CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find myself wondering how long he has these therapists and psychiatrists. When did that start? I can't trust the information in his "manifesto."

IIRC a family spokesperson said 7 or 8? But I also wondered if they were using school counslor?

Wow, finally finished the manifesto. I need a nap now. The end is terrifying. I felt true anxiety when he talks about his dream to place all women in concentration camps and starve them to death.

You were your own worst enemy ER. You really and truly were.

I believe his hatred of women was fueled bu his step-mother. She seems swallow and very materialistic from the show she starred in. The kid was surrounded by shallow uncaring family. I think his bio mother may have honestly cared for him. I see it backwards.
May be allowing him to play video games would have been better for him then trying to force him to go to parties.
That lifestyle his dad and step-mother lived was very fake, no wonder he thought that's what women and his absentee dad expected of him.

When it was all 4 of them.............what does one do when startled, scared,? Pull back a bit - watch him when (right after dad dismissive hand motion) body stiffed , head cocked back eyes changed) .

High functioning.....sure he told ( assessed) by mom and dad, can he handle this, reminded gently that there will be a lot of people here tongight , its ok ( and my vote gave him a xanex -they love xanex )

Their entrance seemed hurried, if only they could get to their seats, less stimulation, sitting, less hand shakes etc. They did not stop at the interaction with the male, he stopped them.

I watched that whole clip from that show it was episode 3. There are more clips of them at the premiere. ER did smile and did shake a man's hand when the father introduced him.There is also a clip of a group of young pretty long haired brunettes that I believe were in the show(I never watched Hunger Games). As the young females approach them he turns away. They do not show it for very long and then cut to the step mom talking,so you do not see the complete inter action. I wish they did not cut away.

I think that's why he was sent off with Soumaya to Morocco. The parents and step-mom probably thought he wouldn't have as much time on the computer over there and would have to interact with other people. Maybe they were also hoping he'd see that people can live without material things that are taken for granted in the USA. It's interesting that he didn't see himself as being a lesser man when he had the car before the BMW but the minute he gets the BMW it reinforces his belief that he's superior.

Another thing that struck me with his lottery attempts were the odds of him winning big were pretty astronomical yet if he'd asked some of these girls out, the odds would have been completely stacked in his favour.

If he had autism he needed special therapy not to be drug across the world and forced into social situations that triggered him even more. His step-mother was social, extroverted unlike him, you cannot force someone to be social without the skills.
His parents needed to give him special school, training and therapy. [modsnip]

... [modsnip]. [ER] was clearly deranged, he was under the care of a psychiatrist, and it seems reasonable to raise the question why he had not been in some way identified as dangerous (perhaps an involuntary commitment?) which would have precluded his legal purchase of the guns. ...

... Perhaps better psychiatric care would have prevented the entire rampage. Maybe. But it could just as easily be argued that his psychiatric care actually protected him from removal from general society. the shrink just piled on more couch sessions and pills. The same thing can be seen in the cases of Adam Lanza, Jared Loughner and James Holmes, among others. ...

... The only real cure for these type of horrific incidents is to lock up the [ER]'s of the world. Problem is the people who could make that happen–the psychiatrists–don’t want them locked up. For the shrinks, a substitute for “commitment” to a room behind locked doors is a good drugging. Prozac, anybody?

But the result is these damaged minds are out in the world among us. ...

http://radio.foxnews.com/2014/05/27/gibson-opinion-gun-debate-erupts-from-knife-murders/

I believe his hatred of women was fueled bu his step-mother. She seems swallow and very materialistic from the show she starred in. The kid was surrounded by shallow uncaring family. I think his bio mother may have honestly cared for him. I see it backwards.
May be allowing him to play video games would have been better for him then trying to force him to go to parties.
That lifestyle his dad and step-mother lived was very fake, no wonder he thought that's what women and his absentee dad expected of him.

I tend to agree with that assessment. The constant living in video games however probably isn't a great idea IMO. Video games don't teach you how to live in the real world. While the escape can be great, it's not healthy for the mind or body to spend too much time there.

I also believe his mothers constant giving into his material desires didn't help matters much either. I understand the family are also victims in this, so I don't want to be too harsh on them.

Truth is, we parents need to say no sometimes. Not only for the good of our pocketbooks (not that they really had this issue), but for the good of our children. Giving into his seemingly every material whim didn't teach him how to work for what you want. The true value of money. He was given so much, he truly believed himself to be above custodial work. Which spat in the face of his true gentleman persona. A true gentleman looks down on no one.

It's a true shame, somehow, someway this wasn't able to be stopped. With everything I've read and watching his videos, ER seems to me a person who would have had a time bomb floating over his head for all to see. It was his false sense of the gentleman that was able to manipulate everyone into believing that everything was a-okay.

:twocents:

I watched that whole clip from that show it was episode 3. There are more clips of them at the premiere. ER did smile and did shake a man's hand when the father introduced him.There is also a clip of a group of young pretty long haired brunettes that I believe were in the show(I never watched Hunger Games). As the young females approach them he turns away. They do not show it for very long and then cut to the step mom talking,so you do not see the complete inter action. I wish they did not cut away.

What show/clip?

of course , what has his life experiance been -----------rejection,, when you get burned when you touch a hot oven you learn not to do it again, especially in a situation that you know is important to mom and dad

he was already sooooooooo overwhelmed, does not have the skill set when alone, with a noisy environment lights popping, hugging hand shanking

he cant cope. that is why their wa avoidance behavior, and trust me mom and dad gave him something to "hopefully assure" an ok scene

shallow uncaring family: these were parents (trust me rare) who for a decade tried to get their troubled son stabilized to some degree. And had the insight , and awareness (they had lived with his threatening events for years).....and the awareness that the video really could be "IT"

they can be really scary when agitated and one knows that they dont have the impulse control to not hurt you ...............I have been there with clients ...... Watch the video last thread

What show/clip?

of course , what has his life experiance been -----------rejection,, when you get burned when you touch a hot oven you learn not to do it again, especially in a situation that you know is important to mom and dad

he was already sooooooooo overwhelmed, does not have the skill set when alone, with a noisy environment lights popping, hugging hand shanking

he cant cope. that is why their wa avoidance behavior, and trust me mom and dad gave him something to "hopefully assure" an ok scene

Most of his rejection ideas were imaginary. I don't discount that he had social difficulties, but he never had the ability to give it a true hard working chance in the first place.

After reading his manifesto, I have a strong feeling that he felt the same on the red carpet as he did sitting in a class, cafe, beach sunset or what have you. It is this:

Why isn't everyone paying attention to me? I'm a handsome, rich, young man. A true gentleman. Why aren't any of those blondes looking at me. And forget it if he saw an interracial couple there. He would have been FUMING.

Its not a stable everlasting ( dangerousness) state - comes and goes -- that week and month when he was sliding out mom dad did everything, short of tying him down to alert people two hours away that he is escalating ..........its not instant (unless psycotic!) it is a progession in spurts , they when he was deomping the last 30 days , on more than one occasion, tried to ask someone to help stop what might be what it turned out to be ...............

The clinican, did the only thing she could do 2 huors away ......... contacted , notified authorties that were 15 minutes away, resulting in a warefare check

Dont forget that James Holmes (Batman) Dr contacted LE like 10 days before and ball dropped we know when lethality is present in most situtions but dont have the power to go to where the clinet lives, alone, and restrain him and transport that person to a safe envirnmetnt

... The problem is nuts, not gun nuts. [ER] was clearly deranged, he was under the care of a psychiatrist, and it seems reasonable to raise the question why he had not been in some way identified as dangerous (perhaps an involuntary commitment?) which would have precluded his legal purchase of the guns. ...

... Perhaps better psychiatric care would have prevented the entire rampage. Maybe. But it could just as easily be argued that his psychiatric care actually protected him from removal from general society. the shrink just piled on more couch sessions and pills. The same thing can be seen in the cases of Adam Lanza, Jared Loughner and James Holmes, among others. ...

... The only real cure for these type of horrific incidents is to lock up the [ER]'s of the world. Problem is the people who could make that happen–the psychiatrists–don’t want them locked up. For the shrinks, a substitute for “commitment” to a room behind locked doors is a good drugging. Prozac, anybody?

But the result is these damaged minds are out in the world among us. ...

http://radio.foxnews.com/2014/05/27/gibson-opinion-gun-debate-erupts-from-knife-murders/

I see your point and agree that may have been the/a reason for the trip ...

But ... IIRC, he lasted a few days, cried/whined constantly, made it absolutely miserable for everybody and finally got his way when his mother chose to drop everything and flew LA to Morocco to pick up his sorry arse and take him home. - Pathetic all around! JMO

I am only up to 11th grade in his diary. When did this occur? Did they take him to Morocco past 11th grade?

Does anyone remember what age he was when his parents separated? TIA. I can not go back and read that horror again !

Its money-where are they gonna be commited? Hey give me places I am there until stabilzed!

No vacancy signs are everywhere........the general notion of commitment...................... requires a place to do so

unless we want to heap human beings into a space on top of each other tell us in the field where is all this commimet space

, hotels are sold out

where do we place them until they are more stable?

where is it I wanna know ! I wish someone here would share their story ( a lot more meaningful than me ) explain how you tried and tried and tried to get a loved one in a safe place for a length of time that is authtically helpfull

where are these places Tell me pls!!!

On a chat board I read someone on there said at the premiere ER was wearing the same shirt as he wore in one of his video's.Maybe that was his prized $300.00 designer shirt.That might be the reason he is not dressed up, they might have tried but he might not have cooperated.That shirt looks like a cheap walmart shirt to me, but then I never have purchased a 300.00 shirt.

I tend to agree with that assessment. The constant living in video games however probably isn't a great idea IMO. Video games don't teach you how to live in the real world. While the escape can be great, it's not healthy for the mind or body to spend too much time there.

I also believe his mothers constant giving into his material desires didn't help matters much either. I understand the family are also victims in this, so I don't want to be too harsh on them.

Truth is, we parents need to say no sometimes. Not only for the good of our pocketbooks (not that they really had this issue), but for the good of our children. Giving into his seemingly every material whim didn't teach him how to work for what you want. The true value of money. He was given so much, he truly believed himself to be above custodial work. Which spat in the face of his true gentleman persona. A true gentleman looks down on no one.

It's a true shame, somehow, someway this wasn't able to be stopped. With everything I've read and watching his videos, ER seems to me a person who would have had a time bomb floating over his head for all to see. It was his false sense of the gentleman that was able to manipulate everyone into believing that everything was a-okay.

:twocents:

True.
Can't be on WOW 24/7 but if he wasn't coping it was his only escape.
I don't see his parents as innocent in this, I believe in nurture and nature (DNA) created him. I know many will disagree with me on it.
After watching videos of his father and step-mother they weren't teaching him to develop talents or a good personality, they were too obsessed with fame & money themselves.

Does anyone remember what age he was when his parents separated? TIA. I can not go back and read that horror again !

I believe he was 7, because it struck me that he began seeing a mental health prof. (according to him) at 8.

Guns, no guns, therapists, no therapists, divorce, no divorce, video games, no video games sex, no sex....those are all just environmental variables that wouldn't have really made a difference in the storm of Elliot Rodger. Plenty of people are exposed/unexposed to all of the above, and don't ever kill anyone. He was a psychotic sociopath. I don't blame his parents, his therapists, the government, etc. The blame lies on Elliot Rodger. Period.

Dude would have been disappointed if he had of had sex. He had made it into some grandiose experience in his sick mind, and would have been even further enraged when he was an "in, out, and done" typical first experience instead of this marathon "alpha male" crap he envisioned in his head.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member