GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I understand what you're trying to say, but please let's all not forget what actually happened back there. They matched Erin's dental records at 9:30 pm. They arrested Chris Lee, and only Chris Lee, at 10 pm, thirty minutes later. It was the fastest arrest for murder in history(absent police at the scene crimes). All of the physical evidence was (according to local driving estimates) at least 2 hours away from a proper processing facility. They don't know when she was put there, or who had what alibi. This wasn't about evidence; someone decided this. Someone made the decision, early that summer, that if they found Erin's body they were going to arrest Chris Lee. Only Chris Lee. That's what they did. And everything they've done since then has been done to justify that decision.

Nichole is not going to be arrested, period.

Where are you getting this info that they didn't know who had alibis already and who didn't? Why do you believe they didn't already know a lot about what happened, BEFORE they found the body?

I understand what you're trying to say, but please let's all not forget what actually happened back there. They matched Erin's dental records at 9:30 pm. They arrested Chris Lee, and only Chris Lee, at 10 pm, thirty minutes later. It was the fastest arrest for murder in history(absent police at the scene crimes). All of the physical evidence was (according to local driving estimates) at least 2 hours away from a proper processing facility. They don't know when she was put there, or who had what alibi. This wasn't about evidence; someone decided this. Someone made the decision, early that summer, that if they found Erin's body they were going to arrest Chris Lee. Only Chris Lee. That's what they did. And everything they've done since then has been done to justify that decision.

Nichole is not going to be arrested, period.
You seem to be quite knowledgeable with insider information. Is it accurate and proven somewhere or just your opinion? Could you post links?

Apparently you were present in the courtroom. Websleuths has a process for family of victims or student professionals to become a verified insider. You could alert my post and ask a mod how to do that if you wish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Where are you getting this info that they didn't know who had alibis already and who didn't? Why do you believe they didn't already know a lot about what happened, BEFORE they found the body?

They don't have a time of death, so she could have been held somewhere for a week before she was killed, they just don't know. Does Nichole have an alibi for every possible time that Erin could have been killed?

They probably knew a lot. Did they know enough? Did they know the sprite bottle matched Chris and Erin? Did they know the torch matched Chris? Did they know the etchings on the shell casings matched Chris' gun?

What would they have done after arresting Chris, if they found out the crime scene and murder weapon had Nichole's prints all over it? That was a hell of a gamble.

They decided it was Chris first. And the evidence just happened to not be dispositive of that.

snipped and bold by me

Do you have a link for that? I hadn't heard that before.....TIA

http://erincorwinmurdertrial.blogspot.com/2016/10/day-five-part-one-wife-of-defendant.html?m=0

The bailiff approached the judge and told him he caught Nichole Lee talking to one of the jurors.

Both Daugherty and Kaloyanides were visibly dismayed at hearing this. Both attorneys asked the judge if he would call in the juror Nichole was seen chatting with, and ask what the two women were discussing.

The juror was called in and Judge Mazurek asked her about the topic of the conversation she had with the blond woman outside. Nichole's name was not used. The juror said she had complemented Nichole on her shoes, and Nichole was talking about where she got them. That was it, according to the juror.

Me: 1 juror was called in. I'll go with Beth's reporting on this. No mention of 2 jurors. Just dear sweet kind loving innocent Nichole Lee and one Juror. Ugggg!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

77Darkhorse7 ~ This has EVERYTHING to do with evidence! You are relying strictly on the affidavit that was written in the early stages of the investigation to obtain a search warrant.
That search warrant was released by accident, and all the evidence they have after that was sealed. None of us have any idea all the evidence they have.

That affidavit was quickly written and had some minor inconsistencies. I'm 100% sure LE knew this after reviewing, and then re-interviewing many people.

1. Nichole finds out in April that CL was having an affair with their neighbor and friend EC. Of course she hates her now, as anyone woman would.
She tells Megli, I'll kill her if she doesn't stay away from my husband."
It's a figure of speech. I myself have said I'll kill you if (such and such) I'm NOT REALLY gonna kill anybody. It's figurative language. Like "I'll die if she heard me."
Everybody has said things like that but nobody actually means them literally.
**Megli testified that on June 29, both Nichole and Chris were at Megli's horse ranch. Megli said she heard from Nichole that Erin Corwin was missing. Nichole said she believed Erin was playing a game and hiding but, as Megli testified, "She (Nichole) didn't care if she (Erin) was dead."
^^
Do you honestly think that Nichole would have said that to Megi IF she had actually killed Erin the day before?[/]

When the prosecutor asked Megli if Nichole said to her that Christopher Lee was "too stupid to keep his lies straight" she said "Yes."
^^^^
Megli said the media had twisted her words in her statements, and that Nicole did say said did say that, but Nichole also ended that same sentence with "he would accidentally incriminate himself, even if he hadn't done anything wrong, if he was grilled by detectives"

** 77Dakhorse7 This for you. I realize that the affidavit says Chris was worried that he didn't have a alibi for June 29, 2014. Even you have to admit that date could have easily been a typo, or simply a wrong date that megli gave to detectives. 1 day off is not that much off a stretch, especially if your surround by LE and you have no idea why. I'd be scared/rattled myself.

Why would Chris be worried about not having an alibi for Sunday, June 29 ?
Erin went missing on Saturday, June 28th?
He was at the ranch on Sunday with Nichole and their daughter that day. Lot's of alibi's for the 29th.
Not to mention one glaring mistake, made by every media outlet out there. Erin was NOT
3 months pregnant! She was only 3 weeks, give or take

sources
http://erincorwinmurdertrial.blogspot.com/2016/10/day-six-afternoon-session-with-isabella.html

http://www.cbs8.com/story/26134550/...ng-for-one-month-horse-ranch-owner-speaks-out

They don't have a time of death, so she could have been held somewhere for a week before she was killed, they just don't know. Does Nichole have an alibi for every possible time that Erin could have been killed?

They probably knew a lot. Did they know enough? Did they know the sprite bottle matched Chris and Erin? Did they know the torch matched Chris? Did they know the etchings on the shell casings matched Chris' gun?

What would they have done after arresting Chris, if they found out the crime scene and murder weapon had Nichole's prints all over it? That was a hell of a gamble.

They decided it was Chris first. And the evidence just happened to not be dispositive of that.

Even if she had been held for a week, they still knew who she was with when she went missing. And if they found out later that Nicholes prints were included, then she would have been arrested as well.

Chris was about ready to leave the state and move to Alaska. It would have been a bigger gamble NOT to arrest him while they still had the chance.

They already knew he had lured the victim out to the desert that day. They already knew she had an affair with him and was possibly pregnant by him. They had a lot of reasons to want him in jail while they continued to investigate.

Even if she had been held for a week, they still knew who she was with when she went missing. And if they found out later that Nicholes prints were included, then she would have been arrested as well.

Chris was about ready to leave the state and move to Alaska. It would have been a bigger gamble NOT to arrest him while they still had the chance.

They already knew he had lured the victim out to the desert that day. They already knew she had an affair with him and was possibly pregnant by him. They had a lot of reasons to want him in jail while they continued to investigate.

They actually arrested him in Alaska. He/they left while the SAR continued searching.

They found the mine some time on Saturday. They were using helicopters to transport the searchers to the area. (I remember running outside to look every time I heard a chopper to see if it was military or a SAR during that time and even specifically on that Saturday and Sunday!) They went back on Sunday with the man who went down into the mine to retrieve Erin.

They had all the rest of the time on Saturday and all day Sunday to retrieve and process evidence around the mine. Once she was positively identified, they did the arrest warrant.

If I remember correctly, the press conference said they the FBI and the Alaska police had been cooperating and keeping an eye on CL. So once they knew it was Erin, along with all the evidence they had already collected, he was arrested quickly.

(Unless you mean the initial arrest for the potato gun. That was done her in Cali.)

http://erincorwinmurdertrial.blogspot.com/2016/10/day-five-part-one-wife-of-defendant.html?m=0

The bailiff approached the judge and told him he caught Nichole Lee talking to one of the jurors.

Both Daugherty and Kaloyanides were visibly dismayed at hearing this. Both attorneys asked the judge if he would call in the juror Nichole was seen chatting with, and ask what the two women were discussing.

The juror was called in and Judge Mazurek asked her about the topic of the conversation she had with the blond woman outside. Nichole's name was not used. The juror said she had complemented Nichole on her shoes, and Nichole was talking about where she got them. That was it, according to the juror.

Me: 1 juror was called in. I'll go with Beth's reporting on this. No mention of 2 jurors. Just dear sweet kind loving innocent Nichole Lee and one Juror. Ugggg!!!

Same thing I've read. ONE juror. Never anything mentioned by anyone that a second juror was involved!

Same thing I've read. ONE juror. Never anything mentioned by anyone that a second juror was involved!

If another Juror was involved the bailiff would have reported it to the Judge and that Juror would have been called in. Common sense

They actually arrested him in Alaska. He/they left while the SAR continued searching.

They found the mine some time on Saturday. They were using helicopters to transport the searchers to the area. (I remember running outside to look every time I heard a chopper to see if it was military or a SAR during that time and even specifically on that Saturday and Sunday!) They went back on Sunday with the man who went down into the mine to retrieve Erin.

They had all the rest of the time on Saturday and all day Sunday to retrieve and process evidence around the mine. Once she was positively identified, they did the arrest warrant.

If I remember correctly, the press conference said they the FBI and the Alaska police had been cooperating and keeping an eye on CL. So once they knew it was Erin, along with all the evidence they had already collected, he was arrested quickly.

(Unless you mean the initial arrest for the potato gun. That was done her in Cali.)

Oops. Thanks, I forgot that he was already in Alaska. Thats where they found the other garrote under motherinlaws drivers seat.

http://www.hidesertstar.com/news/article_cd1eed4e-96f9-11e6-a1ea-8f0123abd35a.html

After the short on-the-record conversation, there was a slight problem that held court up even more: Nichole Lee talked with a juror outside of the courtroom. She said she did not know the group of people outside were jurors, and the juror she spoke to just complimented her outfit.

Bold by me

Note that it is juror singular that she spoke to. Nothing mentioned about speaking to more than one or another juror yelling at her

......They had all the rest of the time on Saturday and all day Sunday to retrieve and process evidence around the mine. ......

But not THE piece of evidence. In fact the garrote was not processed at all until after Dr. Sheridan had removed it from Erin's body back at the lab. Nichole's fingerprints could have been all over that thing. They didn't know. They didn't care.

As a matter of fact, Erin was lying on top of most of the evidence they collected from the mine. They couldn't bring that up before bringing her up first.

It is so exhausting to try & type with unlink deleted! It takes me forever, then won't let me go back up in my post to see what I've already typed. :tantrum: It keeps automatically bringing me back down to the last line in my sentence. I know you all are tired of my complaining, just try and remember this when you see all my posts that make no sense. TIA :loveyou:

When you think about it, It was Erin herself, who told us who her killer was.
CL didn't bank on that one now did he?
Thank goodness for best friends, huh? They hold a lot of our secrets, and we hold theirs as well. Then we put them in the vault, which there is no key for.
...Unless of course they're needed to come out, for reasons such as this one...

I'm really anxious for todays testimony!
Praying for a good day~

It is so exhausting to try & type with unlink deleted! It takes me forever, then won't let me go back up in my post to see what I've already typed. :tantrum: It keeps automatically bringing me back down to the last line in my sentence. I know you all are tired of my complaining, just try and remember this when you see all my posts that make no sense. TIA :loveyou:

When you think about it, It was Erin herself, who told us who her killer was.
CL didn't bank on that one now did he?
Thank goodness for best friends, huh? They hold a lot of our secrets, and we hold theirs as well. Then we put them in the vault, which there is no key for.
...Unless of course they're needed to come out, for reasons such as this one...

I'm really anxious for todays testimony!
Praying for a good day~

Hi

Don't know if this thread might help you get answers about your posting but worth looking at

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?319441-Major-Formatting-and-all-CAPS-Problems

77dark, I hear what you're saying I really do and I appreciate your passion for Erin's justice. But this is what is being presented and tried. He confessed. Unless there is someone in law enforcement that smells something funky as well this is what we're looking at. I'm happy that dear Erin was found. My god to think of her family if they still had no answers.

Nichole didn't kill Erin. Don't you think that LE checked her alibi out times 100?
LE wasn't just looking around and choosing whoever they wanted to be guilty.
CL said himself that NL couldn't get a hold of him all day and it caused her to have an asthma attack.
NL didn't know Erin was even pregnant. NL and Jon both thought the affair was over.
That's the reason CL killed EC. He was getting out of the service and they were moving back to Alaska.
He was trying to make sure NL didn't find out they were still seeing one another.
There is no way Erin woud have gotten in the same car s NL. The drive up to the mines was torturous, NL didn't/wouldn't have the strength to kill EC the way she was killed.

Why do you want NL to be Erin's killer so bad?
What about her daughter? In your Theory was someone else babysitting her, or was she along for the ride with her mother.
You have to know that LE have NL's fingerprints. I'm sure the unknown fingerprint has been PROVEN NOT to be NL's...or anyone else's that have been interviewed or known.

:waiting: and not very patiently might I add. :wink:

I am going back and forth from here to FB, to #erincorwin, to Joe Nelson and then back here.
rinse and repeat
Looking for a place to land :smile:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves