GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He confessed. The trial is held to defend his guilt. He confessed that he is guilty of the crime he is on trial for. I don't know for sure but I don't think the trial will continue. Unless the defense attorney strongly believes it was a false confession. I don't know if the jury still has to return a guilty verdict or they are dismissed or the judge schedules his sentence hearing next. But a trial won't continue if the defendant confessed to why they were all there in the first place.

But it did continue. At least this afternoon, CL was to continue his testimony that we are waiting to hear about.

And depending on how long that took possibly NL, too.

I can't imagine the trial ending with just his testimony and cross. Even with NL testifying and her cross.

I mean seriously he said NL accused EC before finding out about the affair.

We know after she found out about the affair she went to JC and told him about the affair but nothing about the abuse of her child.

Who in the hell would believe that Bulls$$t story?

Jon already testified def ask him about EC relationship with her sister nothing about CL child. DA ask him about the relationship with the child.

Beth wrote about it in day 1 blog.

I apologize I'm so upset about this I know I'm probably not making sense. I have faith in the DA he will straighten this crap out.

I was molested when I was a child by the ins man when my parents came home ( I had walked home from school for lunch and they weren't home) I told them. They immediately took me to the hospital. That's what parents do not this bull$**** he is saying. Back in 1954 they didn't have counseling or anything like that but today they have many services to help a victim. You don't get over it but you do get through it.

And top it all off, he kept the affair going after all this supposedly happened.

And it really &isses me off that he would use his little girl to try to get off. So freakin sick I can't stand it.

$$$@@@@&(;/357@)4

Sorry I'll go in the corner now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a reminder, this is what Beth wrote about Jon's testimony from Day 1 and the defense's question about Erin's younger sister

"Erin's husband, Jon Corwin, was the second witness to testify. Daugherty asked Jon about his relationship with Erin, Erin's relationship with the defendant, and Erin's relationship with the defendant's young daughter. The defense attorney cross-examined Jon, asking him about Erin's relationship with her younger sister, Trish, who passed away when she was a child. The defense attorney seemed to want to make some connection between Erin's feelings for her sister, and her feelings for the defendant's young daughter. Not sure what he's getting at there."

Link is upthread - I am on tapatalk[emoji12]

Maybe that is what the wifey is for? To testify to the discovery of the abuse....:mad:

But why? He can say all he wants it doesn't matter for his trial.
He confessed. Case closed. Sentence time.
The judge can take his sentence under consideration if the abuse can be verified but otherwise this should move right into the sentencing stage.

Anyone know how Jon had been doing? Did he know about the affair before Erin's death?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So what happens now that he confessed? No more witnesses, no more trial, they will go right to sentencing at a future hearing I believe. Nichole doesn't get to testify.
She can read a statement to the court for his sentencing.

Nope. Chris is charged with first degree murder. That's planning with time to consider. He's arguing that he didn't plan it, the trial goes on.

I guess if they want to allow him to keep talking and saying what he knows... I see no reason for NL to say anything. If she wants to further the abuse allegations thats another venue for another time.

But I really don't know how it works. ((shrug))

I can't imagine the trial ending with just his testimony and cross. Even with NL testifying and her cross.

I mean seriously he said NL accused EC before finding out about the affair.

We know after she found out about the affair she went to JC and told him about the affair but nothing about the abuse of her child.

Who in the hell would believe that Bulls$$t story?

Jon already testified def ask him about EC relationship with her sister nothing about CL child. DA ask him about the relationship with the child.

Beth wrote about it in day 1 blog.

I apologize I'm so upset about this I know I'm probably not making sense. I have faith in the DA he will straighten this crap out.

I was molested when I was a child by the ins man when my parents came home ( I had walked home from school for lunch and they weren't home) I told them. They immediately took me to the hospital. That's what parents do not this bull$**** he is saying. Back in 1954 they didn't have counseling or anything like that but today they have many services to help a victim. You don't get over it but you do get through it.

And top it all off, he kept the affair going after all this supposedly happened.

And it really &isses me off that he would use his little girl to try to get off. So freakin sick I can't stand it.

$$$@@@@&(;/357@)4

Sorry I'll go in the corner now.

I'm so sorry that happened to you Meemaw, big hugs to you my friend.

Nope. Chris is charged with first degree murder. That's planning with time to consider. He's arguing that he didn't plan it, the trial goes on.

ok, so that kind of makes sense. The trial continues so he can fight for a lesser charge of not laying in wait etc...
Like I said I really don't know how it works when you get a confession mid trial.

As a reminder, this is what Beth wrote about Jon's testimony from Day 1 and the defense's question about Erin's younger sister

"Erin's husband, Jon Corwin, was the second witness to testify. Daugherty asked Jon about his relationship with Erin, Erin's relationship with the defendant, and Erin's relationship with the defendant's young daughter. The defense attorney cross-examined Jon, asking him about Erin's relationship with her younger sister, Trish, who passed away when she was a child. The defense attorney seemed to want to make some connection between Erin's feelings for her sister, and her feelings for the defendant's young daughter. Not sure what he's getting at there."

Link is upthread - I am on tapatalk[emoji12]

Now those questions make sense. The State was preparing the jury for what was to come.

I hope these worthless defense attorneys rot in he!!.....:mad:

I don't know how he can argue that he didn't plan it when he had a propane tank and a pre-made garotte with which to kill her out in the middle of the desert.

My heart goes out to Erin's family and friends. If the prosecution knew this was coming I hope they gave the family some warning. Poor Erin.

I am stunned. Completely a BS Baez move....only it won't work this time.

It also explains why he had the other garrote in his car in Alaska, for his defense. He can say he always drove around with one in his car and picked it up and strangled Erin with it, hoping to disprove the lying in wait circumstances of the killing. If he made it and brought it with him to use on Erin that proves he planned it. If he always had one in his car for whatever reason then it wasn't planned when he happened to use it in the heat of the moment. He wanted LE to find it; it is part of his defense.

He, and his wife, make me sick to my stomach.

My heart goes out to Erin's family and loved ones.

It also explains why he had the other garrote in his car in Alaska, for his defense. He can say he always drove around with one in his car and picked it up and strangled Erin with it, hoping to disprove the lying in wait circumstances of the killing. If he made it and brought it with him to use on Erin that proves he planned it. If he always had one in his car for whatever reason then it wasn't planned when he happened to use it in the heat of the moment. He wanted LE to find it; it is part of his defense.

Yeah, because everyone I know has a handmade garrote under the front seat, you know, just in case it's needed....

Yeah, because everyone I know has a handmade garrote under the front seat, you know, just in case it's needed....

Exactly katydid
We also carry a propane tank, gasoline, rope, old tires and latex gloves...NOT
Prisoners talk. He learned/heard that even the worst hardened criminals, the most dangerous men in prison do not tolerate other incarcerated inmates that have molested children.

So he uses the most vile and heinous act there is to counter his reasoning for violently killing Erin. (We all remember Jodi Arias heard it in jail and threw that in her defense as well)
I am livid! My heart literally breaks for Erin's mother. As if this trial 2 years later hasn't reopened raw wounds of having to hear all the devastating details of her daughter's last breath wasn't enough to bear, CL gets up on the stand and throws another dagger in her heart by saying her 19 yr. daughter was a child molester! :mad:
Then, no court for 4 more days!!

I woke up at 1:15 am this morning thinking about this trial, and came in here to read Beth's blog and I wasn't up yet. I read she had a migraine, bless her heart. I have been fortunate enough to have never experienced one, but my best friend gets them and has to lay in bed with the shades drawn sometimes for 3 days at a time.

Has anyone seen any article's on the 2nd part of trial yesterday?

It also explains why he had the other garrote in his car in Alaska, for his defense. He can say he always drove around with one in his car and picked it up and strangled Erin with it, hoping to disprove the lying in wait circumstances of the killing[b/]. If he made it and brought it with him to use on Erin that proves he planned it. If he always had one in his car for whatever reason then it wasn't planned when he happened to use it in the heat of the moment. He wanted LE to find it; it is part of his defense.

You might be right Voice4theSilent, I never considered that.
I think it makes him look more like a serial killer! I think he enjoyed killing her, and if he hadn't gotten caught, he would have done it again.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KazPsi
Back