Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get over this:

NL told LE that CL had a .22 rifle and that he had moved it from the Jeep to the ranch, then she took LE to the ranch to retrieve it. Why? If she was trying to cover up, why lead them to the murder weapon?? If she truly thought the body would never be found, what was her impetus behind telling them this? Why not just say "I don't know where it is?"

I honestly do not put much credence into the IM statements in either direction, since she did her about face move to the media. I consider her an unreliable witness no matter what...therefore, all of her statements are, IMO, completely useless. In my mind, we should pretend she never said anything about not finding a body, etc etc, unless or until we hear an explanation for why her story changed.

Ehhhhh.........I'm kind of hanging over the side of the fence that NL DID have something to do with the murder.

*quoted from Knox's post*

I get the idea NL thinks CL is about as dumb as a box of rocks. Whether she was part of the planning/executing of the murder, or covering up....she's sounds like she's knee deep in it.
Who says, "No body, no crime"? *paraphrasing* And has LE determined that the computer searches where in fact done by CL? If CL is asking other people about where or how to hide a body, doesn't sound like he's doing a "google" search.

How would she know LE missed "something" if she didn't know exactly what that "something" was? And how that "something" connected to the murder?

Could NL be angry that maybe EC was going to make this "Public" and put a bad light on NL's marriage? Some women can get pretty PO'd when the other woman hints at public disclosure. Maybe NL is "all about appearances"? Horse lady noticed in February that there was a "disconnect" between CL, NL, and EC, after the initial affair was discovered. NL was probably embarrassed and mad, more so that EC was still turning up at the ranch, maybe NL thought EC was rubbing it in her face, reminding her? And EC did nothing to move her adopted horse to another stabling facility, just adding to NL's perceived "insult to injury".

Could dropping EC in a mine be NL's idea? Back to the "no body, no crime" comment. If she WAS doing the "google" searches, it would give credence to her convo with the horse ranch lady about the Scott Peterson trial, because she certainly wasn't old enough to be considered a "trial watcher" when Peterson's trial was going on.

CL's alibi could have been rehearsed BEFORE the murder actually happened, "not able to keep his lies straight". Rehearsed between CL and NL. Would have worked.......but EC had to text her friend in Tn. CL can't keep his lies straight, the ongoing affair surfaces when he's interviewed by LE. NL's not there to "coach" him. Maybe they never got to the "what if" scenarios when they rehearsed? Neither thought "Deny, deny, deny" would be needed as an option?

I'm just going off the possibility the LE MAY charge NL, and what the basis of those charges MIGHT be.

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned."

Diane Zamora with a twist.

I think there's going to be more to this case as it unfolds.

BvgNaW_IAAAT9aV.jpg:large

Jane Velez-Mitchell ‏@JVM Aug 20
This is a shot from the video of Chris's first appearance in the Alaska courtroom Tuesday, 8-19.

Is it fear, anger, see I told you so, now what, or I'm gonna make sure you go down with me? I'm confident that he looked past all the others sitting there, and zoned in on only Nichole.

To me he's saying "This is another fine mess you've gotten me in to Stanley."

I'm trying to figure out why EC would think a married man, having an affair with a married woman, her, would want to "celebrate" a pregnancy?

I'd like to know WHEN CL asked EC to go out for that "special day together?" Did he ask her the night before or early that morning. He obviously had been thinking of it for awhile, hence the "dispose of a dead body" searches on his computer. I would also like to know when he asked this witness if he knew how to dispose of a dead body. This would give us an idea of how long CL had been thinking of doing this before he actually put his plans into motion. IMO.

I'm trying to figure out why EC would think a married man, having an affair with a married woman, her, would want to "celebrate" a pregnancy?

I keep getting stuck on that. I've asked myself that question over and over again. I keep coming up with the answer that CL said or did something that made her feel like he was happy about the pregnancy. I'm wondering if he didn't say it at the time he "invited" her to go out hunting with him. She felt safe meeting with him and thinking he wanted to celebrate. Why?

The only possible explanation that I can think of... EC was convinced that Lee was going to leave his family to be with her.

Some photo's and a video I have never seen at the link below. *CAUTION* there is some content which includes "named minors", so no copy and paste here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-snap-murder-19-year-old-family-together.html

If accurate, that article fills in a lot of gaps for me on timing and why certain things happened the way they did and why things went south so quickly between JC and EC. And, of course, we can't know whether he's really "controlling" or if she was finding it difficult to adjust to the political realities of life on base. Certain things you do, certain things you don't, etc.

That would certainly explain a lot. Right down to NL leading LE to the .22 rifle--that way, if the body WAS ever recovered, it was on record that he removed it from the jeep and hid it. Would also make me think that she intentionally said some things to IM to plant a seed of doubt about CL (in hopes that they would really never find the body, but if they did, fingers would point to CL).

Would also explain her stare at the court appearance, and his befuddled look.

On the flip side, she could just be in shock and totally petrified, and seething with hatred at CL for ruining her life and her daughter's life.

I think NL may have been the actual killer. He is covering for her, I think. He is too much of a coward, but luring, he could do that just fine.

I can't get over this:

NL told LE that CL had a .22 rifle and that he had moved it from the Jeep to the ranch, then she took LE to the ranch to retrieve it. Why? If she was trying to cover up, why lead them to the murder weapon?? If she truly thought the body would never be found, what was her impetus behind telling them this? Why not just say "I don't know where it is?"

I honestly do not put much credence into the IM statements in either direction, since she did her about face move to the media. I consider her an unreliable witness no matter what...therefore, all of her statements are, IMO, completely useless. In my mind, we should pretend she never said anything about not finding a body, etc etc, unless or until we hear an explanation for why her story changed.

*BBM*

"No body, no crime".
Why not cooperate with LE if you think you have your bases covered? NL didn't think they would ever connect the .22.

Horse lady backtracked on her statements by saying they were taken out of context, misconstrued, etc. Maybe she backtracked because CL and NL were still at the ranch at that time? She has a POI in a missing persons case living at her place and she just gave incriminating statements against them that may point to a possible murder.......... CL couldn't keep his lies straight (LE interview), EC might possibly never have been found (no body, Peterson case), don't know what LE missed in the garage, but 2 out of 3 statements from Horse lady were pretty much on the money. Saying LE took them out of context was CYA. Maybe the light bulb came on and IM figured out she may have a murderer living on her property?

Are we to believe LE scrambled her statements to bolster this case? I'm sure they taped the interview.

I'd like to know WHEN CL asked EC to go out for that "special day together?" Did he ask her the night before or early that morning. He obviously had been thinking of it for awhile, hence the "dispose of a dead body" searches on his computer. I would also like to know when he asked this witness if he knew how to dispose of a dead body. This would give us an idea of how long CL had been thinking of doing this before he actually put his plans into motion. IMO.

Didn't we hear EC called, emailed or texted (I can't remember which one) her friend abt the planned Sat celebration a couple days prior?

Some photo's and a video I have never seen at the link below. *CAUTION* there is some content which includes "named minors", so no copy and paste here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-snap-murder-19-year-old-family-together.html

If accurate, that article fills in a lot of gaps for me on timing and why certain things happened the way they did and why things went south so quickly between JC and EC. And, of course, we can't know whether he's really "controlling" or if she was finding it difficult to adjust to the political realities of life on base. Certain things you do, certain things you don't, etc.

I'd like to know WHEN CL asked EC to go out for that "special day together?" Did he ask her the night before or early that morning. He obviously had been thinking of it for awhile, thinking of doing this before he actually put his plans into motion. IMO.

BBM
I would like to know when the plans were made as well. Very key information in the case

My memory is the text to the friend in tenn. was sent a few days before.

Did you read the pics at the table were taken in July after EC was murdered? Takes my breath away!!!

Yes, I did, and was blown away. Of course, she has glasses on so you can't really see her face, but he certainly doesn't look burdened by anything. Guess he thought his problem was solved.

I keep getting stuck on that. I've asked myself that question over and over again. I keep coming up with the answer that CL said or did something that made her feel like he was happy about the pregnancy. I'm wondering if he didn't say it at the time he "invited" her to go out hunting with him. She felt safe meeting with him and thinking he wanted to celebrate. Why?

Maybe....he was done with her. Was making plans to move...and she sensed it. So, she tried to keep him by saying she was pregnant. True or not, maybe she thought she could keep him. Maybe she told him "I'm pregnant" and right after he started looking up how to dispose of a body. Chilling. I can imagine him telling her he was happy about a baby and wanting to "celebrate" with her.....Bless her heart...

Did you read the pics at the table were taken in July after EC was murdered? Takes my breath away!!!

Oh my gosh! I did not notice that. They both look just fine and dandy! I could just throw up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobkat107