GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
77Darkhorse7- I mean this in the most respectful way ... are you writing a fiction-based novel?
There's only one way a man as smart as David Kaloyanides let's his defendant say something like that on the stand. He's got something BIGGER planned.

Darkhorse - we all know you are entitled to your opinion and you have been a part of Erin's thread since the very beginning with a lot of us. But I just have to say this: poor Erin doesn't deserve to be made into some sort of joke. Please remember, her loved ones read here. While levity is needed every once in a while - especially in case as tragic as Erin's- please, I respectfully ask that you don't make a mockery of the trial in which her murderer will hopefully be brought to justice.

jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darkhorse - we all know you are entitled to your opinion and you have been a part of Erin's thread since the very beginning with a lot of us. But I just have to say this: poor Erin doesn't deserve to be made into some sort of joke. Please remember, her loved ones read here. While levity is needed every once in a while - especially in case as tragic as Erin's- please, I respectfully ask that you don't make a mockery of the trial in which her murderer will hopefully be brought to justice.

jmo

I don't think it appropriate to accuse someone of levity or joking when they say something you don't agree with. I promise you, I take this case VERY seriously.

From a cursory glance, I believe it likely has to do with Chris responses about how the molestation came to be revealed to him. That's where the account differs somewhat from Beth's.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

There's only one way a man as smart as David Kaloyanides let's his defendant say something like that on the stand. He's got something BIGGER planned.

David Kaloyanides, regardless of how "smart" he is, can only do so much with the facts of the case. Chris killed Erin and did a terrible job trying to hide it. There is zero defense to save him from a guilty verdict so he is going to try and lessen his sentence by *trying* to cast doubt on the special circumstance charge of Lying in Wait (which won't work.) If you really think NL is going to go on the stand and also admit to killing Erin, fine....let them BOTH rot in jail but he isn't innocent.

Guess the reported mistated something in the article and someone pointed it out?

Agreed.

Note to self...download as do many other :websleuther: do to see changes in articles or have when link goes poof! So many cases the links go away and change within hours

David Kaloyanides, regardless of how "smart" he is, can only do so much with the facts of the case. Chris killed Erin and did a terrible job trying to hide it. There is zero defense to save him from a guilty verdict so he is going to try and lessen his sentence by *trying* to cast doubt on the special circumstance charge of Lying in Wait (which won't work.) If you really think NL is going to go on the stand and also admit to killing Erin, fine....let them BOTH rot in jail but he isn't innocent.

Not really directing this question to you, just musing out loud. Why would Nichole get on the stand and admit she killed Erin? Maybe she thinks Frontera is a resort? Sorry bad humor, but this is all so ridiculous. I am struggling to understand why we have wasted over two years of the State of California's time and resources, and more importantly put Erin's family through hell.

Strange? What gives?

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...lee-testifies-he-killed-erin-corwin/92899142/

" Editor's note: A story that previously appeared at this URL has been removed while The Desert Sun seeks to confirm details of the testimony in the trial of Christopher Brandon Lee, accused of killing 19-year-old Erin Corwin."

Sorry for quoting myself, but I'm going back on this thread, googled.. and I don't see anything posted at this website previously to this post by the Desert Sun at all.

Guess I am a bad sleuther...

Strange? What gives?

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...lee-testifies-he-killed-erin-corwin/92899142/

" Editor's note: A story that previously appeared at this URL has been removed while The Desert Sun seeks to confirm details of the testimony in the trial of Christopher Brandon Lee, accused of killing 19-year-old Erin Corwin."

Here's a link to the article through the WayBack Machine:

Report: Accused murderer of Erin Corwin confesses in court
Sherry Barkas , The Desert Sun 2:29 p.m. PDT October 28, 2016

After his confession, Judge David Mazurek called Lee’s wife, Nichole, into the courtroom and informed her, as she held back tears, that she and her daughter will need to be present in court in case the prosecution calls on them to testify next week.

http://m.hidesertstar.com/mobile/news/article_8a70e952-9da2-11e6-b2c2-6b557384b1a2.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The details of his demonstration with the doll are utterly horrific. I am so sorry for Erin's family. I know this is needed to secure justice, but I just feel so bad for them!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The details of his demonstration with the doll are utterly horrific. I am so sorry for Erin's family. I know this is needed to secure justice, but I just feel so bad for them!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Utterly disgusting. I can't even imagine watching that as a juror, much less her family.

To the untrained eye, this testimony of Chris' may seem to solve everything, but it does not. I am not referring to motive here, <modsnip> I'm talking about evidence. This covers some evidence problems, mainly with order of placement in the mine. It explains why the fuel elements were below the body in the shaft. And why the sprite bottle was there. Here's a preliminary list of things that do not fit this new story:

The tire treads don't match. If he picked her up in his Jeep and drove her straight to the mine, why don't the treads match?

The car and the driver don't match If it was the Jeep, why did MB see a bright red compact car with a tiny blonde haired guy pick a girl up?

The dates don't match. If it all happened at once like that on the 28th, why was Chris so concerned about his alibi for the 29th of June?

The absence of conspirators doesn't match Why did Nichole say she managed to keep her "story" straight, and they "didn't get anything"?

Nichole's knowledge doesn't fit. If Chris never told Nichole, how would she know to implicate him in the disappearance?

Cell phone records do not support it. Erin's phone cut out 20 minutes before Chris' did. Why would Erin's phone shut off so quickly?

Crime scene evidence does not fit with it. Erin had been strangled so severely that her blood got on the handles of the garrote. If this had happened anywhere near to the time her body was dropped, there would have been blood all over the walls of the mine. There was none. (The heart can keep beating for as many as 5 minutes after brain death)

Lack of clean up efforts are not believable. Chris wanted to hide what he'd done, so why didn't he go back with explosives, or thermite, as marines are trained to do, and blast to cover everything up? He could have gotten the tank back too. He had a whole day to do something before she was even reported missing. What happened?

This is just a cursory review. I'm sure there are many other problems with it.

To the untrained eye, this testimony of Chris' may seem to solve everything, but it does not. I am not referring to motive here, <modsnip>I'm talking about evidence. This covers some evidence problems, mainly with order of placement in the mine. It explains why the fuel elements were below the body in the shaft. And why the sprite bottle was there. Here's a preliminary list of things that do not fit this new story:

The tire treads don't match. If he picked her up in his Jeep and drove her straight to the mine, why don't the treads match?

Chris changed the tires.

The car and the driver don't match If it was the Jeep, why did MB see a bright red compact car with a tiny blonde haired guy pick a girl up?

Because MB actually saw a guy pick up a girl.

The dates don't match. If it all happened at once like that on the 28th, why was Chris so concerned about his alibi for the 29th of June?

Because it points away from the day he killed Erin.

The absence of conspirators doesn't match Why did Nichole say she managed to keep her "story" straight, and they "didn't get anything"?

Nichole most likely put 2 and 2 together, after Erin disappeared that day.

Nichole's knowledge doesn't fit. If Chris never told Nichole, how would she know to implicate him in the disappearance?

Answered above.

Cell phone records do not support it. Erin's phone cut out 20 minutes before Chris' did. Why would Erin's phone shut off so quickly?

Chris had service through verizon, Erin had AT&T. Verizon has better tower infrastructure, this better reception.

Crime scene evidence does not fit with it. Erin had been strangled so severely that her blood got on the handles of the garrote. If this had happened anywhere near to the time her body was dropped, there would have been blood all over the walls of the mine. There was none. (The heart can keep beating for as many as 5 minutes after brain death)

The DNA expert said all of the DNA could have been transferred as her body decomposed.

Lack of clean up efforts are not believable. Chris wanted to hide what he'd done, so why didn't he go back with explosives, or thermite, as marines are trained to do, and blast to cover everything up? He could have gotten the tank back too. He had a whole day to do something before she was even reported missing. What happened?

Where would he get explosives? Go back to the scene of the crime and draw attention to the mine? Not even Chris is that dumb.

This is just a cursory review. I'm sure there are many other problems with it.

Untrained eye... exactly how much training have you received? <modsnip>Chris is mentally unstable, always has been. Nichole planted a seed, then watered it. The aftermath is what we see before us today. Its that SIMPLE!!!!!!

I've been a member a long time, just realized I have no idea how to use the ignore feature. Can someone please tell me how to activate it?

After his confession, Judge David Mazurek called Lee&#8217;s wife, Nichole, into the courtroom and informed her, as she held back tears, that she and her daughter will need to be present in court in case the prosecution calls on them to testify next week.

http://m.hidesertstar.com/mobile/news/article_8a70e952-9da2-11e6-b2c2-6b557384b1a2.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When it was his turn to question Lee, District Attorney Sean Daugherty clarified that according to his testimony, even after his wife accused Corwin of molesting their daughter, Lee&#8217;s affair with Corwin didn&#8217;t end.
&#8220;You continued to have sex with the woman your wife thought molested your daughter?&#8221; Daugherty asked him.
&#8220;Yes, I did,&#8221; Lee replied.
Daugherty brought out a life-size stuffed doll along with a weapon similar to the rebar-and-rope garrote Lee used on Corwin and asked Lee to demonstrate what he did to Corwin in front of the jury.
Lee stood in court with the garrote in both of his hands and hooked it around her neck. He then pulled and twisted his body so he and the doll were back to back. The doll was suspended in the air for over a minute and a half.
&#8220;Nothing could have stopped me at this point,&#8221; he told the court as he choked the doll.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves
Back