GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Beth Ford Roth Twitter

Both the defense and prosecution have rested. Closing arguments expected tomorrow #ErinCorwin

@bethfordroth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beth Ford Roth‏@bethfordroth [video=twitter;793526695248531456]https://twitter.com/bethfordroth/status/793526695248531456[/video] Both the defense and prosecution have rested. Closing arguments expected tomorrow #ErinCorwin

Sorry Meemaw, I didn't see your post before me. I forgot to refresh the page

What? The defense isn't even going to call NL to bolster CL's offensive allegations?

Unless they're angling for an appeal based on IAC, I have no idea what's going on here. Unless the defense pulls out a miracle during closing arguments, CL is going down hard. I am fervently hoping, for the sake of EC's family, that it's as simple as all that and we are on the verge of seeing justice for this sweet girl.

Sorry Meemaw, I didn't see your post before me. I forgot to refresh the page

Glad you posted also for some reason when I copy it won't bring her @ over

77Darkhorse7 ~ This has EVERYTHING to do with evidence! You are relying strictly on the affidavit that was written in the early stages of the investigation to obtain a search warrant.
That search warrant was released by accident, and all the evidence they have after that was sealed. None of us have any idea all the evidence they have.

That affidavit was quickly written and had some minor inconsistencies. I'm 100% sure LE knew this after reviewing, and then re-interviewing many people.

1. Nichole finds out in April that CL was having an affair with their neighbor and friend EC. Of course she hates her now, as anyone woman would.
She tells Megli, I'll kill her if she doesn't stay away from my husband."
It's a figure of speech. I myself have said I'll kill you if (such and such) I'm NOT REALLY gonna kill anybody. It's figurative language. Like "I'll die if she heard me."
Everybody has said things like that but nobody actually means them literally.
**Megli testified that on June 29, both Nichole and Chris were at Megli's horse ranch. Megli said she heard from Nichole that Erin Corwin was missing. Nichole said she believed Erin was playing a game and hiding but, as Megli testified, "She (Nichole) didn't care if she (Erin) was dead."
^^
Do you honestly think that Nichole would have said that to Megi IF she had actually killed Erin the day before?[/]

When the prosecutor asked Megli if Nichole said to her that Christopher Lee was "too stupid to keep his lies straight" she said "Yes."
^^^^
Megli said the media had twisted her words in her statements, and that Nicole did say said did say that, but Nichole also ended that same sentence with "he would accidentally incriminate himself, even if he hadn't done anything wrong, if he was grilled by detectives"

** 77Dakhorse7 This for you. I realize that the affidavit says Chris was worried that he didn't have a alibi for June 29, 2014. Even you have to admit that date could have easily been a typo, or simply a wrong date that megli gave to detectives. 1 day off is not that much off a stretch, especially if your surround by LE and you have no idea why. I'd be scared/rattled myself.

Why would Chris be worried about not having an alibi for Sunday, June 29 ?
Erin went missing on Saturday, June 28th?
He was at the ranch on Sunday with Nichole and their daughter that day. Lot's of alibi's for the 29th.
Not to mention one glaring mistake, made by every media outlet out there. Erin was NOT
3 months pregnant! She was only 3 weeks, give or take

sources
http://erincorwinmurdertrial.blogspot.com/2016/10/day-six-afternoon-session-with-isabella.html

http://www.cbs8.com/story/26134550/...ng-for-one-month-horse-ranch-owner-speaks-out

Wasn't it said in the early days that Chris stayed gone a few days and didn't go home or was that rumor?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Oops. Thanks, I forgot that he was already in Alaska. Thats where they found the other garrote under motherinlaws drivers seat.
I wonder if he threatened NL with this garrote or why they had it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Colin Atagi
Colin Atagi – Verified account ‏@TDSColinAtagi

In court for Christopher Lee case. He isn't denying strangling Erin Corwin when mentioned by prosecutor @MyDesert

Colin Atagi

Christopher Lee says he was suicidal prior to Erin Corwin's death, played Russian roulette for a month @MyDesert

Colin Atagi

Christopher Lee testified "I made the decision to kill (Erin Corwin) ...... I was consumed by anger." @MyDesert

Colin Atagi

Prosecution just showed video of mine shaft, Erin Corwin's foot visible @MyDesert

Prosecutor: You're the one who killed (Erin)?
Chris Lee: Yes I am.
Prosecutor: You're the one who strangled her?
Lee: Yes I am @MyDesert

Colin Atagi

Christopher Lee says he strangled Erin Corwin at least five minutes, stopped after anger subsided @MyDesert
Colin Atagi

Christopher Lee says he pushed Erin Corwin's body head first down the mine shaft. Prosecutor is showing photo of her body @MyDesert

Colin Atagi

Christopher Lee says Erin Corwin confessed to molesting his daughter shortly before she was killed @MyDesert

Christopher Lee: "I'm no longer scared to tell the truth. People have to know what I did." @MyDesert

Colin Atagi

Christopher Lee is off the stand. No more witnesses. Both sides rest. Closing arguments tomorrow. @MyDesert

Colin Atari is a reporter for the desert sun in Palm Springs

Sounds like Chris feels a sense of relief.

Sounds like Chris feels a sense of relief.

He does, wish he had told the whole truth and not the made up lies about Erin. But I have faith in this jury. None of what he said about Erin makes sense I think they will know.

RIP Erin. My heart goes out to all who loved her. I know what you did. I just will never believe the why of it you state.

Colin Atagi ‏@TDSColinAtagi 2h2 hours ago
Christopher Lee is off the stand. No more witnesses. Both sides rest. Closing arguments tomorrow. @MyDesert

Colin Atagi ‏@TDSColinAtagi 2h2 hours ago
Christopher Lee: "I'm no longer scared to tell the truth. People have to know what I did." @MyDesert

Colin Atagi ‏@TDSColinAtagi 3h3 hours ago
Christopher Lee says Erin Corwin confessed to molesting his daughter shortly before she was killed @MyDesert

Christopher Lee says he pushed Erin Corwin's body head first down the mine shaft. Prosecutor is showing photo of her body @MyDesert

Christopher Lee says he strangled Erin Corwin at least five minutes, stopped after anger subsided @MyDesert

Prosecutor: You're the one who killed (Erin)?
Chris Lee: Yes I am.
Prosecutor: You're the one who strangled her?
Lee: Yes I am

Prosecution just showed video of mine shaft, Erin Corwin's foot visible @MyDesert

Christopher Lee testified "I made the decision to kill (Erin Corwin) ...... I was consumed by anger." @MyDesert

Christopher Lee says he was suicidal prior to Erin Corwin's death, played Russian roulette for a month @MyDesert

In court for Christopher Lee case. He isn't denying strangling Erin Corwin when mentioned by prosecutor @MyDesert

I will keep in mind the jury got to see hrs of video interrogating tape of CL, the jury will be able to compare it with his testimony. I believe they will be able to see how easily he lies.

Add to that

He testifies NL told him and he continues the affair.

IMO

I hope someday he tells his daughter the truth that she was never harmed in any way by Erin.

I'm sorry to say it but it looks like both sides have behaved in an absolutely ridiculous manner in this case. If Christopher Brandon Lee, is so demented as to think this line of defense, based totally on his own word, is going to afford him a way out of punishment... He's out of his ever loving mind. Let the *advertiser censored* fry for all I care

However, if this defense of smearing the victim's name, her reputation, damaging people's memories of her, and perverting the meaning of justice came about as a direct result of some imbecilic Judge's decision to preclude any much more reasonable defenses (such as someone else committed the crime), then may all rulings that Judge ever made be overturned, and let God commit his being over to everlasting destruction, and his existence be forgotten forever. May any wealth he accumulated be consumed by the earth and converted to magma such that his children not even benefit from the fact he ever existed, save for their lives.

"Aren't you overlooking the bigger point? He stated he saw Erin's car, checked the tires, did not see Erin, and left." I've never understood the term used here: "checked the tires." I've never checked anyone else's tires except for wondering about chalk marks on a vehicle left in one spot too long (in a metro city, not in the high desert.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves
Back