RODNEY A CORTEZ, J-JUDGE

CLERK: DEBORAH HAGEDORN

CERTIFIED COURT REPORTER: CO-CONNIE OZBURN CSR# CO-10031

BAILIFF T BROWN

-

-

APPEARANCES

DEPUTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY PRESENT.

ATTORNEY DAVID J.P. KALOYANIDES PRESENT.

DEFENDANT PRESENT IN CUSTODY.

-

-

PROCEEDINGS

ACTION CAME ON FOR PRETRIAL

CRIMINAL PROCEEDINGS SUSPENDED.

COURTS MOTION TO CONTINUE IS GRANTED.

-

-

HEARINGS

HEARING CONTINUED TO 06/30/2015 AT 8:30 IN DEPARTMENT M2.

DEFENDANT ORDERED TO APPEAR ON HEARING DATE.

-

-

CUSTODY STATUS

CASE CUSTODY - IN CUSTODY

COMMITMENT ISSUED (PENDING)

============= MINUTE ORDER END ================

What does this Criminal proceedings suspended means

What does this Criminal proceedings suspended means

I have no idea emi. I was just getting ready to ask the same question.

PROCEEDINGS

ACTION CAME ON FOR PRETRIAL

CRIMINAL PROCEEDINGS SUSPENDED.

COURTS MOTION TO CONTINUE IS GRANTED.
HEARINGS

HEARING CONTINUED TO 06/30/2015 AT 8:30 IN DEPARTMENT M2.

DEFENDANT ORDERED TO APPEAR ON HEARING DATE.

Here we go with another month.

I have no idea. I was wondering the same thing. I will see if I can find out

Thinking of Erin, Jon, and their families today.
Truthbeknown, I have not been on WS much lately, but I will always--always--come back to check for updates and offer support.

so the defense has motioned (and the court of appeals has granted) a motion of stay meaning the case doesn't move forward until the DA responds or a new judge is chosen for this case. Today they set another hearing date of June 30th. Which means criminal proceedings are suspended until this is worked out.

I PM'ed a very sweet poster we are fortunate enough to have here at Websleuths, Boytwnmom who is a verified attorney.
I sent her a copy of the open access court document and asked her what
"Criminal Proceedings Suspended" meant.

As Quoted by Boytwnmom

It's not at all clear what the suspension means here. It's often hard to really tell what went on by just reading the minute entries-not sure if these proceedings are being televised. There is another hearing set for 6/30 so it doesn't really seem to be "suspended" at all. It also indicates that "COURTS MOTION TO CONTINUE IS GRANTED." regarding the suspension which makes it sound like there was no motion by a party involved in asking for the suspension. Rather the court, for some reason, ordered the "suspension".

Generally, a case would only truly be suspended for things like a mental health evaluation to determine competency, or having a defendant complete a drug program, things like that. But the specific condition would normally be noted. There doesn't appear to be any condition noted that would terminate the suspension so I'm not sure it is really a "suspension" and not just a continuance to 6/30 as the minutes also note: "HEARING CONTINUED TO 06/30/2015 AT 8:30 IN DEPARTMENT M2. ".

Truth, I guess we were posting at the same time again! I was posting and before I could finish, my dog barked while sitting at the door asking to go outside to do her business. Since it is raining, I had to take her out on a leash :smile: It wasn't until I finished my post about 10 minutes later and replied that I saw your post! Oh well.

Many thanks to Boytwnmom anyway for all her help, BEFORE truthbeknown found out for sure. Sending heart healing hugs to your family truthbeknown, as this journey continues.

so the defense has motioned (and the court of appeals has granted) a motion of stay meaning the case doesn't move forward until the DA responds or a new judge is chosen for this case. Today they set another hearing date of June 30th. Which means criminal proceedings are suspended until this is worked out.

Until the DA responds to what?

I know from personal experience that the court system is very confusing. The DA does not tell you everything that will or may happen. There were many surprises that popped up. Hang in there Truthbeknown, I know it's tough.

The headline would have us believe that the resemblance between the judge and the defendant is the reason they are asking for a new judge. Upon reading the article, though, I don't think that's the case. Do you agree?
That said, I can see why that headline was tempting. There is quite a resemblance. Yikes!!

The headline would have us believe that the resemblance between the judge and the defendant is the reason they are asking for a new judge. Upon reading the article, though, I don't think that's the case. Do you agree?
That said, I can see why that headline was tempting. There is quite a resemblance. Yikes!!

The headline is very deceiving. Sensationalism sells

To throw a little bit of lightness into this awful situation, I did get a giggle on how the judge looks like CL.
Do they not give inmates shampoo? You could fry a egg on that hair!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalo13