CA CA - Elizabeth Short 'Black Dahlia', 22, Los Angeles, 15 Jan 1947

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sharyne, thanks for the link!

Just as an aside - the headshot published in that story is just beautiful. I wish the fashions and hairstyles of that era were still popular...

The criss-cross marks are pretty unnerving, aren't they?

I think if Hodel's son had not made such a big deal of those pictures the rest of the circumstantial stuff he's turned up would be taken more seriously. It's always the first (and mostly only) point of debunk raised in argument against him.

I read an interesting quote from LE regarding Jack Anderson Wilson (aka Arnold Smith), a prime suspect. I'll link it when I can find it again, but it basically said that if Wilson hadn't died in a fire he'd probably have been charged for the murder, as the evidence against him was pretty strong, and he was LE's no.1 contender after his confession in the 80's.

Marcel Duchamp Etant Donnes looks pretty close to Elizabeth Short one thing I think they over looked is the cypress trees next to the lamp,cypress trees usually represent death in art. http://207.56.179.67/steve_hodel/2009/08/black-dahlia-crime-scene-inspi.html http://megyoung.org/duchamp/ Also take a look at Man Ray's works on http://www.manraytrust.com/ you have to go to image archive then to Man Rays digital photo library.Look under "Photographies" take a look at page 54 titled Juliet she's laying in the same position and on page 56 take a look at the Mr and Mrs Woodman figures in 1947.Man Ray had a fascination with Marque De Sade.

Steve Hodel now claims his father was also the Zodiac. It seems George Hodel was a bad person but Steve Hodel claiming his father is the Zodiac makes his claims about the Black Dahlia case less credible by association.

Thanks, killer chaser, for those links.

And I have to agree, Duckie... Hodel's really pushing things, there. His dad'll be EAR/ONS and the Kennedy assassin, next.

Which is not to say that his dad might NOT have killed women at some point. I think Jr. needs to quit with the famous-case theories and get back to solid policework - just the facts, ma'am. If his dad -did- kill people, there will either be evidence, or there won't, in the end. And if so, the victims could be completely off Jr's theory-radar.. which he won't find, if he's chasing a non-existent link to Dahlia and Zodiac and Lord knows what else. Bad call, for sure.

One good thing about authors like this, however, is that they sometimes do a heap of background research on the case in general that I sure couldn't manage (usually to disprove somebody else's theory, lol). So I might buy the books just for that, if I know they're good at research.

Thanks, killer chaser, for those links.

And I have to agree, Duckie... Hodel's really pushing things, there. His dad'll be EAR/ONS and the Kennedy assassin, next.

Which is not to say that his dad might NOT have killed women at some point. I think Jr. needs to quit with the famous-case theories and get back to solid policework - just the facts, ma'am. If his dad -did- kill people, there will either be evidence, or there won't, in the end. And if so, the victims could be completely off Jr's theory-radar.. which he won't find, if he's chasing a non-existent link to Dahlia and Zodiac and Lord knows what else. Bad call, for sure.

One good thing about authors like this, however, is that they sometimes do a heap of background research on the case in general that I sure couldn't manage (usually to disprove somebody else's theory, lol). So I might buy the books just for that, if I know they're good at research.

I thought the Exquisite Corpse was the better of the two. http://exquisitecorpsebook.blogspot.com/ In the book they say that Vincent Price was in the circle of friends,how strange they used a Frank Lloyd Wright home in House On Haunted Hill 1959 http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=house+on+haunted+hill

There is this idea that murderers are solitary in their work and hide their crimes. Usually, that's because they are around people who would turn them in for their deeds. But, what if they found themselves around people who'd compliment them on their murders and give them style pointers and other tips? Maybe Hodel's father associated with such people (somehow) and this is why he's suddenly pinning all these murders on his father? Because I agree, I don't think it's possible his father did all famous murders and remained uncaught.

In the Elliot Ness time era there was an Ohio Butcher.
He also cut people in half and beheaded them and did all kinds of stuff to the bodies.
Wonder if he was ever in California too?
:twocents:

In the Elliot Ness time era there was an Ohio Butcher.
He also cut people in half and beheaded them and did all kinds of stuff to the bodies.
Wonder if he was ever in California too?
:twocents:

The December 1938 purported Butcher letter, signed "X", supposedly came from California.

Regarding the Kingsbury Run murders (aka Cleveland torso murders) - I think there's definitely good reason to look into a possible link. Torture, binding, sexual mutilation and bisecting are all present, along with the obvious cutting up of the victims. There's some significant differences, also - Betty's head being not only intact but part of the 'display', for one.. whereas the Cleveland killer preferred to remove the heads.

Mutilated torso found in river, April 1929, Los Angeles: http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...IBAJ&dq=los angeles mutilated&pg=2582,3577959
Suspect for this arrested, though: http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...AAAAIBAJ&dq=los angeles torso&pg=4598,5689499

1939, Los Angeles Seeks Torso Killer.. http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...DAAAAIBAJ&dq=los angeles torso&pg=5758,983720

More on the letter: http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...AAAAIBAJ&dq=los angeles torso&pg=4465,3600211

Stan - how very weird is it, though, that this Mary Kelly-like murder is concurrent with Thames Torso-like murders... Like history repeating. Gives me a (highly illogical) shiver.

Probably not linked -- but here's another murdered LA beauty with a generous boyfriend nicknamed "Red..":

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...AAIBAJ&dq=los angeles murders&pg=4970,1400347

Betty's killer thought to be a woman: http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...AAAAIBAJ&dq=los angeles torso&pg=1286,5253371

[
QUOTE=Duckiegirl;9840929]Steve Hodel now claims his father was also the Zodiac. It seems George Hodel was a bad person but Steve Hodel claiming his father is the Zodiac makes his claims about the Black Dahlia case less credible by association.
[/QUOTE]

I agree, alhtough I never really found Hodel all that credible when he came up wih the Zodiac claim, that ended any chance of anyone taking him seriously.

I'm pretty sure next He's gong to claim his father was on the grassy knoll in Dallas.

I do think his father was up to no good. But what he did is anyone's guess. I figure abortions or something of this nature. I think that is what happened to to jean a botched abortion. So perhaps there is a link with Hodel's father and Jean.

I do think his father was up to no good. But what he did is anyone's guess. I figure abortions or something of this nature. I think that is what happened to to jean a botched abortion. So perhaps there is a link with Hodel's father and Jean.

A man wrote in to Hodel's site and said Hodel's father raped his (the man writing) mother. The mother had some sort of 'female problems'. She sought assistance from Dr. Hodel. This was not in the U.S. But, it was somewhere Hodel's father ran off to for a while. The woman and her husband might have been missionaries. The first visit, the woman brought her son (to sit in the waiting room). He said Dr. Hodel looked at him very coldly. After that, his mother went to her visits alone. Things escalated... he didn't attack her right away. Anyway, the man gives his name and his mother's name. However, as bad as what Dr. Hodel did to his patient, he didn't KILL her. But then again, she stopped going to her appointments.

I'm not saying Hodel's father did all these notorious crimes. But, I believe it's probable he at least did things as described above. He may have said some exceedingly strange things in his son's presence as well... IDK....

Sharyne, thanks for the link!

Just as an aside - the headshot published in that story is just beautiful. I wish the fashions and hairstyles of that era were still popular...

The criss-cross marks are pretty unnerving, aren't they?

I think if Hodel's son had not made such a big deal of those pictures the rest of the circumstantial stuff he's turned up would be taken more seriously. It's always the first (and mostly only) point of debunk raised in argument against him.

I read an interesting quote from LE regarding Jack Anderson Wilson (aka Arnold Smith), a prime suspect. I'll link it when I can find it again, but it basically said that if Wilson hadn't died in a fire he'd probably have been charged for the murder, as the evidence against him was pretty strong, and he was LE's no.1 contender after his confession in the 80's.

You're welcome. I guess I'm a generation later, I like the clothes style in those days, but prefer the hair style of the 50's *grin*.

I thought he (Hodel's son) was very convincing to me, of the documentaries I've seen on TV. Don't remember hearing about other suspects, but then I haven't really followed the case very closely. I have an older friend who was dating a cop at the time her body was found, and he showed her pics that she never heard or saw on the news. LOL, not my kind of date, that's for sure.

A man wrote in to Hodel's site and said Hodel's father raped his (the man writing) mother. The mother had some sort of 'female problems'. She sought assistance from Dr. Hodel. This was not in the U.S. But, it was somewhere Hodel's father ran off to for a while. The woman and her husband might have been missionaries. The first visit, the woman brought her son (to sit in the waiting room). He said Dr. Hodel looked at him very coldly. After that, his mother went to her visits alone. Things escalated... he didn't attack her right away. Anyway, the man gives his name and his mother's name. However, as bad as what Dr. Hodel did to his patient, he didn't KILL her. But then again, she stopped going to her appointments.

I'm not saying Hodel's father did all these notorious crimes. But, I believe it's probable he at least did things as described above. He may have said some exceedingly strange things in his son's presence as well... IDK....

I posted the link to this a few pages back with details from Hodel's son. Trying to find it to see if it is the same instance! You and me December - same brains! ;)

Another victim's of Hodel's asserting that in 1958 she went to him for "female" problems and he raped her when she was working in Asia:

" ANOTHER SAD AND TRAGIC STORY

Los Angeles, California

I recently received an e-mail from Alan Robison, who informs me he is the son of one of Dr. George Hill Hodel's former victims. The crime reportedly occurred in Manila, Philippines circa 1958.

Here then is Alan's telling of the crime, in his, and his mother's own words. (I have omitted certain parts of his narrative, which are not directly related to the actual crime, and which I believe should remain private and confidential.)

Dear Mr. Hodel,

My name is Alan Robison. I am 61 years old. My mother's name was Bess Robison. She died in 2009. My father died in 2012. I had been caring for him for fifteen months and he was suffering from five separate diseases.

<modsnip>

Ken Alan Robison

See below obituary describing Bess Robison's life of service as a missionary"

http://207.56.179.67/steve_hodel/2013/03/victims-son-discloses-1958-man-1.html

Here ya go December! This the one?

2Hip2BSquare, that is exactly the one I meant. I'm glad you posted that link.

I agree, alhtough I never really found Hodel all that credible when he came up wih the Zodiac claim, that ended any chance of anyone taking him seriously.

I'm pretty sure next He's gong to claim his father was on the grassy knoll in Dallas.

To his credit, I'm sure the guy has unhealthy doses of PTSD/paranoia that both come along with figuring out your dad is a prolific psychopathic murderer...IMOO

But yeah the Zodiac thing threw me off, truly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopE
Back