CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://people.com/crime/patton-oswa...r-golden-state-killer-arrest-i-was-zombified/

May 16, 2018

"For Patton Oswalt, the arrest of the alleged Golden State Killer brought about a torrent of emotions.

The actor and comedian’s late wife, Michelle McNamara, had made it her mission to catch the man linked through DNA to 12 murders, 45 sexual assaults and more than 120 burglaries committed in California between 1976 and 1986. Her bestselling book, I’ll Be Gone in the Dark, chronicles her tireless investigation of the long-cold case.

So when police arrested Sacramento-area resident Joseph James DeAngelo in April on multiple murder charges, accusing him of being the infamous serial killer, Oswalt had a strong reaction.

“I was just zombified for two days,” he told reporters including PEOPLE on Monday from the red carpet of the NBC Upfronts at Radio City Music Hall in New York City. “I didn’t sleep for two days after. ‘Cause we started getting pinged at like 3 a.m. with, ‘They caught him.’ And all the texts started coming in.”

Oswalt said the reality of the arrest still hasn’t sunk in.

“I have not processed it yet. It’s just too huge,” he said. “It would be false for me to be like, ‘Here’s how I feel,’ three weeks after. I’ve not
processed it yet. It’s too giant [and] surreal. Catch me again in a month.”

I found it quite fascinating that Ted Bundy was reported to have emitted a strange odor on several occasions. Once when he became extremely angry his aunt reported that his face became contorted and he suddenly emitted a strong, strange odor. Another time he became enraged in court and at that time he also suddenly emitted a strange odor. It wasn’t sweat, it was something else. These people are wired differently than us. Chemical changes causing odors is what I always assumed was happening with TB.

Several years ago I read a documentary book (Hostage to the devil) and listened to several interviews by Malachi Martin . Malachi was a highly respected author and official Roman Catholic exorcist .

He stated that authentic cases of demonic possession are quite rare , but some of the afflicted can lead seemingly normal lives.

The point I wanted to make is that over and over again people mentioned a "peculiar odor" around that person. Also at times their faces would become extremely contorted in a way that was completely un-natural.

I realize this topic is "way out there" for some people but when I read about the "odor" witnesses described during the assaults it made me consider JJD may be involved in such things. At the very least we would all agree that what he did was evil.

For those who want more info , the book is still in print , and YouTube has several of Malachi Martins interviews recorded.

@G

Case 53 podcast mentions a musty smell.
Wonder if JJD had clothes assigned as "kill clothes", as did BTK.
He ate a lot of junk food, toxins
not good for the metabolism.

Good point!

The vast majority of the ~80 people attacked in the EAR attacks (including the male partners) described JJD as having no noticeable odor at all.

One person stated they smelled cigarette smoke, and a small number noticed an unpleasant odor. Although JJD brought a new ski mask to virtually every attack, it is quite likely he had to re-use a pair of trousers of a jumper/jacket from times to time. Now that we know he was married for the entire duration of the attacks it makes it less likely that he could simply take his "attack clothes" home and wash them after each attack.

It has been established that on numerous occasions JJD would use an empty house (eg a newly constructed one or one that was for sale) close to the house of his next victim. It is quite likely that on the rare occasions where victims described an unpleasant, musty odor that JJD likely dumped some of his outfit from one attack in a vacant house that he was using as a temporary 'base', and then re-used the unwashed clothes in a later attack.

Plus, as several posters have pointed out, he was wearing heavy clothing to reveal as little of his physique as possible, sometimes on quite warm summer nights, and parking his car a long distance from the victim's residence and then jogging or riding a bicycle quite a long distance to the attack site, and then sometimes having to "lie in wait" for hours until his victims had fallen asleep. All of which would contribute to a musty odor! :)

MOO.

I found it quite fascinating that Ted Bundy was reported to have emitted a strange odor on several occasions. Once when he became extremely angry his aunt reported that his face became contorted and he suddenly emitted a strong, strange odor. Another time he became enraged in court and at that time he also suddenly emitted a strange odor. It wasn’t sweat, it was something else. These people are wired differently than us. Chemical changes causing odors is what I always assumed was happening with TB.

hormones?
ETA: Animals can smell fear. Why not anger or rage? I swear I can smell when someone is fearful or about to go into a rage.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...als-sweat-warn-person-feeling-aggressive.html

ty Kapua
I wikied.
Wow, what a beautiful expanse of vital watershed.
Good fishing for sure.

I've gone waterskiing there... really nice place to go boating. And yes, a beautiful area.

Thinking tonight of how a serial killer like JJD can go undetected for decades.

In order to do so, you have to be the kind of person who blends into society. When people say, "I never suspected", it's because of 2 things 1) the fact that the serial killer is able to blend in so well, and 2) how non-LE people tend to give others the benefit of the doubt. From the killer's perspective, it is a game of hide in plain sight. Nobody suspected that the grumpy grandpa down the street was a notorious serial killer.

This is out of the blue, but thinking of GGK's curious smell that was reported by some of his victims, this article came to mind, imo speculation, fwiw.
May 12 2018

Dr. Dee Mangin is one of the few doctors researching what happens when people stop taking antidepressants. As a teenager, the Connecticut woman was diagnosed with juvenile bipolar disorder, and was put on a number of anti-psychotic drugs, including high doses of antidepressants.

As an adult, she quit taking the drugs cold turkey. Like Linda Kooymans, she went through a very difficult withdrawal, which may have been compounded by the fact that she was on several medications.

Delano went through a raft of intense symptoms including mood swings, nausea, boils, migraines, and even a strange, smell that emanated from her skin.

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/whitecoat/i...y-antidepressants-difficult-to-quit-1.4658787
rbbm.

http://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2018/03/26/patton-oswalt-michelle-mcnamara

This is an amazing piece of information and I think you could be exactly right.

I Just had to pop in and mention this ......
WSR nailed it last year
(2 posts quoted from a closed thread)

--------------------------------------------------
WSR 08-02-2017, 05:08 AM
This guy is going to be a cop/military police or a cops kids in the Sacramento area. A Sacramento county sheriffs deputies kid would be my bet. His profile will be similar to a Westly Scott Roberts life. Check every deputy and cop in the towns hit and their sons, you will find him.

--------------------------------------------

WSR 08-02-2017, 08:53 AM
................ this E.A.R will be no different, he's somebody we will never expect and was somebody hiding in plain sight like LE or one of their kids. Search pictures, find people who fit description, add their locations and access to the areas of crime. It probably will not be a criminal, it will be a clean cut white guy in his early 60's that's either dead or living a quite normal life. We will find this guy this year!

Yup WSR had it nailed. A lot of people thought he may be involved with LE some way but this is amazingly specific and a great prediction.

Makes you wonder why LE didnt pursue this themselves before now.
I have to guess that some LE people at the time may have thought about him and decided to blow it off for some reason. Then as newer LE came on board they were not aware of the officer that was removed from the force because of the theft at the store.

I would hate to think that his superiors at the time of the theft may have thought about him possibly being GSK and did not pursue him for self preservation reasons and to protect the integrity of their department. That has crossed my mind a few times.

Yup WSR had it nailed. A lot of people thought he may be involved with LE some way but this is amazingly specific and a great prediction.

Makes you wonder why LE didnt pursue this themselves before now.
I have to guess that some LE people at the time may have thought about him and decided to blow it off for some reason. Then as newer LE came on board they were not aware of the officer that was removed from the force because of the theft at the store.

I would hate to think that his superiors at the time of the theft may have thought about him possibly being GSK and did not pursue him for self preservation reasons and to protect the integrity of their department. That has crossed my mind a few times.

Yes, kudos to WSR, s/he totally called it.

Hindsight is 20/20. But...

I fault the archaic LE system that didn't share information cross-jurisdiction. JJD knew this and took advantage of it.

The reason that serial killers are serial killers is because LE didn't catch them after their first murders. The reason that they are not caught before they commit multiple murders is because they are smarter than the average criminal, IMHO, and with due respect to Yogi Bear, LOL. But seriously, it stands to reason that someone who could so successfully evade LE would have a criminal justice background.

:cow:

Social media comments are considered rumour. Some posts and responses have been removed.

Please don't state information as fact without being able to back it up with a link.

Thanks.

Social media comments are considered rumour. Some posts and responses have been removed.

Please don't state information as fact without being able to back it up with a link.

Thanks.

I appreciate your disciplined approach to information.

A new article in the Sac Bee today, no really new information but the very last line seems to suggest that - as some have speculated - the $50 000 will not be given to anyone, as no tip was received which led to the arrest of JJD:

Despite the fact that authorities sought such tips from the public for years, hoping someone would help them break the case, they now say DeAngelo’s arrest stemmed from DNA evidence and their own investigation.

The $50,000 reward that was offered in the case, they say, likely will go unpaid.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article211209699.html

Yes, kudos to WSR, s/he totally called it.

Hindsight is 20/20. But...

I fault the archaic LE system that didn't share information cross-jurisdiction. JJD knew this and took advantage of it.

The reason that serial killers are serial killers is because LE didn't catch them after their first murders. The reason that they are not caught before they commit multiple murders is because they are smarter than the average criminal, IMHO, and with due respect to Yogi Bear, LOL. But seriously, it stands to reason that someone who could so successfully evade LE would have a criminal justice background.

:cow:
Serial killers are difficult to catch because they usually have no connection to their victims, not because they are smarter. Most other murders are commited by someone known to the victim.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog/shadow-boxing/201805/comparing-serial-killers-gsk-vs-btk

Comparing Serial Killers: GSK vs. BTK
Two 70s-era serial killers used similar predatory approaches.
May 17, 2018

"We haven’t yet heard from DeAngelo (aside from surviving victim statements about what he said to them), but it’s likely that if he does admit to anything, we’ll see similarities with Rader’s disturbing fantasy life and need for power.

McNamara noted common themes among lust killers that she anticipated for the GSK. “The future nightmare maker begins as an adolescent daydreamer. His world is bisected: violent fantasies act as a muffler against a harsh, disappointing reality. Perceived threats to his self-esteem are disproportionately internalized. Grievances are collected. He rubs his fingers over old scars. Violent fantasies advance to mental rehearsal. He memorizes a script and refines methods. He’s the maltreated hero in the story… His distorted belief system operates around a central vampiric tenet: his feeling of inadequacy is vanquished when he exerts complete power over a victim, when his actions elicit in her an expression of helplessness.”

She could easily be describing BTK. Rader admitted that he’d hoped to replicate the helpless faces of women he’d seen as an adolescent in another serial killer’s photos. “The image of the woman, staring, terrified, knowing death was coming, was frozen for me. It was part of my sexual fantasy the rest of my life. The best gratification.”

Found it! (h/t to shiressleuth)

All we know about Joseph DeAngelo, the Golden State Killer suspect who became a suburban grandfather

From the link:

These rages went back decades, Gorman said — to 1994, when DeAngelo left a voice mail threatening to “deliver a load of death” if the family’s dog didn’t stop barking.

Another neighbor, Eddy Verdon, told The Washington Post that three years ago he heard someone on his property, and opened his garage door to find DeAngelo mounting a bicycle to flee.

“I stared him down, and he looked at me nervously,” Verdon said. “I never really interacted with him again. Maybe it wasn’t such a bad idea.”

“We used to just call him ‘Freak,’ ” another neighbor, Natalia Bedes-Correnti, told the Bee. “He used to have these temper tantrums … usually because he couldn’t find his keys.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...suspect-was-normal-grandpa-according-to-teen/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro