trip to the US. In case anyone else is interested, here's some background info.

I haven't been able to track any journal articles published in english or english-translated journals. That does not mean that he hasn't published peer review articles in other languages.

The MSM articles and information from the missing posters implies to me that he was seeking to have his wider-ranging non-technical works published. The list of topics he has written about is based on the topics covered in his blog (linked above by tarabull). He appears to have set up his essays as individual stand-alone blogs arranged by topic areas, which is an unusual approach. I linked them below because it takes some time to track them down through his bio page.

The essays were published six-seven years ago, and some of the content is no longer available. He wrote in English and Spanish. Below are the links that are still active (links to English google translation follow in brackets when available). Note that he set out an incredibly ambitious goal of publishing 34 works in four months (see "Works to Publish" below). The blog entries may contain only a snapshot of what he has written in totality, and they were published in 2011-2012.

Overview: Author Mission & Goals

Initial Works by Enrique Garibay - http://publicacionesgaribay.blogspot.com

How One Can Change the World - http://anideafornrk.blogspot.com

Obras a publicar - http://publicaciondeobras.blogspot.com/
[Works to Publish - https://translate.google.com/transl...//publicaciondeobras.blogspot.com/&edit-text=]

Blog de Prueba en su Diseño - letterforue.blogspot.com/
[Test Blog in Your Design (test page) - demo with test content, translate by copy/page at translate.google.com]

--
World Politics

An Analysis of an Interview by TVE (Spanish public television) with the President of Mexico:

Pero no me ha respondido la pregunta - http://hdilosdesayunostve.blogspot.com
[But you have not answered the question - https://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fhdilosdesayunostve.blogspot.com%2F&sandbox=1]

Open Letter to the King of Spain with recommendations for improvement

Carta Abierta al Rey versión breve - http://cartaalreybreve.blogspot.com/
[Open Letter to the King brief version - Copy & Paste content to translate.google.com]

--
Football

Football and its relevance to the European crisis (3 essays)

El Fútbol y la Crisis - http://elfutbolylacrisis.blogspot.com/2011/12/el-clasico-y-la-crisis-en-europa.html
[Football and the Crisis [in Europe] - https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&tl=en&u=http://elfutbolylacrisis.blogspot.com]

---

The following is my opinion only.

Enrique has a strong humanist bent and a dedication to improving the everyday experience of human life. In the blog linked by tarabull, he writes

The main goal of these writings (articles, essays, short stories and novels) is to generate new ideas, connections, perspectives or frameworks that could help spark an improvement not only in knowledge but (mainly) in human lives. This ambitious goal also includes a more modest one of helping or causing someone else to spark such changes.

He's extremely bright. He obviously writes fluently in English and Spanish, and the missing information says he's fluent in four languages. However, if he was seeking to have the works outlined in his blog essays published, I doubt he would have met with any offers. He doesn't seem to have built a following for his observations on popular culture, and without an existing audience or a well-known name or base of expertise in the English-speaking world, he would be an unlikely choice to be published. Of course, he may well have honed his writing since the blog posts, but I suspect that self-publishing would have been the main avenue open to him.

I'm concerned he may have chosen to not fly back because he didn't have success to report to his family. MOO. I hope he is found soon.

I'm driving around the Carl's Jr. right now. There is a fire station directly across and up slightly from the restaurant. There are also large U.S. Postal Service and Virgin Airline Cargo facilities. I drove through those parking lots and almost had a heart attack when I found a RAV-IV with a license number starting with 7. Not the right one, though, unfortunately. Here are a few pics to show you the area immediately around the Carl's Jr. There is a large Wally Parking garage directly behind it and a Parking Spot garage beside it.

Will check back in later.
8d55a9aa0fdd627d10a1b7358315e9cf.jpg
c96141d3dcdffd1f6e4898a355dd831d.jpg
a9941dd17f789db3519f6fc58ac8475b.jpg
797b5b8aa75f2e04f5cc5d16a2ec0dac.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
8bff9b80ba3ccf7b855ad2b386cfeb01.jpg

Just checked the Wally Parking Garage directly behind the Carl's Jr. The first three levels are valet parking -- if he had valet parked, they would have found the SUV by now. I found three total gray RAV-IVs on the three other (self-park) levels, but all were empty and didn't match the license plate.

On to the Parking Spot garage next.

Just checked the Wally Parking Garage directly behind the Carl's Jr. The first three levels are valet parking -- if he had valet parked, they would have found the SUV by now. I found three total gray RAV-IVs on the three other (self-park) levels, but all were empty and didn't match the license plate.

On to the Parking Spot garage next.

Thanks so much for looking!

Final report for today ...

• Drove through the Parking Spot garage. Couldn't access the rooftop, but covered two levels (the bottom level is valet). One gray RAV-IV, but different license number.

• Drove through the LAX cell phone lot. No luck.

• Drove the side streets around the Carl's Jr. No luck.

• FYI: The Carl's Jr. has a security guard stationed in the parking lot.

• If you're standing in front of the Carl's Jr. facing Century Boulevard, the area between the restaurant and the airport is mostly hotels, parking garages, corporate skyscrapers, and the USPS, cargo, and fire station I mentioned previously.

• If you're standing in front of the Carl's Jr. facing Century Boulevard, the initial stretch to the left is a bit dicey. That section of Aviation at Century is run down with dilapidated apartments, abandoned business, and empty parking lots.

• Drove Sepulveda and found a dark gray RAV-IV with a license number starting with 7VC instead of 7VG. If the vehicle had been parked on Sepulveda all this time, though, it would have been found by the LAPD giving it a parking ticket.

• Driving down my street, which is a main thoroughfare adjacent to the airport, I spotted a dark gray RAV-IV with a license number starting with 7VGJ, but the last three numbers were wrong. Imagine if the vehicle had been on my street the whole time!

• This is all I have time for today, but will look some more as soon as I'm able.

Lots of gray RAV-IVs in Los Angeles. That's my takeaway for today.

I have gone out doing car searches on other cases in the past. The McStay case, a woman who disappeared on the way from Lompoc to Palmdale and never made it.

I live about 20 minutes from LAX and normally I would be on it, driving through parking garages looking for this rental.

But unfortunately I was recently diagnosed with cancer and have started chemo and right now I can be trusted to feed a cat let alone drive a vehicle. :scared::shame: Otherwise I would have been on it.

I sure hope Enrique is found safe. You would hink all rental cars in this day and age would have GPS. And added feature for the renter, and a means to get their property back for the rental company. But I imagine at this late date, finding the car may not tell us much. IMO
Take care of you!

Jamie, thanks for doing the grunt work, trying to manuveor that area and look for something at the same time is risky. Traffic, pedestrians, lights, inattentive drivers, people who just don't give a darn, is nerve racking.

It is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Once again, it would make sense to me that rental agencies have GPS installed on all their rentals for easily retrieving their property.

Thanks to all who have wished me well with my health. It was a shock to say the least cuz I did everything right and still it wasn't caught during routine medical screenings. I don't know what to expect with side effects yet so I'm not going to go drive around, especially with the steroid I have to take waking me up after only 4 hours sleep a night. I have a long road ahead of me and right now WS is my escape from my reality and to make me feel like I'm helping with something. I just hope I make sense and my head doesn't get all wonky and I start breaking TOS and get a permanent vacay from here. Lol

Seajay, prayers and blessings going your way for a complete recovery. Eat well, all of those vegetables that can help your immune system.

In regards to the hostel..it's not unusual for Europeans to stay in them. My grandfather did RIGHT after Franco died and he went back to my mother's home town in northern Spain near the Basque Territories. And by fútbol, he meant soccer. Also thanks to the translators, I came to the thread late.

Mine own dos centavos: a) mid-life crisis and is??? Somewhere???; or b) foul play.

Only the family and LAPD have the answers now, but I get the feeling that LE is considering voluntary disappearance. And what car rental agency doesn't have GPS anymore? I'd never rent a car in any major city without satnav. I missed a flight out of seatac from Whibey Island after getting lost in an iffy neighborhood and stopped by the police at 0500.

I don't think he disappeared voluntarily because it would mean he stole the car. I don't think this fits with his character. If he had disappeared of his own decision I'm sure he would have left the car somewhere where it would be noticed and returned to its owner.

If he was a victim of foul play the car was possibly abandoned somewhere remote, or stripped and sold for parts.

My top theory is that he went on a bit of last minute sight seeing because he was bored waiting at the airport for an available flight, and crashed somewhere. He and the car would be in an area that is obscured from view of cars that drive by that spot. a body of water, or a ravine, down some cliffs, or something like that perhaps?

Jamie, thanks for doing the grunt work, trying to manuveor that area and look for something at the same time is risky. Traffic, pedestrians, lights, inattentive drivers, people who just don't give a darn, is nerve racking.

It is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Once again, it would make sense to me that rental agencies have GPS installed on all their rentals for easily retrieving their property.

Thanks to all who have wished me well with my health. It was a shock to say the least cuz I did everything right and still it wasn't caught during routine medical screenings. I don't know what to expect with side effects yet so I'm not going to go drive around, especially with the steroid I have to take waking me up after only 4 hours sleep a night. I have a long road ahead of me and right now WS is my escape from my reality and to make me feel like I'm helping with something. I just hope I make sense and my head doesn't get all wonky and I start breaking TOS and get a permanent vacay from here. Lol
Yes, driving in L.A. is a joy. :) Searching would be easier with a co-pilot, but I'm happy to do it.

Be well, Seajay, and fight, fight, fight. It sounds like we're not far from each other. If you need anything, please feel welcome to PM me. Once you feel up to it, you can co-pilot. There are still lots of garages to hit. I also want to cover nearby apartment complexes in case the car was dumped.

There are cameras everywhere. Surely the LAPD has an idea of the direction he headed after Carl's Jr.

I don't think he disappeared voluntarily because it would mean he stole the car. I don't think this fits with his character. If he had disappeared of his own decision I'm sure he would have left the car somewhere where it would be noticed and returned to its owner.

If he was a victim of foul play the car was possibly abandoned somewhere remote, or stripped and sold for parts.

My top theory is that he went on a bit of last minute sight seeing because he was bored waiting at the airport for an available flight, and crashed somewhere. He and the car would be in an area that is obscured from view of cars that drive by that spot. a body of water, or a ravine, down some cliffs, or something like that perhaps?
I 100% feel that this will end up being the case. Sadly. :(

Yes, driving in L.A. is a joy. :) Searching would be easier with a co-pilot, but I'm happy to do it.

Be well, Seajay, and fight, fight, fight. It sounds like we're not far from each other. If you need anything, please feel welcome to PM me. Once you feel up to it, you can co-pilot. There are still lots of garages to hit. I also want to cover nearby apartment complexes in case the car was dumped.

There are cameras everywhere. Surely the LAPD has an idea of the direction he headed after Carl's Jr.

I'm about 20 minutes South of LAX. I would love to be your co-pilot on a search mission for that car.

I read the post below this one and that's another thought, if he crashed somewhere that he hasn't been found. Up the hills in Malibu, Mulholland Dr., many cars have been found sometimes later that had gone over the cliffs. Benedict Canyon is another area cars go over and vanish.

To me, blowing off a standby flight to go sightseeing seems even more out of character. Depending on how he was ticketed, it would push him back at least a day and likely longer. From the sequence of events, it also seems that he left the hostel and his whereabouts are unaccounted for since Oct. 3. They should be able to tell if he checked into the airport for his flight, at least. Did he sleep at the terminal?

I'm also wondering if they left Mexico due to him encountering problems at the university there -- perhaps being denied tenure. He doesn't seem to have been employed since then, and the story behind his trip to the U.S. seems to be shaky, IMO.

I'm hoping he'll be found and simply be disoriented due to medication or another reason. I fear this won't have a happy ending, either way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back