GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed Joe has not posted since yesterday. I wonder if he will be covering/tweeting the trial today?
Some courts don't have trials on Friday...I did notice no one tweeted what time trial would resume today. :confused:

Also, I am having soooo much trouble posting. I tried to edit my post to Knox one second after realized I needed to fix my reply to her (end her actual quote =
....but I just kept getting an empty box. Is anyone else having problems? :gaah:
PLUS when I type out sentences, I have letters missing from each one.[/QUOTE]

This is my first post today and so far it seems to be doing okay. (I am posting from a laptop.) I hope it all straightens out for you!

Notice how my post didn't post right?! I went back into edit and the problem does not appear to be because I broke a quote or anything. It will be interesting to see what this edit looks like.

I noticed Joe has not posted since yesterday. I wonder if he will be covering/tweeting the trial today?
Some courts don't have trials on Friday...I did notice no one tweeted what time trial would resume today. :confused:

Also, I am having soooo much trouble posting. I tried to edit my post to Knox one second after realized I needed to fix my reply to her (end her actual quote =
....but I just kept getting an empty box. Is anyone else having problems? :gaah:
PLUS when I type out sentences, I have letters missing from each one.[/QUOTE]

I'm not having any issues.

No issues for me. It's 11:15, I'm thinking court is not in session today. Surely someone would have tweeted by now?

I'm sill here, and the SBSAR folks are all watching the trial with great interest.

Great to "see" you!! You all are THE BEST! Without your dogged determination, I don't think Erin would have ever been found. I've often said that Christopher Lee didn't expect men of your caliber on the case. Thank you for being the good in such a bad situation.

Great to "see" you!! You all are THE BEST! Without your dogged determination, I don't think Erin would have ever been found. I've often said that Christopher Lee didn't expect men of your caliber on the case. Thank you for being the good in such a bad situation.

Thanks, and it is appreciated. SAR is kind of a quiet volunteer thing that usually operates in the background. It is satisfying to resolve a missing person search, even if it's not a great outcome, and it means a lot to the teams when get a little recognition. Even if most of our folks would probably rather be out of the spotlight. This search was by far the longest and most logistically-difficult in the history of our team.

It also exposed some weaknesses that we've spent the last 2 years improving. When there was active mining in California, mine rescue capability was funded by mining companies and the state. Now that there is pretty much no underground mining going on, most of that was dropped, as it's expensive and requires a large training commitment. Thanks to the support of our Sheriff and some donations, we have greatly improved our capability for next time.

Since the Corwin missions, we have done one mine rescue of a live person (unhurt) and some out-of-county missions looking for evidence.We're actually training again this weekend.

Thanks, and it is appreciated. SAR is kind of a quiet volunteer thing that usually operates in the background. It is satisfying to resolve a missing person search, even if it's not a great outcome, and it means a lot to the teams when get a little recognition. Even if most of our folks would probably rather be out of the spotlight. This search was by far the longest and most logistically-difficult in the history of our team.

It also exposed some weaknesses that we've spent the last 2 years improving. When there was active mining in California, mine rescue capability was funded by mining companies and the state. Now that there is pretty much no underground mining going on, most of that was dropped, as it's expensive and requires a large training commitment. Thanks to the support of our Sheriff and some donations, we have greatly improved our capability for next time.

Since the Corwin missions, we have done one mine rescue of a live person (unhurt) and some out-of-county missions looking for evidence.We're actually training again this weekend.

So good to "see" you here again with us emt4526! Our gratefulness to you and your cohort truly goes beyond what words could ever express. Godspeed!

Thank you for sharing the most recent developments on the improvements that you've been able to accomplish. In my heart, it is just another part of Erin's legacy. I truly believe that she will continue to touch lives in ways unimagined. She will make a difference to many, just as she did when she graced the world with her presence in her all-too-short time on this earth.

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't know why someone would just delete the whole thing like that.. A lot of things have disturbed me about this case. Something just doesn't feel right to me. And I know most people here are all "hang him high" and I get that. And I get that you don't all understand where people like me are coming from. But I don't know, it still doesn't fit for me.

For instance, why would Chris risk the meetup with Erin so close to the base? It is an Air-Ground Combat Center after all. Didn't he think he might be seen. Even from a distance? He's an expertly trained sniper. One assumes he'd understand that planes or training groups, or people living nearby, might see his vehicle.

A few more:

Why did Chris risk Conor deciding to accompany him? Why didn't Chris try to build himself a better alibi? Why would Chris have left SO MUCH evidence behind? Especially considering his plan to blow up the mineshaft failed miserably! If he did this, he left his marks all over it. He kept the shell casings, a duplicate garrote in his car. He kept his own cell phone?! Which supposedly he used to lure Erin with. And on that subject, why haven't they found his messages to her on that day? Why did Chris make SO MANY incriminating statements and yet not confess to the crime? He told them he was in the area where they eventually found Erin. He told them he looked up how to dispose of a body. He denied knowing Erin, then denied the affair. Of course they'd find out about that. Why wouldn't he have replaced the propane tank? Why did he suspiciously disappear for such a long time, knowing that eventually his movements were going to be looked at by detectives.

Then there's the prosecution. Why are they relying so heavily on Chris' statements? Wouldn't they have searched his computer for his google searches history? Why can't they find Chris' messages to Erin, setting up the meet, and hinting about the proposal?

I forgot one more thing. Why did J destroy his apartment so soon after her disappearance? I mean for all he knew at the time, Erin went home to contemplate her life.

Then I think of their biggest problem. The Trenthan Texts: Why did Erin say that Chris feared his wife would divorce him, in one text, and then turn around in a day or two and say she expected a proposal from him, in another? Maybe people get conflicting emotions but it never gets THAT illogical!!

This theory does NOT fit the evidence.

I think Chris killed her but thanks for your thoughts on the case. We will see what the jury thinks soon enough.

If I remember correctly: JC was on duty that day. Thus, if my memory is correct, then he has the best alibi in the world: many people seeing him and log book entries.

You don't even fart on base in the housing areas without your neighbors knowing. Especially in the lower rank housing. It's too close and too many gossipy, nosey eyes. (Which is one of the reasons people knew of the affair. You walk out to put your trash out: someone sees you. You go to your car: someone sees you. You go to someone else apartment: someone sees you. There is no sneaking around in the housing area where SOMEONE isn't going to see you. If you are doing something suspicious: someone is going to see you!)

OFF BASE is a completely different story: If you were familiar with the area, then you would understand the total vastness and total lack of prying eyes ONCE OFF THE BASE. And even more especially in the area where the mines are: N.O.T.H.I.N.G for miles and miles and miles and miles. N.O.T.H.I.N.G.

Did I say: N.O.T.H.I.N.G?????????

Joshua Tree National Park is HUGE as is the surrounding area.

There have been people lost in the desert that have never been found alive because it's so vase and barren. Bodies have turned up years later.

San Bernardino County sherriffs did an awesome job on this case and were NOT duped.

As for doing/saying stupid things: people do it all the time. Marines aren't immune to stupidity. There were 3 arrested just last week for shooting off a gun outside a bar! (And, grunt Marines aren't always the brightest. Some/many are "grunts" because their scores on tests aren't high enough to get them the office jobs.)

Not every Marine is a sniper.

In my own personal opinion: I do think Nichole had a hand in it. But in telling and possibly helping CL to get rid of Erin.

Also: I don't remember EVER reading in all the extensive things posted here and in the news regarding this case that Erin and JC conversed via test message. The only texts specifically mentioned were the ones between Jessica and Erin. Talking on the phone is a lot safer than texting someone when an affair is involved.

If they did text, I doubt either one would have kept the incriminating texts on their phone and would have deleted them immediately, in my own opinion.

If I remember correctly: JC was on duty that day. Thus, if my memory is correct, then he has the best alibi in the world: many people seeing him and log book entries.

You don't even fart on base in the housing areas without your neighbors knowing. Especially in the lower rank housing. It's too close and too many gossipy, nosey eyes. (Which is one of the reasons people knew of the affair. You walk out to put your trash out: someone sees you. You go to your car: someone sees you. You go to someone else apartment: someone sees you. There is no sneaking around in the housing area where SOMEONE isn't going to see you. If you are doing something suspicious: someone is going to see you!)

OFF BASE is a completely different story: If you were familiar with the area, then you would understand the total vastness and total lack of prying eyes ONCE OFF THE BASE. And even more especially in the area where the mines are: N.O.T.H.I.N.G for miles and miles and miles and miles. N.O.T.H.I.N.G.

Did I say: N.O.T.H.I.N.G?????????

Joshua Tree National Park is HUGE as is the surrounding area.

There have been people lost in the desert that have never been found alive because it's so vase and barren. Bodies have turned up years later.

San Bernardino County sherriffs did an awesome job on this case and were NOT duped.

As for doing/saying stupid things: people do it all the time. Marines aren't immune to stupidity. There were 3 arrested just last week for shooting off a gun outside a bar! (And, grunt Marines aren't always the brightest. Some/many are "grunts" because their scores on tests aren't high enough to get them the office jobs.)

Not every Marine is a sniper.

In my own personal opinion: I do think Nichole had a hand in it. But in telling and possibly helping CL to get rid of Erin.

1. No, JC was not on duty at the time of the disappearance. If you recall, he was the one who claimed to last say goodbye to Erin at 7 am. Can't be on duty and be at home to say goodbye at the same time. The above scenario has him arriving home at 8:30 am. Plenty of time to get ready for duty that afternoon. or even later that morning..

2. If you saw the pictures you know the housing complex looks just like any other suburban street with houses. I'm sure people would not be bothered with what their neighbors were doing at 2:30 in the morning, even on a military base. The houses even have garages. It could all have been done with behind closed doors.

3. I know not every marine is a sniper. Chris was though.

Also: I don't remember EVER reading in all the extensive things posted here and in the news regarding this case that Erin and JC conversed via test message. The only texts specifically mentioned were the ones between Jessica and Erin. Talking on the phone is a lot safer than texting someone when an affair is involved.

If they did text, I doubt either one would have kept the incriminating texts on their phone and would have deleted them immediately, in my own opinion.

But then, wouldn't you expect they'd have those records then, to back up the story? Where are the phone records showing Chris calling Erin on that day? Emails? Any proof at all of communication in which Chris could have lured Erin. They have Chris' phone. They have the Lee's computer. They can subpoena records from the Lee's ISP.. The Corwin's too. They can get Erin's phone records even without her phone. Any calls at all, even from public phone booths?? Isn't it strange no one has mentioned any of these yet?

He said goodbye to her, then, If I remember, went to stand duty. He arrived home FROM DUTY the next morning. I doubt he had a minimum of 4 hours to do what you suggest, then get to duty,

I've seen the housing complex and it's CLOSE QUARTERS.

Stop making stuff up

Isn't it strange how we still keep getting NEW evidence bought up in the trial?

J said that Erin left at 0700 on June 28th 2014. By that time 90% of the work would have been done in that case. The very latest he'd get back home would be 0830 on June 28th 2014 . PLENTY of time to stand duty even if it started at 9 am that day.

We only have J's word that Erin was last seen at 7 am. She could have been missing for HOURS earlier than that, and no one would know. That's my point.

But then, wouldn't you expect they'd have those records then, to back up the story? Where are the phone records showing Chris calling Erin on that day? Emails? Any proof at all of communication in which Chris could have lured Erin. They have Chris' phone. They have the Lee's computer. They can subpoena records from the Lee's ISP.. The Corwin's too. They can get Erin's phone records even without her phone. Any calls at all, even from public phone booths?? Isn't it strange no one has mentioned any of these yet?

Lol

Are you friends with Chris?

I'm surprised you haven't blame the hubby yet.

Chris is guilty. Jmo

And the conspiracy scenario is the only one that explains the Michael Beasley sighting. Remember, he's the guy who said he saw a 'short guy' with short blond hair parked in a car waiting for her to walk over to his car. MB said the guy was a small guy, that didn't look like the typical big strapping marine. Does that really sound like Chris?

Lol

Are you friends with Chris?

I'm surprised you haven't blame the hubby yet.

Chris is guilty. Jmo

HA! Friends with Chris? You must be kidding.

I think that Chris is a disgusting immature dumbass. He's a manipulative jackass who only cares about himself and he looks like Shrek's evil twin. I have absolutely no clue how he got anyone to marry him, and even less clue why someone as nice and beautiful as Erin would have ever gone near him in the first place. But there are worse people in this case.

Erin was married REALLY young. She was forced to move thousands of miles away, to the blistering heat of the desert no less, from her family and anyone she ever knew. She was left alone for weeks and months while her spouse was on exercises. I think that someone with so little respect for her, as to put her in that kind of situation, could be capable of anything. I'm sorry.

If I remember correctly JC was off that day.

Again this is a crime Sleuthing website. As long as it is respectful no one should be rude to anyone if they are questioning the case.
We can all question each other, and why so tied to something, but at the end of the day this site is about questioning. And I think dark77 brings up some interesting questions.

HA! Friends with Chris? You must be kidding.

I think that Chris is a disgusting immature dumbass. He's a manipulative jackass who only cares about himself and he looks like Shrek's evil twin. I have absolutely no clue how he got anyone to marry him, and even less clue why someone as nice and beautiful as Erin would have ever gone near him in the first place. But there are worse people in this case.

Erin was married REALLY young. She was forced to move thousands of miles away, to the blistering heat of the desert no less, from her family and anyone she ever knew. She was left alone for weeks and months while her spouse was on exercises. I think that someone with so little respect for her, as to put her in that kind of situation, could be capable of anything. I'm sorry.

The hubby didn't force her to do anything. He seemed trusting if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves