GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would. I'm still on the fence about NL and any involvement she had in this. I feel so knew something. To me, it's obvious that she was aware that CL killed Erin. I think she was part of the cover up based on what she supposedly told IM. The "No body, no crime", the "they'll never find her body", and the "we" stuff when talking about what LE had on them. Not to mention her tirade about CL "not keeping is lies straight" when she "kept hers straight." I know there are questions about IM's credibility at this point but I don't feel like she pulled those words out of thin air. And then her lame back peddling attempt about why they were discussing this whole thing. Add to that, her lack of sympathy for Erin, someone who worked at the horse ranch with her, someone she knew.

Whether NL has a bigger part in this has yet to be established, but in the very least, she's involved after the fact. IMO, MOO, JMO.

I wonder when and how NL found out that Erin and CL's affair had indeed continued beyond March (when their spouses found out and they said it was over). If it wasn't until the Lees moved off base and onto the Horse Ranch and LE came with the search warrants after Erin went missing, then I can see IM saying "poor Nichole" when they came, because it would have been the confirmation that the affair was ongoing beyond the rumors.

If NL knew well before that, when and how, I wonder? Did I read early on that NL told JC the first time she knew of their affair? So if she knew somehow before JC did again that the affair had not ended, I wonder if she withheld from telling JC the second time because she intended to handle things differently and on her own this time.

I will admit that I am truly obsessed with this heartbreaking case. I don't know if it's because I have twin daughters around Erin's age, or that I can remember how naïve I was at 19. I did a lot of stupid things that I'm not proud of, and I certainly wouldn't want the whole world to know about! But sadly, this is the way Erin will be remembered.

We cannot expect our teens to have our judgment until they’ve lived our years. Sadly, Erin will never get the chance to learn that with age comes wisdom. My heart goes out to her husband and family. I cannot imagine losing your loved one in such a violent manner while being publicly humiliated at the same time.
^ ^ ^
**not here at WS, just comments on media sites/facebook ect ...

^ Agreed, Twistinginthewind. Hell hath no wrath like a women's fury.

I wonder when and how NL found out that Erin and CL's affair had indeed continued beyond March (when their spouses found out and they said it was over). If it wasn't until the Lees moved off base and onto the Horse Ranch and LE came with the search warrants after Erin went missing, then I can see IM saying "poor Nichole" when they came, because it would have been the confirmation that the affair was ongoing beyond the rumors.

If NL knew well before that, when and how, I wonder? Did I read early on that NL told JC the first time she knew of their affair? So if she knew somehow before JC did again that the affair had not ended, I wonder if she withheld from telling JC the second time because she intended to handle things differently and on her own this time.

I would be willing to bet that NL knew it hadn't ever really ended and was waiting it out til they moved back to AK. Then when EC became pregnant and NL found out she told CL it had to end and by "end" she meant "Erin would cease to exist."

As a relative newbie to WS, can I ask you (or someone else) why you are not considered a "verified insider" on this case? I'm just confused about the process. I thought it was a requirement to verify when there is a claim of inside information.

Thanks!

For me, it was a sense of excitement and relief that it was over, followed quickly by sadness. Our initial clue was what what we saw reviewing the camera footage with LE. But it was hard to tell what we were looking at with the lighting/etc. Then we did a second camera mission, which raised our certainty to about 90% that this would be a find, and this built the excitement some more. When we finally sent someone to the bottom to confirm it, that's when I think it became real for me and the somber tone set in.

There are not many people who would actually kill another human being because they were told to despite the potential for it to solve a problem. IMO it takes hatred and jealously and many emotions to commit the crime. Unless you are a psychopath. Does the government do psychological evaluations on Marines? Has anyone come forward to claim CL was a ticking time bomb? I don't really remember any character assessments of him?

I would be willing to bet that NL knew it hadn't ever really ended and was waiting it out til they moved back to AK. Then when EC became pregnant and NL found out she told CL it had to end and by "end" she meant "Erin would cease to exist."

IMO her Pinterest does a good job if showing her feelings.

Could be. But we have no idea. And that doesn't seem to jive with the worry that CL "told EC" that he was concerned about his wife finding out.
I can easily see the conversation(s) going like this:

(sometime after pregnancy test), by text OR call: "I'm pregnant again...so excited...but I think it may be CL's baby...."
(after more time has passed), also by text or call: "CL is scared that if NL finds out she will divorce him and keep him from [child]."
(very close to 6/28) by text: "CL says he is happy, wants to take me out to celebrate. JC works next saturday, so..."
(day before, perhaps), by text, perhaps in response to JT's text: "He's taking me hunting, he didn't tell me where, just said two hours away"

My point being...depending on how the text was phrased, EC could either have felt safe, or could have had her gut in overdrive and felt the need to add extra information.

IMO, by telling her friend that CL was worried that NL would divorce him and keep the child away, it is apparent that EC knew at some point that CL was NOT planning on leaving his wife.

So for her to then tell JT that CL wanted to celebrate should have triggered one of a few things for EC:
1. Something is off, but I'm not sure what (and I'm going to go anyways)
2. It's okay, because I don't intend to leave JC either, we will just secretly celebrate (this rubs me the wrong way)
3. He has changed his mind, and DOES want to be with me (but if it is this one, I still think perhaps her gut would have kicked in)

I am a HUGE believer in gut instinct. CL is a trained marine, with some inherent level of excitement/danger both because of his training AND because he was cheating on his wife (and, I suspect, other factors, as witnessed by his horse training video). I strongly believe that at SOME point EC would have had an internal gut check, but then chose to ignore it ultimately, as many young people do. :(

I suspect it was something like this:
"C is so happy, we're going to spend Saturday together celebrating. He wants to take me to a place he goes hunting a couple hours away."
"What are you going to tell J?"
"He's working that day. C told me to tell him I was going to JTNP to scout out photo spots for when Mom comes. There's no cell reception there so J won't be expecting me to be calling or texting him while he's at work."

I actually agree, though I don't know if you read them the same way as I do. IMO, NL is a woman who was struggling with realizing what an a$$hole her cheating husband is, but wanting to focus on rebuilding her marriage and forgiving him. I see lots of sadness, some optimism, and a little anger, but nothing screams to me that she would encourage her husband to do something so horrendous. Particularly with the kind of funny posts which (I believe) were immediately prior to EC's disappearance. Sure it could have happened, but it doesn't make sense to me at all. The fact that there have been no additional arrests at this point leads me to believe LE agrees.

My opinion: Yes, she suspected something very quickly after the fact. All her fury at CL was unleashed in her conversation to IM. Then I think:
1. She cooperated with LE fully
2. She tried really hard to trust him and believe he wouldn't have done that (especially if he tried to cast the blame on JC), or
3. He told her he did it, and she totally panicked, and helped cover things up, in which case either LE is still looking at her OR she is cooperating in exchange for staying out of jail.

IMO her Pinterest does a good job if showing her feelings.

As a relative newbie to WS, can I ask you (or someone else) why you are not considered a "verified insider" on this case? I'm just confused about the process. I thought it was a requirement to verify when there is a claim of inside information.

Thanks!

I'm happy to speak about SAR in general, how our team works and my feelings and such, but I don't have any "insider" information to share.

Arclight

<modsnip>

I should add: We're generally allowed to speak about our team's activities and how we personally feel or are affected, but we have to refer all requests for facts or specific information to the Sheriff's PIO (Public Information Officer).

I actually agree, though I don't know if you read them the same way as I do. IMO, NL is a woman who was struggling with realizing what an a$$hole her cheating husband is, but wanting to focus on rebuilding her marriage and forgiving him. I see lots of sadness, some optimism, and a little anger, but nothing screams to me that she would encourage her husband to do something so horrendous. Particularly with the kind of funny posts which (I believe) were immediately prior to EC's disappearance. Sure it could have happened, but it doesn't make sense to me at all. The fact that there have been no additional arrests at this point leads me to believe LE agrees.

My opinion: Yes, she suspected something very quickly after the fact. All her fury at CL was unleashed in her conversation to IM. Then I think:
1. She cooperated with LE fully
2. She tried really hard to trust him and believe he wouldn't have done that (especially if he tried to cast the blame on JC), or
3. He told her he did it, and she totally panicked, and helped cover things up, in which case either LE is still looking at her OR she is cooperating in exchange for staying out of jail.
I do not even see what she helped cover up.She did not give her husband an alibi,she actually showed them were the gun was that they were looking for.If her husband told her after the fact I do not see that as his wife she was obligated to tell police and even if she was I do not know how LE would prove it.They are not going to give CL a better deal just to get that info and even if they did they would need more than the word of a co conspirator to get a conviction especially since IM testimony is pretty much worthless now.I think LE is just blowing smoke on this and trying to use the threat of going after his wife to get him to plead guilty.

Hang on, folks. New thread coming. I'll be back in a moment with the link.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members