GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone believe that Nicole was present during the murder? If so, how do you think it all played out?

I don't personally. I think she was there for the cover-up or at least well aware of it (and all that happened before it). All based on a gut feeling though - I don't have anything specific to back this up or go on. If she was there during, I think it was a lot worse for Erin.

I think if they can determine how far along she was, I think they'd look at JC's work schedule and when he was sent away. He was leaving for weeks and even a month at a time, according to several msm reports I've read. For instance, if she was 5 weeks at death and JC was gone for a three week period when she would have needed to conceive... It's not his. Of course that's assuming they can tell how far along she was and this is just my opinion.

I'm not trying to be a pain, promise! But do you remember where you saw this in MSM? The only times I've seen it mentioned were on Facebook and therefore rumor, but I know I've missed some of the MSM reports.

On FB there is a "relationship" spot and she says that she's been married since October 20, 2006

This is something put on the FB page by the owner of the page. That date could very well be their first date or any other important date, too. My niece had "married" on her FB page for the longest time while she was just bf/gf with the idiot.

Yep... my little sis has showed "married" on FB since she was around 14, to some friend of hers who pretended to live in the UK... none of the 'facts' on FB were true, they were just playing around.

I'm not trying to be a pain, promise! But do you remember where you saw this in MSM? The only times I've seen it mentioned were on Facebook and therefore rumor, but I know I've missed some of the MSM reports.

I've only read that "JC was gone weeks at a time" once and it was not on any MSM.

There are some crazy people out there who don't believe in marriage, and don't get married on "principle". These people seem crazy enough to be like that. They might say they're married for show, <snip> and get their family off their back. They love each other and think that's the only thing that matters, and "to hell with tradition" etc.

Upon first reading this, I was thinking this statement was saying that folks were crazy if they didn't believe in marriage, and don't get married on principal. And was ready to respond as such to each and every statement you made in disagreement!

They I realized you must be saying there are normal folks who this is common for, and they were just CRAZY ones who did what many do.

:gaah: I feel like I'm reading a comment by a defense lawyer that can be taken 2 ways! :bricks: to ready for folks that are defense folks coming to threads , perhaps to test the waters for "reactions" to differing statements they can throw out for their client

Ya know, I'm thinking AFTER. MOO

That license is dated 12-29-08. So the earliest they could get married would be that three days later. But they had three months to get married

http://dhss.alaska.gov/dph/VitalStats/Pages/marriagel/default.aspx

CL just completed 6 years service in USMC. I'm going to make a huge assumption that maybe they got married while he was on leave between infantry school and 1st duty station? MOO IMO

Dec 2008 to upcoming Dec 2014 will be 6 years. So he went into the USMC in July 2008 to have served 6 years and gotten out this past July. Right?
His daughter is also 6 years old.I wonder if she could be the reason he went into the marines and subsequently got married and somehow he resented it.So when EC told him she was pregnant he felt like it was happening to him all over again and he was not going to have it.

His daughter is also 6 years old.I wonder if she could be the reason he went into the marines and subsequently got married and somehow he resented it.So when EC told him she was pregnant he felt like it was happening to him all over again and he was not going to have it.

kinda like a "cornered" animal???

Could potentially be depending on injuries as well; for instance, if she was injured/shot in the abdomen it would make it much more difficult to determine thus necessitating the need for toxicology/DNA records but I just feel that like most of this entire case from start to now has been kept really low profile and out of the public as best as possible and I think the "parties" to the crime/still active investigation is part of the reason(s) why so I think the autopsy info is also being kept confidential due to that as well.:gaah:

IMHO, I am not exactly sure why it has not been released. It leads me to think that that the deterioration of the body may be a factor and that they will be relying on toxicology and/or DNA analysis to confirm the fact, hence the delay.

Most new brides are excited and update their last name and the correct wedding date relatively soon after their wedding on facebook. Maybe they did have a ceremony on that October 20,2006 date but did not legally marry until the December 29, 2008 dates so to her October 2006 is their day.

To the married folk, how often are you asked or needed to show a marriage license for anything. Purchase of a home, credit card, loans, medical insurance etc...etc... NEVER. Are they secretly looking this up? It is a great point Darkhorse. They've been married for less than 5 years based off the 12/29/2009 date. Maybe the military found out and they had to rush to marry??

lol lol lolly pop rings. who knows what goes on up there in Alaska. haha I'm just thinking and typing outloud... but you're right 15 probably when they started dating or something.

Kind of the same thought only different. If a woman who is between 1 and 3 months pregnant is assaulted and has a miscarriage as a result, what would the charges be. Would it be murder?

I have no legal education so this is a guess, but unless it could be proven that the assault was the cause of the miscarriage then it couldn't be called murder. Since there isn't any definitive proof of what causes miscarriages it would be difficult. But if the mother is murdered it's clear that's why the baby died, therefore a murder charge could be possible.

My question is, even if CL is not charged for the baby's death, if it is verified she was pregnant could JC sue for wrongful death of both EC and baby in civil court? And if it were proven the baby was CL's would JC still have the ability to sue for the loss of the baby? I know in some states the man a woman is married to is considered the legal father of the child even if he isn't the biological father.

Could be complicated!

To the married folk, how often are you asked or needed to show a marriage license for anything. Purchase of a home, credit card, loans, medical insurance etc...etc... NEVER. Are they secretly looking this up? It is a great point Darkhorse. They've been married for less than 5 years based off the 12/29/2009 date. Maybe the military found out and they had to rush to marry??

huh... I must look suspicious or something because I've had to produce mine several times - as recently as two weeks ago in fact, and we've been married nearly 13 years. I've had to do it for a loan, title on a car, mortgage, name change on some stock I/we own, and life insurance. The recent one was for medical insurance.

ETA: several of the ones I mentioned required the certified version with the colored background and raised stamp - they wouldn't even take a photocopy. I ended up ordering 10 certified ones after we got married because I got sick of waiting for them to be returned from various agencies. I've only got a couple left. My experience only of course so maybe the military is more lax on paperwork.

Considering it was likely a shotgun wedding for the Lees.

Do you have a link for that? I'm trying to figure out if she can willingly testify against him if divorced.

"Spousal privilege" covers the "time" during which the 2 are married, so even if they divorced now, she could invoke it if she was told to testify.

In the civilian world? Twice, to change my name with the SSA and then with the DMV. In the military world? At least yearly. A certified, notorized real thing certificate.

The military won't just be giving any roommate/girlfriend/boyfriend base housing, spousal pay, base privaledges, medical, food allowance, travel pay, etc.etc. these are huge allowances and you're required to provide not only the marriage certificate but also the social security and birth certificates of the spouse to ensure they are paying for a legal spouse, not someone you're just shacked up with!

Perhaps I'm wrong and it's just a rumor. I read it in several articles but I read so many articles, I can be mistaken on what is what.

I found it here doing a quick search, I have no idea if it's a known rumor site. I apologize if it is.

http://www.georgianewsday.com/news/...rder-erin-corwin-to-keep-family-together.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michelle177