GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've been a member a long time, just realized I have no idea how to use the ignore feature. Can someone please tell me how to activate it?

Click on the person's profile and the option is there.

So the young daughter has to testify? oh no. Are they going to ask her to testify about the 'abuse'?

I've been a member a long time, just realized I have no idea how to use the ignore feature. Can someone please tell me how to activate it?

Happily. Click on the members name to go to their profile. Underneath their name on their profile page click on the "add to ignore list." That should take care of it.

77DH7 -

You are trying to get the evidence to fit into YOUR idea of how you think it should have occurred. CL didn't do what a mastermind criminal would do to destroy evidence, etc. because he was sloppy and wasn't a mastermind criminal. He lied about the affair. His wife knew he lied about the affair, that is enough to explain away her comments. She didn't need to know. Maybe he told her what he did and maybe that is what she was talking about. Everything you list can be explained away. Witnesses are wrong ALL of the time in cases such as these. They think they see something they don't. Or they see it somewhere else There were probably a lot of tracks out at her car. The police bluffed and said his tracks were there so he confessed that he had been by her car. One person in court stated there was testimony that his tracks were there and another person testified that they weren't. Doesn't matter. He confessed to being there. An absence of evidence doesn't mean the evidence wasn't there; sometimes it just can't be collected, is compromised by people after the crime, etc. Again, all of the evidence you claim proves he isn't guilty can be easily explained away....you just aren't flexible enough to see that people act in a myriad of ways before, during and after a crime and just because their actions don't fit into how you think they would act or should act doesn't mean that it isn't what they did. He confessed to murdering her. CL is guilty, regardless of how you think he should have acted differently if he were guilty.

:stop: bickering

Wow. Just wow. No words to describe how despicable I thought the defendant already was, and now this? To me this accusation has Nichole's fingerprints all over it. If it wasn't such a disgusting posthumous smear of a lovely girl and a horrid thing for her family to have to listen to, it would be laughable what a desperate attempt at saving his sorry waste of a life this is.

When it was his turn to question Lee, District Attorney Sean Daugherty clarified that according to his testimony, even after his wife accused Corwin of molesting their daughter, Lee’s affair with Corwin didn’t end.
“You continued to have sex with the woman your wife thought molested your daughter?” Daugherty asked him.
“Yes, I did,” Lee replied.
Daugherty brought out a life-size stuffed doll along with a weapon similar to the rebar-and-rope garrote Lee used on Corwin and asked Lee to demonstrate what he did to Corwin in front of the jury.
Lee stood in court with the garrote in both of his hands and hooked it around her neck. He then pulled and twisted his body so he and the doll were back to back. The doll was suspended in the air for over a minute and a half.
“Nothing could have stopped me at this point,” he told the court as he choked the doll.

OMG.... :tears:

I wish there was a way to hug her sweet mother...absolutely heartbreaking. :tears:

So Nichole was shaking and then obviously angry (since her tantrum was heard) that her daughter has to testify to these lies!

I feel badly for LL but Nichole and CL deserve everything they are getting!

I dislike that I have some satisfaction Nichole seems to be coming undone. Maybe she will now tell all that she knows and cleanse her soul...

Am I the only one that has a problem with Nichole wearing white pumps after Labor Day?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Absolutely horrifying. CL is a narcissistic monster. And his wife has zero control of herself. What a pair. Disgusting.

The dummy was jerked up in the air by the force of Lee's action. It was such a shocking moment that I thought I heard a gasp from somewhere in the courtroom. Lee reenacted the murder with such callousness, and RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE JURY, that I can't imagine the jurors weren't as haunted by what they saw as I was.

Daugherty interrupted his cross so the court could take its recess, which will last until court resumes Tuesday at 10 a.m.

What a wonderful cross examination by the prosecutor Sean Daugherty :bow:

Sending the jury home with their last imagine of CL strangling Erin. (hard to type)
Giving them 4 long days and nights to think about how violently 19 yr. old Erin Corwin's life would end. :tears:

http://erincorwinmurdertrial.blogspot.com/

Am I the only one that has a problem with Nichole wearing white pumps after Labor Day?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

:laughing: I saw a woman in all white yesterday and had the same thought.

This defense as horrible and full of lies as it is is making sense to me now. I wondered why the def attorney gave no opening statement, hardly questioned the witnesses. I found this statement the def made after the prelim hearing which now tells me he know CL murdered EC way back when.

Lee attorney, David Kaloyanides, briefly cross-examined each witness during Thursday's hearing, poking holes in their testimony but never openly disputing any statements. Kaloyanides didn't call any witnesses.

When questioned outside the courtroom, Kaloyanides said he was aware of a "significant problem" with the prosecution's case against Lee, but said this issue would not be raised during this hearing. Kaloyanides would not discuss the problem further, but said it would be "the crux of the defense."

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/crime_courts/2015/04/02/chris-lee-erin-corwin-hearing/70822386/

So I googled

Law: What happens if an attorney knows a client committed a murder but they want to plead "not guilty"?

Nothing. In the United States, all defendants are considered innocent until proven guilty, either through an admission of guilt by the accused, or a final judgment of a jury or judge. A plea of not guilty does not mean "I am innocent of all charges;" rather, it means "I do not admit the charges against me, and demand that the prosecution prove me guilty beyond a reasonable doubt." Therefore, even in cases where a defendant is obviously guilty or admits his/her guilt to an attorney, there is nothing wrong with a defendant demanding his/her day in court through a not guilty plea.

Lawyers are officers of the court, and cannot suborn perjury; therefore, if a client tells his/her attorney "I am guilty of the charges against me," a lawyer cannot ethically argue that the client is innocent, or allow the client to tell a false story, such that he/she was 10 miles away when the crimes took place. Therefore, an admission of guilt to an attorney may limit what an attorney can ethically do at trial as part of a defense. However, such an admission would have no impact on the defendant's ability to plead not guilty.

https://www.quora.com/Law-What-happ...ed-a-murder-but-they-want-to-plead-not-guilty

This part: Therefore, an admission of guilt to an attorney may limit what an attorney can ethically do at trial as part of a defense.

So it's my opinion that
Either prior to leaving for Alaska or during the trip they came up with this crap load of lies about Erin.

NL is a loose cannon, hard to tell what she says on the stand but it's very easy to get tripped up once there and I hope she is.

She should be shaking!!!

Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that this isn't a last minute defense thrown out there simply because the Judge said he can see the Jury coming to the conclusion that he is guilty of the charges. This has been their defense from the get go, they just didn't disclose it publicly. I also think that the Prosecution knew where they were going with their defense. (Hopefully Erin's family had a heads up, too, so they weren't blindsided in court on Thursday.)

What I am very uncomfortable with is this (from Beth's blog, Day One): "The defense attorney cross-examined Jon, asking him about Erin's relationship with her younger sister, Trish, who passed away when she was a child. The defense attorney seemed to want to make some connection between Erin's feelings for her sister, and her feelings for the defendant's young daughter. Not sure what he's getting at there." I really hope there aren't additional disgusting accusations against Erin to come when the trial continues this coming week.

I stand by my thought that he had a similar garrote in his car in Alaska to further their idea that he always had one in his car, as ridiculous as it sounds to you and me, they are trying to plant a seed of doubt as to the premeditation in the juror's minds.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalo13
Back