GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PhantomThought gave me a random thought. Regarding Erin claiming that she could no longer take the horse because of immunization problems, that could have been another fib - It could possibly indicate that she planned to take off with CL when he finished his service and would not be able to take the horse. It would be interesting to know if any of her other activities indicated that she planned to leave 29 Palms soon. Maybe he had told her they would leave together and then ran out of options when the time actually arrived. She might have even been keeping that information from her texting friend. An affair can get you caught in so many lies you don't know if you're coming or going. This could have been irrespective of pregnancy. Just one possibility.

PhantomThought gave me a random thought. Regarding Erin claiming that she could no longer take the horse because of immunization problems, that could have been another fib - It could possibly indicate that she planned to take off with CL when he finished his service and would not be able to take the horse. It would be interesting to know if any of her other activities indicated that she planned to leave 29 Palms soon. Maybe he had told her they would leave together and then ran out of options when the time actually arrived. She might have even been keeping that information from her texting friend. An affair can get you caught in so many lies you don't know if you're coming or going. This could have been irrespective of pregnancy. Just one possibility.

CL was taking his horse with him. So I am not too sure EC would even consider leaving hers behind if there were thoughts or discussions to leave together. There has been a lot of emphasis on how much of an animal lover she was. I don't see why she would give hers up if he didn't, in my opinion.

CL was taking his horse with him. So I am not too sure EC would even consider leaving hers behind if there were thoughts or discussions to leave together. There has been a lot of emphasis on how much of an animal lover she was. I don't see why she would give hers up if he didn't, in my opinion.

I was thinking she might be planning to make a hasty exit, as in disappearing while JC was working, and be unable to make a plan that would include taking a horse with her. In this scenario, Erin thinks she and CL will go off into the sunset together, while maybe he never had any intention of that.

From the way I read it, I didn't think EC actually gave up her horse, I thought she just wasn't able to take her on base like she planned, and therefore was going to have to continue keeping her at the rescue until she found another option. I took what IM said to mean that since EC had disappeared, and no one else came forward to claim her horse for her, that Cassy would be considered legally abandoned.

If anyone is wondering why I'm going down this particular road, it is because it would give a slightly different motive for the murder. Perhaps CL had convinced her they would be married as a way to become intimate with her, convincing her it was "ok" because they would be together forever and were meant to be. She begins to plan the exit in her head, including changed plans for the horse as his leaving date draws near. In this scenario, the motive would be that he's been feeding her lies about their plans and now he can't produce the future he promised. Less about the baby, more about the fact that his leaving date is upon him.

IMO Isabelle Megli LOVED the Lee's because they adopted 2 horses and took them back to Alaska. She even referred to them as upstanding citizens, in another interview. :gah: But since Erin could not take her horse on base, and then back to Tn., Isabelle had absolutely no use for her. NONE once the MONEY for the feed/support stopped.

Never mind that this teenager was still missing at this time of the above interview. OR that CL, the upstanding citizen that he is in IM's warped mind was the prime suspect. Or that LE had already searched CL's apt., jeep and Uhaul and even HER own ranch. None of that seems to have phased her woman ??? Are you kidding me :confused:
<snipped>

I know people like IM. Once they make up their mind about somebody, that person could kill a kitten at high noon in the middle of the street on live tv and they wouldn't believe it. Or it would be the kitten's fault.

I have such a hard time with Pinterest, probably because I barely understand it myself. I used to use MySpace "back in the day," and I use Facebook pretty regularly, but Pinterest confuses the heck out of me. If someone were to look at the few things I've attempted to Pin they'd probably think I was some crazy person who just got a computer for the first time, which is far from the truth. (well, I might be crazy ;) but I have had computers since I was a little kid, even back in the day of using cassette tapes to play games). I've always thought of it as a slightly easier version of saving something to bookmarks or favorites (or the old school clipping magazine articles). I guess maybe everyone uses it differently? Do people go there to share with friends, or more to track ideas? I don't even know if it matters, but her postings make me curious how most people use Pinterest.

Tomorrow should be interesting, I hope.

BBM:
Same here, only I still prefer bookmarks. LOL!

Hoping a local will post updates from court today! Pretty please!

I have been looking for MSM that is covering it, but so far no luck. I am Twitterphobic so I can't check there.

I rarely get on Twitter, but popped on today. But the only thing I'm following on there that might say something is Desert Sun. Any suggestions of who else to follow who might give updates?

IMO that timing doesn't fit with her mother's planned visit.

I rarely get on Twitter, but popped on today. But the only thing I'm following on there that might say something is Desert Sun. Any suggestions of who else to follow who might give updates?

Not that I can think of. None of the local news stations have anything on their websites about the case today so I doubt any of them are there.

I did a hashtag search but nothing is showing up.

Thanks everyone! So disappointing. I'm really eager to hear about the hearing.

I thought he waived this hearing and wouldn't be in court till November. Could have read it wrong though.

Not that I can think of. None of the local news stations have anything on their websites about the case today so I doubt any of them are there.

This doesn't make sense that no one is covering it.... :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member