Found Safe CA - Eric Desplinter, 33, & Gabrielle Wallace, 31, hikers, Mt. Baldy, San Bernardino Co., 6 Apr 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you look at the video as they are driven away, she's wearing a coat of some sort, not the grey shirt described in the missing description but Eric only has on a hoodie over what looks like a T-Shirt. I'm glad they had the resources to build a fire, with that clothing it would have been extremely cold for them overnight unless they had other coats not shown. Good Morning America | Hikers describe rescue after being missing for days

Last edited:
So glad they were found alive. As our local SAR said, this was truly a miracle. They did the best thing they could, hunker down and wait.

Reports said they found them in Cucamonga Canyon, and Eric said they attempted to exit "a canyon" after they lost the trail.
Cucamonga Canyon is below the saddle between Bighorn and Cucamonga Peaks. This canyon has no developed trail, somehow they never made it back to the saddle.

I'm really curious to hear what gear they did have. It's a testament to their survival skills that they got a fire going when everything is wet up there. The life straw is a great tool, but was probably not necessary in this situation. When they eventually get to Whitney, they'll want it...water isn't potable up there.

SAR carries extra clothing, and if Eric and Gabrielle were wet at all, they would have had them change.

Fun Fact: Lou Ferrigno is part of the sheriff's SAR out here in L.A....I always thought that if I ever get lost, I hope the hulk comes to save me. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Morgy1
Back