CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Graduated in June 1972 with degree from Cal State Sacramento.

Then he did his internship with Roseville PD, then married in '73 and joined Exeter PD, living in Visalia, till '76, then to Auburn PD till '79.

So Cal State Sac = CCB '70-72
Exeter PD = VR '73-76
Auburn PD = EAR '76-79
SoCal = ONS '79-'86

Total = GSK

:cow:

Wow this is great info! Interesting points:
-he is still stealing things. That's fascinating and gives us an idea of how he may be still getting his "thrills" while no longer raping and murdering.
-That their interrogation lasted hours according to Holes. I know that doesn't mean they learned alot but it does mean he didn't lawyer up and end the interrogation immediately. Gives me some hope they got him to talk.
-Finally we know he was living in Auburn! I hadn't heard anyone confirm that yet. I grew up in the area and it makes sense to me he was committing his crimes further away from him home community. Auburn was way too small a place at the time to take the risk of attacking there, the Sacramento area gave him a better chance of not getting caught.

Absolutely no way imo. The interview and articles I linked earlier today make it clear what happened. McGowan went down and other officers went to his aid while the got away. McGowan's son is also interviewd. I think the thought he had killed McGowan - he almost did.
“McGowan went down and other officers went to his aid while the got away”

Are you aware of any documentation that states that other officers actually witnessed the shooting? I looked at the links from your earlier post and this is all I could find relating to the incident in question.

"I fell down the impact knocked me back and he continued to run throwing some items apparently taken in the area."

“McGowan suffered a minor injury, the bullet hit his flashlight.”

Not sure if it is posted anywhere, but what religion was GGK , did he go to a special school for that religion, or went elsewhere?
Is GGK a known church-goer, what about his victims, are most from similar religious/ethnic backgrounds?
speculation.
Just speculating probably Catholic.

I read some of the VR victims attended a Baptist church.

TY dotr and everyone for the Crimecon updates. Very interesting.

“McGowan went down and other officers went to his aid while the got away”

Are you aware of any documentation that states that other officers actually witnessed the shooting? I looked at the links from your earlier post and this is all I could find relating to the incident in question.

"I fell down the impact knocked me back and he continued to run throwing some items apparently taken in the area."

“McGowan suffered a minor injury, the bullet hit his flashlight.”

The video i saw showed him with his eye completely covered/bandaged. I'll check again.

-he is still stealing things. That's fascinating and gives us an idea of how he may be still getting his "thrills" while no longer raping and murdering.
-That their interrogation lasted hours according to Holes. I know that doesn't mean they learned alot but it does mean he didn't lawyer up and end the interrogation immediately. Gives me some hope they got him to talk.
-Finally we know he was living in Auburn! I hadn't heard anyone confirm that yet. I grew up in the area and it makes sense to me he was committing his crimes further away from him home community. Auburn was way too small a place at the time to take the risk of attacking there, the Sacramento area gave him a better chance of not getting caught.
“When he was arrested, they found numerous (a lot) of brand new items in his house that also were apparently stolen. It was the thrill.”

The above statement from Deputydawg’s post is about the earlier arrest of DeAngelo back in the 70’s for shoplifting, not the current arrest.

The video i saw showed him with his eye completely covered/bandaged. I'll check again.

Yes, that's correct he had an eye patch for some type of eye injury that was described as a minor injury. Do you have any links to documentation that states if there were any witnesses to the incident?

Yes, that's correct he had an eye patch for some type of eye injury that was described as a minor injury. Do you have any links to documentation that states if there were any witnesses to the incident?

I had a look at my link again and the video with McGowan"s son is no longer in the article. :confused:

I'll see if I can find it and link it separately. I don't know if the other officers who came to his aid actually saw the VR.

Hi curiousLR,

Yes re Auburn! I used to live in Placer County and worked in Auburn...this was the first time I'd heard he LIVED in Auburn during his Auburn PD time!

Re the new stolen items found "at his arrest" - I wrote it just as Holes said. Now, it hit me later...which arrest? It wasn't quite clear. I'm now thinking it was at the time of his 1979 arrest, and that was part of why he didn't fight his termination, that he was found with more items. However, it really was unclear. Either way, he had a need for a thrill. Grrr.

And yes, HOURS of interrogation is what Holes said. I'm thinking he said about 6, but to be honest, I can't be 100% on the number of hours. Age, LOL

Deputy Dawg! Shout out to my Placer County people! I grew up in Loomis so at the time Auburn seemed huge to me, ha!
I was assuming it was this arrest because I thought he was placed under arrest at the store when he was shoplifting and therefore his home was not entered. I would think if his home was searched back I the 70's that would have been a big deal. So many unknowns!

Deputy Dawg! Shout out to my Placer County people! I grew up in Loomis so at the time Auburn seemed huge to me, ha!
I was assuming it was this arrest because I thought he was placed under arrest at the store when he was shoplifting and therefore his home was not entered. I would think if his home was searched back I the 70's that would have been a big deal. So many unknowns!

Heeeyyyyyyy Placer County and Loomis!!!! I lived in Rocklin ;) and did work several times out of the Sheriff's substation right there in Loomis ;)
4 years of great memories.

Yeah, it's a little unclear what Holes meant re the other items. Hopefully, we'll find out more later!

One reason people like this manage to go so long unnoticed by family or friends is no one quite literally can conceive of such violence and cruelty and perversions. I was married to a very violent remorseless man,. He wasn't a serial killer but my children and I were in danger. My efforts to leave were thwarted time and again by my own family who found my stories of violence to be unbelievable. When I began compiling documents they refused to look at them, having already decided my stories were "too crazy" to be true.

I agree. This is something sexual assault and domestic violence victims face every day: A LOT of people's minds would much rather believe that the victim is lying than that the perpetrator is actually capable of such horrible things.

To some extent, we really want to believe that most people, and especially the people we know, are basically good.

I also wanted to say that I'm so sorry you had to go through that, and to commend you for the tremendous courage it took to get out.

And during some of the rapes he stabbed at the bed or cut the victims a bit. It seems like at first he only murdered when he had to in rder to escape, but then he got more and more used to the idea of just murdering. I think a lot of it was prgamatic, in that the murders would definately be reported, and vigorously investigated, so he didn't want that. But after he "had to" do it a few times, the damn just broke loose.

https://truecrimearticles.com/2018/03/13/visalia-ransacker-stolen-items/

This is a complete list of stolen items in the VR cases, whether he dropped or got away with them. It is available in the Wikilink that I have already posted so I think it is an acceptable source

Many piggy banks raided while cash was left, mainly female clothing and photos and often one earring of a pair was taken. Plus details of the weapons taken The weapon stolen and used in the next offence to murder Scnelling was found in a ditch 8 days afterwards.

His actions seem to be rage induced imo.

(Mods please delete if link not ok.)

Here you go, it's included in my original post.

Link to video interview with McGowen.
http://abc30.com/video/embed/?pid=3393354

This might help explain the police stakeout that night. If you go to the end of the list in my link above there are two picture graphics that show the route of both the VR and McGowan. Police were in the garage for the third night in a row. This helped explain to me why other officers in the garage may not have witnessed the VR remove his mask.

Absolutely no way imo. The interview and articles I linked earlier today make it clear what happened. McGowan went down and other officers went to his aid while the got away. McGowan's son is also interviewd. I think the thought he had killed McGowan - he almost did.
Right. Also... I would imagine if Officer McGowan had recognized Officer DeAngelo as the man who shot his flashlight out, McGowan would have mentioned that he knew who shot at him, a BOLO would have been issued toute suite (that's Franch for "right away"), DeAngelo may not have gone into work on his next scheduled day (or gone in to work on his next scheduled day whistling a happy tune), and for sure there would have been an internal investigation.

After posting this I did a little more research and it appears that the antenna is pointed to the NW, and directly at the Roseville Police Dept. which is about 4 miles away.

This is on his roof, too. I have no idea what it is but it sure is big.
8818548D-EE50-40DB-9917-35BB4C6FEEC5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member