GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband and I have been trying to have a baby, for a very long time. After a second fertility treatment, I got pregnant...I begged him not to tell anyone, since it had taken, so many years...but he told his mom, dad, ppl at work...so at almost 11 weeks at my dr. appointment, he couldn't find the heart beat. So I had to call my husband and tell him to tell everyone, I had lost it. It was so devastating to me. Esp. My mother-in - law is the most stressful person, you could ever meet. After, I had a d&c...i felt like a failure, I felt, my body had failed me. We are still "trying" but it's very emotional...ESP..when people, like in-laws put so much pressure on you. If she didn't tell her mom, about the second pregnancy, I would totally understand. I'm still very guarded and don't want to talk about it. It seems as though, mom is saying it was confirmed. Just my 2 cents and my opinion.

I hope you get your miracle baby soon, blondgrl.

I'm hoping for some news on Erin in the morning. Sadly this seems like the kind if case that could drag out for months or years. :(

When I hear of these young kids getting married, I really shudder. Personally it's hard to imagine being married and having kids at my age, let alone twenty years old. IMO, these younger years are for getting to know yourself, going to college and having fun. You have your whole life to be a grownup.

So I hope that maybe she was just frustrated with her situation...I've heard 29 Palms is desolate and boring...and with a baby on the way, maybe she's just feeling out of control and is somewhere relaxing and de-stressing...but after all this time I wonder.

It is very hard for people to live together. See Judge Judy. It could be 8 guys in a rented house or 2 girls in a two bedroom apartment. It could be a husband and wife in a one bedroom apartment. They end up in Judge Judy's Court over, sometimes, really minute issues - $84 for instance.

I admire EC for what she did, and I see her as a very brave and adventurous young woman who had, up until her move to California, led an extremely sheltered life. Then, she loved Jon so much, that she moved to the Californian Desert, alone, to be with him. She must have been VERY excited! A New Life! And then she was pregnant! ANOTHER new life! Things were looking GREAT!

Then disaster struck. Miscarriage. Husband not home. Loneliness. Out in the middle of nowhere. No family. No support. IMO, she turned to her horses for love and support.

I don't know what happened to her. There is no longer anything to speculate about. She is gone. Too much time has elapsed. LE has chosen to go it alone.

Maybe, when this case is eventually solved, we will all sit back and say "Wow, I can't believe the brilliant work of LE - they SO got it!"

However, I don't even think that LE knows what she was wearing when she left home. JMO but why can't they just say that they don't know? Is that so hard?

Most Sincerely, MoeJoey

My husband and I have been trying to have a baby, for a very long time. After a second fertility treatment, I got pregnant...I begged him not to tell anyone, since it had taken, so many years...but he told his mom, dad, ppl at work...so at almost 11 weeks at my dr. appointment, he couldn't find the heart beat. So I had to call my husband and tell him to tell everyone, I had lost it. It was so devastating to me. Esp. My mother-in - law is the most stressful person, you could ever meet. After, I had a d&c...i felt like a failure, I felt, my body had failed me. We are still "trying" but it's very emotional...ESP..when people, like in-laws put so much pressure on you. If she didn't tell her mom, about the second pregnancy, I would totally understand. I'm still very guarded and don't want to talk about it. It seems as though, mom is saying it was confirmed. Just my 2 cents and my opinion.

I just want to give you a big (((((((Blondgrl))))))) hug! :hug:

The mom said she moved to 29 Palms alone?

She also said Erin's husband deployed suddenly/quickly to 29 Palms. IMO, her husband was already at 29 Palms when she traveled alone to meet him there.

Oh, another thing I was curious about: Erin's mom talked about how she had to talk Erin into getting a driver's license at age 18, but that she moved / flew all by herself to CA to be with her husband (which I guess was a big deal since she was shy and got lost easily, etc.).

Just wondering if she got the car in TN and it was driven out there for her, or if the car was purchased in CA. By the way they talk about how she has a terrible sense of direction / gets lost, I can't picture her driving practically cross-country... But if she did ever drive it from TN to CA, then I think that's pretty ballsy and I would kinda discount those remarks about her. Maybe she was becoming a bit more outgoing and/or brave as she grew up and got married. Was her 2013 car purchased brand new or slightly used?

I really don't know the answers as I don't know her, but I've been following this case. I'm someone who gets lost VERY easily, terrible sense of direction, but I love an adventure. I always figure I'll run into something familiar enough eventually. I couldn't give you directions to a place downtown near me and I'd probably get anxious trying to drive there myself, but I'd jump in the car to drive to a strange place hours or days away and find myself a cheap motel along the way once it got dark. I don't know if that's how Erin is, but I can sure understand that thinking in terms of the drive from TN to CA.

I have a harder time with the desert while pregnant scenario, but I'm really not a hiker so maybe it isn't abnormal for her.

I hope she's ok... it's hard to believe she is at this point, sad to say, but I'm still hoping.

I looked at the photo of Erin with the bird on her shoulder and I told my husband I knew exactly where that photo was probably taken. .We've been there...Parrot Mountain in Tennessee. Beautiful place! Breaks my heart to know she is missing and pregnant. I haven't looked at any of the maps yet so I'm not familiar with what the area looks like but the first thought I had after learning she has already had one miscarriage is what if she started miscarrying in the car and got out to try and get help...could she have wandered off somewhere and be somewhere other than in the park?

I think if she made it back to where her car was found, she would have been found by now. I think LE may have some evidence that she was not the one who left the car there.

To those wondering about her driving from Oak Ridge to Twentynine Palms, it is literally almost a one road trip. Oak Ridge is on I-40 and Twentynine Palms is just south of it. It's a long trip, but it's I-40 all the way.

She also said Erin's husband deployed suddenly/quickly to 29 Palms. IMO, her husband was already at 29 Palms when she traveled alone to meet him there.

Thank you for the clarification. I thought he deployed FROM 29 Palms. So he was deployed BACK from 2 years in Japan to "somewhere" (in the USA?) (29 Palms?) and then she moved from Oak Ridge Tn to 29 Palms on her own, alone. And he was there to receive her when she got there? Or he was deployed again and gone?

Most Sincerely, MoeJoey

Just a thought. Could the new pregnancy be from someone she befriended while hubby was away? Didn't tell mom. Couldn't face mom.....off to a new life with the other guy?

I took it that they got stationed at 29 but he got deployed so she had to deal w the movers herself. (I have done that myself several times in our 20 years in the army) Also there is housing right inside side gate where her car was found.

Do we know if her car was found on or off base? I thought it was off/right outside, but now I'm a little confused. Thanks for any clarification.

I am so sad to see that Erin is still missing. I want to think positive, but it sure doesn't look good. There isn't much new news, so we can only hope that LE has some evidence from the car and keeping very quiet on this. Praying for Erin's safe return home.

Just a thought. Could the new pregnancy be from someone she befriended while hubby was away? Didn't tell mom. Couldn't face mom.....off to a new life with the other guy?

Or hubby found out, and became enraged?

Do we know if her car was found on or off base? I thought it was off/right outside, but now I'm a little confused. Thanks for any clarification.
off base. By a side gate (there is housing right inside the side gate not sure if they lived on or off post?)

She [Erin's mother] said she had been planning to come to Twentynine Palms on Wednesday, July 2, to help celebrate her daughter’s 20th birthday, but got there two days before that.

Corwin, she said, is number six of seven children.

“She started working at 14,” Heavilin said, describing her daughter as a very responsible young lady who “loved, loved, loved animals” and is an avid equestrian.

“She is not very adventurous. I had to make her get a driver’s license at 18,” Heavilin said. “She tended to get lost easily.”
This, she said, was her first thought when she found out her daughter was missing. “I just assumed she was lost and hoped she had enough water with her,” she said.

Erin and John, she said, have known each other for eight years. They met because his sister had a horse in the same stable where Erin kept a horse. They started dating on her 16th birthday.

Heavilin remarked that when John was transferred to Twentynine Palms he was also immediately deployed so Corwin had to make the move on her own. “She actually did very, very well with it,” she said, noting that her daughter flew out to California on her own and dealt with the movers and all the other details of the move on her own.

She confirmed reports that her daughter is pregnant but said she had not determined how far along she was when she went missing.
Here is info on the move from previous page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member