Found Deceased CA - Erika Lloyd, 37, car found vandalized near Twentynine Palms & Joshua Tree NP, 14 June 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A couple thoughts. Since it sounds like she wanted to unplug (according to the article that says she called home Monday), maybe she deactivated FB to go along with that? Just get rid of the account and take time off SM?

It is not that uncommon for cars to get broken into at trailheads in parks, and I would assume the same of cars left unattended in campgrounds. Perhaps she did go there to camp, left the campsite on foot to go hiking or exploring and someone ransacked her vehicle. She comes back, sees it damaged, and maybe tries driving into civilization to get it fixed/figure out a way to get home, but breaks down on the way (I wonder if even in this state, the car was driveable?) Someone picks her up off the side of the road and it goes from there. This is all MOO. It is just really odd to me the car was moved. Someone obviously moved it between Monday and Tuesday. I wonder if anyone else was camping nearby? Have they been able to be tracked down and interviewed?

A couple thoughts. Since it sounds like she wanted to unplug (according to the article that says she called home Monday), maybe she deactivated FB to go along with that? Just get rid of the account and take time off SM?

It is not that uncommon for cars to get broken into at trailheads in parks, and I would assume the same of cars left unattended in campgrounds. Perhaps she did go there to camp, left the campsite on foot to go hiking or exploring and someone ransacked her vehicle. She comes back, sees it damaged, and maybe tries driving into civilization to get it fixed/figure out a way to get home, but breaks down on the way (I wonder if even in this state, the car was driveable?) Someone picks her up off the side of the road and it goes from there. This is all MOO. It is just really odd to me the car was moved. Someone obviously moved it between Monday and Tuesday. I wonder if anyone else was camping nearby? Have they been able to be tracked down and interviewed?
Given her disappearance and the proximity to deactivating the FB account, I see this as an ominous sign. I think the car is most likely feckless teenage vandalism, a joy ride, and then abandoned. However, it certainly could have been used in the commission of harming her, but I'm not leaning in that direction at the moment.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Given her disappearance and the proximity to deactivating the FB account, I see this as an ominous sign. I think the car is most likely feckless teenage vandalism, a joy ride, and then abandoned. However, it certainly could have been used in the commission of harming her, but I'm not leaning in that direction at the moment.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Say she did park the car there and then wander off on a hike, maybe even to lose herself more than in a remote campground...we all know from other cases on WS how difficult it is to find someone in Joshua Tree NP...even when it's known where that person hiked.

And she may not want to be found. JMO

Even if she left willingly, it doesn't mean she is safe. I still have concerns. We've seen so many people go missing in Joshua Tree with tragic outcomes.

And the car is still weird and bothers me. The vandalism, not necessarily. But moving it after the fact? Would she have left the keys in it? Otherwise, how would a stranger move the car? Who did it and why? I wouldn't think the people who vandalized it would want to be seen in it and come back to it later. I guess maybe someone trying to steal it but why would you steal a vandalized car? I don't know. The car thing is weird IMO.

WHO camps in this heat?
Especially there.
I wonder if Erika was familiar with JTNP, that she had been there before.
It's practically empty right now...it would be disconcerting as a woman alone. And no cell connection either, is scary.
First time I went to JTNP, with someone, I was struck by how disorienting it can be. When we walked we made sure we could see the car.
I wonder if LE has established her last location with pings, whether close to 29 Palms, or elsewhere (since I'm not even sure, personally, if she herself even drove there)
I hope LE has some leads.

Car thieves and others frequent this Northern part of the park. There is no shortage of tweekers in the towns north of the park either. The main park road used to be a north/south smuggling route from Mexico. Don’t know if that’s still the case. Just fyi.

It has some critical information in several posts. However, it's private so we cannot discuss them here, but I suggest you read there.
RW commented on a post from there regarding one of Erika’s IG accounts, saying something about how she went to school with her in Maryland. If you look closely at RW she moved to Twentynine Palms in April. Now that’s very, very interesting to me.

ETA: MOO.

Sorry I hit quote instead of reply. How do you delete?
There is an option to "Edit", in blue. Clicking that, there should be the delete option, or just edit your post by erasing it, and write DBM (deleted by me). However the forum gives you only an hour to change anything.
I wouldn't worry about it, we all go through the learning process. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back