CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
chilling thank you. I will read that next. Anyone else think his wife helped him?

I don't necessarily think she helped him, but can't help but wonder if or how much she may have suspected.

I recall this from the 70’s. It was to stop them from peeing, but they’d literally pull back and not want to be near it. You’d have to get close, but you’d be overwhelmed by an odd chemical smell that made you gag and recoil. Very hard to describe it- was sold in Woolworths Pet dept and hardware store. Hartz Mountain brand I believe. We tried it out on our dog a few times, it lingered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To add, this was something you sprayed on a carpet spot or couch, not to clean the odor (like most newer products) but to literally repel them when they got near it. Not at all painful like pepper spray or pleasant like a cover up. You had to get close, but it was really gag inducing. As kids we tested it on the dog, our selves, etc... by spraying it on a rag and putting it up to our faces. Wish I had the words to describe it! It’s the opposite of a sharp or dirty smell. You’d immediately feel something in the back of your throat and recoil, but not be hurt by it. My best guess is he tested it w smaller animals and found that they’d only pull back a bit, but still stay close and bark. But it’s really made me think about the unfamiliar and hard to identify thing. That fits.

gotcha! I've witnessed this before. Not in my household but in a friend's household. Every time he asked about his bio mom his adopted mom would grasp her heart feign a heart attack until he promised never to ask about her again and to never try to meet her. The adoption turned pout to be illegal blackmarket in the mid 60's.
O/t But interesting coincidence, a friend of mine who was adopted and whose adoptive parents had died, also tried to ask a relative about the adoption many times and each time was threatened that it would set off a heart attack, so she dared not ask again.
Turned out that it too was an illegal adoption in the sixties.fwiw.

Citronella or citrus?
Or casin like cinnamin?

There’s literally no smell I can liken it to. which is odd because when I read the reports saying victims couldn’t describe it well, I found that hard to understand. Honestly, my brain can smell it right now and we’re taking 45 years. It would not spread in the air, but it would linger exactly where you sprayed it. You’d feel like you couldn’t breathe, or maybe just didn’t want to? But not at all organic, and not harmful to touch, only to sniff. Was not pepper related at all, and was available widely through a major pet supply company.
Strange how persistent memories of smells can be!

It does not say "rounded" and is not used a single time in the profile. It says specifically "blunt force instruments". Which strongly indicates they had no idea what the weapon used was.
https://tinyurl.com/yblz6d5p

Pardon me...circular contusions. Thank you for the quick correction. I'm taking in a lot of info.
"Two of the female victims had circular contusions. One was located on the shoulder of PATRICE HARRINGTON and the other was located on the buttocks of MANUELA WITTHUHN. The shoulder injury was described as a possible bite mark, the other as being consistent with a punch.

gotcha! I've witnessed this before. Not in my household but in a friend's household. Every time he asked about his bio mom his adopted mom would grasp her heart feign a heart attack until he promised never to ask about her again and to never try to meet her. The adoption turned pout to be illegal blackmarket in the mid 60's.

Also known as “the missing stair” that a family will pretend is not a thing, and they’re not all working around it every day of their life at home.

http://www.coldcase-earons.com/index.php

https://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=29488

The details in the second link above are really interesting. They show all the accesses from the Sacramento and American river.

The name on his current boat that was shown was SCARY. I wondered if it stood for
Southern California Area Rapist's Yacht?

If he lived with his inlaws when he first married then I could see why the rapes and murders were in the Goleta and Irvine areas. I noticed a connection to Irvine regarding some of the professions as well.

I am also posting a site I found that had a lot of detail specifically about the crimes. (First link above)

Wow, look how many are right along the American River.

I don't necessarily think she helped him, but can't help but wonder if or how much she may have suspected.

Maybe he raped her too. Maybe she didn't question the nights he was "out" too much because she was just glad that he was leaving her alone. Maybe she thought he was out visiting prostitutes. She was only 20 when they got married right before all this started.

So we know that he lived in long beach at some point. Im going to assume it was in the 80s. Has anybody found out where he might have been working. I feel like he probably moved down here after he was kicked off the force and then starred His killing spree..i can find where. He lived and that the housee was in His wifes name. But thats about all

As far as dogs, if you read some of the reports about the crimes many times the dogs were barking. He made the homeowners shut them up and locked them in other rooms. One case a dog was barking and a boy let the dog outside. It ran out and barked at EAR/ONS sitting on a fence watching . Then EAR/ONS just jumped down and ran into the home as his mother was trying to call police.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierra_College

So we know that he lived in long beach at some point. Im going to assume it was in the 80s. Has anybody found out where he might have been working. I feel like he probably moved down here after he was kicked off the force and then starred His killing spree..i can find where. He lived and that the housee was in His wifes name. But thats about all

I thought I read that it was a crane company (Sierra Crane Co ) that he worked for but can't find the details atm so it will have to be :cow: for now.

I also notice that he went to Sierra College. I have added a Wiki link for that above that shows him recently added/ listed as a "notable person" who attended.

found the dog repellant ingredient I recall!!
Methyl nonyl keytone:

https://www.google.com/search?q=methyl+nonyl+ketone+smell?&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Waxy, creamy and ketonic- kind of like peach, but artificial. Something about it “confuses” and repellent the animal- as well as person- who sniffs it!
Came on the market as a dog repellant in 1966, is less popular these days but still used. These days scent removers and pepper sprays are more common, but this was the thing marketed towards pets at that time.

I’m dying to have those victims take a sniff.

http://www.thegoodscentscompany.com/data/rw1021151.html

http://www.thegoodscentscompany.com/data/rw1021151.html

I don't find that very likely. We've seen plenty of husband/wife or boyfriend/girlfriend teams in rapes and murders and the woman always makes more of an appearance than a voice at one crime scene. That's probably a mistake from the author or maybe it was a neighbour tapping at the window and didn't come forward because she didn't want to get involved.
Or some of the girls friends...
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3872C7FC-D8AC-42ED-B6E6-92778CF4B66E.jpg
Time line and Graph I found online

I wonder if there is a crane company somewhere between long beach and goleta. Im guessing that he lived in long beach when he was killing in southern California. But long beach is pretty far from goleta. He would have to have had a job where he could be gone long enough to scope those places out. Maybe he started working on trucks down here too. Hmmm

Edit to add i assume his daughters were all born in southern ca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic