CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:goodpost:
So mom notices the bizarre Youtube videos a month or so before the "retribution" and orders him to take them down-----but I'm sure others noticed them while they were up, no?

And if mom thought they were so bizarre, why would the solution to ER's problems be simply be to take down the videos? As if that would solve anything? The videos were merely an expression/symptom of something more deadly brewing inside ER.

Is it any wonder why mom knew it was him that did the shooting before it was even cofirmed that night? She was intimately familiar with the videos!!!

It is politically incorrect to cast the sophmoric "blame" on anyone and yet we as a society must think of how we can explore the solutions. IF we don't, we as a society will suffer more of the same (Elliott, Lanza, Holmes, etc).

It's not about "blame".....it is about a comprehensive understanding en toto. The roots of the problem often start at a young age so naturally we must look at the parents for what they observed, what they did do and didn't do (and why) and to obtain from them their honest critique and evaluation. But that takes a lot of guts, a lot of insight, and most certainly going against your lawyers advice, iykwim?

I meant it is short-acting, not something that builds up the system like other meds. So he could have used it frequently but not on that day or much earlier in the day. Obviously, it is disfavored for longterm use due to addiction, but as you know, sometimes it's the only thing that works. I've been on sedatives for a year for sleep even though that's disfavored - trying to get off them now, but nothing works. I feel like a lot of people who the public feels should be institutionalized would only be helped by heavy sedatives to keep them from posing a danger, and then they would become so tolerant that they would never be able to leave, which was the old way of dealing with many patients. It's a tough situation.

I look at it as one would look at insulin. You take it when you're supposed to, stay healthy, and your life stays on a somewhat even keel. My Xanax is .05 mg 4x a day (I currently also take Effexor). If someone wants to call me an addict, I don't care.
I can function, for the most part, pretty normally, and that's all that matters.

Quality of life. Not escaping reality or being stoned out of your gourd. Being as "normal" as you can be. :seeya:

In those pictures as well as others I have seen it appears ER is laying in front of his car. Did he get out of the car? Maybe I am not seeing it correctly. ty

According to almost all the MSM reports, LE pulled ER out of his vehicle and handcuffed him, but he was dead.

According to almost all the MSM reports, LE pulled ER out of his vehicle and handcuffed him, but he was dead.

Thanks. I do remember reading that now. I also remember reading that the 3 boys that were killed were mutilated. Did they all share a room like in a dorm room, or were there separate bedrooms? ty

I meant it is short-acting, not something that builds up the system like other meds. So he could have used it frequently but not on that day or much earlier in the day. Obviously, it is disfavored for longterm use due to addiction, but as you know, sometimes it's the only thing that works. I've been on sedatives for a year for sleep even though that's disfavored - trying to get off them now, but nothing works. I feel like a lot of people who the public feels should be institutionalized would only be helped by heavy sedatives to keep them from posing a danger, and then they would become so tolerant that they would never be able to leave, which was the old way of dealing with many patients. It's a tough situation.

I agree, but we have to be very careful to NEVER go back to the draconian way it used to be ! Too many people were taken out of their homes in straight jackets and tossed into a horrible asylum,shoved into a freezing naked tub of ice water and electro shocked until they had no memory of parents,children,spouses and left just as they first started in this world as a baby! They called it spells in the early sixties, then in the seventies they called it Manic Depression, finally in the eighties they they stopped the lithium that made her like a zombie as well as constantly dehydrating her to almost the point of needed to sip on liquid almost 24/7 and chug kaopectate , Finally I found a doctor who started her using Risperadol and that became a life saver for some and the first time my mom was able to finally to enjoy feeling true emotions like happiness and even sadness but just like the "Normie" as would say.She never was a threat to anyone she would not eat be very depressed, cry, and say she was sorry to me because she was a bad mother ,that I would be better off with out her, But she was a terrific mother in my eyes. but the indignity,and the inhumanity that she and I can only imagine millions like her suffered is something we as a society can never go back to. Sorry for my rant, tomorrow makes 5 yrs since she passed and it still breaks my heart when I think about how she was treated by the professionals and the stigma she was forced to endure.

ETA Just wanted to say She was a terrific mother not just in my eyes !

She made sure I was aware of stranger danger and also friend and family danger.Told me if any one ever touched me no matter the authority fig. to fight back and tell her. This was in the sixties !

I agree, but we have to be very careful to NEVER go back to the draconian way it used to be ! Too many people were taken out of their homes in straight jackets and tossed into a horrible asylum,shoved into a freezing naked tub of ice water and electro shocked until they had no memory of parents,children,spouses and left just as they first started in this world as a baby! They called it spells in the early sixties, then in the seventies they called it Manic Depression, finally in the eighties they they stopped the lithium that made her like a zombie as well as constantly dehydrating her to almost the point of needed to sip on liquid almost 24/7 and chug kaopectate , Finally I found a doctor who started her using Risperadol and that became a life saver for some and the first time my mom was able to finally to enjoy feeling true emotions like happiness and even sadness but just like the "Normie" as would say.She never was a threat to anyone she would not eat be very depressed, cry, and say she was sorry to me because she was a bad mother ,that I would be better off with out her, But she was a terrific mother in my eyes. but the indignity,and the inhumanity that she and I can only imagine millions like her suffered is something we as a society can never go back to. Sorry for my rant, tomorrow makes 5 yrs since she passed and it still breaks my heart when I think about how she was treated by the professionals and the stigma she was forced to endure.

That touched my heart and I am so sorry for her suffering and yours.

I read his postings on that weight lifting forum before it disappeared. He was a bully from what I saw.The internet made that easy for him, IMO He was able to release some of his rage against everyone by bullying others online JMO.

Bullying on the Internet seems to be the only outlet for him to try to exercise some sort of control of someone else. I'm astounded at how much control his parents had exercised over him for his entire life from his clothes to his friends to his schedule to deciding where he would go to school and live. I have to wonder if he was really mentally ill or was he a product of extreme familial dysfunction that totally distorted his reality.

JMO

Dear Mega Sleuths:

There is only one Internet Portal - only one forum where high level information can be captured, obtained, granted.

And here we are... (smile)

Okay, a question for the Mega Sluths - there is one musical video in the "Elliot's Adventures" set

- it's "driving on a foggy day in Santa Barbara."

This is the video where the music has been excised/muted for IP purposes.

Rather than display my dismay, I wanted to ask the team if we know what song is playing? Uncertain when they restricted this ( Grrr.... whio made that call, gee)Please be kind enough to let me know your thoughts.

Most respectfully,

The G
How about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1urq4Vb0XM

I look at it as one would look at insulin. You take it when you're supposed to, stay healthy, and your life stays on a somewhat even keel. My Xanax is .05 mg 4x a day (I currently also take Effexor). If someone wants to call me an addict, I don't care.
I can function, for the most part, pretty normally, and that's all that matters.

Quality of life. Not escaping reality or being stoned out of your gourd. Being as "normal" as you can be. :seeya:

Thank you for this! I think people research very little on the Internet and feel as though they understand the drug. When it's used properly, with people that need it, it's very effective! If its over prescribed or given for the wrong reasons then I understand the debate. In this particular situation I really think Xanax is a moot point. Jmo

:bump: I believe this starts in 5 minutes:

Tonight (Thursday) 8 PM Eastern on iHeart's True Crime Radio Body Language Expert Dr. Lillian Glass.

Dr. Glass has done extensive research into Elliot Rodgers and will share her observations with us tonight.

Please join us. 8 PM EASTERN tonight and every Thursday night on iHeart Radio.
CLICK HERE 8 PM Eastern tonight to listen live.

I hope you will join us.

If you miss tonight's show you can GO HERE and listen to past shows.

THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!!!

Tricia

Bullying on the Internet seems to be the only outlet for him to try to exercise some sort of control of someone else. I'm astounded at how much control his parents had exercised over him for his entire life from his clothes to his friends to his schedule to deciding where he would go to school and live. I have to wonder if he was really mentally ill or was he a product of extreme familial dysfunction that totally distorted his reality.

JMO

No family is without dysfunction to some degree , they just seem perfect from the outside looking in, not a "true reality". First thing people say "They were the perfect family" When a family member wipes out their household. IMO It "looks" like they controlled his life but I see it as a "false reality" .Everything they did ,play dates,changing schools,clothes,cars was their reaction to what ER was telling them. IMO He was the one in total control. He manipulated every situation, from a very young age. The parents only saw their painfully shy ASD(DR Diagnosis) and the mom tried to make it easier for him to fit in, Parental guilt (born this way) is a very strong , we try to make it better, he played them like a fiddle IMO. Even the step mom tried play date !

Lillian Glass is SO ill informed I can hardly stand it. What a waste of air time.

She obviously has NOT read the manifesto.

Thank you for this! I think people research very little on the Internet and feel as though they understand the drug. When it's used properly, with people that need it, it's very effective! If its over prescribed or given for the wrong reasons then I understand the debate. In this particular situation I really think Xanax is a moot point. Jmo

Since we don't know if he was over-prescribed the drug or if it was given to him for the wrong reasons, it's not a moot point. IMO

LGlass (paraphrased): When you have a disturbed child, your responsibilities as parents don't end when that child turns 18.

-from Tricia's radio program

Can you get that compounded into a timed release form?

[ER]’s former roommate tells what it was like to live with the mass murderer

... he moved out ... because he had a “bad feeling”.

... [Ex-roommate] said his roommate told him that he believed Rodger had a firearm because he could hear a gun “clicking.”

“I didn’t hear the clicks, but he said that he would click the gun over and over and the way the room is set up you could see the silhouette of everything that’s going on there,” [ex-roommate] told ...

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...he-mass-murderer/story-fnh81jut-1226936822171

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett