CA CA - East Area Rapist aka The Original Night Stalker 1976-86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One would expect that someone so angry, mean and violent would be noticed as such by his teachers and classmates, if not at the college level, then surely in elementary and high school.
Are there any special schools for boys in the area? Otherwise, if he attended an exclusive school, aggressive, anti-social behavior might be disguised/ covered up, if he was a prominent school athlete, imo, speculation.

This guy was extremely methodical, and was careful not to leave any clues. His only botch up was leaving DNA, but then again, would he have even known much about DNA? This was in the 70's after all.

He was also so confident that he entered some Victims' homes without pants.

One would expect that someone so angry, mean and violent would be noticed as such by his teachers and classmates, if not at the college level, then surely in elementary and high school.
Are there any special schools for boys in the area? Otherwise, if he attended an exclusive school, aggressive, anti-social behavior might be disguised/ covered up, if he was a prominent school athlete, imo, speculation.

He was probably good at hiding his true personality. I won't be surprised if he's still out there somewhere living a normal life, like married with kids.

They found a notebook near one of the victim's home. It mentions a person's 6th grade experience, lot of people believe it was written by EAR. Here it is:

Mad is the word that reminds me of 6th grade. I hated that year.

I wish I had know what was going to be going on during my 6th grade year, the last and worst years of elementary school. Mad is the word that remains in my head about my dreadful year as a 6th grader. My madness was one that was caused by disappointments that hurt me very much. Disappointments from my teacher such as field trips that were planned and then cancelled. My 6th grade teacher gave me a lot of disappointments that made me very mad and made me built a state of hatred in my heart, no one ever let me down that hard before and I never "hated anyone" as much as I did him. Disappointment wasn't the only reason that made me mad in my sixth grade class, another was getting in trouble at school especially talking thats what really bugged me was writing sentences, those awful sentence that my teacher made me write, hours and hours I'd sit and write 50-100-150 sentence day and night I write those dreadful paragraphs which embarrassed me and more important it made me ashamed of myself which in turn, deepdown in side made me realize that writing sentance wasn't fair, it wasn't fair to make me suffer like that, it just wasn't fair to make me sit and wright until my bones ached, until my hand felt ever horrid pain it ever had and as I wrote, I got mader and mader until I cried, I cried because I was ashamed I cried because I was discusted I cried because I was mad and I cried for myself, kid who kept on having to write those dame sentances. My angriness from sixth grade will scar my memory for life and I will be ashamed of my sixth grade year forever

Very interesting.

He was probably good at hiding his true personality. I won't be surprised if he's still out there somewhere living a normal life, like married with kids.

They found a notebook near one of the victim's home. It mentions a person's 6th grade experience, lot of people believe it was written by EAR. Here it is:

I wish I had know what was going to be going on during my 6th grade year, the last and worst years of elementary school. Mad is the word that remains in my head about my dreadful year as a 6th grader. My madness was one that was caused by disappointments that hurt me very much. Disappointments from my teacher such as field trips that were planned and then cancelled. My 6th grade teacher gave me a lot of disappointments that made me very mad and made me built a state of hatred in my heart, no one ever let me down that hard before and I never "hated anyone" as much as I did him. Disappointment wasn't the only reason that made me mad in my sixth grade class, another was getting in trouble at school especially talking thats what really bugged me was writing sentences, those awful sentence that my teacher made me write, hours and hours I'd sit and write 50-100-150 sentence day and night I write those dreadful paragraphs which embarrassed me and more important it made me ashamed of myself which in turn, deepdown in side made me realize that writing sentance wasn't fair, it wasn't fair to make me suffer like that, it just wasn't fair to make me sit and wright until my bones ached, until my hand felt ever horrid pain it ever had and as I wrote, I got mader and mader until I cried, I cried because I was ashamed I cried because I was discusted I cried because I was mad and I cried for myself, kid who kept on having to write those dame sentances. My angriness from sixth grade will scar my memory for life and I will be ashamed of my sixth grade year forever

Very interesting.

Maybe there is a male sixth grade teacher who, if he is still alive, might remember such a student?
Wondering if the spelling errors are genuine or contrived?
speculation.

Maybe there is a male sixth grade teacher who, if he is still alive, might remember such a student?
Wondering if the spelling errors are genuine or contrived?
speculation.

If EAR was in his 20s, he probably was in 6th grade in mid or late 1960s. So there's a good possibility that teacher is dead.

Canceled field trips are an interesting clue though. He seems very disturbed by it.

Wondering if there might be any school or library books in the area that may still have the perp's signature/handwriting?

Very interesting.
Is there any information on whether they were able to get any fingerprints from the notebook. Surely something? Could he have gone o. To offend for so long without getting caught if they had prints? Scary dude for sure. :scared:

Is there any information on whether they were able to get any fingerprints from the notebook. Surely something? Could he have gone o. To offend for so long without getting caught if they had prints? Scary dude for sure. :scared:

attachment.php

Fingerprints, pictured, are among the evidence in the massive cold case

Attachments

• 3550CF4200000578-3642917-image-a-52_1466009588640.jpg
    3550CF4200000578-3642917-image-a-52_1466009588640.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 87
There was also a map found in the notebook pages.
attachment.php

This is what convinced many people that this notebook was EAR'S work. It was likely a map of a suburb he planned to strike or already struck.

Attachments

• EAR-ONS-"Punishment"_map.png
    EAR-ONS-"Punishment"_map.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
Also, do you guys believe EAR committed the Maggiore murders?

http://www.thequesterfiles.com/critical_clue_--_night_predato.html

I am 50/50 on this. It's possible they recognized him, and he had no choice but to kill them off. A shoelace he uses to tie victims was found near one of the bodies. But it's also possible someone else did it, and EAR who happened to be prowling at the time got the blame.

Really hard to say, initially did not think EAR was one and the same perp who killed the M's, now, not so certain.
Just how many freaky killers or rapists can there really be, operating at the same time, in the same neighbourhood and willing to shoot a female in the face?
Regarding the moustache, maybe EARS disguised himself by wearing a fake one and/or changed his clothing ( wore a reversible jacket?) and footwear?
Even wondering if the bull tattoo Ear was rumoured to sport, was temporary, used as a red herring.
imo, speculation.

There were two suspicious people seen during that day. One was jumping fences in panic (most likely EAR). Other was a man in early 20's with a mustache, and the witness said he had gun in his pocket.

Profile_Cordovan_March_22_1978.gif

LE seems confident that EAR committed these murders. They must have some info that wasn't released to the public

Also if I remember correctly, EAR never attacked in this part of the neighborhood again after this incident. Something must have really spooked him.

Hey there. This is my first post here.

Anywayz, I have a definitive POI, based pretty much SOLELY on his eerie resemblance to Magorie Murder Suspect No. 2. Well, apart from the fact that the picture of him is taken from the Haskulls Locals FB page, here (you'll have to scroll down to the bottom of the page for the pic in question):

https://www.facebook.com/groups/157766078689/

Here's a link to a Photobucket page I made expressly for the purpose of comparing the 2:

http://s1186.photobucket.com/user/Hellwig275/library/Majorie?sort=3&page=1

Click on the 'Slideshow' button and watch for 5 minutes or so & see if it doesn't freak you out, the similarity between this guy & the police sketch!

Same bone structure. Same 'm' shaped moustache. Same haircut & style - down to a 't', in fact.

It's not just the facial resemblance, tho. He DOES in fact, have a tattoo, on his left forearm, as in several police sketches & eye witness descriptions made of him. He is turned with his left arm away from the camera (possibly deliberately), so only part of the tattoo is visible. I've blown up the photo to try and decipher it, to little success. Also of note, the guy is wearing a black wristwatch, also just as shown in same police. He also appears slim and athletic. And wearing sneakers, possibly Addidas - the photos' not clear enough to be definitive. Addidas sneakers size 9 were found around the homes of many victims. Here's a link to the police sketch I'm referring to, along with the blown up tattoo pics on this guys arm:

http://s1186.photobucket.com/user/Hellwig275/library/EARONS Police Sketch With Tattoo?sort=3&page=1

I've contacted the F.B.I re: this guy and whether they're aware of him or investigated him, etc. No response. Either they can't be bothered with a reply, or they're investigating this guy and don't want to alert him or anyone connected with him...

Anyway, i'd be interested in anyone's thoughts on this guy, and whether anyone is interested in helping me get some info on this guy, and maybe someone with links to L.E can tell me if this guy is on the radar at all. I'm not from Calif., or the U.S in fact (New Zealand), so I obv. don't have any sort of resources re this kind of thing other than online.

PM me if you're interested.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 318935_4242634576681_1658509498_n.jpg
    318935_4242634576681_1658509498_n.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 309
  • Magorie Suspect no.2 Police Sketch.png
    Magorie Suspect no.2 Police Sketch.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 310
  • earons-sketch tattoo.jpg
    earons-sketch tattoo.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 198
  • Magorie susp 2  tatt left forearm.png
    Magorie susp 2 tatt left forearm.png
    116.1 KB · Views: 199
  • Magorie Suspect 2 Group tatt aa.jpg
    Magorie Suspect 2 Group tatt aa.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 201

Anywayz, I have a definitive POI, based pretty much SOLELY on his eerie resemblance to Magorie Murder Suspect No. 2. Well, apart from the fact that the picture of him is taken from the Haskulls Locals FB page, here (you'll have to scroll down to the bottom of the page for the pic in question):

Here's a link to a Photobucket page I made expressly for the purpose of comparing the 2:

Click on the 'Slideshow' button and watch for 5 minutes or so & see if it doesn't freak you out, the similarity between this guy & the police sketch!

Same bone structure. Same 'm' shaped moustache. Same haircut & style - down to a 't', in fact.

It's not just the facial resemblance, tho. He DOES in fact, have a tattoo, on his left forearm, as in several police sketches & eye witness descriptions made of him. He is turned with his left arm away from the camera (possibly deliberately), so only part of the tattoo is visible. I've blown up the photo to try and decipher it, to little success. Also of note, the guy is wearing a black wristwatch, also just as shown in same police. He also appears slim and athletic. And wearing sneakers, possibly Addidas - the photos' not clear enough to be definitive. Addidas sneakers size 9 were found around the homes of many victims. Here's a link to the police sketch I'm referring to, along with the blown up tattoo pics on this guys arm:

http://s1186.photobucket.com/user/Hellwig275/library/EARONS Police Sketch With Tattoo?sort=3&page=1

I've contacted the F.B.I re: this guy and whether they're aware of him or investigated him, etc. No response. Either they can't be bothered with a reply, or they're investigating this guy and don't want to alert him or anyone connected with him...

Anyway, i'd be interested in anyone's thoughts on this guy, and whether anyone is interested in helping me get some info on this guy, and maybe someone with links to L.E can tell me if this guy is on the radar at all. I'm not from Calif., or the U.S in fact (New Zealand), so I obv. don't have any sort of resources re this kind of thing other than online.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Welcome to Ws Hellwig, thanks for sharing that very, intriguing info. here!!
You might really be on to something, hope it is okay to post those pics here, but it may not be...
Hmm, a surfer perhaps, one who paints?

When were those photos taken?

EAR would be in his late 50s/60s now. That guy looks about 40.

I still think Suspect no.1 was EAR, rather than the mustached guy. Fence jumping was totally his style, he probably dropped the lace while jumping. Here are sketches of EAR from other attacks . These sketches are mostly from the Victims neighbors, who saw suspicious young man near the Victims' homes before attack.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 220px-Original_Night_Stalker_Composite.jpg
    220px-Original_Night_Stalker_Composite.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 198
  • 10784902_G.jpg
    10784902_G.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 200
The biggest problem is none of the composites are known to really be of ear/ons. They were of suspicious people seen in neighborhoods where a crime was later committed. He always had his face and hands covered, hence zero fingerprints of EAR were identified. Most composites are of people seen DAYS or even WEEKS beforehand. Imagine how accurately you could describe a man who walked past your house 5 days ago, before you were even suspicious of his presence? The Maggiore suspect composites were the only ones drawn right after the witnesses saw men running away. IMO I think we really need to view these composites with a little skepticism. After all these years and all the press these cases have gotten, if they had a truly accurate composite of ear/ons I think he would've been caught a longtime ago. His name should've come up on a tip line. And assuming detectives followed up the tips & checked out those names- they should've had him. Even in the late seventies they easily could've checked to see if he was a non-secretor. If he was they then could've gotten search warrants & found the evidence needed to prove it was EAR.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Yeah that guy is a dead ringer for the Maggiore composite. Good find! Do you have any backstory on him or his whereabouts in 76-86?

http://nottstv.com/nottingham-experts-could-reveal-the-face-of-notorious-american-serial-killer/
[h=1]Nottingham experts could reveal the face of notorious American serial killer[/h] By chris.breese@nottstv.com -

Dec 2, 2016
[h=3]The identity of an elusive American serial killer and rapist could finally be revealed by a groundbreaking Nottingham research project matching voices to faces.[/h]
His exact appearance is largely a mystery as he normally wore a balaclava, and a handful of police sketches from witnesses accounts are inconsistent.
But evidence collected over the years also includes audio tapes of chilling follow-up calls he made to victims to terrorise them.
The recordings are now being used by psychologists at the university’s School of Social Sciences, who completed a study earlier this year suggesting people can work out someone’s appearance just by hearing their voice.
Dr Smith’s study involves asking people to take part in an online experiment, so that psychologists can use their collective responses to whittle down a more accurate representation of what the perpetrator might have looked like based on the sound of his voice.
Participants need to be aged over 18, as the recordings contain language some people may find disturbing.
Participants are asked to listen to the killer’s voice recordings and to view the facial sketches/composites, before judging them in terms of appearance and personality.
The researchers will draw correlations between the face and voice ratings for dimensions such as age, masculinity, height, weight, attractiveness and level of education – to try to get a better idea of which composite is likely to be the most accurate depiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67