CA CA - Elaine Park, 20, Glendale, 28 Jan 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is anyone a member of the NextDoor App groups for the malibu or Calabasas areas? Would be very helpful to be able to keep an eye out for additional post or suspicious behavior in the area that could potentially be a lead to Elaine's case or the other cases that are in the surrounding area (that to me seem to be counted :) ) P&T in advance !

ALRIGHT!1 I took a stab at plotting these on a google map-- In the map below I have marked the below things:

• Elaine's last known location and discovery site of her car
  • Bre's follow point
  • Theresa's follow point
  • Theresa's route from just before she was followed into her neighborhood
  • Bre's Route form just before she was followed into her neighborhood
  • Elaine's route, if she were going home to Glendale
Both woman, 3 separate times between them, were followed by the same care, same man - into Calabasas Village - They all shared the same routes on Mulholland drive. Which, out in this area, is the longest, and sometimes only access road... I've also routed what would have been Elaine's route from her boyfriends house to Glendale (where she lived, IF that is where she was actually going to)... Interestingly enough... she would have had to pass through these same locations that these women were followed, also in the early morning between 2am/3am - 6am. Hope this makes sense! :P

Feel free to click on and off the left side panel points to compare the instances together.

ELAINE PARK POSSIBLE CONNECTIONS - Google My Maps

ALRIGHT!1 I took a stab at plotting these on a google map-- In the map below I have marked the below things:

• Elaine's last known location and discovery site of her car
  • Bre's follow point
  • Theresa's follow point
  • Theresa's route from just before she was followed into her neighborhood
  • Bre's Route form just before she was followed into her neighborhood
  • Elaine's route, if she were going home to Glendale
Both woman, 3 separate times between them, were followed by the same care, same man - into Calabasas Village - They all shared the same routes on Mulholland drive. Which, out in this area, is the longest, and sometimes only access road... I've also routed what would have been Elaine's route from her boyfriends house to Glendale (where she lived, IF that is where she was actually going to)... Interestingly enough... she would have had to pass through these same locations that these women were followed, also in the early morning between 2am/3am - 6am. Hope this makes sense! :p

Feel free to click on and off the left side panel points to compare the instances together.

ELAINE PARK POSSIBLE CONNECTIONS - Google My Maps

Wow! I bow down to your Google map greatness! And general 'sleuthiness' :)

Wow! I bow down to your Google map greatness! And general 'sleuthiness' :)
yea... I'm starting to think that the location where her car was found may have mislead investigators regarding the direction she went when she left the property... I there is a possibility, she was going towards the freeway to get home, but was encountered by someone before she got there... I think very soon after she left the house... And her car's location has had investigators looking in the wrong direction for her... or for what happened to her...

NOW... the big question I have for my fellow sleuths out there... What do I do next? I'm local... I've been following this case since day 1... Any suggestions? Do I keep following this theory? If so... suggestions on what to do next? lol!

Ps... And Yes... I've already considered heading out to Mulholland in the middle of the night to see if someone follows me.. however, I drive the most OBVIOUS bright yellow car in the world and decided that it was not ideal... lol... (and... also... that it would also be stupid of me to do so because I could get hurt... ) --

::: would totally still do it tho ::: :cool:

yea... I'm starting to think that the location where her car was found may have mislead investigators regarding the direction she went when she left the property... I there is a possibility, she was going towards the freeway to get home, but was encountered by someone before she got there... I think very soon after she left the house... And her car's location has had investigators looking in the wrong direction for her... or for what happened to her...

I agree. I personally think this could be likened to a Showtime series where money and power can provide a lot to protection and help defusing situations. What a lovely spirit she had IMO and I check back here and think of her mom often. Great map, btw. Thank you.

NOW... the big question I have for my fellow sleuths out there... What do I do next? I'm local... I've been following this case since day 1... Any suggestions? Do I keep following this theory? If so... suggestions on what to do next? lol!

Ps... And Yes... I've already considered heading out to Mulholland in the middle of the night to see if someone follows me.. however, I drive the most OBVIOUS bright yellow car in the world and decided that it was not ideal... lol... (and... also... that it would also be stupid of me to do so because I could get hurt... ) --

::: would totally still do it tho ::: :cool:

NOOO< Please don't set yourself up as a decoy.

The most important thing would be to convince a detective to look into this car and driver. The cops are the ones that need to follow up on this guy. There is license plate number and 3 reports, including security guard as witness.

Keep putting pressure on various agencies. Lost Hills sheriffs?

Maybe the Pepperdine University police would be interested. Their large property borders on some of the affected areas and their female students and employees could be at risk. It is a very high profile and expensive private school.

NOOO< Please don't set yourself up as a decoy.

The most important thing would be to convince a detective to look into this car and driver. The cops are the ones that need to follow up on this guy. There is license plate number and 3 reports, including security guard as witness.

Keep putting pressure on various agencies. Lost Hills sheriffs?

Maybe the Pepperdine University police would be interested. Their large property borders on some of the affected areas and their female students and employees could be at risk. It is a very high profile and expensive private school.

That is a great idea! I’ll look into that! Anyone know who has Elaine’s case? Sherrif department? Or a local police department?

That is a great idea! I’ll look into that! Anyone know who has Elaine’s case? Sherrif department? Or a local police department?

Nice map!!!! I'd like to help you add more to it to include the Malibu shootings and other events. I ran a license plate check on the plate "5HLG173" but could not obtain information about the vehicle owner. But it did confirm that it was an 04 Toyota 4 runner. It also gave me the VIN number so maybe from there and with a better records search service I can get more info...

I have a very hefty map I made around the time that Elaine Park went missing. It was then that there were many women who were going missing and many who were witnessed being kidnapped.

I never felt that Elaine fit into the group with all those other women but the amount of missing in one area in CA is incredibly alarming.

Back in Feb 2017 there were talks of the SoCal girls having their own missing thread as there were so many of the them and so many similarities but I dont think that thread was ever created.

I have a very hefty map I made around the time that Elaine Park went missing. It was then that there were many women who were going missing and many who were witnessed being kidnapped.

I never felt that Elaine fit into the group with all those other women but the amount of missing in one area in CA is incredibly alarming.

Back in Feb 2017 there were talks of the SoCal girls having their own missing thread as there were so many of the them and so many similarities but I dont think that thread was ever created.
Perhaps PM either Trish or LilTexans or another Mod to see if a thread can be set up?

Add to SoCal list?

a friend sent me the articles below about Nancy Huter's Malibu Creek Park disappearance in 1992. Her shoes were found in the creek and her car at the park but her body wasn't found for over a year. Her body turned up on the point mugu naval base property after a brush fire exposed her remains. The case is, of course, unsolved.

A patrolled naval station with 24 hr surveillance seems an unideal choice for a body dump for the "ave" murderer. Hard not to see that as a big fishy clue.

THOUSAND OAKS : Search Abandoned for Missing Woman

Remains Identified as Missing Resident of Thousand Oaks

Add to SoCal list?

a friend sent me the articles below about Nancy Huter's Malibu Creek Park disappearance in 1992. Her shoes were found in the creek and her car at the park but her body wasn't found for over a year. Her body turned up on the point mugu naval base property after a brush fire exposed her remains. The case is, of course, unsolved.

A patrolled naval station with 24 hr surveillance seems an unideal choice for a body dump for the "ave" murderer. Hard not to see that as a big fishy clue.

THOUSAND OAKS : Search Abandoned for Missing Woman

Remains Identified as Missing Resident of Thousand Oaks

Maybe you should add a layer of "possibly fishy d/d" death disappearances to the map. For example:

For example..possibly fishy death/disappearance near Malibu?. . he admitted to supplying Jou with a lethal amount of drugs ...but then lies about where he dumped her body? Her body turns up a year +later in an abandoned marijuana field in challenging terrain...nowhere close to the ocean where he said he dumped her.

Human bones found in Malibu could be missing student Jou

do you mean like the incident on PCH when a truck pulled out unexpectedly to block the lane of an oncoming vehicle so they could rob / carjack the occupants?

In the case of the McStay family, their vehicle was abandoned at the border in San Ysidro but their remains were found 160 mile to the north 3 years later. A lot of theories were passed about for years as to why the vehicle was where it was. In other cases the victim's vehicle would be abandoned a lot closer to home. Jennifer Kesse was abducted and her car was found a mile from her home. Her case has yet to be solved. I think the location of EP's car is a red herring and will not be an indicator of her being close by. But what does makes sense to me of it's location is the fact that busses run down PCH every 30 minutes.

In the case of the McStay family, their vehicle was abandoned at the border in San Ysidro but their remains were found 160 mile to the north 3 years later. A lot of theories were passed about for years as to why the vehicle was where it was. In other cases the victim's vehicle would be abandoned a lot closer to home. Jennifer Kesse was abducted and her car was found a mile from her home. Her case has yet to be solved. I think the location of EP's car is a red herring and will not be an indicator of her being close by. But what does makes sense to me of it's location is the fact that busses run down PCH every 30 minutes.
I always found it interesting that her car was left close to the corral canyon trailhead which is an easy way to connect to the backbone trail.
Hike the Backbone Trail via Corral Canyon

It is mind boggling to me that Malibu LE takes such a lackadaisical approach to disappearances involving young, healthy individuals with no criminal record and strong social/ familial ties. LE's focus seems to default to putting responsibility back on the missing by hinting at possible mental health issues (females) addiction issues (males) or both (black females) gang crime (hispanic males) and all of the above (black males). But never ever is foul play promoted as a leading theory...

Among individuals who do not have confirmed diagnoses of serious mental health conditions involving themes of self-harm, suicide is a rarity. Milder forms of depression and anxiety are so common (and even less likely to produce grave outcomes) that these conditions are not very informative of someone's risk profile. It is a foregone conclusion that inquiries seeking to establish symptoms of depression will produce affirmative anecdotal evidence. This should not diminish investigation efforts as every effort should be made to verify the safety of people regardless of mental health issues or self-destructive tendencies. Depressed people can just as easily encounter accidental injuries or foul play.

If being a little depressed, stressed or crazy precludes crime victims from receiving a proper investigation in Malibu then I'd say most of the town is at risk. In my opinion, Malibu LE's frames cases this way to soothe public fears, lower expectations and avoid attracting unwanted media attention.

It is terribly wrong that Elaine's case and other missing person investigations have gone nowhere in a small town with tremendous resources and few competing crime priorities.

Who is "devine" that's mentioned in this thread? The <modsnip >guy that has the clothing store?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966
Back