CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What? There's plenty reason to act frail. It's his only chance to garner ANY sympathy at all. The kicker is, though that 72 IS NOT THAT OLD. I don't know who you guys hang out with, but I don't know plenty of people in their 70s and they are spitfires. It you are ill or have medical issues, of course, the scenario is different. But if you are healthy enough to ride a bike or a motorcycle. or build a table -- the guy was spry two days ago. I will accept he is an alcoholic who is doped up to aid withdrawal. That may come out with more news. But he is perfectly fine. It's all an act, put together by his attorney who told press she "is honored" to be his attorney. As if he's some elder statesman, for God's sake.

Honestly it could go either way. I know many in the same age range who aren’t spry and I’m not going to be judging that he’s faking or not without evidence. It isn’t a fact right now. What are facts is that he is old and he isn’t in good health. None of it really matters since jail may well shorten whatever life he has left which is good for everyone involved.

I read she was a family law attorney. Do you have a link?

It's simply a way of stating that she's not an attorney who practices criminal law.
There are 2 types of trials or legal procedures in court: Civil and criminal. Criminal cases are only taken by those attorneys skilled in criminal law practice and hopefully, criminal defense in front of the prosecution, jury, witnesses, and the officers of the court ( judge, etc). They go into different, more secure courtrooms than the civil cases in most cities.

Family law falls under the heading of Civil Law practice. Not Criminal Law practice.
Doesn't mean she's less skilled, but that she usually would be expected to have very good people skills ( dealing with clients who are in a lot of pain, emotionally) and good negotiation skills as well. ( Quite a lot of family law involves a mediation process phase).

I have been a lurker on the forum since the Luka Magnotta case in 2012, but this is the first time I’ve actually posted after visiting the forum nearly everyday for years. I’m so happy this guy was caught. My heart goes out to his victims. It’s weird finally posting and being able to actively discuss such a HUGE case at that. There are some absolutely amazing people on this website and I love reading all of the information, theories, etc.
I just have to add, this guy’s voice still creeps me out. Matching a face to those voice mails that have been around forever... disturbing.

I have been a lurker on the forum since the Luka Magnotta case in 2012, but this is the first time I’ve actually posted after visiting the forum nearly everyday for years. I’m so happy this guy was caught. My heart goes out to his victims. It’s weird finally posting and being able to actively discuss such a HUGE case at that. There are some absolutely amazing people on this website and I love reading all of the information, theories, etc.
I just have to add, this guy’s voice still creeps me out. Matching a face to those voice mails that have been around forever... disturbing.

:hiding::tyou::nevermind:

Wow very compelling theory Deangelo killed these girls around Visalia/Exeter, almost seem unlikely he didnt
http://abc30.com/tulare-county-detectives-need-your-help-to-solve-a-1974-murder-case/2658531/

Great link Orville!

The most amazing true crime podcast called 12-26-75 covered this case (and the VR and EAR cases) extremely well. Of course at the time (only 12 months ago) they copped a lot of flack from the "VR Couldn't Possibly Be EAR Under Any Circumstances" Brigade and didn't get much of an audience.

It is my great hope that now that they have be shown to be correct about VR being EAR that they win finally get the audience they deserve.

https://12-26-75.com/

Or just search the title 12-26-75 on iTunes!! :)

been trolling you tube for interviews starting to fire up with some goodies!
according to the neighbours this man was nasty and yelled and screamed just in existence.
so watching him in the courtroom I reckon he is dazed with disbelief that he has been caught and he is seething mad. looking at his body not his face you can see his blood is boiling.
so happy for paul holes what a retirement gift!

I can't find the photo in the thread which shows the closeup from the town hall meeting. The one in which the man who resembles him is circled in purple. To me that looks exactly like him. I can't believe that image exists that clearly shows he attended that meeting. Crazy.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

It may have already been posted (this thread moves so fast) but if you watch the raw video from yesterday https://youtu.be/LnkB1KZRm0w you can can see that he indeed does have a wound on the very top of his head. I suspect that item on the top of his head in his mug shot was a bandaid, as others suspected.

I just want to pop in and say hi and thanks to all the lovely posters here. I’ve been able to swing by and get quick links to all the info, a lot of your opinions are fascinating and I really appreciate the presence of so many advocates for the sexually assaulted online. Keep it up, lovelies!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-genealogy-site-serial-killer-20180427-story.html

Police using genetic sites misidentified Oregon man as Golden State serial killer suspect in 2017

[FONT=&amp]Associated Press
APRIL 27, 2018, 6:26 pm

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Investigators hunting down the so-called Golden State Killer used information from genetic websites last year that led to the wrong man, court records obtained Friday by The Associated Press showed.
An Oregon police officer working at the request of California investigators persuaded a judge to order a 73-year-old man in an Oregon City nursing home to provide a DNA sample.
It's not clear if officers collected the sample and ran further tests, but it was not the man arrested this week outside Sacramento in one of the state's most notorious string of serial rapes and killings.
The case of mistaken identity was discovered as authorities hailed a novel use of DNA technology that led this week to the arrest of former police officer Joseph DeAngelo at his house outside Sacramento on murder charges. He's suspected of being the sadistic attacker who killed 13 people and raped nearly 50 women during the 1970s and '80s.[/FONT]
[...]
...more proof added to my list that catching serial killers/murderers/etc is not an exact science and police-etc make mistakes/errors/misjudgments/etc
--it's not that easy

What? There's plenty reason to act frail. It's his only chance to garner ANY sympathy at all. The kicker is, though that 72 IS NOT THAT OLD. I don't know who you guys hang out with, but I don't know plenty of people in their 70s and they are spitfires. It you are ill or have medical issues, of course, the scenario is different. But if you are healthy enough to ride a bike or a motorcycle. or build a table -- the guy was spry two days ago. I will accept he is an alcoholic who is doped up to aid withdrawal. That may come out with more news. But he is perfectly fine. It's all an act, put together by his attorney who told press she "is honored" to be his attorney. As if he's some elder statesman, for God's sake.
yes--possibly, but 72 plus the monumental stress of being arrested can cause heart attacks/etc--I've links of this in many recent posts

I'm reading on other web sites that there may be a valid challenge to the use of familial DNA that led to JJD coming under suspicion. References to invasion of the relative's privacy, unauthorized use of DNA, etc.

Any lawyers here who could comment on that?

I'm reading on other web sites that there may be a valid challenge to the use of familial DNA that led to JJD coming under suspicion. References to invasion of the relative's privacy, unauthorized use of DNA, etc.

Any lawyers here who could comment on that?

No link. But to quote an attorney interviewed for this case .If the public can use ged why not LE? Public data has no perceived protection.

If I understand correctly they simply matched a DNA profile to someone who had theirs open for viewing in a website. The potluck dinner example was very helpful. I see nothing legally wrong with what they did.

Can anyone elaborate on the “rare gentic trait” he has. Anything else about it other than blood type not revealed in saliva? Any “conditions” come with it?

He was what was called a "non-secretor" which prohibits the person from showing their ABO blood type in their secretions.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-genealogy-site-serial-killer-20180427-story.html

Police using genetic sites misidentified Oregon man as Golden State serial killer suspect in 2017

[FONT=&]Associated Press
APRIL 27, 2018, 6:26 pm

[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Investigators hunting down the so-called Golden State Killer used information from genetic websites last year that led to the wrong man, court records obtained Friday by The Associated Press showed.
An Oregon police officer working at the request of California investigators persuaded a judge to order a 73-year-old man in an Oregon City nursing home to provide a DNA sample.
It's not clear if officers collected the sample and ran further tests, but it was not the man arrested this week outside Sacramento in one of the state's most notorious string of serial rapes and killings.
The case of mistaken identity was discovered as authorities hailed a novel use of DNA technology that led this week to the arrest of former police officer Joseph DeAngelo at his house outside Sacramento on murder charges. He's suspected of being the sadistic attacker who killed 13 people and raped nearly 50 women during the 1970s and '80s.[/FONT]
[...]

These headlines are misleading, they were ruling people out. They make it sound like he was almost convicted or something.

He was what was called a "non-secretor" which prohibits the person from showing their ABO blood type in their secretions.

These headlines are misleading, they were ruling people out. They make it sound like he was almost convicted or something.
Yup. AND This other mans family gave LE permission to test him. His daughter posted on a genealogy page this morning about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1