CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right - the missing years workwise are 79-91, they moved into CH house in ' 83, Kids born 81/86/89 , separated in 91when youngest was 2 years old. Perhaps he was at home in those years looking after the kids doing part time jobs. I know that sounds unlikely. The separation happened around the time his final job started.

This is pure speculation on my part, but I am starting to really think that after he was fired from the police department in 1979 he may have primarily become a stay-at-home husband, and in 1981, his first child was born.

His shoplifting conviction and termination from the police department was in 1979. His education and work experience was LE and with his conviction and subsequent termination, another position in LE would likely not have been an option. I think many employers would have been less than enthusiastic about a job candidate with a recent shoplifting conviction and termination as well.

He is tied to the Maggiore murders in March 1978, and after that, there were numerous attacks/rapes, but right after he was terminated from the police department is when it appears he began the series of serial murders.

JDD's first child was born in 1981 and there was no apparent criminal activity from 1981 to 1986, when the murder in Irvine occurred. He and his wife separate in 1991 and he gets a job at the warehouse.

I really am questioning whether he was employed from 1979 to 1991. I hope we find out.

JMO

That’s what I thought initially too, but then the crimes probably happened in the early morning hours of their anniversary, not after their anniversary dinner.

MOO

Maybe he was stealing her an anniversary gift? (Without her knowledge) I hate to say that. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a divorce attorney myself, it isn't unusual for me to see couples who have been separated for many years without getting a divorce. I typically see this in situations where there aren't any kids/joint assets, but that isn't always the case. Almost 100% of the time when one party contacts me to finally get a divorce after years of separation, it is because that party wants to get remarried again. I'm not an attorney in CA so I can't speak to CA divorce laws, but based on what we know at this point, I'm leaning toward both of them being pains in the *advertiser censored** and neither of them wanting to expose themselves to the invasive contested divorce process. Even as tumultuous as their separation sounds from the reports so far, each of them must have felt that filing for a formal divorce would result in an even more tumultuous situation and that outweighed the discomfort of the situation they were already in. There are many, many reasons (most non-criminal) that people would make this decision and it is usually a combination of financial and emotional.

I could be completely wrong, but that's just my 2 cents as someone who sees some weird situations every single day.....

As a divorce attorney myself, it isn't unusual for me to see couples who have been separated for many years without getting a divorce. I typically see this in situations where there aren't any kids/joint assets, but that isn't always the case. Almost 100% of the time when one party contacts me to finally get a divorce after years of separation, it is because that party wants to get remarried again. I'm not an attorney in CA so I can't speak to CA divorce laws, but based on what we know at this point, I'm leaning toward both of them being pains in the *advertiser censored** and neither of them wanting to expose themselves to the invasive contested divorce process. Even as tumultuous as their separation sounds from the reports so far, each of them must have felt that filing for a formal divorce would result in an even more tumultuous situation and that outweighed the discomfort of the situation they were already in. There are many, many reasons (most non-criminal) that people would make this decision and it is usually a combination of financial and emotional.

I could be completely wrong, but that's just my 2 cents as someone who sees some weird situations every single day.....

I guess it's hard for me to wrap my head around it. Not sure how going through a divorce would be worse than staying legally bound to someone you cannot stand.

Considering it’s now known that DeAngelo, was a sworn police officer while committing those crimes, why is it unbelievable to you that a fellow officer would assist?

Well, why would a rational, reasoning person set himself up for blackmail like that? One cop assisting another cop in getting away with murder and rape? And looking at it the other way, JDD, why would he want to bring on board someone who could rat him out at any time?

If another officer was involved, it would have had to have been in a way where he was completely clueless as to what was going on.

Well, why would a rational, reasoning person set himself up for blackmail like that? One cop assisting another cop in getting away with murder and rape? And looking at it the other way, JDD, why would he want to bring on board someone who could rat him out at any time?

If another officer was involved, it would have had to have been in a way where he was completely clueless as to what was going on.

Is there a link to this? I'm curious. This gets weirder and weirder.

LE has his DNA and it matches, but there also circumstances that can tie him into the crimes. Though he'd murdered before, and he was a serial rapist, the string of serial murders began after he was fired from his job as a police officer (stress and rage?).

Follow the quotes back. I'm just commenting on that line of discussion.

I did but didn't find anything to support that McGowan thought his fellow officers allowed him to escape on purpose.

LE has his DNA and it matches, but there also circumstances that can tie him into the crimes. Though he'd murdered before, and he was a serial rapist, the string of serial murders began after he was fired from his job as a police officer (stress and rage?).

Not really. He had already murdered Snelling and attempted to murder McGowan, a police officer in Visalia and murdered the Maggiores in Rancho Cordova hadn't he? I'll have to check the dates again. :confused:
(Yes just checked - the Maggiores were murdered in '78 )
So, as he had already murdered Snelling and the Maggiores, then additional murders to prevent identification and being caught became a necessity. You can only get the death penalty once. He nearly got away with it too.

So he was already a serial killer and serial rapist when he got fired for shoplifting the hammer and dog repellent. No way can it be blamed on the firing.

:cow:

http://abc7news.com/report-suspected-golden-state-killer-may-have-had-an-accomplice/3443482/
[h=1]Report: Suspected 'Golden State Killer' may have had an accomplice[/h]
Holes believes if DeAngelo did have an accomplice, it was only in the incidents involving assault, not homicide
Holes said there are four cases attributed to the East Area Rapist in which victims heard him speaking to someone else. In at least one case, a victim thought she heard a second voice.

Three of those cases were in Sacramento and one in Concord, Holes said.

I did but didn't find anything to support that McGowan thought his fellow officers allowed him to escape on purpose.

Well, yes, that’s the point. One poster here was trying to suggest that McGowen or other Visalia LEOs were in on it, and let JJD get away after shooting at McGowen. There’s no support for that from either LE or MSM. But that doesn’t stop some people from speculating.

MOO

Well, yes, that’s the point. One poster here was trying to suggest that McGowen or other Visalia LEOs were in on it, and let JJD get away after shooting at McGowen. There’s no support for that from either LE or MSM. But that doesn’t stop some people from speculating.

MOO

gotcha!
I rewatched the interview and articles.
Who knows if JJD had friends in the force that would cover for him. I guess we'll find out when the trial begins. Who were JJD best friends back then? Did he have any?

I still doubt he had an accomplice, but LE does have to investigate all angles.

MOO

Same here plus Holes has been wrong in the past. He didn’t think EAR/ONS was the VR until the day of his arrest. I give him credit for all the years of work he did but am a bit taken aback by all his interviews and now a book deal. A little too much and much too soon, IMO of course.

http://torontosun.com/news/world/golden-state-killer-tormented-victims-hubby-for-decades

Golden State Killer tormented victim's hubby for decades
For 30 years, David Witthuhn would answer the sickening phone calls.

His wife, Manuela Witthuhn, was allegedly murdered by suspected Golden State Killer Joseph James DeAngelo, 72, on Feb. 5, 1981.
But for the serial killer, sending a vivacious young woman to the morgue wasn’t enough.
We would get calls, creepy breathing calls,” David’s second wife, Rhonda, told Radar. “One time we had a call where he said, ‘I’ll kill you,’ or ‘I’m going to kill you!’”
The relentless torrent of bile-fuelled phone calls drove the family from their home to escape the Golden State Killer’s sick taunts.

“Well, why would a rational, reasoning person set himself up for blackmail like that?”

Do you consider serial rapists and killers rational?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces