Found Deceased CA - Erika Lloyd, 37, car found vandalized near Twentynine Palms & Joshua Tree NP, 14 June 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't help but have the feeling there may be something else that's going on besides Erika needing a break. imo

Have any ideas you'd like to share?
It does seem really weird she would up and leave her son, with whom she appears close on social media at least.
Looks to me like foul play...
I just don't feel like she'd abandon her son. I know some parents do abandon their kids (or worse), but in this case it doesn't feel too likely.
Of course, we don't have much info to go on so it's hard to say what happened.

Have any ideas you'd like to share?
It does seem really weird she would up and leave her son, with whom she appears close on social media at least.
Looks to me like foul play...
I just don't feel like she'd abandon her son. I know some parents do abandon their kids (or worse), but in this case it doesn't feel too likely.
Of course, we don't have much info to go on so it's hard to say what happened.
Well, not really anything solid since we just don't know.
But these facts stand out to me:
1. her close friend stated that Erika was planning to go to Big Sur (from her statement in a new cast earlier) and drove some 7 1/2 hours to JTNP instead. Seems her friend did not know? Also, to camp alone? It was said in a media article that Erika was not a camper, and was inexperienced. And imo, Mojave desert area really isn't an area where you want to hang around as a woman alone, and in an area where cell phone connection is spotty.
2. that she took off when the salons in the area were reopening again that week, and evidently she was very committed to her business
3. leaving her son with whom she was close, to go so far away from familiar territory during Covid times.

I don't know, I may be wrong....she may have had her own perfectly reasonable wishes to go to a desert area.

Even if she left willingly, it doesn't mean she is safe. I still have concerns. We've seen s

so many people go missing in Joshua Tree with tragic outcomes.

And the car is still weird and bothers me. The vandalism, not necessarily. But moving it after the fact? Would she have left the keys in it? Otherwise, how would a stranger move the car? Who did it and why? I wouldn't think the people who vandalized it would want to be seen in it and come back to it later. I guess maybe someone trying to steal it but why would you steal a vandalized car? I don't know. The car thing is weird IMO.
MISSING WOMAN’S CAR FOUND EAST OF TWENTYNINE PALMS

that's what I don't understand. how or who moved the vandalized car? I'm wondering if someone vandalized the car in an attack - moved the car and took her but then they would have a vehicle as well. this whole thing is off IMO

Dashboard damaged as in attempted radio theft?

I Google-drove the "campground", and as a Northerner, didn't take it to be a very inviting place to be. Between daytime highs, nighttime lows, and harsh rocky terrain, it doesn't strike me as someplace that I'd pass up Big Sur for.

Over 8000 people on the military base, lots of desert combat training goes on there. The town has a lot of motels for folks visiting the base, and looks pretty busy. Her car almost had to go right through the town to get from campground to towed from spot.

Just throwing this out for consideration.... What if Erika didn't want to be found ?
The damages to car would lead one to believe foul play !?.
Just so many missing pieces here. Hope LE had much more ! Prayers for family and friends MOO just kicking ideas around. People have been know to disappear out there , miles and miles of nothing but scrub and rocks and usually plenty of heat during the day.

Just throwing this out for consideration.... What if Erika didn't want to be found ?
The damages to car would lead one to believe foul play !?.
Just so many missing pieces here. Hope LE had much more ! Prayers for family and friends MOO just kicking ideas around. People have been know to disappear out there , miles and miles of nothing but scrub and rocks and usually plenty of heat during the day.
I don’t associate trashing a car as a female action. Sounds like male teenage hooligans.
we certainly hope this is a self imposed disappearance, but the odds are against it.
Hope she defies those odds.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Good point . So much we don't know, there's a big chunk of time from when Erika went missing and when car was towed out. And then there's the why JT park to go camping perhaps she was meeting friends and ran into the wrong person (people) .
Running over what we know ... Sure hope LE knows much more.
Always respect and appreciate your ideas and opinion Roses.
Hope she turns up from her trip well an rested ! MOO

Good point . So much we don't know, there's a big chunk of time from when Erika went missing and when car was towed out. And then there's the why JT park to go camping perhaps she was meeting friends and ran into the wrong person (people) .
Running over what we know ... Sure hope LE knows much more.
Always respect and appreciate your ideas and opinion Roses.
Hope she turns up from her trip well an rested ! MOO
Thank you, I always value your thoughts as well.

I can’t help think of Paul Miller and how he ended up deceased in JTNP, as well as the young suicide couple. And then there is that incredibly oddball and notorious story of Gram Parsons. What a strange twilight zone that place seems to be!

Like Paul Miller, there is a good chance she got lost and succumbed to the harsh elements, or went to this location to self harm. However, the vandalized car strongly suggests foul play, or is an odd coincidence.

I usually have a firm speculation on cases. This one I don’t. Logic tells me she got lost or intentionally disappeared to self harm, but I still have the tiniest niggling thought that she is still alive. If she is, she should be popping back up right about now.

amateur opinion and speculation

I checked for updates....nothing. I would have hoped for maybe a "found safe", as in she called in but did not want to be located. Evidently they are still searching.

Last update I could find.
"Sheriff’s Public Information Officer Jodie Miller said there have been no local sightings of Lloyd so, at this time, deputies are still not sure if she was ever in the area."

Searchers for woman who may be missing in Twentynine Palms or national park

I’ve been seeing a pattern with women disappearing in the desert area around here. Two women disappeared west of here in Lucerne Valley/Apple Valley area. Both were said to be unstable, off their meds. Lloyd’s family seems concerned about her mental state. Belongings of one of the other women were found off of highway 62 near here. Why are these women drawn into the open desert?

I hope she did not decide to go hiking at JT.

I mean, at this time of year when it's brutally hot in the desert?

Was her car open or locked when she left it?

Were any personal effects left in the car which might encourage someone to vandalize it?

I hope she did not decide to go hiking at JT.

I mean, at this time of year when it's brutally hot in the desert?

Was her car open or locked when she left it?

Were any personal effects left in the car which might encourage someone to vandalize it?

There is no evidence that she left the vehicle in this area. Or was ever in this area.

I’ve been seeing a pattern with women disappearing in the desert area around here. Two women disappeared west of here in Lucerne Valley/Apple Valley area. Both were said to be unstable, off their meds. Lloyd’s family seems concerned about her mental state. Belongings of one of the other women were found off of highway 62 near here. Why are these women drawn into the open desert?
Maybe they are drawn to the area for all the reasons one could assume they would avoid it. No phone service. No access to emergency services. Despondency makes people do very strange things.

Could you link articles about these cases? Just want to see the details of what happened and compare them to this case. Thanks so much!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back