CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara, #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He (allegedly under the yt account that was found) wrote this around four years ago on video about that Virginia Tech Killer:

I am 100% sure that the account is his, I am not sure if the proof(s) I have is good enough to have it up on here.

You can forward it to one of the mods for them to look at. I'm certain I found an online profile of his a few days ago. It couldn't be proven to be him so in fairness to the original poster it was removed by a mod.

Don't do what I did. Send it to a mod and see what they have to say.

I read his postings on that weight lifting forum before it disappeared. He was a bully from what I saw.The internet made that easy for him, IMO He was able to release some of his rage against everyone by bullying others online JMO.

I saw those BB posts as well. He was a keyboard warrior.

Theoretically Xanax could contribute if it calmed him down enough to give him the courage to go through with the shooting, but it's more likely it would prevent such behavior. It's not an anti-psychotic though - it makes most people calm or sleepy. Mixing it with other downers could cause people to go into such a deep sedation that they become incoherent or die, but it wouldn't cause crazy behavior. And it's not something most people are on constantly, so we have no idea he was on it when he died. It's a short-term medication.

I agree the autism spectrum is being used way too extensively to incorporate slightly odd or disruptive human behavior that is normal variety, but it's not the type of disorder you use as an excuse for this sort of behavior. It's just not associated with planned violence, and I've met people of varying levels of autism from low to high functioning and I just don't see this type of thing at all - they seem less violent than most people. I could see a sociopath being diagnosed as on the spectrum, but only very low on it (if they didn't actually have it as part of a dual diagnosis). I actually recently got diagnosed with POD-NOS, which is the new term for being on the spectrum, including Asperger's. I'm low on the spectrum, and I definitely have features of it, but I feel like that's just human variety and it shouldn't be a diagnosis until it substantially impairs your ability to function. If he was diagnosed as a child, it would have been with Asperger's. Of course, that doesn't make anyone's symptoms less real, and there's nothing wrong with treating any behaviors he had. But I think people react badly by believing people are "making up" a disease, when many diseases are not black or white but are a spectrum diagnosed only by symptoms that are very real. Acknowledging he had mental health issues is not the same as excusing the behavior, but explaining his thought processes.

how did a pip squeak like him kill 3 men with a knife? surely they didn't go quietly in their sleep?

He could have held a gun on them, had one zip tie the others, maybe to chairs. Then killed one by one.

Or maybe he put sleeping pills in their drinks, and killed them then?

It's a short-term medication.

*respectfully snipped by me*
:goodpost:

Xanax CAN be used long term. The degree of chronic panic disorder I have has never been kept at bay with any other type of anti-depressant+anti-anxiety med, and believe me, I've been a card carrying "Drug of the Month Club" member.
I have been on Xanax for the most part of 23 years +, through multiple Dr.s who came and went from the facility I go to. Bottom line, "if it's not broke, don't fix it". I am also aware of the studies done on Benzos and memory loss.
I was legally disabled 20 years ago, SMI, Chronic Depression, Panic Disorder, and PTSD. But I can function, with xanax, without the overwhelming fear of having a panic attack, what I describe as being hit by a Mack truck and taking 48 hours to recover from.

BTW: My dosage of xanax has decreased over the years, and I still do have the rare full blown, "I'm going to die" panic attacks, just not on a daily basis before I was put on xanax.

He could have held a gun on them, had one zip tie the others, maybe to chairs. Then killed one by one.

Or possibly even killed them early that morning while they were sleeping.

I tend to believe he ambushed them one at a time..........one came home, he blitz attacked him, another came home, he blitz attacked him, and the unfortunate visitor just came by at the wrong time. His 2 "friends" that he had invited over for the weekend were lucky they didn't take him up on his offer.

But..........with his obsessed planning, anything is possible. I'm taking into consideration the rage he had, but then there was the sense of control he wanted.....?

We really won't know anything until if/when LE wants to release that info. :twocents:

The scariest phase in that article to me is: "One in 68 children currently has a diagnosis of ASD,". IMO, that has become the "catch-all" diagnosis for children with behavioral and/or psychological issues. I had never heard of it until about four years ago when one of my friends' son was diagnosed with it. And I've heard of it more and more since then. But, ONE in 68?!?!?!.... :thud:

I could go on and on about my opinion on that but it would probably be considered O/T and/or political...

how did a pip squeak like him kill 3 men with a knife? surely they didn't go quietly in their sleep?

I would hypothesize that he hit them when they weren't looking with an instrument like a hammer. And he did it one by one....no screams, to a totally unsuspecting and preoccupied victim.

Sadly, so very easy to do.

moo

Theoretically Xanax could contribute if it calmed him down enough to give him the courage to go through with the shooting, but it's more likely it would prevent such behavior. It's not an anti-psychotic though - it makes most people calm or sleepy. Mixing it with other downers could cause people to go into such a deep sedation that they become incoherent or die, but it wouldn't cause crazy behavior. And it's not something most people are on constantly, so we have no idea he was on it when he died. It's a short-term medication.

I agree the autism spectrum is being used way too extensively to incorporate slightly odd or disruptive human behavior that is normal variety, but it's not the type of disorder you use as an excuse for this sort of behavior. It's just not associated with planned violence, and I've met people of varying levels of autism from low to high functioning and I just don't see this type of thing at all - they seem less violent than most people. I could see a sociopath being diagnosed as on the spectrum, but only very low on it (if they didn't actually have it as part of a dual diagnosis). I actually recently got diagnosed with POD-NOS, which is the new term for being on the spectrum, including Asperger's. I'm low on the spectrum, and I definitely have features of it, but I feel like that's just human variety and it shouldn't be a diagnosis until it substantially impairs your ability to function. If he was diagnosed as a child, it would have been with Asperger's. Of course, that doesn't make anyone's symptoms less real, and there's nothing wrong with treating any behaviors he had. But I think people react badly by believing people are "making up" a disease, when many diseases are not black or white but are a spectrum diagnosed only by symptoms that are very real. Acknowledging he had mental health issues is not the same as excusing the behavior, but explaining his thought processes.

The scariest phase in that article to me is: "One in 68 children currently has a diagnosis of ASD,". IMO, that has become the "catch-all" diagnosis for children with behavioral and/or psychological issues. I had never heard of it until about four years ago when one of my friends' son was diagnosed with it. And I've heard of it more and more since then. But, ONE in 68?!?!?!.... :thud:

I could go on and on about my opinion on that but it would probably be considered O/T and/or political...

Just like ADHD IMO.

I read his postings on that weight lifting forum before it disappeared. He was a bully from what I saw.The internet made that easy for him, IMO He was able to release some of his rage against everyone by bullying others online JMO.

I just have to point out again, they are for the most part ALL bullies on that particular site. The entire point of how that section of the site got started was the masses going there to "troll" the bodybuilders.
My son has been on that site and I am sure some of his posts might look "bullyish" to outsiders. The whole point of the place is to crack on everyone though. It is like one big joke.
And to outsiders, they are all going to look like a bunch of horrible D**** just hanging there to down anyone and everyone.
This is JMO based on what I have been told and certain posts I have read there (pre- ER)

ER I think should not have been there though, it is not a place for someone who may take it seriously emotionally.

PS- I am referring to the miscellaneous section of the site, which I assume is where he was posting.

I should also add I have been told stories by my son about people actually being helped with issues there, so it is not all "chew 'em up and spit 'em out".

I am 100% sure that the account is his, I am not sure if the proof(s) I have is good enough to have it up on here.

You might want to read back through this thread and thread 1, it may already have been linked here.
We did see a lot of his posts on The Misc, PUAhate, and I forget what others.
Some of them we saw in archived form (some were on Wizardchan).

*respectfully snipped by me*

Xanax CAN be used long term. The degree of chronic panic disorder I have has never been kept at bay with any other type of anti-depressant+anti-anxiety med, and believe me, I've been a card carrying "Drug of the Month Club" member.
I have been on Xanax for the most part of 23 years +, through multiple Dr.s who came and went from the facility I go to. Bottom line, "if it's not broke, don't fix it". I am also aware of the studies done on Benzos and memory loss.
I was legally disabled 20 years ago, SMI, Chronic Depression, Panic Disorder, and PTSD. But I can function, with xanax, without the overwhelming fear of having a panic attack, what I describe as being hit by a Mack truck and taking 48 hours to recover from.

BTW: My dosage of xanax has decreased over the years, and I still do have the rare full blown, "I'm going to die" panic attacks, just not on a daily basis before I was put on xanax.

I meant it is short-acting, not something that builds up the system like other meds. So he could have used it frequently but not on that day or much earlier in the day. Obviously, it is disfavored for longterm use due to addiction, but as you know, sometimes it's the only thing that works. I've been on sedatives for a year for sleep even though that's disfavored - trying to get off them now, but nothing works. I feel like a lot of people who the public feels should be institutionalized would only be helped by heavy sedatives to keep them from posing a danger, and then they would become so tolerant that they would never be able to leave, which was the old way of dealing with many patients. It's a tough situation.

I wonder if he was on xanax(sp?) and combined it with some weird and wonderful bodybuilder drug? Or I am even beginning to wonder if it's possible there was a bad batch of something, and ER might not have been the only one affected....but I am waiting on details of another case, before I really explore that.

I mention the xanax because in little Fiona Chafoulais' case in France, her mom was taking that, and mixing it with another drug, which had a very bad effect on her. If you count burying your own daughter and forgetting where you put her to be a bad effect...:(

It seems strange that a few people who knew ER are suggesting there was quite a sudden and recent change in him, and that his fluent online communications were unrecognizable. I wouldn't have thought someone with Asperger's could suddenly change and open up like that?

I thought Fiona's mom was a heroin addict?

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/05/the-isla-vista-shooter-suffered-from-pathological-narcissism-not-autism/371768/

That was a fantastic article. It really rang a bell when the writer describes how un-fashionable Aspies tend to be--the opposite of ER.

It also reminded me of the kid who was threatening violence at my daughter's school and how he exhibited the same kind of shame-rage cycling. The mom said he was "on the spectrum" and couldn't help his behavior. But I have my doubts. I wonder if diagnosing a kid "On the spectrum" is becoming a new form of denial. It just elicits more compassion and understanding to say your child has anxiety or is autistic, than say schizophrenic, narcissistic, or bipolar. Of course, I am NOT saying that there aren't many, many children who genuinely do have a diagnosis on the spectrum--just that I wonder if some parents aren't grabbing that diagnosis because it's less threatening than the alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoTX local