CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara, #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on page 76 of the killers writings. What to say? First off, I'm no professional but I am overwhelmed by the amount of, what appears to be, in my laywomens opinion, a severe case of social anxiety, self-centeredness, envy, jealousy, isolation, rage, all of which, except the self-centeredness, he readily admits to having. What's shocking to me is that it was from such a young age. I wonder how much of it his parents were even aware of...how much of it he disguised. Then there is the crying...I've been depressed, I'm bi-polar and I have anxiety and depressive episodes. It sure sounds like major depression, too...and no mention of meds, yet, or therapy and I'm at age 19. He may have left it out? (I am not a pill-pusher but some, myself included, need meds)

I am not defending him. No way. If anyone has been in dark places, I have, and I certainly would not harm anyone. I defend. But, man, those pages are an interesting read, for sure, even though they may be the ramblings of a madman.

Repost, if anyone is interested: http://gawker.com/this-afternoon-at-least-one-body-was-removed-from-the-1581174371

If they are not from the US, it may be difficulty in finding the parents to tell them.

Perhaps the parents are very connected people and there may be international issues.

Being a type of social skills training facility that it was could it be a HIPAA issue as well? I don't know.

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

BBM - There doesn't seem to be many press reports on the room mates so far and I'm curious as to the reason why so think it's possible he may have attempted some sort of mutilation before giving up and going out with the gun.

I believe it was reported that his roommate's are from Asia. So police has to find and notify their parents first, and it might not be easy as they are not local and in another country.

I'm on page 76 of the killers writings. What to say? First off, I'm no professional but I am overwhelmed by the amount of, what appears to be, in my laywomens opinion, a severe case of social anxiety, self-centeredness, envy, jealousy, isolation, rage, all of which, except the self-centeredness, he readily admits to having. What's shocking to me is that it was from such a young age. I wonder how much of it his parents were even aware of...how much of it he disguised. Then there is the crying...I've been depressed, I'm bi-polar and I have anxiety and depressive episodes. It sure sounds like major depression, too...and no mention of meds, yet, or therapy and I'm at age 19. He may have left it out? (I am not a pill-pusher but some, myself included, need meds)

I am not defending him. No way. If anyone has been in dark places, I have, and I certainly would not harm anyone. I defend. But, man, those pages are an interesting read, for sure, even though they may be the ramblings of a madman.

Repost, if anyone is interested: http://gawker.com/this-afternoon-at-least-one-body-was-removed-from-the-1581174371

I agree with you. They were very tedious to read in a way, but trying to work out the other side - what the rest of his circle was seeing, versus what he presented, was possible, I think. I personally think ER may have done one good thing with that manifesto of his. The clues mass/rampage killers leave behind are usually disordered, partial, incoherent or non-existant. His was clear, full and detailed and......I think....hope.....may provide some useful information for professionals in future, on indicators and where/when urgent, non-consensual interventions may be needed.

I believe it was reported that his roommate's are from Asia. So police has to find and notify their parents first, and it might not be easy as they are not local and in another country.

only one comment in recent months maybe on his facebook, and the kid was from China...wonder if that's one of his roommates?

I believe below is the link to ER's appartment complex in Isla Vista.

If it is the correct one, I'm not seeing where it is anything beyond
a typical dorm type living environment. JMO

http://capriiv.com/

The Capri is the location where facilities were provided to teach living skills , i.e., a group home as we call it in home health. The website doesn't indicate this at all.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ElliotRodger

It worked ?

New angle of inside store

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/came...-bullets-23861630?tab=9482931&section=4765066

Of the thirteen people who were injured, eight were injured by gunshots, four were hit by Rodger's car and one suffered a minor injury whose exact cause was not clear yet.

family is staunchly against guns,

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/24/at-least-3-dead-in-shootings-in-santa-barbara-area/

Would have been better if they were more staunchly against providing their son with excess funds.

Would have been better if they were more staunchly against providing their son with excess funds.

I was thinking about where he got his superiority complex from. He writes that he's descended from British aristocracy but his grandfather was a noted photo journalist and not landed gentry or aristocracy from what I can see. From a young age he's believed he's entitled to the first piece of birthday cake, to not have to sit cross legged like everybody else in a photograph and if he cries enough that his parents will give him what he wants. It's such a shame it took them too long to realise just what a danger he was to society but at least they did realise something was wrong.

Even without money, he could still have got hold of a knife. And he's alleged to have stabbed three people to death.

I didn't make the connection when ER wrote of his prestigious English family, because he only spoke of aristocracy etc. But it was his grandfather who brought the concentration camp Bergen Belsen before the eyes of the world.

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/jewish-world-news/1.592681

On the grandfather's wiki page it shows a published title of his called Humanity and Inhumanity which ER litters his manifesto with those very same words.

These are both from the midway point, around age 18:

On why he couldn't get a job:
The problem was that most of the jobs that were available to me at the time were jobs that I considered to be beneath me. My mother wanted me to get a simple retail job, and the though of myself doing that was mortifying. It would be completely against my character. I am an intellectual who is destined for greatness. I would never perform a low-class service job.

On wanting his mother to marry into wealth:
I started to frequently ask my mother to seek marriage with this man, or any wealthy man for that matter. She always adamantly refused, and demanded that I stopped talking about it. She told me that she never wanted to get married again after her experience with my father. I told her that she should sacrifice her well-being for the sake of my happiness, but this only offended her further.

The Capri is the location where facilities were provided to teach living skills , i.e., a group home as we call it in home health. The website doesn't indicate this at all.

I noticed on the website that one of the "services" that they offer is "roommate matches". I wonder if that was the case here, or if the victims knew him beforehand.

I live in a college town in the Midwest. And there are these new "student complexes" in which it is 4 bedroom apartment rented by the bedroom. These kids are moving in with people they don't even know. Can you imagine?

JMO's

BBM- How do you know that to be true? TIA

All I've read is a lawyer statement saying ER was in an independent living environment and insinuated some kind of assistance.

Most typical dorms offer what most would consider assistance beyond what a standalone apartment would offer - such as food service, arranging various services, apt cleaning svc, maintenance, etc with a staffed front desk typically during regular business hours.

I haven't seen anything else that would lead me to believe The Capri was a group home type living environment, in the sense I understand a group home to be.

The only "living skills" or social interaction training seems to have come from the paid young people who were hired by his parents and completely separate from The Capri, as far as I can tell.

It could be there is some paid arrangement at these apartments that is not advertised

BBM- How do you know that to be true? TIA

All I've read is a lawyer statement saying ER was in an independent living environment and insinuated some kind of assistance.

Most typical dorms offer what some would consider assistance beyond what a standalone apartment would offer - such as food service, arranging various services, apt cleaning svc, maintenance, etc with a staffed front desk typically during regular business hours.

I haven't seen anything else that would lead me to believe The Capri was a group home type living environment, in the sense I understand a group home to be.

The only "living skills" or social interaction training seems to have come from the paid young people who were hired by his parents and completely separate from The Capri, as far as I can tell.

I wonder if there is a mix up because of what happened with his broken leg? he went to his mom's to recuperate, then to a hotel when she had to go abroad, and he refused to let anyone see him in that humiliating position, then he mentioned returning to IV and having just a cane. Maybe it was just a short term stay at assisted living, purely because of his physical injury?

ETA The only assistance mentioned (indirectly) in the manifesto are kind of socialization therapists, who meet up with ER for day or evening excursions.

At 19, in his manifesto, he claims, his mother paid his rent for the room, 900 a month, and his father gave him 500 dollars for living expenses, if true, it doesn't seem excess to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicolelynn92