CA CA - Elaine Park, 20, Glendale, 28 Jan 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think I was very clear...I apologize

I meant (knowing the background of the family), if the police did have PC for a search warrant, what if the results, or even the fact that they did have a warrant and search the home/premises was not made public. I realize the family would not give consent for a voluntary search(nor would I if I were them, and they have attorneys advising them). At the same time, the attorneys could also get a gag order preventing the police from publicly disclosing any information regarding their dealings with the family (in the most extreme case) to "respectfully" asking LE to not disclose info (which they are not obligated to), until they have made a formal arrest, which at that point is public record...I was trying to say, (and was probably half asleep,) hopefully this was the scenario, and that is why we do not know much. It is very possible the property of the bf/ex-bf was searched, and if and evidence was seized this info has not been made public due to the nature of who the family is. Believe me, I understand the neighborhood and family dynamics probably better than most...

My second point was that if they did not have enough PC for a warrant then there was a very limited search so they have nothing really...which is all we know

You are absolutely right...denial to search property (or persons...like DNA) is not grounds for a warrant (although it would make me want to comb through and see what I could find that might give me PC)...although given the family, the grounds for PC is pretty high and before any warrant would be issued I guarantee any good attorney would challenge it for cause. Unless LE had searched immediately, (but given the time she went missing until LEs involvement) it gave whoever, or whatever (like video surveillance, the elements) time to destroy critical evidence that may have helped answer questions.

There will be an Elaine booth at the hometown country fair.
The Comperes home/guest house (where Elaine stayed) and property was not searched.
I had the same thoughts about her leaving. Idk How long the police watched. May be she went for breakfast and came back. Maybe someone showed up to see Div later that day...after he'd hurt Elaine...
Personally, I think she had a mental break. I think she will be found in the nearby woods, although alive in Santa Monica is another favorite theory. I wish TX Equusearch would come look for her.

It seems there are a lot of inconsistencies:

Footage shows them leaving the house in an Uber timestamped 1:05 am. Far too late to be going to a movie.
Footage shows Elaine going to her car at 6:05 without a purse, overnight bag, makeup bag or phone in her hand. All things found in the car later on. To me, clearly, she wasn't leaving, but maybe running out to her car to fetch something. Sun is coming up and sky is light.
Footage shows license plate leaving area. I think the timestamp said 7:15 (an hour difference for daylight savings someone said). But it's pitch black, not dawn.
Susan Park tries calling her and she doesn't return the call or texts. Another anomaly. Even though they weren't especially close, Elaine was good about returning calls and texts.
Her car suddenly appears four days later.

The only version of events that includes a "panic attack at 4:00 am" is from the boyfriend, so it's not evidence at this point. Also, what happened from 4:00 to 6:05 when she is seen calmly walking to her car?

Elaine and my daughter were friends in high school. She spent lots of time here at our house. While Elaine had her troubles, as her Mom has clearly stated, I in no way believe she committed suicide. I do wonder if timestamps were tampered with and if there's a way to find out. I don't understand how there isn't enough circumstantial evidence to allow for a SW.

I think about Elaine every day. I see my daughter in her place. I hope we can find her.

It seems there are a lot of inconsistencies:

Footage shows them leaving the house in an Uber timestamped 1:05 am. Far too late to be going to a movie.
Footage shows Elaine going to her car at 6:05 without a purse, overnight bag, makeup bag or phone in her hand. All things found in the car later on. To me, clearly, she wasn't leaving, but maybe running out to her car to fetch something. Sun is coming up and sky is light.
Footage shows license plate leaving area. I think the timestamp said 7:15 (an hour difference for daylight savings someone said). But it's pitch black, not dawn.
Susan Park tries calling her and she doesn't return the call or texts. Another anomaly. Even though they weren't especially close, Elaine was good about returning calls and texts.
Her car suddenly appears four days later.

The only version of events that includes a "panic attack at 4:00 am" is from the boyfriend, so it's not evidence at this point. Also, what happened from 4:00 to 6:05 when she is seen calmly walking to her car?

Elaine and my daughter were friends in high school. She spent lots of time here at our house. While Elaine had her troubles, as her Mom has clearly stated, I in no way believe she committed suicide. I do wonder if timestamps were tampered with and if there's a way to find out. I don't understand how there isn't enough circumstantial evidence to allow for a SW.

I think about Elaine every day. I see my daughter in her place. I hope we can find her.

Thank you so much for joining us, ScoutF. I wish the circumstances were different, and I am so sorry for what you and your daughter are going through. I also hope that Elaine's mom, Susan, is OK ....

Personally, I think it's entirely possible that the timestamps on the residential security footage -or not just the timestamps, but the whole video in general- have been tampered with - for whatever reason, and by whomever. At least the owners of the security system have the perfect resources for such tasks as I understand ... :(.

From your post:
"Footage shows them leaving the house in an Uber timestamped 1:05 am. Far too late to be going to a movie."
Indeed, the Help Find Elaine Park page posted:
"On the night of January 27th Elaine Park and [her BF] went to the AMC Promenade 16 - 21801 Oxnard Street Woodland Hills, CA. to see *advertiser censored*:The Return of Xander Cage a 10:45PM showtime. Ubering to and from the movie."
https://www.facebook.com/helpfindel...084324451150/1813200662339516/?type=3&theater
It makes no sense.

"Footage shows Elaine going to her car at 6:05 .... To me, clearly, she wasn't leaving, but maybe running out to her car to fetch something. Sun is coming up and sky is light." (Respectfully Snipped By Me for focus):
The bottom line is that there is no video of Elaine leaving the property. I do think it is entirely possible -even quite likely- that the particular footage is from 6:05, as the sunrise that day was at 6:23 AM PST.
https://www.wunderground.com/histor...reqdb.zip=91302&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=99999

"Footage shows license plate leaving area. I think the timestamp said 7:15 (an hour difference for daylight savings someone said). But it's pitch black, not dawn."
According to the post by the HFEP FB page above, the footage came from a plate reader. Could that explain the darkness (it focuses on the plate only)? In a separate post, the FB page admin said, "The Glendale PD said the Community CCTV time was off. one hour back/forth was not corrected." If so, Elaine's car exited the community gate at 6:15, but then I'm not sure where the GPD got the bit about the timestamp being off. As far as I'm concerned, the car could have left the gate at 6:15 or 7:15.
https://www.facebook.com/helpfindel...1799709287021987&comment_tracking={"tn":"R9"}

I hope that the GPD is analyzing the video footage to see if it has been tampered with. Perhaps they don't have the capability themselves, but surely they could request assistance from agencies such as the FBI.

Videos can be tampered with, but I don't see how anyone -with our without the best equipment and skills but without Elaine- could create a video of Elaine actually getting into her car and driving away. In my opinion, that is why no one is yet to produce footage of her leaving the property.

I get the impression that they have been and will continue to be extremely diligent to ensure that everything is done perfectly, so that it holds up in court because of who they are dealing with, which I'm sure makes things even more difficult and frustrating for those who truly care about Elaine. Where could she possibly be?

**Little known fun fact about Elaine!***

She acted as an extra in the movie "Crazy, Stupid, Love" with Steve Carell! What a beautiful young girl. :-(
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-22 at 10.30.51 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-04-22 at 10.30.51 PM.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 518
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-22 at 10.32.55 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-04-22 at 10.32.55 PM.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 524
Popping in for updates, but looks like nothing new and no posts for a week???
Praying she is found and we get some answers soon !!

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

I was unable to tune into Jimmy Kimmel last night, upon further research, I don't think he featured Elaine. I think the buzz was referring to one of the musicians on the show wore a t-shirt that said "Find Elaine Park".

Nonetheless, the word is spreading!

I really wish LE would get a new lead soon. I just checked the FB page and no new posts in almost a week. Why do you think it's gone so silent? ��

The only reason why this thread is not moving as quick as the others is because the last person to see her hasn't talked and lawyerd up. It's not fair. Other cases get a ton of coverage but this one has not because of that. We need to find Elaine and keep this case going.

I'm DISGUSTED that bf's home and grounds were not searched. Money talks. Had it been one of us, you can bet every square inch would have been searched. It's vile that because these jerks lawyered up, that Elaine may never be found. God forbid that this "prominent family" be made uncomfortable or have to "deal with" LE.

Sickening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm DISGUSTED that bf's home and grounds were not searched. Money talks. Had it been one of us, you can bet every square inch would have been searched. It's vile that because these jerks lawyered up, that Elaine may never be found. God forbid that this "prominent family" be made uncomfortable or have to "deal with" LE.

Sickening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed! I've always felt there needs to be tremendous pressure from the public and associates of those in the house.

I believe the media has been intimidated as well ever since an article was published and then edited to remove the intense comments pertaining to the family.

Since then the media has been pretty silent and nothing severely pointing at them.

Why do some cases get the FBI's attention and others like this one don't???? <modsnip>

Perfect example of a *probable* Hollywood "fixer" coming to the rescue of the rich and powerful. And yes, "Fixers" are definitely a thing, it's not just the Ray Donavan drama.

Hi Greater Than,

Sorry for my inappropriate remark. On second thought, that was not acceptable.

I am just frustrated to see some cases get SO much attention and other cases NONE! It makes me so sad.

I wish there was more I could do for Elaine.

Summer is coming and more people are hiking...it is a morbid thought but in that area and with the brush drying up more things are able to be seen (just scattered) OR everything burns because of fire season(but since it is FED property the person(s) involved usually get caught if determined arson)...that does give me some thoughts though...(not about setting fires but hiking)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back