CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deangelo received a GED in 1964. Had he stopped attending High School prior to that?

Yes, it appears he dropped out of high school in 1963 and then got his GED in 1964, just before enlisting in the Navy.

One of the things that hit me when I saw these cities listed, Modesto, Stockton etc, was the thought of his boat. I wonder if he had access to a boat back in the 70's?

My Dad had a boat that he kept in the Modesto/Tracy area, where his parents had a farm, right on the river delta. On Sundays he took us for nice long roads all through the Delta.

We would often go to SACRAMENTO by boat through the delta. It is only about 58 miles by boat.

https://dbw.parks.ca.gov/pages/28702/files/deltamap-boating.pdf

There ^^^ is a great map showing all of the towns one can access quickly, and quietly, if you take a boat through the delta. There are a lot of homes, right there on the river bank. We would pull over and tie up to any dock, if we wanted to jump in for a quick swim, or to get our and stretch our legs.

I wonder if he had a boat moored somewhere, that allowed him to cruise around at night and escape, without using any vehicles or roads or witnesses.

This podcast I was listening to emphasized how often he was hunting around canals in E Sacramento- can a person easily boat on those canals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We also don't know what he's prescribed. He mentioned having a history of mental health problems and being in an institution. He could be on some serious psych and mood meds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Who said he had a history of mental health problems and being in an institution? Do you have a link?

Not sure if anyone has posted this, but have a look at the comment by "JD" in the first few comments on Michelle McNamara's article for Los Angeles Magazine. Could it have been Joseph DeAngelo himself? As an aside, Michelle was one brave woman to put her name to this article and to work on that book.. who knows what he could have done.

http://www.lamag.com/longform/in-the-footsteps-of-a-killer/

The more interesting comment is by "Salty Old Dog" right underneath.

Okay. But he DID go into houses with dogs.
That's really ballsy in my opinion.
He factored dogs into his equasation (buying dog reppelient).

I will need to learn something here.

What kind of reppelent would keep my 120 pound German shepherd dog from protecting me?

I cannot think of any. Seriously.

I think this is a good discussion, because in order to defend oneself from evil, dogs have been a true barrier.
IMO

Man, there are a LOT of unsolved murders in Nor-Cal. I'm wondering about Arlis Perry and Donna Lass. Lass was a suspected Zodiac victim but worked fairly close to where JJD lived.

The more interesting comment is by "Salty Old Dog" right underneath.

I’ve seen people try to make a few matches between attendees at the meeting and DeAngelo. Then the last link I saw said all those pics were bogus- from a different meeting.

Anyone know if that pic is real or it’s source?

What kind of reppelent would keep my 120 pound German shepherd dog from protecting me?

I think this is a good discussion, because in order to defend oneself from evil, dogs have been a true barrier.
IMO

I’m only about 18 rape incidents in on the podcast, but it seems like most of the dogs are quite small- were carried into other rooms. I’d say larger dogs were one of many reasons he did so much recon including neighbors and routes through yards.

This podcast I was listening to emphasized how often he was hunting around canals in E Sacramento- can a person easily boat on those canals?

No. Only drunk weirdos mess with the canals.

Maybe now. But back in the 70's and 80's the canals were full of water skiers and speed boats. We belonged to a slalom skiing club and entered tournaments in places like Bethel Park and Rio Vista. It was great fun. Our whole family loved it and we met lots of other families to ski with and boat with and swim with.

There were not any drunk weirdos in the canals at the time. Maybe now there is?

You need to listen. The judge asked him something and he literally doesn’t seem to get it. I think she put her arm on him because he is out of it and she is trying to make sure he understands completely. Seriously tho. Check it out. Who knows. He’s awful.

Defense attorneys frequently put a hand on the defendant. It makes the attorneys seem comfortable and unafraid of their clients. It makes their clients not seem like monsters.

I think they gave him something like Ativan for agitation. He didn’t get dementia overnight but his behavior some how seems that way. I also think his behavior is real and due to meds or resisting food. He’s on something maybe, shocked, and also not eating? He sounds challenged at the moment...

Regardless of what the cause is fake or not they better make sure this guy is sustained because [emoji79](curse rant) if they excuse it as acting and the
Asshatz diez. No no no. For the sake of the investigation I hope they watch him night and day and day and night and force him to be condemned in person while alive.

Did anyone else notice that he seems to have scabs on the top of his head?

IMO
Gut feeling, it was to confuse the tracking dogs scent.
I'd like to know what dog repellent was in the 70's and 80's.
I did look it up and it seems it was ammonia.
That's to assault their sense of smell more than anything.
It seems like if it were used on a dog like you have it would just make them angrier.
Not that anyone would, but I wouldn't advise
testing it on an animal!
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

over 50 years ago, I was fortunate enough to escape from a predator. After all these years, it was still with me. I felt a measure of relief to discover through the internet that he died of natural causes in a Florida prison several years ago. He raped and killed for his lifetime, interspersed with serving time. I saw his mugshot as an old man and still felt the fear I felt as a child of nine. I am all onboard supporting these investigations and survivors. There is no statute of limitation on justice.
laces

I'm an adult survivor of a stalker who escalated to overt violence against me. He was- wait for it- a retired ( due to years of service, not age) state policeman.
You and I are lucky to be alive. I celebrate our victories.

These types of cases are extremely difficult for me, and I usually have to stay out of discussions because of the many triggers to ongoing PTSD.

The fact that this monster stopped killing and raping on his own and apparently had a " normal appearing" life, then was caught by DNA 3-4 decades later really has made the case fascinating and unique, but still heartbreaking for his beautiful victims.

I hope, in the midst of it all, that no one ever forgets those who suffered at his then- young hands. I hope everyone looks at the known victims' photos and short bios, and remembers how he tortured people for at least 10 years, maybe longer. He will have to answer now for his stalking and phone call threats, his shadowing his targets or past victims in many cases, the brutality and terror he caused in young people with so much living to do.
Going through their entire apartments and houses, ransacking and stealing, sitting and eating their food, making them think he had left, then lunging at a tied up victim again to terrorize on his way out the patio door. Keeping their treasured items like baby photos, wedding photos, special engraved jewelry, plain gold wedding bands.

There are many monsters out there, most not caught, or now released into the population again. WS is full of compassionate and intelligent posters who care about the survivors and the deceased victims. Without the compassion, if it was a facts- only website, I could not stand the grief and fear that this man's many gruesome and sadistic details bring back into my memory and being.

God bless all of you, especially those of you who have been hurt and are seeking justice for the crimes against others.
I am so sad that a huge group of people working with each other still have so many criminal cases and missing persons cases to discuss.. but I am so thankful for each of my fellow posters. You inspire me, your empathy brings tears to my eyes, and your push for solving crimes and bringing monsters to justice is a balm for my heart. My case's resolution did not receive a full measure of justice, and there is still so much hurt and fear without closure or healing.

Gut feeling, it was to confuse the tracking dogs scent.
I'd like to know what dog repellent was in the 70's and 80's.
I did look it up and it seems it was ammonia.
That's to assault their sense of smell more than anything.
It seems like if it were used on a dog like you have it would just make them angrier.
Not that anyone would, but I wouldn't advise
testing it on an animal!
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

He also ordered victims to lock up their dogs in closets, garages, other rooms in many instances. I expect he was annoyed by the barking or whining, as he also turned off other sources of sound like TVs, radios, heat and A/C units. He closed doors to the children's rooms..

There was also the silence mandate to the males of the couples murdered when he'd place dishes on their bodies and tell them that if they moved and the dishes rattled, he'd shoot them point blank. He wanted it quiet while he attacked the wives and girlfriends.
He shot or bludgeoned them all anyway, but it's human nature to hold onto hope of surviving.

As far as I can tell, as his crimes progressed through the years, he truly would linger in a home to go through photo albums, to look at and pick out personal items he wanted to keep, and there was a great amount of staging at times. He definitely posed some of his victims' bodies, and also did weird things with clothing, such as making a long neat trail of a lady's underwear down the hallways... All the eating and drinking he took time to do in their kitchens. The freakiest part of it all was that the bodies were not even cold, and the cops could have caught him at the crime scenes at any time. Why wasn't he ever caught during all his freaky behaviors at the crime scenes? Did he ever have a lookout? A possible police radio with earphones? Something else to buy him time to plunder and pillage?

Very easily---especially back in the 70's and 80's. In the 60's and 70's my brothers and I took the boat out by ourselves all the time.

All you need is a compass to keep track of where you want to head.

https://www.google.com/search?q=san...CAAQBQ&biw=1440&bih=768#imgrc=Bc8t4kVLXoMy5M:

Wow- boats on canals, he did seem obsessed w switching modes of transport, or having backup stashed somewhere. Bikes, “jogging”, reports of many different cars and also stealing cars and switching to another way home in just a block or two.
Makes it seem like a back up boat could also be a thing!

I have not a gram of sympathy for JJD as an adult. But if there was molestation or incest perpetrated upon him as a child, then I ache for the child he once was. I really am losing faith in humanity.

Well, yeah, I am losing faith in humanity myself.
But, Nothing, justifies what this monster has done to total strangers who never did anything to him.
I so hope that he suffers for the rest of his miserable life.
This monster destroyed hundreds of lives.
I honestly hope he rots every single day in a tiny jail cell.
And... I am a really nice person!
But, this man is a monster. I hate him, and every single crime he has perpetuated apon innocent persons.
So Glad they caught this monster.

The podcast I listened to pieces together sightings (and disappearances) of the GSK and it seems like he liked to use canals and green belts as escape routes. Safer being spotted by drunks, weirdos and the odd fisherman than people who live on the same streets as the murder victims. Lots of canals near his rape victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members