CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara, #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me a" dorm" is several rooms on a hall with bathrooms on each end of the hall that has multiple toilets and showers.
These apartments he lived in (there are pictures on the website) are what I would call Student Housing.
Basically a minimally furnished (bed, desk, couch, tv, kitchen table, fridge, stove and oven)
one or two bedroom apartment with one or two bathrooms a kitchen and a den.
They are" housed" two students per room.
There may be an option to live alone, I'm not sure. There were several different floor plans.
http://capriiv.com/plans
http://capriiv.com/gallery
All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

He never seems to explain where this fixation of tall blondes comes from either. I'd expect him to name drop a few famous females who he sees fit to adorn his arm but no mention of Monroe, Pamela Anderson, Lady Gaga and he's never mentioned once of any time he's spoken to a brunette or redhead so it really does appear that no girl (apart from Maddy or his sister) speaks to him regardless of their colour of hair.

He was biracial. He hated it (like he hated everything). He dyed his hair blonde on two occasions because he would look more white and cool and that would attract what he believed to be the ultimate trophy ... a tall, hot, white blonde. His little racist rants about Black, Hispanic, and fully Asian men getting attention from these women he believed should be with HIM, were hard to read.

I don't think he name dropped because he honestly didn't believe even those celebrities were good enough for him. He talked very harshly about one of the male actors of the Hunger Games (I don't remember the name). He called one of the female actresses the "c" word just because the photographers wanted to take a picture of her. He talked horribly about a screenwriter friend of his fathers who did reach out to him. No one was good enough!! Nothing was good enough.

Someone else here made a very good point. Even IF he had all these young hot blondes fawning over him... he would have found another reason to think they were beneath him.

i saw that last night too, and cant recall how I go thtere! My belief is that is a placement his parents made when he was younger because they had resources, got educated on their sons illiness. IN that kind of setting the high functioning can do quite well - it is very orderly, everything happens at the same time and medications are monitored.

THe parents have been awesome - they did the best they could with what is a tough tough illiness.

The notified authorites on more than one occasion, becasue they UNDERSTOOD, that as a result of his illiness, he could become dangerous - hats off to them.

The illiness has nothing to do wiht parenting - the angle of parenting that can be quite helpful are parents that understand that child is suffering, listen to their clinicians, try to learn about their kids problems and do the best they can.

And I do believe they will come forward and we will learn a lot - they will be honest they understand he was sick,, not a bad person, not a mean person a sick person -- there is a world of difference.

:wave:

Thanks - that's it!

Here's the link: http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014...son-is-gunman-in-deadly-isla-vista-shootings/

Here's the link to ILI which appears to be located in SB, 10-15 min drive away from IV. Perhaps that is the facility the parents hired the social trainers through??:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Independent-Living-Institute-LLC/199713626716335?filter=2

So ... I'm still not seeing The Capri, located in IV where ER lived, as anything beyond a typical dorm. JMO

Conflicting reports - agreed!

But my current read on this topic is:

JMPO, The attorney tried to soften the blow-back toward the parents by suggesting ER was living in a padded walled fully assisted living environment for those who need lots of extra help due to physical or mental issues in order to suggest the parents had been doing everything they possibly could have done to properly manage ER's very obvious mental illness. JMVHO

Back to reality, "very disturbed" ER was living in a typical IV dorm.

I could be very wrong.

I have a feeling you are close to the truth here, Quester... :yes:

JMO

There have been lots of compasions to Luka here. Worlds apart. Luka online activity is Narcissism based.

ER relationship (why the 140 page written piece). with You Tube is his effort to discharge his lonliness and rage. Think about it, he has minimal social skill set, noone to talk to.

So he "vents", alone behind a camera. A desperate attempt to be understood and heard, but no skills to do so.

We all "talk" about issues to friends - the individual with these illiness have no social outlets ..... and becasue he was high functioning he had the cognitive ability to speak and need to release.

He had no one to talk to becasue he did not have the social skill set same thing for the pained writings, behind a pen, alone on paper - a place to vent .....

It is not a dorm, to me. They have all kinds of staff to help their residents.

We have three colleges/ universities where I live and there are no apartments like this. But, I don't live in affluenza land either

Both our University and Community College here (Florida) offer what they call "apartment style living." They are not dorms. And there are many different "neighborhoods" you can choose from. Some of these apartments are nicer than my own. :facepalm:

Repectfully, you are. If you look at the parents, when he was a minor they could make those choses (placement - which they did special settings).

When he became an adult the parents cant force him to live anywhere. Its the law. MOm and Dad could bring him to us. When he is an adult he cant be forced (unless danger) to therapy one time per week.

IN his writings he described , if I recall correctly, mom having concerns about him moving away, but its the law

and if mom and dad come forward we are going to see pained , frustrated caring people, who ran into a system wherein resources are scarce.

I firmly believe, that he was as high functioning as he was (able to dress, cook,etc) because his parents were there.

If you took the same child, and he was raised in a family making 40000 a year, that beleived mental illiness was BS would have had a totally different individual.

A lot of it is about money sorry and education level of parents, and siblings etc

I haven't finished the manifesto yet but, I keep hearing about an incident where Elliot went to a party, got drunk, someone assaulted him, and/or he assaulted someone and he ended up with a broken leg? Something like that. Anyhow, with that in mind, did he maybe have some kind of 'assistance' getting around for awhile after that? Just a thought.

He was overcome with jealousy (over people having a good time and females talking to boys and not him), after exchanging insults, he tried to push people off the ledge. Instead they pushed him and his leg was broken. But they did it in self-defense by his own admission.

What they do is it is 4 bedrooms and in the same place the 4 share a kitchen and restroom stuff, and there would be like a living room that they all share to . Like one apartment, with four bedrooms, a kitchen, living room. bathroom all enclosed in one "unit".

ANd Id bet we will find out mom did not want her child alone so this was the next best thing.

It is not a dorm, to me. They have all kinds of staff to help their residents.

We have three colleges/ universities where I live and there are no apartments like this. But, I don't live in affluenza land either

Conflicting reports - agreed!

But my current read on this topic is:

JMPO, The attorney tried to soften the blow-back toward the parents by suggesting ER was living in a padded walled fully assisted living environment for those who need lots of extra help due to physical or mental issues in order to suggest the parents had been doing everything they possibly could have done to properly manage ER's very obvious mental illness. JMVHO

Back to reality, "very disturbed" ER was living in a typical IV dorm.

I could be very wrong.

I would have to agree. He doesn't describe anyone from this supposed assisted living facility helping him with his social skill training or anything like that in his manifesto.

His statueof the naked male is what one of the most classic art pieces in the history of mankind no? It not like dad was taking picutes of female butts 4 inches away - the naked body can be pretty and non sexualized

They are actually quite stunning , Playboy is far more sexual ..........Really neat pics actually nothing sexual -- landmarks the beaty of the female body , in creative poses

Boy is that article not a twist , the pictures are pretty and artful and laid out - photography art not sleaze at all IMO!

no?
:behind::thud:

BINGO!

This country, this world needs to address mental illness and the ramifications from not recognizing these illnesses,” Shifman said. Until that starts this will continue

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014...son-is-gunman-in-deadly-isla-vista-shootings/

RE . There are conflicting reports about where he lived.

My sense from his writings were dad was gone alot, they split up and it went into typical like dad had him sometimes etc. Problematic relationship with dad, but in his writings it was much more reflective of his illiness. By that I mean, his visits with his dad (dad gone alot) with not orderly, predictable - which for an Aspergers sufferer is very traumatizing they need order and precictablity - dad could not provide that.....which would aggitate most suffering with the illiness - its a hallmark of the disorder.

I would have to agree. He doesn't describe anyone from this supposed assisted living facility helping him with his social skill training or anything like that in his manifesto.

Well ... it could be possible the young persons, who were hired to help ER with his social skills, came from the Independent Living place.

Both our University and Community College here (Florida) offer what they call "apartment style living." They are not dorms. And there are many different "neighborhoods" you can choose from. Some of these apartments are nicer than my own. :facepalm:

Do they have 24 hour staff on board like a five star hotel and activities scheduled once a month?

Hi! New to the thread, have been following this case in the news. :seeya:

How horrific and sad this is! The guy is (or was) scary. Totally lost in his own twisted reality.

I too, am highly doubtful he was a sex offender . His fear of rejection, sexual inadequacies , his inability to form a complex thought pattern,( plan, break in, commit crime, plan ways to avoid detection etc etc ) that is complex thinking . He would be frightened of going to a new or different social envirmmnet (breaking into a unkwn dwelling etc)

His Facebook stuff, his looking at woman, is tied to the illness repetitive , ruminating, Those suffering with the illness can be like a record with the needle stuck basically) . If you lift up the needle, sped the record up, change the volume, or play a different track they can become very upset and scared, scream, yell, slam fists, threaten, attempt to strike, head bang, fall on the ground, wait arm setc.

They must have order, most things must be things they have done before (look at girls, think about his long, drives on the same routes etc)

When you get further in the spectrum some can like only eat Pizza, clothes must all be green, they must fold their own clothes, if a couch is moved look out , that kind of thing. That
any other

Cariis, which illness are you describing here? Sounds like a psychosis or obsession?

Do they have 24 hour staff on board like a five star hotel and activities scheduled once a month?

Once a month is hardly enough if their goal was to help disabled adults with their social living skills.

His manifesto is absolutely packed with 'self entitlement' and I've only got to him hitting 5 years old.

What seems bizarre is that he probably would have had the entitlement he was looking for if he'd stayed in the UK. His looks were good enough to have made him a model and his air of superiority would have put an old Etonian to shame. Andrew Gold's song Lonely Boy could have been written just for him.

That is as far as I got. 5 yrs old , yawn

There have been lots of compasions to Luka here. Worlds apart. Luka online activity is Narcissism based.

ER relationship (why the 140 page written piece). with You Tube is his effort to discharge his lonliness and rage. Think about it, he has minimal social skill set, noone to talk to.

So he "vents", alone behind a camera. A desperate attempt to be understood and heard, but no skills to do so.

We all "talk" about issues to friends - the individual with these illiness have no social outlets ..... and becasue he was high functioning he had the cognitive ability to speak and need to release.

He had no one to talk to becasue he did not have the social skill set same thing for the pained writings, behind a pen, alone on paper - a place to vent .....

Problem is... ER did have friends. He explained in full detail how he would talk to his friends about his issues. But, in just one split second, a girl even smiling at one of his friends would make THEM his enemy! ER didn't want friends! He wanted slaves. He wanted everyone to bow down to him because he deserved it! And a lot of his friends stuck by him a hell of a lot longer than I ever would have!!

Do you know how he talked about his two recent roommates (whom I fear are among the dead)? He said they were nice enough, but they were not beneficial to HIM. They were lowly foreign exchange students from Asia and could offer him nothing of value. ER didn't value friendships. ER didn't value family. ER valued himself and only himself.

I do not believe ER suffered from social anxiety. Thinking about all those years of buying all those expensive clothes and making sure he was the last one to walk into the room so that everyone would just STOP and bow down to his godliness tells me all I need to know.

And I don't believe half of his 140 page sympathy ploy. He's playing the victim when all he ever did (since he was a child) was victimize every single person that ever crossed paths with him. He's fooled a lot of people for a lot of years (including those police officers), but he doesn't fool me. Not one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mygalacticmother