GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I read here last eve but felt too sick to respond. My heart goes out to Erin, Jon, Family and Friends. So Evil........words are not adequate!

Yesterday I was so livid at the injustice for Erin's family. Not only was she taken from them but then to smear her name.
This morning I thought about Erin's mother and husband. Would they give this monster any more of their energy? They want justice for Erin. We do, too. I won't write anything else about CL's fictional accounts. Erin deserves better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been following along but haven't posted on this thread. CL's stunt yesterday reminds me of how JA gleefully tried to destroy Travis Alexander's reputation and undermine his integrity with all of her heinous lies. IMO it's just one final way a murderer can inflict more damage on the victims of their crime, this time targeted at Erin's loved ones. They know her and they love her. They know none of this is true, but it must be devastating to hear something so disgusting being said about their beloved girl.

If NL gets a chance to testify I think she will take the JA approach of happily piling on lies and disgusting details she will claim to be true, not to try and protect her husband but in order to hurt Erin's family more. She will enjoy it immensely and take no concern about how this will impact her own daughter growing up because she hated Erin that much.

And I'm sure Erin just "Happened" to land on a propane tank and two jugs of gasoline that were lying at the bottom of a mine shaft for some reason. And maybe then Chris couldn't bring himself to blow up the evidence because "he still loved her" :blushing: I just hope that someone is "too dumb" to see what's really about to happen here.

Yup, he just happened to have a homemade garrote in his hand when she confessed...because he doesn't leave home without one. No one is buying this, I can assure you. Not looking forward to what is to come if NL is allowed up on the stand and I hope the prosecution goes after him (and her, if she testifies) HARD.

(I find myself wishing his game of Russian Roulette had gone differently that day...if he indeed played.....)

I have to point out how ridiculous it even sounds that "suspicious irritation on genitals" of a 6 year old girl would automatically make a parent assume that their child had been molested. And that the parents would automatically assume it was Erin....and then continue to let her watch their child. It's all such disgusting, made up BS. My only peace comes with the knowledge that NO jury on Earth will buy this junk. This defense is going to backfire on him BIG TIME.

Apologies for kind of butting in here, I have only followed this case in the loosest of ways, and know very little detail.
Has there ever been even a whiff of this supposed abuse prior to yesterday?

From the outside looking in, reading through this thread it seems the motivation for this claim is pretty obvious. The judge flat out tells the Defense that the State has more than proven their case.
The very next day the defendant admits his guilt, with this revolting caveat.

I really doubt NL had the chance to groom her daughter with this story, because it was just made up yesterday when the judge basically told them they were screwed.

How lucky that he had his garrote all ready to go when she confessed her sin, right? Puhlease.

Beth Ford Roth posts in the Justice for Erin Corwin group on FB. If you are a member you can read there.

<modsnip>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apologies for kind of butting in here, I have only followed this case in the loosest of ways, and know very little detail.

From the outside looking in, reading through this thread it seems the motivation for this claim is pretty obvious. The judge flat out tells the Defense that the State has more than proven their case.

I really doubt NL had the chance to groom her daughter with this story, because it was just made up yesterday when the judge basically told them they were screwed.

How lucky that he had his garrote all ready to go when she confessed her sin, right? Puhlease.

And how does it make any sense, that a young vulnerable pregnant woman, would choose to confess to sexually abusing a father's young child, when they were out alone, in a remote desert, and he was holding a loaded weapon, and playing Russian Roulette.

Beth Ford Roth posts in the Justice for Erin Corwin group on FB. If you are a member you can read there.

<modsnip>

It's just so gross that they are willing to drag their daughter through this, putting her on the stand to testify about sexual abuse and it following her the rest of her life....haven't they done enough to ruin her life thus far, in just her six short years of life? Her dad is going away for murder, some will always question her mother's level of involvement, and now to do this to her? My heart breaks for that little girl. She doesn't deserve any of this. Three lives now ruined by this monster. Enough.

<modsnip>

Thank you Meemaw. Poor child, my heart hurts for her.

And how does it make any sense, that a young vulnerable pregnant woman, would choose to confess to sexually abusing a father's young child, when they were out alone, in a remote desert, and he was holding a loaded weapon, and playing Russian Roulette.

Yes!! If that is true, I can only imagine how badly that scared Erin. Scary that a person would be doing that in front if you with a gun .

This sounds more like a dream than anything else. You know, where nothing is really explained or makes sense but the dreamer just knows it's true. Like first Erin's in the car while he's trying to start a fire and he tries and tries and nothing's happening, and then of course he's playing russian roulette in his car, that's the next logical event, while she just walks off to look at another mine. Then his mistress tells him she molested his daughter, he freaks out, kills her over a mine and she drops..... ...Then she takes off her energy mask and she's Cameron Diaz

If he were going to use that climbing rope to pull the tank back up, why put tires on top of it? And more importantly, why is it still down there while he's trying to start the fire? You fill the shaft with propane, pull up the tank, then light the fire.

Where Are The Bullets?

My thoughts as well Kadoober.

I think what the judge said to him Wed. completely scared the $hit out of him, and this was a last minute decision that CL decided to go with...(just my own speculation of course)
He knew he was going down, and wanted to make sure he took Erin's reputation down with him. Using the most heinous, wicked EVIL "reason" he could, thinking (in his own pathetic sick mind) that the jury would be more sympathetic with his sentencing.

Judge Mazurek
In denying this motion, the usually jovial Mazurek became very serious and told Kaloyanides that the prosecution more than proved its case, and that a reasonable jury would be able to conclude that the defendant was guilty of first degree murder with the special circumstance of lying in wait. Mazurek said there was plenty of evidence proving the defendant planned the murder, while letting the victim believe he was planning a special surprise for her:
"In fact, it was a surprise trip for her, but not in the way she thought."

I have never EVER heard of anyone pleading NOT GUILTY, then going through a trial, letting everyone hear all the vile and disgusting things he has said and done (evidence) only to get up on the stand and say he did kill her? And then the vicious things/lies he uses as his "reason" makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Erin had molested his daughter<modsnip>. (Lee testified earlier that Nichole saw "suspicious" irritation on L's genitals) and automatically assumed she was molested, by Erin Corwin although neither parent called law enforcement or a pediatrician - in fact, both parents continued to let Erin babysit Liberty.
HUH??? NO ONE is going to believe his Lying arse :dervish:
Not buying it...neither will the jurors :nono:

he just happened to have a garrote in his hand when Erin "confessed" and he got so angry he strangled Erin to death, then dumped her body down the mine shaft.
Just happened to have it handy? :crazy:
Not buying it, neither will he jurors :nono:

I don't believe for a minute he was depressed, suicdal and played Russian Rolette with himself...And neither will jury.

Forgive any mistakes...I have somehow deleted my unlink button, it has literally taken me 45 minutes to type this.

The climbing rope attached to the tank doesn't necessarily indicate a desire to pull the tank back up the mine shaft, it may have been used and intended only to simply lower the tank down with an element of precision or control.

I know exactly what's going to happen next. It's right out of the hammy defense textbook.

The prosecution is going to cross, and they're gonna poke so many holes in this stupid story, by the time they're done it'll be like the ants got into the Swiss Cheese.

Then. Nichole goes up, ostensibly to rehabilitate the story. Instead, Kaloyanides will ask her a couple questions to further weaken the story.

Then he'll ask her to drop the story entirely, and he himself will say all of the things everyone has been thinking about it, how it's vile, putrid, evil, dragging through the mud, etc.

Then he asks, why! Why, would Chris stoop SO LOW as to make up this ridiculous fiction.

Then Nichole says, "To protect me!!", then with a little tear in her eye, she says "I did it"

K: Did what?

N: It was me, I did it, I killed her

Everyone gasps.

Then he leads Nichole, question by question through HER version of having killed Erin.

But, he won't leave it there. No, that's when it really starts. She just wanted to cast doubt, but Kaloyanides has other plans. He begins tightening the noose around her neck. The prosecution will object: "Your honor, he can't interrogate his own witness"

K: "Your honor, she's their witness to, obviously they thought she was credible at some point"

Judge: Overruled

Then comes the impeachment phase, where evidence (even evidence no one has seen yet) is allowed to be introduced, to disprove any statements she made that were lies. He'll be like: "In this video, here you are picking up blue nitrile gloves with chris in the parking lot." "Here's a log showing you changing the time on your computer to look up..." questionable searches "...when Chris wasn't there" "You're the one who hated the victim" "Here's you looking up Nail Salons on Chris' phone" etc. and hopefully many more.

You bashed her head in, and two days later, Chris helped you clean up the mess. Then you tried to frame him in Alaska Etc.

It'll be sweet.

77Darkhorse7- I mean this in the most respectful way ... are you writing a fiction-based novel?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves
Back