GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Careless words from a Jr. Ranking PAO who is unfamiliar with the case details? His use of words is interesting to say the least, but may mean nothing ...

Right now I am leaning towards a known acquaintance, just not feeling Jon as a suspect.

I agree with you. I think his comments were in reply to a reporter's question about Jon not reporting Erin missing till Sunday because if LE doesn't know the dynamics in the relationship or Erin's regular routine after investigating her being missing for 9 days, the poor girl may never be found. Not to mention, LE must be certain Erin left the base on her own and Jon's alibi must check out. I am 99% certain, that if Jon was a person of interest or suspect, the Military would hand him over to the Sheriff's dept on a silver platter.

Thanks for posting that article! I needed something new to ponder.

BBM, Do we know that Erin told her husband that? I was under the impression that this was an assumption by her husband.

It also sound like she was missed as early as dinner Saturday?

BBM- Thank you for catching that. I cannot find a news quote with Jon or LE making a statement about the ranch. Does anyone remember exactly where-when-how, that initially came out?

If there's cameras at the base maybe they don't show her husband leaving or returning so they ruled him out that way? Her mum is pretty convinced he isn't involved.

I understand her husband was under the impression he had to wait 24 hours, but did he not even drive towards the park to look for her, where he would have seen the car, possibly? Did he call the ranch to see if she stayed the night? Has the ranch verified that was even a possibility? If she volunteered enough to see it as a place to sleep, I would imagine the ranch would be more vocal in her search.

If someone you love goes missing even if u think u have to wait 24 hrs to report it id still call and see what LE has to say.

They might look for the car while riding around!

I would never ASSUME I had to wait! JMO

But that's just me!

I really wish LE would give a little more info. I want to know if they think the public is at risk. As in, should I (a young woman) be going alone to JTNP early in the morning? I'm leaning toward a crime of opportunity and if that's the case I feel LE should issue a warning of a potential predator.

Maybe you should contact them, and ask.

If someone you love goes missing even if u think u have to wait 24 hrs to report it id still call and see what LE has to say.

They might look for the car while riding around!

I would never ASSUME I had to wait! JMO

But that's just me!

In today's age, so many young adults are glued to their phone (and older people are too). I can't wrap my mind around no phone call, but it is even more difficult to imagine no texting at all between Erin and others. Or for her to have taken a pic of the park and sent it to her husband or to a friend.

And did she stay all night at this so called ranch (or wherever) before? Did she pack a bag and take her phone charger and her toothbrush, etc.?

On the Facebook page,someone with initials AM stated on the Military base they will not take a missing person report for an adult before 24 hours ..

I also saw a post on the Praying for Erin FB page from someone claiming he did call and was told that he had to wait 24 hours (so take it with a grain of salt.) I hope that isn't true...that the military police require a 24 hour waiting period while CA LE are require to take a report whenever someone calls regarding a person missing, regardless of time passed or age of the missing individual.

On the Facebook page,someone with initials AM stated on the Military base they will not take a missing person report for an adult before 24 hours ..

I wonder if there is any evidence that he called around asking and went out looking for her?

Regarding the overnight at the ranch..since this is a horse rescue ranch, is it possible Erin has stayed overnight before helping to care for a horse ? Perhaps when she left home that morning, she told Jon that after stopping by Joshua Tree , she would be stopping by the ranch and might stay if x horse was doing poorly ? Is it possible, Erin and Jon did not normally text or call each other during the day ? I have two son in laws , one in the Navy and one in the Marines, one is Washington State and one in North Carolina, about 6 months ago, cell phone usage while on duty was forbidden and both leave their phones in their car. Maybe the same policy at Twentynine Base, so Erin and Jon were not in the habit of communicating throughout the day ?

This then makes sense and gives a valid reason why, imo, the authorities weren't contacted. I'm sure a lot of young folks, especially in the military know the rules and follow them. :( Sadly, in this case, the rules caused harm by the missing hours gone by, 24 of them

Is there any FB page other than the Praying for Erin Corwin page?

Probably military police, in conjunction with local LE

It really depends on what's going on. There was an incident in 1991 that involved two local girls being murdered, raped etc. in town by a Marine and the military was heavily involved in that investigation even though it happened in town but there have been an equal amount of times that local law enforcement has been the lead.

It's complicated by the fact you have military police, CID inside of that, and there is a NCIS office on base as well. Twentynine Palms has a small number of their own officers and then there is San Bernardino County. SBCO has a substation in the town of Joshua Tree along highway 62 so if you're looking at who has the largest force and the most experience with cases like that SBCO would be the answer.

After following the Leanne Beardon case where her husband was being crucified (even after being declared not a POI by LE) in SM even after her body was found, I will reserve making any attempt of what might have happened.

I really hope for a positive outcome but after this long it does not look good. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKT