GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe CL didn't know about the alleged pregnancy until that day. Didn't EC tell her friend she was going to meet him to "celebrate" the alleged pregnancy?

I've probably missed a ton of stuff about this...just trying to figure out why murder? And, why that day?

Maybe CL didn't know about the alleged pregnancy until that day. Didn't EC tell her friend she was going to meet him to "celebrate" the alleged pregnancy?

I've probably missed a ton of stuff about this...just trying to figure out why murder? And, why that day?

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe EC wanted him to stay in CA or move with him to AK. Maybe a big argument but I do think the murder was
planned ahead. So many details that we do not know about. She was murdered and a week later he was off to Alaska. Maybe thinking, out of sight, out of mind (to LE).

I have two things that I've been thinking on lately. First, I think this all began as CL comforting EC after her miscarriage, and then one thing let to another. Then, once the affair happened, he continued to go back for more. But, I feel he never really cared for her at all. And, I believe she was completely obsessed with him. I certainly remember how I was at age 19. It seems to me that she was pursuing him long after he was done with her.
Second, what if NL actually was the killer and he is covering for her? I haven't worked out all the logistics, but CL seems like too much of a wimp to have actually done this. I can see him luring her there and then letting NL come from out of nowhere and give EC a piece of her mind beforehand. I'm sure she couldn't resist that opportunity. JMO

Based on her texts to the friend in TN that doesn't seem right.

Maybe to watch him stir and be in jail attire and shoot mean looks at him.
BvgNaW_IAAAT9aV.jpg:large

Jane Velez-Mitchell ‏@JVM Aug 20
This is a shot from the video of Chris's first appearance in the Alaska courtroom Tuesday, 8-19.

Is it fear, anger, see I told you so, now what, or I'm gonna make sure you go down with me? I'm confident that he looked past all the others sitting there, and zoned in on only Nichole.

Didn't he research disposing of a body before the murder? If so, of course he planned it and lured her into a trap by setting up the "special day" together. And IMO it was all about the baby...you can always deny an affair, but not a baby as a rule. Jmo

Plus...a pregnancy would expose the affair. NL may have been unwilling to become publicly the wife of man who cheated on her (as she now is anyway). If Erin had not said she was pregnant, NL still could have "managed" who knew about the affair, i.e her family etc. Maybe she told CL the other time that she would not put up with being humiliated. Jmo

I think it's pretty nifty that the DA's Office Tweets updates :)

The DA just announced his candidacy for reelection. It is in his interest to be transparent in this high-profile case. He released the supposedly SEALED arrest warrant without the media having to go to court to get it unsealed. How he did that I am not sure but I understand the media was preparing to set a hearing to unseal it. The DA radio interview and the constant tweets are a breath of fresh air compared to the dis-information officers with the San Bernardino County Sheriff. Now let's see what happens with those sealed search warrants?

O/T, but for some reason until this very moment I always assumed that you were a man. For no apparent reason whatsoever, lol. Gotta love the internet. Although, I guess you could still be a man. Sorry for rambling.

My son was in the Army and stationed at Fort Knox when I joined here. He was always on my mind (deployed), so that screen name just came to me : )

As far as why that day my thinking is simple opportunity.It was a Saturday that CL had off and that EC's husband was on duty so it gave them a whole day to spend together.I have to imagine for some reason (I imagine many will speculate) that CL had a easier time getting away from his wife then EC had getting away from her husband for an extended period of time.

BvgNaW_IAAAT9aV.jpg:large

Jane Velez-Mitchell ‏@JVM Aug 20
This is a shot from the video of Chris's first appearance in the Alaska courtroom Tuesday, 8-19.

Is it fear, anger, see I told you so, now what, or I'm gonna make sure you go down with me? I'm confident that he looked past all the others sitting there, and zoned in on only Nichole.

I think NL may have been the actual killer. He is covering for her, I think. He is too much of a coward, but luring, he could do that just fine.

ooooo! We can only hope to get our eyes on those warrants!!

The DA just announced his candidacy for reelection. It is in his interest to be transparent in this high-profile case. He released the supposedly SEALED arrest warrant without the media having to go to court to get it unsealed. How he did that I am not sure but I understand the media was preparing to set a hearing to unseal it. The DA radio interview and the constant tweets are a breath of fresh air compared to the dis-information officers with the San Bernardino County Sheriff. Now let's see what happens with those sealed search warrants?

You burst my bubble ... politically motivated.

I'm more interested in the autopsy findings and report.

As far as why that day my thinking is simple opportunity.It was a Saturday that CL had off and that EC's husband was on duty so it gave them a whole day to spend together.I have to imagine for some reason (I imagine many will speculate) that CL had a easier time getting away from his wife then EC had getting away from her husband for an extended period of time.

Agree. Adding to this, I think it was his last best opportunity before he was going to be moving back to Alaska, too. MOO, he wanted to "clean it all up" before he got outta Dodge so that he never had to look back.

Ehhhhh.........I'm kind of hanging over the side of the fence that NL DID have something to do with the murder.

• Nichole Lee said she was concerned her husband did not have an alibi and would "not be able to keep his lies straight."
• Nichole Lee said that detectives did not have a case "without a body," and that "detectives would never find the body."
• And that police had "missed something" while searching Lee's apartment because they did not search the garage.

*quoted from Knox's post*

I get the idea NL thinks CL is about as dumb as a box of rocks. Whether she was part of the planning/executing of the murder, or covering up....she's sounds like she's knee deep in it.
Who says, "No body, no crime"? *paraphrasing* And has LE determined that the computer searches where in fact done by CL? If CL is asking other people about where or how to hide a body, doesn't sound like he's doing a "google" search.

How would she know LE missed "something" if she didn't know exactly what that "something" was? And how that "something" connected to the murder?

Could NL be angry that maybe EC was going to make this "Public" and put a bad light on NL's marriage? Some women can get pretty PO'd when the other woman hints at public disclosure. Maybe NL is "all about appearances"? Horse lady noticed in February that there was a "disconnect" between CL, NL, and EC, after the initial affair was discovered. NL was probably embarrassed and mad, more so that EC was still turning up at the ranch, maybe NL thought EC was rubbing it in her face, reminding her? And EC did nothing to move her adopted horse to another stabling facility, just adding to NL's perceived "insult to injury".

Could dropping EC in a mine be NL's idea? Back to the "no body, no crime" comment. If she WAS doing the "google" searches, it would give credence to her convo with the horse ranch lady about the Scott Peterson trial, because she certainly wasn't old enough to be considered a "trial watcher" when Peterson's trial was going on.

CL's alibi could have been rehearsed BEFORE the murder actually happened, "not able to keep his lies straight". Rehearsed between CL and NL. Would have worked.......but EC had to text her friend in Tn. CL can't keep his lies straight, the ongoing affair surfaces when he's interviewed by LE. NL's not there to "coach" him. Maybe they never got to the "what if" scenarios when they rehearsed? Neither thought "Deny, deny, deny" would be needed as an option?

I'm just going off the possibility the LE MAY charge NL, and what the basis of those charges MIGHT be.

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned."

Diane Zamora with a twist.

I think there's going to be more to this case as it unfolds.

Agree. Adding to this, I think it was his last best opportunity before he was going to be moving back to Alaska, too. MOO, he wanted to "clean it all up" before he got outta Dodge so that he never had to look back.

I agree.

The search warrants for the apartment and vehicles were served July 1st, only three days after he killed Erin. According to Nichole they were already packed and ready to move their belongings to the ranch on July 1. I honestly think they thought they would be off base and on their way to Alaska with no one ever glancing their way.

These two are not the sharpest tools in the shed. With the affair, he would be one of the first people looked at, besides Jon. How could they not realize that? Nichole even stated she watched true crime shows?

I can't quite imagine telling my close friend I am pregnant with another man's child and that we are going to "celebrate", under any circumstances. Just so odd to me.

I am really wondering if she was even pregnant. Maybe she thought or wished she was, by CL and jumped the gun, telling him she was? Frankly, I can't imagine CL being so free as to have unprotected sex, if he was paranoid enough about pregnancies to possibly kill over one. It is all a terrible confusing scenario. You would think BOTH would make sure not to get pregnant. And JC, Imo, only knows what EC told him, apparently.

Wondering if she told CL that very week, since he was preparing to leave, whether she really was pregnant for sure or not. And he pretended to be happy, enough so that she told her friend and figured she would tell her mom at the same time she told them her marriage was over? Or were they going to run away together?

Jmo I just have a part of me feeling she was not pregnant, and that CL believing she was turned out to be his murder motive. LE is, Imo, not saying much about he pregnancy, which in a way leads me to believe they may know she wasn't but do not want to cast a shadow on Erin. They way she was identified so quickly makes me feel like she was in a state where they could examine her. Again-jmo only. Maybe I place too much faith in forensic science.

Just all my of musings...JMOJMOJMOJMOJMO

Also...I think 18+ years of child support was the deciding factor for motive, on top of wrath of spouse and possible loss of access to child.

You always make a good point.

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe EC wanted him to stay in CA or move with him to AK. Maybe a big argument but I do think the murder was
planned ahead. So many details that we do not know about. She was murdered and a week later he was off to Alaska. Maybe thinking, out of sight, out of mind (to LE).

But how could she think about moving with him to AK? What about his wife? Was she seriously thinking he was going to leave NL? I don't think so. I think CL knew about the pregnancy, and took Erin to a remote location to kill her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member