GUILTY CA - Eliza Delacruz, 3 wks, Long Beach, 4 Jan 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He was inexperienced with guns for sure. It seems it was a small calliber gun, otherwise mom and uncle would be dead now. An experienced shooter, acquainted with different types of guns and ammo, would know that a single shot to the face with a small calliber bullet might not kill the victim. He clearly wanted to kill, at least the two victims shot in the faces, so if he knew that he wouldn't stop after one shot. The professional killer, gang member, would not use a small calliber gun and would assure that all the victims were dead before he left. This perpetrator didn't do it, he fired a single shot into each victim and did not check if they survived after that. But only three shots fired exclude a frenzy. A killer in a wild rage would fire till the last bullet. This perp most probably hated his victims (facial shots) but he was as cool as a cucumber.

Now, I'd have also a hard time imagining a frenzied perp taking Eliza away and killing her in such way that there were no external injuries visible. He was enraged enough to shoot three people in a brutal way, with a clear intent to kill. Why not to kill the child on a spot? He had a gun in his hand, all he needed to do was aim and pull the trigger (yup, that sounds horrible, I know). Why to risk, take her miles away and then dump in the rubbish bin?

And I somehow cannot shake this coincidence, that Eliza's father is a vet tech and her body was found in the bin near the vet office.

bbm: I didn't know that and that raises an interesting coincidence.....MOO

I hadn't heard that either. Very interesting.

I dont think that is correct. The body was found by the Mexican border. The family lived in Long beach, couple of hours NOrth.

He was inexperienced with guns for sure. It seems it was a small calliber gun, otherwise mom and uncle would be dead now. An experienced shooter, acquainted with different types of guns and ammo, would know that a single shot to the face with a small calliber bullet might not kill the victim. He clearly wanted to kill, at least the two victims shot in the faces, so if he knew that he wouldn't stop after one shot. The professional killer, gang member, would not use a small calliber gun and would assure that all the victims were dead before he left. This perpetrator didn't do it, he fired a single shot into each victim and did not check if they survived after that. But only three shots fired exclude a frenzy. A killer in a wild rage would fire till the last bullet. This perp most probably hated his victims (facial shots) but he was as cool as a cucumber.

Now, I'd have also a hard time imagining a frenzied perp taking Eliza away and killing her in such way that there were no external injuries visible. He was enraged enough to shoot three people in a brutal way, with a clear intent to kill. Why not to kill the child on a spot? He had a gun in his hand, all he needed to do was aim and pull the trigger (yup, that sounds horrible, I know). Why to risk, take her miles away and then dump in the rubbish bin?

And I somehow cannot shake this coincidence, that Eliza's father is a vet tech and her body was found in the bin near the vet office.

BBM As I recall there was a vet office in the strip mall where baby Eliza was found but that is not where the father worked and as Katydid mentioned it is 2 hours away from where she was abducted. IMO there is not a link between the two. MOO

I figure the family has a lot of fear. I get that. That's one of the reasons I believe they aren't talking or being helpful in the investigation. Whoever did this meant business. They not only shot the three adults in the house, but took that baby, them killed her. Someone with a purpose. Someone who was teaching a lesson.

I see the grandmother's involvement in it as her being innocent and not privy to whatever was going on in that house. She probably doesn't know any more than anyone else, beside the people in the house.

I'm not trying to accuse anyone of anything but we deal with human nature here. People do things. They are not all upstanding citizens. People make mistakes. People live their lives the way they have to to survive. What makes sense to one doesn't necessarily have to make sense to someone else. That's the element I'm trying to project in my theories, without accusing anyone of anything.

I'm trying to decipher the clues we have in this case and like it or not, this is where it's leading me. I don't like it but I'm trying to be realistic here. Maybe LE said all those glowing things because that's what the family told them, even if LE knows better. They can't just accuse them of being drug dealer for instance without any proof so yeh, they are going to take the "no known problems or crimes" tact in the media. IMO, JMO, MOO.

I figure the family has a lot of fear. I get that. That's one of the reasons I believe they aren't talking or being helpful in the investigation. Whoever did this meant business. They not only shot the three adults in the house, but took that baby, them killed her. Someone with a purpose. Someone who was teaching a lesson.

I see the grandmother's involvement in it as her being innocent and not privy to whatever was going on in that house. She probably doesn't know any more than anyone else, beside the people in the house.

I'm not trying to accuse anyone of anything but we deal with human nature here. People do things. They are not all upstanding citizens. People make mistakes. People live their lives the way they have to to survive. What makes sense to one doesn't necessarily have to make sense to someone else. That's the element I'm trying to project in my theories, without accusing anyone of anything.

I'm trying to decipher the clues we have in this case and like it or not, this is where it's leading me. I don't like it but I'm trying to be realistic here. Maybe LE said all those glowing things because that's what the family told them, even if LE knows better. They can't just accuse them of being drug dealer for instance without any proof so yeh, they are going to take the "no known problems or crimes" tact in the media. IMO, JMO, MOO.

I don't believe that LE said that just on the families word. LE can look at criminal records and they can look at all the vehicles and search the home. They can check the dispatch logs to see if they had ever been called out there. I think if they had found any evidence of drugs/gangs/crimes , imo, they would have said so.

I just hate to see the father victimized again, by public accusations, if he is truly an innocent victim.

BBM As I recall there was a vet office in the strip mall where baby Eliza was found but that is not where the father worked and as Katydid mentioned it is 2 hours away from where she was abducted. IMO there is not a link between the two. MOO

But we don't know dad's employment history, do we? We don't know his and his employer links on the vet market in Cali. I wouldn't dismiss a possibility of a connection that easily.

Agree to disagree. There is a reason why there is no news media on this case. The family is not being cooperative with LE. Why? It's not that LE doesn't care about Eliza or who killed her, but they have to have something to go on. Where do they get that? The starting place is the family. If they won't come clean, then there isn't a lot they can do. IMO.

But we don't know dad's employment history, do we? We don't know his and his employer links on the vet market in Cali. I wouldn't dismiss a possibility of a connection that easily.

We don't even know his name, do we??? We know next to nothing. This whole case is just bizarre. IMO.

He was inexperienced with guns for sure. ..

Inexperienced with guns for sure? Police sometimes shoot someone multiple times at close range and miss. This guy hit two people with two shots in the head. And managed to wound the third one.
So I don't think an inexperienced person would have been able to do that.

We don't even know his name, do we??? We know next to nothing. This whole case is just bizarre. IMO.

Sounds like father has an alibi. He was at work on Saturday. Body of the infant was found several hours drive from home on Sunday. Dumpsters were empty on Saturday morning. Father was in the hospital after the shooting.
If that's verifiable then sounds like father has a good alibi.

I really don't think anyone is victimizing the father. Speaking only for myself, I haven't been looking just at the father. Wonder why that keeps coming up. A bunch of people lived in that house as far as I understand it. I also don't take it as a fact that the family is not cooperating. They may have been asked not to speak in the media right now. The motive for these terrible crimes is a complete mystery, but it does seem like there's a strong motive to do something so horrendous to a family.

Inexperienced with guns for sure? Police sometimes shoot someone multiple times at close range and miss. This guy hit two people with two shots in the head. And managed to wound the third one.
So I don't think an inexperienced person would have been able to do that.

He might have some experience with shooting, but he did not know much about the guns and ammunition. That's what I meant.

I also agree to disagree. I don't know anything about any of the people....but I can tell you there are plenty of criminals and they haven't all been caught and don't have police records. Some people are very good at being very bad. I'm also not saying anyone in this family is a criminal. Just surprised that anyone would think police know every bit of criminal activity out there. They don't.

Imagine if Baby Eliza was still missing and they didn't know she was deceased. Would someone have supplied more info by now? I'd think in the 12 hrs. or day the baby was considered kidnapped and just missing that any info from the family, mainly the father not as badly injured, was shared with LE urgently so they could find the baby. Does this mean no one had any idea after all who did this?

Now, instead of this shooter having charges of attempted murder and kidnapping, the charges will be Murder. They might be eligible for a Death Penalty trial. Maybe it'd make anyone who wants to "snitch" extra afraid. I say do the right thing, don't protect a baby killer, you'll be protected, and there's that $25,000 reward.

I really don't think anyone is victimizing the father. Speaking only for myself, I haven't been looking just at the father. Wonder why that keeps coming up. A bunch of people lived in that house as far as I understand it. I also don't take it as a fact that the family is not cooperating. They may have been asked not to speak in the media right now. The motive for these terrible crimes is a complete mystery, but it does seem like there's a strong motive to do something so horrendous to a family.

Exactly. There was a strong motive of some type for someone to do something to this family. And you are right, I don't see where anyone singled out the father. I have been referring to "the family."

The only way the family is completely innocent and not having done anything at all in any way to bring this to their doorstep is if it's a case of mistaken identity, as in whoever did this was after someone else and thought they lived in that home. IMO.

He might have some experience with shooting, but he did not know much about the guns and ammunition. That's what I meant.

I'm wondering if the shooter didn't know exactly what he was doing when he shot each one once. Like it was a warning, a shot to hurt, not to kill. The gun and ammo selected could have been intentional because he didn't want to kill. IMO

Imagine if Baby Eliza was still missing and they didn't know she was deceased. Would someone have supplied more info by now? I'd think in the 12 hrs. or day the baby was considered kidnapped and just missing that any info from the family, mainly the father not as badly injured, was shared with LE urgently so they could find the baby. Does this mean no one had any idea after all who did this?

Now, instead of this shooter having charges of attempted murder and kidnapping, the charges will be Murder. They might be eligible for a Death Penalty trial. Maybe it'd make anyone who wants to "snitch" extra afraid. I say do the right thing, don't protect a baby killer, you'll be protected, and there's that $25,000 reward.

I agree, and $25K is a nice chunk of change for someone who lives in that area. One would think that would loosen some lips. With $25K in their pocket, they can move to a nicer place.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back