CA CA - Ember Graham, 7 mo., Happy Valley, 2 July 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see why things are pointing to dad. But babies do go missing from there home while parents sleep. Riley Fox, Rileys dad spent months in prison, he confessed to killing her, but turns out it was someone else. Jessica Lunsford, again someone else came into her home. Home kidnappings do happen.

Both Riley and Jessica's fathers cooperated fully and didn't have unaccounted for time. Neither child in those cases was an infant and neither was in a room that was hard to get into and impossible to access without a lot of sound.

Both Riley and Jessica's fathers cooperated fully and didn't have unaccounted for time. Neither child in those cases was an infant and neither was in a room that was hard to get into and impossible to access without a lot of sound.

It could be in this case that the father was afraid to cooperate because of his prior run ins with the law. I hate to think a parent did this so I am willing to wait and see how it unfolds but this does not feel like a random abduction. The police don't seem to feel that way.

I know it means little likely, but the photos I've seen with Ember and her Dad look like loving moments captured. He just doesn't LOOK like he would intentionally harm his child.

I'm not naive though. I know how often it happens.

Just so tired of hearing about these babies who are killed/hurt by the first people they ever trusted in the world to keep them safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess what I'm left wondering, among other things, is: They were a young couple, and their parents seem to be in the picture. Why weren't they living with them? It appears Ember and mom were living with her parents. Why wouldn't MG move in there too? I know it's ideal that they'd be able to live on their own to raise her, but if they couldn't provide for her, why weren't they living with his (or her) parents as a family?

I know not all families can afford to add mom, dad and baby into the mix, but I would think if it would stop ember from living where it appears they would be moving, anything could be better than that.

Also, per MG's Instagram (hope this is ok to post) it appears he went from job to job. Working on cars at one point and then delivering pizzas.

My opinion only. This is only my third post, but I'm pretty wrapped up and emotionally invested here haha.

Maybe they didn't want want to live with the parents because the parents didn't want them manufacturing wax at their house.

It could be in this case that the father was afraid to cooperate because of his prior run ins with the law. I hate to think a parent did this so I am willing to wait and see how it unfolds but this does not feel like a random abduction. The police don't seem to feel that way.

Also, it seems he was cooperating at first and even drove with the cops. He stopped when they began confronting him with facts that showed he is a liar.

From what I've read she couldn't tend to baby and pack and move at the same time. To be completely frank, I call BS. Untold millions of mothers have been doing this very thing since the beginning of humanity without any special assistance. Shoot, most moms do it while packing baby on their hip and stuffing boxes at the same time. I don't want to come off as unkind or uncaring but honestly I'm sick of whiney excuses from precious little delicate flowers.

As my own 32 year old daughter likes to say, "suck it up, buttercup". Do what needs doing and stop pretending you're such a delicate china doll that you need angels surrounding you at all times. (I have no idea where my daughter gets her ideas). ;)

From the pictures of the trailer, you would think that the more urgent need would have been for MOM to keep Ember, so that 'DAD' could clean the place up for the homecoming.

ETA: I hope Ontario Moms later post is correct, that this hot mess is NOT the trailer they were living in. I hope and dream....

From the pictures of the trailer, you would think that the more urgent need would have been for MOM to keep Ember, so that 'DAD' could clean the place up for the homecoming.

ETA: I hope Ontario Moms later post is correct, that this hot mess is NOT the trailer they were living in. I hope and dream....

The cousin and his GF who also lived on the property are stating on KRCRs Most recent FB post about Ember's story that he was in fact living in the "Taj Mahal" (sarcasm) trailer and not the derelict looking trailer that the media seemed to focus on. She is adamant that the media is reporting non-factual information. She states no one had lived in the other trailer for more than a year since her mother passed (ugh). So anyways of course this is not MSM but I don't find any reason to not believe her especially since his truck was parked right next to the newer trailer and junk/trash literally surrounded the older junkier one. IMO

Anyways- I guess we can be glad(?) it was the newer-looking trailer. Still seems odd it didn't have running water or working AC.

She also mentioned something about broken water pipes that needed repair as to why there was no water.

There are like 100+ comments so you kid of have to wade through them

Oh and I would LOVE to know if MG came over to their (the cousin and his GF) "home" on the property between 5-5:26 am July 2 to inquire as to whether they had seen Ember recently, came and got her to bring her into their double wide where there are two swamp coolers (according to her posts on FB) or heard anything during the night...such as a kidnapper.

Oh and I would LOVE to know if MG came over to their (the cousin and his GF) "home" on the property between 5-5:26 am July 2 to inquire as to whether they had seen Ember recently, came and got her to bring her into their double wide where there are two swamp coolers (according to her posts on FB) or heard anything during the night...such as a kidnapper.

I just clicked over to her FB from her comment on the news site FB linked above and she's stating he did. Said he reported to her he called 911 first, call dropped so called baby mama as he was heading to their house to tell them. Not sure how credible any of this is since every other report states he called baby mama first, if I remember correctly.

I know it means little likely, but the photos I've seen with Ember and her Dad look like loving moments captured. He just doesn't LOOK like he would intentionally harm his child.

I'm not naive though. I know how often it happens.

Just so tired of hearing about these babies who are killed/hurt by the first people they ever trusted in the world to keep them safe.

Yeah, it's amazing how many FB pages depict happy, glowing parents - who killed their kids. :( I don't believe any of them any more. Case in point - Ellorah Warner, who Scarlett Scarpetta mentioned earlier; dad's FB had pics of proud papa with his newborn. Shortly after he not only murdered her but he also raped her. I could list a dozen more. We see crap like that over and over but it never gets any easier to understand.

Yeah, it's amazing how many FB pages depict happy, glowing parents - who killed their kids. :( I don't believe any of them any more. Case in point - Ellorah Warner, who Scarlett Scarpetta mentioned earlier; dad's FB had pics of proud papa with his newborn. Shortly after he not only murdered her but he also raped her. I could list a dozen more. We see crap like that over and over but it never gets any easier to understand.

You're right... Monsters often hide in plain sight.

Here's what JG had to say about that:

Jamie Graham said the night before her daughter went missing, she went to her house in Anderson to pack and left the baby in Matthew Graham’s care. They were going to live together in Happy Valley.

“I had everything ready. We had a plan to meet at 8 o’clock in the morning before it got super hot, get everything in the truck and get everything moved in,” she said.

But shortly after 5 a.m. on Thursday, her phone rang. It was Matthew Graham. The baby was gone, someone took her, she said he told her.

“I kind of thought … maybe that it was our cousin in the house,” she said. “Maybe he went inside and picked her up and he was like, ‘No, I already talked to everybody. She’s gone.’

http://www.redding.com/news/local-n...after-he-is-named-person-of-interest_39675052

I just clicked over to her FB from her comment on the news site FB linked above and she's stating he did. Said he reported to her he called 911 first, call dropped so called baby mama as he was heading to their house to tell them. Not sure how credible any of this is since every other report states he called baby mama first, if I remember correctly.

bbm

Except that:

"But shortly after 5 a.m. on Thursday, her [mother, JG's] phone rang. It was Matthew Graham. The baby was gone, someone took her, she said he told her.

“I kind of thought … maybe that it was our cousin in the house,” she said. “Maybe he went inside and picked her up and he was like, ‘No, I already talked to everybody. She’s gone.’"

http://www.redding.com/news/local-n...after-he-is-named-person-of-interest_39675052

bbm

Except that:

"But shortly after 5 a.m. on Thursday, her [mother, JG's] phone rang. It was Matthew Graham. The baby was gone, someone took her, she said he told her.

“I kind of thought … maybe that it was our cousin in the house,” she said. “Maybe he went inside and picked her up and he was like, ‘No, I already talked to everybody. She’s gone.’"

Thank you! I am usually on my phone tapatalk so it gets hard to go back and copy quotes over. Thanks!

bbm

Except that:

So another inconsistency. As long as MG's family continues to try and spin Ember's disappearance as a stranger abduction I'm taking what they say in msm and SM with a large grain of salt. The cousin and his g/f haven't yet spoken to msm so anything on SM is rumor anyway.

The "excuses" WG offered for his son's actions in msm aren't consistent either but maybe he was going by what MG himself had told him. He may have been as surprised as we were when he read the sheriff's investigative report. I dunno.

Although I'm puzzled why JG told WG that Ember usually wakes up at 2:30 am. According the the report she would wake about every two hours. But I don't know if that's what JG said or if WG cherry-picked the time from what she said.

AFAIK none of the family members have spoken to the media since MG's hearing yesterday. He's due back in court today. I wonder if new charges will be filed - maybe child neglect or endangerment?

I'm not sure how I feel about this case... He is obviously hiding something (the hour he doesn't remember what he was doing) but I'm wondering if he was just doing something illegal and doesn't want to tell them.

I'm not sure how I feel about this case... He is obviously hiding something (the hour he doesn't remember what he was doing) but I'm wondering if he was just doing something illegal and doesn't want to tell them.

I agree. The hour really bothers me, but is not the only thing he has done that does. But, I wonder the same thing... he was into some stuff he certainly shouldn't have been. I just don't know what I think at this point.

I was just pointing out home kidnappings do happen.

When faced with with murder charges and already arrested for a probation violation, I'm not sure how much worse it can get. Doting daddies do not lie about their activities when their babies are missing.

Besides, he already admitted doing something illegal- smoking wax while caring for a baby- both a probation violation and child endangerment. So suddenly he needs to hide one, specific illegal activity that isn't murder, but coincidentally lines up with the last time his missing baby was seen alive?

I feel this guy is being given too much credit.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't think I'm giving him any credit. Fortunately he is being investigated so we have the "luxury" to try to look at all angles.

Here is why I think it is worthwhile to consider that he was doing something illegal in that hour that could be unrelated to Ember's disappearance. And why he is lying about his whereabouts while his daughter is missing. We already know he was involved in illicit and prescription drug activity. But the biggest reason why is the epidemic of selfishness on the part of "parents" that we see today. It's disgusting how many times we see parents put protecting themselves over their children. IF he was doing something drug related at the time and then Ember really was kidnapped later, he could have lied to protect himself, not being intelligent enough to realize it was going to bring ALL of the focus and suspicion on him. Then once he tells the lies, he is stuck with them and their consequences.

I am NOT saying I believe this. But I do try to consider all possibilities. I consider tunnel vision a great detriment in these cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member