GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Conor Malakei thing is bothersome to me. What if he had said yes initially?

http://www.z1077fm.com/woman-was-expecting-a-proposal-christopher-lee-held-to-answer/
From your link.lee told him to meet him outside the park did not see him at the entrance and drove around the park looking for him never found him.When lee was not back by 2PM CM tried to call him.I am wondering why CM never tried to call Lee when he was driving around the park looking for him.
Thanks to all that took the time to transcribe and post links to the court events.

From your link.lee told him to meet him outside the park did not see him at the entrance and drove around the park looking for him never found him.When lee was not back by 2PM CM tried to call him.I am wondering why CM never tried to call Lee when he was driving around the park looking for him.
Thanks to all that took the time to transcribe and post links to the court events.

I get where you're going with this but it also could just be that there was no cell service there. The whole thing is bizarre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does CM drive a red car??

Like the red car seen near where Erin's car was parked? (Is that what a witness noticed? Trying to remember back when evidence was slowly emerging. Was it reported to media by the brother & sister who lived across the highway from where her car was?)

Like the red car seen near where Erin's car was parked? (Is that what a witness noticed? Trying to remember back when evidence was slowly emerging. Was it reported to media by the brother & sister who lived across the highway from where her car was?)

yes. I don't remember all the details but I was skimming posts, saw one of my own that said I have a feeling the red car is going to be a wow moment. Don't even remember what I was talking about lol lol

I am really confused though. What if Conner went??

It really bothers me too that CL invited him to go and sounds like he was all set to go but Conner back out last minute... he does not say whether he knew Erin was going too. How would that day differ if he had gone?
What was the plan that day?
Exactly my thought. Was he trying to get rid of CM as well (I have no idea what a motive would be though)? Was he hoping CM would help him get rid of Erin (He didn't need much help)? Very bizarre.

Exactly my thought. Was he trying to get rid of CM as well (I have no idea what a motive would be though)? Was he hoping CM would help him get rid of Erin (He didn't need much help)? Very bizarre.

Yeah you would think two different bodies/cases leading directly to him would make this awfully obvious. I mean a coyote and a propane explosion can only cover up so much. Wonder if the second weapon was a backup plan perhaps? ETA: or I should say, backup gallote. Sounds like he had LOTS of weapons handy. Yuck, makes me sick to think about it.

Yeah you would think two different bodies/cases leading directly to him would make this awfully obvious. I mean a coyote and a propane explosion can only cover up so much. Wonder if the second weapon was a backup plan perhaps? ETA: or I should say, backup gallote. Sounds like he had LOTS of weapons handy. Yuck, makes me sick to think about it.

Kill them both & claim they were currently having an affair together? Or even better, say they ran off together?

Now that I think about it...I feel like I read he had invited two friends?

I'm very sorry to say this, but the evidence looks far from convincing to me. If he's guilty, I hope he's convicted but I am really not so sure any more.

Was this alleged garrote found around her neck or just down in the shaft with her body?
And using a homemade torch to blow up a propane tank? Sounds sketchy to me. He had a gun. Fire a bullet into it. Boom.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed-proposal-the-day-she-disappeared/70872662/

I think the defense can do a lot with the evidence presented so far.

This is terrible. I apologize but it just does not look good to me right now.

Erin tweeted to her best friend about being invited to the desert on a secret hike with her 'boyfriend.' Then she is found dead in the desert. Sounds like they have something pretty damning against him, imo.

If I were Erin's family, I would have the utmost confidence in investigators, also. They truly left no stone unturned in this investigation.

"Hurtado also testified that a friend of the Lees said that he and Lee had gone exploring in the desert past the Twentynine Palms airport. The detectives recovered photos of the sites they went to from the friend’s phone. A cave expert from Twentynine Palms saw the photos August 6 and said they were taken near the Rose of Peru mine complex, which is where Corwin’s body was recovered 10 days later."

http://www.z1077fm.com/woman-was-expecting-a-proposal-christopher-lee-held-to-answer/

JMO

If I were Erin's family, I would have the utmost confidence in investigators, also. They truly left no stone unturned in this investigation.

"Hurtado also testified that a friend of the Lees said that he and Lee had gone exploring in the desert past the Twentynine Palms airport. The detectives recovered photos of the sites they went to from the friend’s phone. A cave expert from Twentynine Palms saw the photos August 6 and said they were taken near the Rose of Peru mine complex, which is where Corwin’s body was recovered 10 days later."

JMO

I had always wondered how they found that specific mine shaft - question now answered. Seems as though killers like to "brag" without others knowing they are "bragging" about what they have done. Evil!

Erin tweeted to her best friend about being invited to the desert on a secret hike with her 'boyfriend.' Then she is found dead in the desert. Sounds like they have something pretty damning against him, imo.
It will be interesting to see how the judge rules on the admissibility of these messages.Normally her friend would not be able to testify on what EC told her Lee had said.That would be hearsay.Her friend would have to actually hear lee say these things.In this case though you have the actual messages from EC who did hear Lee say these things.

Agree. Iam very saddened on how happy she was when she thought he was taking her there to propose to her. I hope it was done quick and she didn't see it coming. Poor girl.

One of the detectives said it would take 3 to 4 mins of continuous pressure with a garrote to suffocate someone

I get where you're going with this but it also could just be that there was no cell service there. The whole thing is bizarre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually when I wrote that I did not think he was involved which made it all the more "bizarre" that he never tried to call him.Now I am not so sure.You have these two ghouls talking about hiding dead bodies to the point where they are talking about security cameras and taking notes.He did see and talk to Lee the morning of the murder.After not calling him from the park he is calling and texting him at 2PM which would most likely put Lee's phone in an innocent location. Seams he has at least enough involvement to want to know where he was between 7am to 2pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member