CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A 4th cousin! That's got to strike a lot of fear into the hearts of killers who've been getting away with it for years, most people don't even know their 4th cousins.

Yep! People can tell everyone they know and immediate family members not to submit their DNA (in a way that doesn't arouse suspicion) but how many of us even know our 4th cousins?!

I would like to see a timeline showing all the GSK/ONS/VRS cases, superimposed with JJD’s life events and those of the women/girls in his life. For example, when did Bonnie get married...does that coincide with when he moved to couples.

I have not followed this case up to now, haven’t read the books or watched the shows, but I realllly doubt that he took a pause from 1981-86 and stopped entirely after 1986. Maybe have changed his MO in the early 80’s to dispose of the body and any evidence, and the 1986 case was an outlier. I would be looking at any missing persons in the area or anywhere he traveled.

Someone on reddit made this, it doesn't have everything, but it's a good starting point with what we know so far: https://image.ibb.co/mXtKgx/deangelo_timeline3.jpg

DeAngelo got married in 1973 (to Sharon Huddle). This is also the year the Visalia Ransack spree started.

EDIT: Whoops, enelram beat me to it! :D

Here's an organized timeline and other details of the perp-

https://image.ibb.co/jHpAoc/deangelo_timeline.jpg

This really helps - thank you! Does anyone know the status of the back-yard garden dig that began a couple of days ago? I am having a very hard time understanding how someone who was so prolific in their heinous activities could have just stopped. I am thinking that there has to be other victims somewhere.

This. They started in Dec 2017, investigated a suspect in Oregon first, got a judge to rule that he give up DNA, eliminated him and a few others, then moved on to DeAngelo. Paul Holes (a chief investigator from Contra Costa county) parked outside DeAngelo's home when Holes retired in March.

Apologies because I'm sure it's been discussed somewhere in the thread and I missed it, but do you know how and why they started investigating the suspect in Oregon?

I would like to see a timeline showing all the GSK/ONS/VRS cases, superimposed with JJD’s life events and those of the women/girls in his life. For example, when did Bonnie get married...does that coincide with when he moved to couples.

I have not followed this case up to now, haven’t read the books or watched the shows, but I realllly doubt that he took a pause from 1981-86 and stopped entirely after 1986. Maybe have changed his MO in the early 80’s to dispose of the body and any evidence, and the 1986 case was an outlier. I would be looking at any missing persons in the area or anywhere he traveled.

You can’t sleuth Bonnie. It’s against the rules.

Yes, by early '80's implant pumps were getting popular. Numerous victims mentioned he was not very potent, had

difficulty performing, several later victims mentioned him activating the pump to perform.

MOO

Wondering if a specific relationship ended specifically because of this triggering a deep seeded rage?

Also interesting to note is that his murders start after he gets fired/quit from the police force.

No they didn't, he'd already killed Prof Snelling and the Maggiore's before he was fired, and possibly a woman and child over in Simi Valley that another man was falsely convicted for.

Yes, by early '80's implant pumps were getting popular. Numerous victims mentioned he was not very potent, had

difficulty performing, several later victims mentioned him activating the pump to perform.

MOO

Wow, people actually saw him using a pump? Did blindfolds slip? Do you remember the source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have solved connections to 4th and 5th cousins in matter of hours myself.
It isn't as hard as some think, especially if you have basic knowledge of DNA and Genealogy.
Gedmatch and the other websites have some amazing tools to help as well.

But the connection (GGG grandparents) is only the first step- after that you have to make sure you find every single person descended from the great great great grand parents listed. Not something that is guaranteed to be online.

You can’t sleuth Bonnie. It’s against the rules.

Fair point, but I’m not looking to sleuth Bonnie, or in any way implicate her. Just trying to understand HIS timeline...possible triggering events in his life.

Someone on reddit made this, it doesn't have everything, but it's a good starting point with what we know so far: https://image.ibb.co/mXtKgx/deangelo_timeline3.jpg

DeAngelo got married in 1973 (to Sharon Huddle). This is also the year the Visalia Ransack spree started.

EDIT: Whoops, enelram beat me to it! [emoji3]

Do you happen to know when his wife moved out? There was an article posted here somewhere, but I’ve lost track. For some reason, I thought it was late 70’s, but that doesn’t make sense, given his kids’ birth dates.

eta: Oh, wait, the timeline says divorced in 1991. (But I’m pretty sure they were never actually divorced. )

Interesting, please someone correct me if I am wrong but that would be a great great grandparents children. I question the possibility of that because wouldnt they have had to submit it over 20 years ago for it to be in that database? Did GEDmatch even exist that long ago? There should be at the least an 80 year gap between JJD and his great great grandparents so there is no chance that generation is alive.
Those would be first cousins three or four times removed not fourth cousins.

No they didn't, he'd already killed Prof Snelling and the Maggiore's before he was fired, and possibly a woman and child over in Simi Valley that another man was falsely convicted for.

Ah, I always forget about poor Mr. Snelling! And you are right, Maggiore's is a crime from his EAR days. I should say, he ramped up *exclusively* to murder (not allowing any living victims if he could help it) after his shoplifting incident, beginning of his ONS days!

Wow, people actually saw him using a pump? Did blindfolds slip? Do you remember the source?

On Unmasking a Killer Part 1, the detective (I think it was ) said there was also a very large amount of semen at the scene, indicating major excitement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slim Summers