CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reviewing older posts. Was this confirmed in MSM?

If it is true, then based on the warrant stating DNA from the EAR matched the homicides DNA - that's game over.

Heyya Shiressleuth

I have not heard any confirmation of this statement from MSM.
The podcast link was posted here, and I was under the impression
that the material within the podcast could be discussed, but unsure of its veracity.

Is there a SOL on civil prosecutions?

Eg. Could victims of those rapes and burglaries sue for their property losses and pain suffered?
Hypothetical question regarding a victim's potential "gains " ..
What if a rape victim, either one who is known, or especially one who is not, was impregnated by GSK and kept that child, could he be sued for support?
speculation, imo.

East Area Rapist / Golden State Killer - Media, Timeline, Photos - *NO DISCUSSION*

Here's a link to the media thread again.

Tip: if you click on the above it will always be in your history for easy access to add the links that we post here on the main thread. (I have to get some of the ones I have posted here added there too )
I like this new site because it gives related threads on the first page of each thread right under the first post, (at least it does on my iPhone) so if I’m looking for a media thread or older threads I can now easily find them there.

Just reviewing older posts. Was this confirmed in MSM?

If it is true, then based on the warrant stating DNA from the EAR matched the homicides DNA - that's game over.
I never saw it confirmed officially via MSM. It was said on the first day but then quickly denied thereafter by some “insiders” on the pro boards and Reddit sites.

Hypothetical question regarding a victim's potential "gains " ..
What if a rape victim, either one who is known, or especially one who is not, was impregnated by GSK and kept that child, could he be sued for support?
speculation, imo.
Yes. There is no statute of limitations for child support. Some adult children have even gone back and sued the absent parent for past child support and won here in California. It’s not done often but I have read legal decisions about it in the past.

I never saw it confirmed officially via MSM. It was said on the first day but then quickly denied thereafter by some “insiders” on the pro boards and Reddit sites.

I didn't see it confirmed either, just a casual account by one of the detectives watching his police interview of DeAngelo on questions around Visalia muttering words to the affect of "I locked that beast away. I've lived a good life."

They must be seeking to pin him on it though because Claude Snelling was referred to in the warrant iirc.

I didn't see it confirmed either, just a casual account by one of the detectives watching his police interview of DeAngelo on questions around Visalia muttering words to the affect of "I locked that beast away. I've lived a good life."

They must be seeking to pin him on it though because Claude Snelling was referred to in the warrant iirc.
I agree. I was glad to see that they included Claude Snelling in the warrant.

I find those muttered words fascinating. Shades of split personality? Or some kind of compulsion?

Yes. There is no statute of limitations for child support. Some adult children have even gone back and sued the absent parent for past child support and won here in California. It’s not done often but I have read legal decisions about it in the past.
My co-worker unexpectedly started receiving back child support payment for her 3 adult children from her ex. He had moved to Texas with his new girlfriend and ducked out of paying child support for years by doing freelance work. When the youngest turned 18, he got a salaried job and the State of CA attached his wages. She was surprised but very grateful to receive the money.

My co-worker unexpectedly started receiving back child support payment for her 3 adult children from her ex. He had moved to Texas with his new girlfriend and ducked out of paying child support for years by doing freelance work. When the youngest turned 18, he got a salaried job and the State of CA attached his wages. She was surprised but very grateful to receive the money.
I once worked as a paymaster in a big hospital and a man who have avoided his child support payments for thirty years, got a job with us and it all has to be above board with tax file numbers (your equivalent of SS numbers). He obviously thought that it had been too long to be caught, but it wasn't. My employer got a notice from the Tax Office that we had to take a percentage out of his wage and send it to them. I was given the instruction to do that, from my employer and he blamed me for it. He hated me as if it were my fault.

... "I locked that beast away. I've lived a good life."
I find those muttered words fascinating. Shades of split personality? Or some kind of compulsion?
Sounds to me like shades of denial and self-preservation. DeAngelo had to know he could never be charged and tried for the Visalia ransackings so why not admit to them and say he locked that beast in a closet and has led the life of an alter boy ever since? He must not have thought L.E. could pin the murder of Claude Snelling on him, but by admitting to being the V.R., he sank his own battleship. [ker-psssh!]

Btw... am I the only person who just assumed the DNA sample L.E. had in evidence from one of the EAR victims was what was used to link him to the subsequent murders he committed? Oh, sorry... allegedly committed! Sounds like your basic detective work to me. The touch-DNA collected by L.E. from his car door handle in the hobby store parking lot, and from a Kleenex in his trash can in front of his house was just to confirm, right?

But because DeAngelo had worked in L.E. (though likely to further his career as a serial killer more than to "Protect and Serve"), he had to know about the emergence of DNA technology by the mid 80's -- especially considering he likely kept a close watch on television and in the newspapers for updates on his crimes. That's why I think he stopped raping and killing after the murder on May 5th, 1986, and that's also why I think he led a clean life from that point on. He couldn't do anything about the past, but he knew he could not continue to leave his DNA at crime scenes for L.E. to nail him with. I suppose he could continue to murder people if he was very careful, but raping women had to stop. Even using a condom had to be too risky for him. Especially considering perps often leave little short and curly hairs behind. Hmm... were any pubes ever collected from any of the rape victims?

Sounds to me like shades of denial and self-preservation. DeAngelo had to know he could never be charged and tried for the Visalia ransackings so why not admit to them and say he locked that beast in a closet and has led the life of an alter boy ever since? He must not have thought L.E. could pin the murder of Claude Snelling on him, but by admitting to being the V.R., he sank his own battleship. [ker-psssh!]

Btw... am I the only person who just assumed the DNA sample L.E. had in evidence from one of the EAR victims was what was used to link him to the subsequent murders he committed? Oh, sorry... allegedly committed! Sounds like your basic detective work to me. The touch-DNA collected by L.E. from his car door handle in the hobby store parking lot, and from a Kleenex in his trash can in front of his house was just to confirm, right?

But because DeAngelo had worked in L.E. (though likely to further his career as a serial killer more than to "Protect and Serve"), he had to know about the emergence of DNA technology by the mid 80's -- especially considering he likely kept a close watch on television and in the newspapers for updates on his crimes. That's why I think he stopped raping and killing after the murder on May 5th, 1986, and that's also why I think he led a clean life from that point on. He couldn't do anything about the past, but he knew he could not continue to leave his DNA at crime scenes for L.E. to nail him with. I suppose he could continue to murder people if he was very careful, but raping women had to stop. Even using a condom had to be too risky for him. Especially considering perps often leave little short and curly hairs behind. Hmm... were any pubes ever collected from any of the rape victims?

It was the DNA that CCC had from the rape kits that was uploaded to find suspects. They then had suspects to investigate like JJD - they got the car door handle and tissue dna to then confirm it was him. We don't know what the rape kits contained but presumably semen, because they knew the perp was a non secretor. Would they have collected hair samples in the '70's as there was no DNA?

p79
"The ______[e] M.O. a[nd] _________ evolves over the course of the series."
______ M.O., 6/7 letter, ends in e?
and signature?

In my opinion, the redacted word is "unique"

As in, although many similar criminals share many features in their MO, the FIFTY stated links between the VR and the EAR altogether acted as a uniquely identifiable MO...

While he evolved (potentially from the Exeter Ransacker to the Cordova Cat and then) from the Visalia Ransacker to the East Area Rapist, before finally becoming the Original Night Stalker, many elements of his unique MO remained constant.

Theft of rare coins/stamps, blue-chip stamps, stealing loose change and piggy banks but regularly ignoring large amounts of cash. Talking to imaginary accomplices. Stealing single ear rings or cheap jewellery, but ignoring the expensive stuff, leaving multiple "escape routes", the use of canals/drainage systems to move around undetected, using stolen bicycles again and again, removing rear window screens and placing them in unusual places... Targeting numerous houses in the same street in a single night / weekend. Targeting the same victims homes repeatedly, breaking in weeks, months or even years apart. Phone calls before and after the assaults/crimes etc...

MOO...

In my opinion, the redacted word is "unique"

As in, although many similar criminals share many features in their MO, the FIFTY stated links between the VR and the EAR altogether acted as a uniquely identifiable MO...

While he evolved (potentially from the Exeter Ransacker to the Cordova Cat and then) from the Visalia Ransacker to the East Area Rapist, before finally becoming the Original Night Stalker, many elements of his unique MO remained constant.

Theft of rare coins/stamps, blue-chip stamps, stealing loose change and piggy banks but regularly ignoring large amounts of cash. Talking to imaginary accomplices. Stealing single ear rings or cheap jewellery, but ignoring the expensive stuff, leaving multiple "escape routes", the use of canals/drainage systems to move around undetected, using stolen bicycles again and again, removing rear window screens and placing them in unusual places... Targeting numerous houses in the same street in a single night / weekend. Targeting the same victims homes repeatedly, breaking in weeks, months or even years apart. Phone calls before and after the assaults/crimes etc...

MOO...

Have you seen the list of stolen jewellery in the warrant? (Link in media thread). I would not call it cheap.

I agree the word could be "unique" but why would they redact it? I think it is more likely "bondage", as someone else suggested because of the diamond knots used.

Not sure of the word after "and" though-

"Bondage/unique" MO and " ?"

"Unique" MO and "bondage" ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics