CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word on the identity of the 3 bodies, I am assuming were his roommates.
I wonder if the one he made a citizen arrest on for the $22 candles was still living there?
Also, I would need to find a link, I think it was USA Today, that said he killed them at 9:30pm
or just before the drive by shooting rampage.

It does appear that it's the same one :(

20-year-old Chen Yuan Hong joins the list of three confirmed victim names thus far, bringing the total to four.

NewsChannel 3 has obtained the names of three men who lived in the same Capri apartment unit with Rodger; Hong is not on that list, however, NewsChannel 3 has confirmed that he was one of Rodger's roommates.

Hong is among three men Rodger brutally murdered inside the apartment before Friday's shootings. Sheriff Bill Brown revealed the men were "repeatedly stabbed" but did not say how much time passed between the stabbings and the shooting spree.

During Saturday evening's news conference, Santa Barbara County Sherif Bill Brown revealed that on January 15 of 2014, Rodger accused Hong of stealing 22 dollars worth of candles from him.

I agree!

BBM - IMO the idea came from one of the Rodger's attorney's early statements.

[I'll see if I can find it and post it here.]

This is what I found in my notes:

[dailymail.co.uk 5-25-14]

Quote: "Rodger was living with roommates at the Independent Living Institute in Santa Barbara, a facility that offers 'living skills instruction to help adults with disabilities to live more independently in their communities' according to their website."

HTH...:seeya:

Quote: "Rodger was living with roommates at the Independent Living Institute in Santa Barbara, a facility that offers 'living skills instruction to help adults with disabilities to live more independently in their communities' according to their website."

It comes from dailymail (not known for its accuracy) and I don't see anything like that on the website.

I agree!

BBM - IMO the idea came from one of the Rodger's attorney's early statements.

[I'll see if I can find it and post it here.]

Here it is!

Hahaha!

we found it at the same time!

:highfive:

If there was more to them the website would just say it.
You have to pay extra for more.

There has been several reports of an interview just running now on CNN from a neighbor in the complex. He speaks of conversations with him and inviting him over for beer or shots and such. Those things would not be going on in a "group home".

Just a regular college kid's apartment community. The college apartment communities of today are more like hotel amenities. Some have gyms and instructors dry cleaning etc.

JMO's

There has been several reports of an interview just running now on CNN from a neighbor in the complex. He speaks of conversations with him and inviting him over for beer or shots and such. Those things would not be going on in a "group home".

Just a regular college kid's apartment community. The college apartment communities of today are more like hotel amenities. Some have gyms and instructors dry cleaning etc.

JMO's

I agree. This doesn't sound like any sort of social skill training facility. His roommates were apparently assigned to this apartment, he didn't have a choice at picking them, and they didn't seem to have a choice of not picking him either.

Any word on the identity of the 3 bodies, I am assuming were his roommates.
I wonder if the one he made a citizen arrest on for the $22 candles was still living there?
Also, I would need to find a link, I think it was USA Today, that said he killed them at 9:30pm
or just before the drive by shooting rampage.

I am trying to find a timeline of the stabbings prior to the gun slayings... But I am only finding the general "before the emergency call at 9:37 p.m. PT"... at the moment...

I wonder if the roomie that had the confrontation over candles was still one of the roomies as of Friday night, as well...

and... I have not found the identities of the roommates yet, either...

All... JMO

:wave:

Thanks - that's it!

Here's the link: http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014...son-is-gunman-in-deadly-isla-vista-shootings/

Here's the link to ILI which appears to be located in SB, 10-15 min drive away from IV. Perhaps that is the facility the parents hired the social trainers through??:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Independent-Living-Institute-LLC/199713626716335?filter=2

So ... I'm still not seeing The Capri, located in IV where ER lived, as anything beyond a typical dorm. JMO

http://www.keyt.com/news/name-of-fourth-mass-murder-victim-revealed/26165132

Thanks, Kaos!

according to this link...

Quote: "NewsChannel3 has obtained the names of three men who lived in the same Capri apartment unit with Rodger; Hong [20 year-old Chen Yuon Hong] is not on that list, however NewsChannel3 has confirmed that he was one of Rodger's roommates."

the article goes on to report that Hong was the young man Rodgers got into a conflict with over the 22 dollars worth of candles....

IMO... Hong was not currently a roommate of Rodger's... But had been a roommate at a prior time...

but it is confusing to me...

All... JMO

I too, am highly doubtful he was a sex offender . His fear of rejection, sexual inadequacies , his inability to form a complex thought pattern,( plan, break in, commit crime, plan ways to avoid detection etc etc ) that is complex thinking . He would be frightened of going to a new or different social envirmmnet (breaking into a unkwn dwelling etc)

His Facebook stuff, his looking at woman, is tied to the illness repetitive , ruminating, Those suffering with the illness can be like a record with the needle stuck basically) . If you lift up the needle, sped the record up, change the volume, or play a different track they can become very upset and scared, scream, yell, slam fists, threaten, attempt to strike, head bang, fall on the ground, wait arm setc.

They must have order, most things must be things they have done before (look at girls, think about his long, drives on the same routes etc)

When you get further in the spectrum some can like only eat Pizza, clothes must all be green, they must fold their own clothes, if a couch is moved look out , that kind of thing. That
any other

http://www.keyt.com/news/name-of-fourth-mass-murder-victim-revealed/26165132

Thanks, Kaos!

according to this link...

Quote: "NewsChannel3 has obtained the names of three men who lived in the same Capri apartment unit with Rodger; Hong is not on that list, however NewsChannel3 has confirmed that he was one of Rodger's roommates."

the article goes on to report that Hong was the young man Rodgers got into a conflict with over the 22 dollars worth of candles....

IMO... Jong was not currently a roommate of Rodger's... But had been a roommate at a prior time...

but it is confusing to me...

All... JMO

He could have lured him in as he planned to lure people into his apartment ( in his manifesto). He had two roommates, from what has been reported. There were three bodies removed from his apartment. So the two could be his current roommates and Hong was the one he lured in because he held a grudge (over the candle theft). From what is being reported, Hong definitely looks to be the one killed.

"In January Rodgers accused his roommate of stealing $22 worth of candles and held him on citizen's arrest. Police then booked his roommate on petty theft charges. Today they said that the roommate, Cheng Yuan Hong, 22, was one of three people in his apartment found stabbed to death by the suspect on Friday. The roommate had pled guilty to petty theft in the case, police said."
http://abcnews.go.com/News/santa-ba...e-difficulty-working-mental/story?id=23864247

Thanks - that's it!

Here's the link: http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014...son-is-gunman-in-deadly-isla-vista-shootings/

Here's the link to ILI which appears to be located in SB, 10-15 min drive away from IV. Perhaps that is the facility the parents hired the social trainers through??:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Independent-Living-Institute-LLC/199713626716335?filter=2

So ... I'm still not seeing The Capri, located in IV where ER lived, as anything beyond a typical dorm. JMO

I found this too. There is a Facebook page, but the website is not online.
I think the Capri IV may have partnered in some way with this institute, perhaps allowing their patients to live there. I do not believe the Capri apartments specialized in assisting socially undeveloped adults.
It was Los Angeles that reported that so who knows. It looks like it came from the Associated Press first.

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

Thanks - that's it!

Thanks for the find of ILI...:seeya:

there is a pic and article link on their FB page regarding ER and his dad on the red carpet, etc....

So... There are conflicting reports about where he lived...

maybe it was being planned for him to go to live in ILI ... But he never moved in?

Or....???

I haven't finished the manifesto yet but, I keep hearing about an incident where Elliot went to a party, got drunk, someone assaulted him, and/or he assaulted someone and he ended up with a broken leg? Something like that. Anyhow, with that in mind, did he maybe have some kind of 'assistance' getting around for awhile after that? Just a thought.

Thanks for the find of ILI...:seeya:

there is a pic and article link on their FB page regarding ER and his dad on the red carpet, etc....

So... There are conflicting reports about where he lived...

maybe it was being planned for him to go to live in ILI ... But he never moved in?

Or....???

Conflicting reports - agreed!

But my current read on this topic is:

JMPO, The attorney tried to soften the blow-back toward the parents by suggesting ER was living in a padded walled fully assisted living environment for those who need lots of extra help due to physical or mental issues in order to suggest the parents had been doing everything they possibly could have done to properly manage ER's very obvious mental illness. JMVHO

Back to reality, "very disturbed" ER was living in a typical IV dorm.

I could be very wrong.

:dunno: What is it that jumps out to you as being beyond a typical dorm situation? TIA

It is not a dorm, to me. They have all kinds of staff to help their residents.

We have three colleges/ universities where I live and there are no apartments like this. But, I don't live in affluenza land either

It is not a dorm, to me. They have all kinds of staff to help their residents.

We have three colleges/ universities where I live and there are no apartments like this. But, I don't live in affluenza land either

What I read on The Capri website describes a typical IV dorm set-up. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member