CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I’m not convinced either but that’s all I could find about a possible connection between GSK and Australia.
https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/australia-mr-cruel-golden-state-killer-ear-links-12860517.php
this article written before the arrest today stated that investigators in Los Angeles had a suspect in mind who moved to Australia and wanted to know if there was a connection to Mr. Cruel. It is not clear if the suspect is the same one arrested today. Good work by all the people involved over the years to track and finally arrest the suspect!

Shoplifting dog repellant - I guess now we know why the dogs didn't go for him in the homes he broke into.

I wonder what he did after being kicked off the police force.

Shoplifting dog repellant - I guess now we know why the dogs didn't go for him in the homes he broke into.

I wonder what he did after being kicked off the police force.
Might explain the weird smell some victims said he had.imo

This is incredible! I wonder if we will be able to fill in holes about the timeline and why there was the movement of the rapist/killer east to East Bay and then south to Southern California. This not to mention the last known killing being in 1985.

Wow! I am very happy to hear this news! Michelle McNamara must be smiling down from heaven right now.

Is DeAngelo an Italian name? His DNA showed he was of Germanic ancestry.
ethnicity DNA profiles aren’t really an exact science. They’re based on human made algorithms that can be flawed. Ive had mine done and the ethnicity profile changes with every service I’ve uploaded my DNA to because different scientists use different algorithms. And most people of European ancestry aren’t purely 100% of anything. I have an Irish surname (I don’t mean a married name) yet have very little Irish ancestry according to my DNA. What is definite is that I’m a 100% mix of various European ancestries.

German and English are two that are very entwined. Some algorithms don’t separate them at all.

Im very interested to find out the Australian DNA connection.

It was in Michelle Mcnamara's book.

I guess that shows the shortcomings of taking too much notice of racial markers in DNA in a melting pot like the USA. Any white or mixed race person in the States could have Germanic ancestry, so African Americans with no white ancestors would be the only group you could rule out from DNA.

And of course we already knew he wasn't African American from the witness descriptions.

Interesting receipt found online in his name, with his shipping address listed as the address being searched in Citrus Heights, CA right now, but a billing address in his name in Exeter, CA (about 10 miles from Visalia, CA). I wonder why he used that address as his billing address. A connection to the "Visalia Ransacker?"

http://www.shopatron.com/packing_list?s=6777424&h=af69942213305c11c1fe830b705c010d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly